Homebrew Deviants Forums
TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Printable Version

+- Homebrew Deviants Forums (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum)
+-- Forum: [CREATIVE WORKS] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-CREATIVE-WORKS)
+--- Forum: [ADVENTURES + COMICS] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-ADVENTURES-COMICS)
+--- Thread: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION (/Thread-TCP-RECOVERY-SESSION)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - cosmo - 05-27-2019

It is time to play a game we all know. In the beginning, there is nothing but empty space and a single piece of paper.
[Image: eEfRqMN.png]
The note reads:
"GIVE- sharing gifts makes the kitties happy and well! anything can be a gift. 
CREATE- the void is pretty but has full of nothing! kitties can't walk or play on nothing. 
NAME- naming kitties makes them unique and special! they like two syllables best. 
TEACH- kitties have nothing but fluff in their heads! teaching things will make them skilled and strong. 
CHECK- checking kitties is a good way to make sure everything's okay! sometimes they have secrets. 
SPAWN: if you already have a kitty, you'll need more to keep them company! spawning with words helps you make more, but only if the limit says it's ok. 
KILL: sometimes kitties aren't nice to eachother, or go bad along the way. this helps you keep things friendly!GIVE- sharing gifts makes the kitties happy and well! anything can be a gift. 
CREATE- the void is pretty but has full of nothing! kitties can't walk or play on nothing. 
NAME- naming kitties makes them unique and special! they like two syllables best. 
TEACH- kitties have nothing but fluff in their heads! teaching things will make them skilled and strong. 
CHECK- checking kitties is a good way to make sure everything's okay! sometimes they have secrets. 
SPAWN: if you already have a kitty, you'll need more to keep them company! spawning with words helps you make more, but only if the limit says it's ok. 
KILL: sometimes kitties aren't nice to eachother, or go bad along the way. this helps you keep things friendly!"

It seems like the person responsible for this note accidentally copy-and-pasted the original text twice in a row. They must not be very technologically inclined.

Your TCP limit is 1.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Orange Juice Goose - 05-27-2019

Tyrant Type

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Pichi2214 - 05-27-2019

SPAWN festuca type

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - RedGreenBlue - 05-27-2019

SPAWN: Stress

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - !Holiday [Morbit] Waxxx - 05-27-2019

SPAWN: Clutter type

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - AceOfNothing - 05-27-2019

SPAWN: Lithops

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - MarxzVulpez - 05-27-2019

Create: Outer Space with Distant Stars, Space Colony Ship/Space Station with Ocean, Forest/Grassland, Mountains, Desert, and City Environments
Spawn: Peacock Spider Type

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - skinstealer - 05-27-2019

seconding clutter type

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - victorianflorist - 05-27-2019

Thirding Clutter-type

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Iguanaiguana - 05-27-2019

Seconding peacock spider type

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - nonexistentPumpkin - 05-27-2019

Seconding creating a space colony, though maybe leave the spaces for environments blank for now, and
Create: Docking bay for ships and mechs
Spawn: Mech type

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - cosmo - 05-27-2019

SPAWN: clutter type

A singular clutter type TCP spawns in the emptiness.
[Image: KmoAeuj.png]
Immediately, the clutter type begins to twist her head around frantically, as if she is searching for companions that don't exist. Finding a distinct lack of fellow spiders, she crumples to the ground, making distressed clicking noises.

CREATE: outer space with distant stars, space colony ship

The clutter type cowers as her environment manifests around her, clicking loudly in utter terror.

[Image: TEMFp93.png]

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - skinstealer - 05-27-2019

CREATE: 3 spider plushes (clutter TCP size), weighted blanket, wagon to carry things in

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - victorianflorist - 05-27-2019

TEACH: Loneliness

CREATE: Trees made of Glass

>NAME: Alto
>GIVE: Blanket, sea bunny plush, smaller square of the same fabric as the blanket.
>TEACH: Speech.
>"We're sorry we couldn't make friends for you right away, but you're not alone. You have us. We're the ones who just made a bunch of stuff around you, and we meant to do most of that before dropping you in we swear. Eventually we'll be able to make other companions for you, but we have to do it one at a time. Until then, we'll help you through this."

(I'm going somewhere with the fabric square but I gotta wait for a reaction from Alto first.)

