Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TCP: RECOVERY SESSION
they're moll's friend, i think we can trust them! we're playing a friendly game anyway. answer honestly and ask the same in return
We have the cutiest two TCPs! a Clutter(group of spiders) type, and a Marimo type! It's hard to make sure we respect their personhood, and can be a good God for them, but they deserve the world. What about you?
[Image: panel_81.gif]

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:SOMBROUS: We have a clutter type and a marimo type and they're the cutiest two TCPs ever! It's hard to be sure we're doing the right things when it comes to respecting their personhood and being a good god for them but they deserve the world.
SOMBROUS: Also! We actually share a type with Moll so hopefully that means we're good at strategy?

LIMESTONE: Well, not necessarily I wouldn't say. Moll's great at this game, don't get me wrong but... it doesn't have much to do with the types she picks so much as how she uses 'em. In general this game rewards creativity, so you can win with pretty much any team so long as you're resourceful enough to make it work. That make sense?

SOMBROUS: Oh.... Yeah, I guess so.

LIMESTONE: Not sayin' it's a bad thing either though! It's just if you rely on "good" TCP types as your only strategy you're gonna get knocked out of any violent game REAL fast.

SOMBROUS: That makes sense...
no longer active
we're trying to avoid a violent game as much as possible, but we get that we may not have a choice in the matter. Any advice if worse comes to worst?
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
The idea of having to make our cats fight is horrifying. I don't want it to come to that. I know it's naïve, but I really hope we can all be friends. or at least people who tolerate each other without the threat of violence.
do the games you guys have been in get violent often?
U know maybe we shouldn't just say what type our tcp are to strangers i mean they didn't even said which types are they tcp
You feel a pang of regret over sharing your TCPs' types so freely but you push it aside again. Maybe you'll be more careful next time but for now, what's done is done. What worries you most right now is what Limestone is implying... will you really have to fight?

[Image: panel_82.gif]

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:
SOMBROUS: The idea of making our cats fight is horrifying to us, we'd really like to avoid a violent game as much as possible. Are violent games very common?

LIMESTONE: It kind of depends on who you're playing with but generally it only takes one player to turn a game violent versus the five whole players cooperating that you need to get a fully peaceful one. Not to say they don't happen but the odds are kind of against it.
LIMESTONE: Also... they don't have to be trying to kill your cats to be hostile. One of the worst games I've lost, not a single cat on my team died. And it wasn't my fault either!

It shudders.
talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:LIMESTONE: I don't like thinking about that one...

SOMBROUS: Yikes, I'm sorry Limestone. That sounds... really hard.
SOMBROUS: Um, do you have any advice for if worst comes to worst?

LIMESTONE: If worst comes to worst, Moll and I will protect you from the other players. Just don't fuck it up. You can learn how to play once your life isn't on the line.

You don't know how to respond to this. Are-are they joking? They're joking, right? But it sounds serious...
no longer active
I'm... not sure how we're supposed to "not fuck it up" if I barely know what I'm doing. I know probably the last thing you wanna do right now is hand-hold a newbie throughout this whole process, but you're going to have to tell me what to avoid, what not to do, and so what. If the likelihood is that we'll have a violent session we have to start preparing now, right?
So really, I really need to know. Do you have any advice for if worst comes to worst? Actual advice. I want to be more than a liability to the team.
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
So this whole game, its kinda like being a mayor or a leader. You can't protect your TCPs from everything. You can only really prepare them. I'm worried that our cats might have some trouble, this is a lot for us to take in. I'm worried we aren't strong enough ourselves to support them through this.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
Wait Wait Wait what?! what do ya mean "my life isn't on the line." are y'all in danger to?!
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Do we have to prepare? I don't like the idea of giving our TCPs weopons or combat training or something. I- I just don't know what to do, I think I can try following your and Moll's lead, Limestone
We should hope for a passive run but prepare anyways if things go sour and we end up in a war or something. Maybe only use force if necessary or plan on BIG defenses and pacifying methods.
[Image: panel_83.gif]

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:SOMBROUS: I’m… not sure how we’re supposed to “not fuck it up” if I barely know what I’m doing in the first place. I don’t really like the idea of giving our TCPs weapons or combat training or whatever. I’m worried that they’ll have trouble with it. It’s a lot to take in and I’m not sure we’re strong enough to support them through this.