Introduce our self (who or what are we anyways? we should probably find out)
after explaining things, we should try to find out what our new friend's likes and dislikes are and make a living space accordingly

We should also come up with a name for the space station
some name suggestions I have are:
The Great Ship Gumbo
Monte Cristo's Revenge
Starbound Haunt

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - RedGreenBlue - 05-27-2019

NAME: Courage
CHECK: Courage (or whatever name they get)
TEACH: Love, Hope
CREATE: Distant Hypergiant Star

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Pichi2214 - 05-27-2019

>NAME: Fuzzball
>CREATE: festuca/grass balls

also I second naming the space station "Starbound Haunt"

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - seppawku - 05-27-2019

i like courage, and starbound haunt! how about we start by CREATEing a shelter for her, and then ask what she wants?

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - cosmo - 05-27-2019

NAME: Alto
CHECK: Alto

[Image: LTOY1PO.png]

Alto is a CLUTTER TYPE TCP and so is experiencing quite a bit of distress over being alone. She is a CREATURE TCP; her primary abilities are passive and cannot be used intentionally under normal circumstances.

CREATE: 3 Alto-sized spider plushes, wagon

[Image: InCtOZi.png]

Alto perks up when she sees the spider plushes, rushing over and clicking excitedly at them until she realizes they aren't real. She kicks the nearest one in frustration.

[Image: yGKbUfC.png]

GIVE: Weighted blanket, fabric square, sea bunny plush

Alto scurries under the weighted blanket and clutches the sea bunny plush so tightly that you worry its seams might burst.

[Image: CtRUFx1.png]

TEACH: Loneliness, speech, love, hope

You try to comfort Alto, letting her know that you're sorry that you can't make friends for her right away and that she isn't alone. You tell Alto she has you; the ones who just made all of the stuff around her, and you promise you really did mean to do that before dropping her in there. Eventually you'll be able to make other companions for her, but you have to do so one kitty at a time and until then you'll help her through this.

Alto adapts to her new skill of speech quickly, asking you why you would make her and all of this. You taught her loneliness before everything else, does that mean that you're lonely? She's scared and confused and- yes- lonely, but she doesn't want to have to stay that way.

CREATE: Glass trees, distant hypergiant star, fescues

Almost absentmindedly, you continue to fill in Alto's environment and she scrambles out from under her blanket to glare at you. Would you please stop doing that?

[Image: w8LRku6.png]

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Orange Juice Goose - 05-27-2019

TEACH: Executive Dysfunction

Sorry, but there's a lot of us in this one position, so its difficult to focus and not spawn all sorts of stuff on a whim. We should at least try and honor you and slow down though.

Ok, time to explain a bunch (remember that teaching to much at once can cause sensory overload)

We still need a name don't we? Some sort of Form would probably help too

"Welcome to the world Alto, or ship floating in the void as it would seem. Sorry for the mess, it would appear there's a degree of impulsiveness to all this. We'll give you a better heads-up about things from here on out."
"We can make a thing for you so you can see us directly, would you like that?"

Building on the "lots of us in this position" thing:
>"We often just do things as we think of them, loneliness was relevant to your situation so we saw fit to teach you the concept. We should probably slow down on 'teaching' you that way, too..."

>"As for why we made you and all of this... we were prompted by the emptiness you were in previously to make things. Why a void begging to be filled presented itself to us, your guess is as good as ours."

>"And don't worry, you won't be alone for long. See that little square of fabric we gave you? Some people take tons of different kinds of fabric from all sorts of things, make them into squares, and then sew those squares together. It's called a quilt, and it's common to start making one before one has all the squares to do so. They're collected and sewed over time until the quilt is as big as or even bigger than a blanket, and that's what we're planning to do here. Every quilt starts somewhere, and you, Alto, are the first square in this one."

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - 1011686 - 05-27-2019

Teach: Reading
Create: A piece of paper with a list of skills, fields of knowledge, information about certain things, basically anything that could be taught using the TEACH command, as well as a short description of what each one is about.
Basically my idea here is that we let Alto choose what she wants to learn from the list, and only use the TEACH command once she's decided. That should avoid any sensory overload, since it gives her control over how much she learns at once.

Here are some things that could go on the list:
-Skateboarding
-Acting
-Astronomy
-Parcore
-Sewing
-Painting
-Board games
-Robotics
-Architecture
-Comics
-Biology

Idk im just throwing out random ideas. We should also say that Alto can take her time choosing what to learn, there's no rush.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - victorianflorist - 05-28-2019

CREATE: Mirror

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - seppawku - 05-28-2019

lets make sure we're TEACHing her about things rather than potentially, giving her skills that'll make her feel worse, i'm a little overly cautious i think but! seconding the list idea, and.. definitely try and explain that there's a lot of us but we'll try to stop making stuff;; she seems really overwhelmed

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - cosmo - 05-28-2019

The space station is now known as the Starbound Haunt.

TEACH: Executive dysfunction, reading

You begin to apologize, explaining that there's a lot of you so it's difficult to focus and not take every action that pops into your head. You promise to try to do better about this in the future and to give warnings before using CREATE or TEACH commands. As for why you did certain things, you taught her about loneliness because you felt it was relevant to her situation. You made her and her surroundings because the emptiness that she was in previously had prompted you to fill it. Why a void had appeared to you, begging to be filled, you aren't certain. Her guess is as good as yours. Alto clicks skeptically at this but she doesn't challenge you.

You tell her not to worry, pointing out the fabric square you made earlier. Some people take tons of little squares of fabric from all sorts of places and sew them all together into something called a quilt. It's common to start work on a quilt before all the squares are assembled; they're collected and sewed together over time, until the quilt is as big as or even bigger than a blanket. That's what you're planning to do here. Every quilt starts somewhere and Alto is the very first square in this one.

[Image: yu8RExB.png]

While you were speaking, Alto picked up the fabric square. She says nothing in response to your speech but she seems to be contemplating your words.

You offer to make something that will allow Alto to see you directly and Alto hesitantly agrees, as long as you promise to warn her before plopping it in.

CREATE: Mirror

[Image: OQ73FUh.png]

Are you freaking serious?

You may now choose your form, name, and domains! Feel free to submit designs along with your suggestions.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - nonexistentPumpkin - 05-28-2019

>NAME: Suraci
>DOMAINS: Exploration and protection
>MOTIFS: Space tech and flowers (shape)
>FORM:
[Image: KdAdLxk.png]

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - RedGreenBlue - 05-28-2019

design time hype
[Image: 0wDDlpJ.png]
Sombrous, God of Rest and Connection
Motifs of Eyes and Patchwork (and tentacles?)
Notes: The eyes on the end of each of Sombrous' tentacles can display various shapes and emotions, and each is capable of carrying Sombrous' voice(s); Sombrous' does not have a mouth but does not need one to speak. Sombrous is also somewhat amorphous due to being comprised entirely of tentacles and cloth, allowing them to change their shape and overall appearance. Sombrous' name is a portmanteau of the words Sombre and Tenebrous; it also has a very similar sound to "Somnus", the latin root for sleep and the name of the Roman god/personification of sleep.

After we form:
"Sorry, that wasn't it. One moment..."

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - victorianflorist - 05-28-2019

I love Sombrous so much.

GIVE: Sleeping Cap

(My intent here is to create an item that allows us to contact Alto directly)

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - RedGreenBlue - 05-28-2019

Seconding the Sleeping Cap Communication Device.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - MarxzVulpez - 05-28-2019

I thought the Mirror was going to be our communication device, but depending on what form we pick, something else might have a better synergy

I hope it's okay that I designed 3 different form possibilities

here's the first
[Image: 05281901092.jpg?width=321&height=393]

Name: Wyvi (why-vee)
Domains: Arcane Mystery and Mycology
Motifs: Cloaks and Very Large Hats

Design 2:

[Image: 0528190109a2.jpg?width=373&height=392]

Name: Gripvine
Domains: Plants and Robotics
Motifs: Eyes and Tentacles

Design 3

[Image: 0528190109b2.jpg?width=362&height=392]

Name: Quincy
Domains: Sky and Space
Motifs: Webs and Hands

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - seppawku - 05-28-2019

SOMBROUS IS SO CUTE, whatever we go with should DEFINITELY have multiple eyes. solidarity with alto! if i can, ill do a rough doodle later but there's my input for now (:

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Orange Juice Goose - 05-28-2019

I don't know if there is any veto power in this collective, but NO CREATES.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Pichi2214 - 05-28-2019

I second the no CREATEs, neither any GIVEs nor TEACHes for now, Alto is already mad/stressed enough

Also I support the idea of Sombrous (aka the many eyes because we are many different people and also because of spiders and the softness/comfort of patchwork/dreams/connection to others), though I would not necesseraily go with that name. I would want to decide on a name after we have a final defined form through an update and name it afterwards!

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - 1011686 - 05-28-2019

I like Gripvine's design, although it needs more eyes,

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - MarxzVulpez - 05-28-2019

Thank you for mentioning that, they do have more eyes, I just forgot to outline them after I colored

[Image: 0528191534.jpg?width=294&height=393]

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - King-Clod - 05-29-2019

To further the quilt theme we have going, it'd be neat if our god had aspects from each design submitted represented in the final form, as a patchwork square of part of the body. Something like the having the left arm of the first suggestion, the right arm of the second suggestion, etc.