[Image: panel_84.gif]

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:SOMBROUS: Like, this whole game, it’s kind of similar to being a mayor or a leader. You can’t protect your TCPs from everything. You can only really prepare them. I just… I don’t know what to do.

[Image: panel_84.gif]

Limestone seems a bit uncomfortable. You don’t think it was expecting this outburst of emotion.

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:LIMESTONE: ...Yeah. Sorry, this whole thing kind of sucks-

You cut them off without meaning too, words and feelings still spilling from your mouth.

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:SOMBROUS: If the likelihood is that we’ll have a violent session we have to start preparing now, right? You’re going to have to tell me what to avoid and so on. I think I can try to follow your and Moll’s lead, but I don’t just want to be a liability.

LIMESTONE: I-Okay, yeah, I can work with that. You have to promise though- if I tell you to take your TCPs and hide, you’ll listen. Got it?

SOMBROUS: Got it.

LIMESTOME: So what are you thinking of for your set-up so far?

SOMBROUS: We’re hoping for a passive run but I think we should um, still prepare for the worst anyway. Maybe only use force if necessary or plan big defenses and pacifying methods?

Limestone nods.

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:LIMESTONE: Sounds good to me. Obviously you don’t want to go too big since then you’ll look like a threat but you don’t want to look helpless either. A healthy balance is best.
LIMESTONE: Do you have any other questions? I should probably go soon, can't sit around chatting all day, you know.
no longer active
What types of TCPs do you have so far Limestone? We already told you ours, so it's only fair if we learn about yours too.
[Image: 3DaQdhK.png]
You think for a moment about what questions you might still have but only come up with one thing that feels like it can't wait.

[Image: panel_50.gif]

SOMBROUS: What types of TCPs do you have so far, Limestone? We already told you ours, so it's only fair if we learn about yours too.

LIMESTONE: Fuck, I forgot to tell you that, huh? I swear I was gonna but... Well, you know.

[Image: panel86.gif]

LIMESTONE: Okay so for my first type you've gotta promise not to freak out cause it isn't what it sounds like. So, there's this planet called Earth where the majority of my collective consciousness is from and they also have the concept of "angels" but they're made up, debatably, and also not anything like Morbitian angels so, yes I did spawn an angel type but don't think of it as an angel it's-

[Image: panel87.gif]

SOMBROUS: I- Limestone, I know what angels are.

LIMESTONE: Huh?

SOMBROUS: I'm from Earth too. Why are people on Morbit afraid of angels?

LIMESTONE: They're fucked up here.

SOMBROUS: Huh?

LIMESTONE: They're just- They're just real fucked up.

SOMBROUS: O-Okay.

LIMESTONE: Anyway, my other TCP is a sunflower type.

SOMBROUS: Cool!

LIMESTONE: Aaaand, I gotta go. Seeya later.

SOMBROUS: Well... bye!

LIMESTONE: Bye!

Limestone has left the call. Now what?
no longer active
Let's check in on Alto and Tenor and see what they've been up to while we were on call!
You decide to check in on the kitties to see what they've been up to while you were talking with Limestone.

[Image: panel_88.png]

You tell Alto and Tenor you're off call with Limestone now. They are curious, asking about Limestone was like. You think for moment, then say something along the lines of "a bit strange, but well-intentioned." The two are satisfied with that brief explanation, as it seems they have a proposal for you.

[Image: panel_89.png]

The twosome enthusiastically explain that Gumby has been telling them about adventures; journeying away from the base and into the unknown. This sounds like the coolest idea ever to them, and they'd really like to go with. They'll even be careful, Alto promises. So please, can they?
no longer active
i don’t see why not? we should check in with them about spawning some equipment for the trip, whatever they ask for / to give them a heads up
Absolutely! They have our blessing.

They may want shoes if they're going on a journey, lets give them a crocs catalogue so they can pick some out
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.