Also maybe fake vampire teeth.
Not to further the quilt theme, just for goofs.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - cosmo - 05-29-2019

It takes some talking among yourselves but eventually you come up with something that you feel fits you.

[Image: DneEsgC.png]
Your motifs are EYES and PATCHWORK. Now would probably be a good time for you to make a final decision for your name, domains, and pronouns. Remember that aside from pronouns, none of this can be changed once its decided!

After you form, you let Alto know that the mirror wasn't the device you were speaking of, and to hold on one second. She crosses her arms impatiently.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - seppawku - 05-29-2019

hmmm i still rly like sombrous! they/she for pronouns. what kind of device would be good though...?? anything too complex, we'd have to teach alto to use, and she's already kinda upset

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Pichi2214 - 05-29-2019

I would go with they/them for pronouns since we're a collective after all, seems just like the most inclusive ones for all of us
As a name my mind only gives me something like Fuzzy or Fuzzball, but I don't know if anyone else would agree to that name
Aaand for a communication device, the sleeping cap that was suggested a few posts ago seems like a really fitting and cute idea for us!!

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - RedGreenBlue - 05-30-2019

Why not She when referring to the body, but They when referring to the whole?
Can't speak on behalf of the name or domains other than saying i'll stick with them since they were my original suggestions.
And yeah, the sleeping cap. It's cute! And might have a synergy bonus?

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - King-Clod - 05-30-2019

Domains or Community and Paranoia.
Name? Schmatte.
Hat? Yes.
Pronouns? How about genderfluid? We alternate based on who's talking, maybe? Something like that.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - 1011686 - 05-30-2019

I like Sombrous, but I feel like it's better with another syllable maybe. Somberous.
As for domains, hm. I kinda want to go for something more concrete, like endurance and silence.

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - Pichi2214 - 05-30-2019

Since I forgot to add domains to my post I'll post again:
For domains I really like the concept of sleep/rest for us or just generally something calm/comforting/relaxing, based on the patchwork and quilt theme
If not that then I'd go for connections/bonds/community, since we started out with a clutter type and forming a close to connection to them and our future TCPs and our TCPs with each other seems to be like a big goal for all of us

For the second domain I kinda also feel like anxiety/paranoia/fear would be fitting, also based on our distressed spider friend, so I'm seconding King-Clod in that regard

Also seconding King-Clod with genderfluid! I feel like they/them as our general pronoun would work, but other pronouns can be used based on the specific person talking

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - AceOfNothing - 05-30-2019

I like the idea of Comfort and Paranoia for domains, the almost contradicting themes fit well.
Pronouns I don't mind Genderfluid, but They/Them makes the most sense I think

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - cosmo - 05-31-2019

You are SOMBROUS, a collective god of PARANOIA and COMMUNITY. Your motifs are EYES and PATCHWORK. You use any pronouns, but default to they/them under most circumstances.

GIVE: Sleeping cap

[Image: EW6JzM0.png]

Alto picks up the sleeping cap and, with some prompting from you, puts it on. Immediately, her eyespots glaze over with a strange blue sheen and you both become aware of each other in a sort of "meeting room" the cap created.

[Image: Ub57Ydt.png]

Alto stifles a click of fear as she sees you looming over her.

ALTO: You're... bigger. Than I thought. You'd be.

She sounds a little intimidated but continues on.

ALTO: So what do you want? You- you said you wanted to make a quilt... together... with me. I liked that idea but...

Alto clenches her fists.

[Image: VMWUhbp.png]

ALTO: You keep breaking your promises! I don't understand why you are so kind one minute and so thoughtless the next! Did you even mean what you said or were you just saying what you thought I wanted to hear?

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - King-Clod - 05-31-2019

"I'm very sorry about that, we're still getting the hang of things ourselves."
"We're a collective, which means I'm one voice of many in this... host body."
"Our temperament might differ depending on who gets to do what, but..."
"I promise you we want the best for you and love you dearly. Some of us are a bit bad at showing it, though."
"Once we get used to each other and this situation, though, we should be more consistently kind."

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - nonexistentPumpkin - 05-31-2019

>"Patience, patience. We can only do so much moment to moment, and due to our nature we have a tendency of getting ahead of or behind ourselves. We're many people working together, each eye you see on us is a different person. It takes but one eye to input a CREATE command, and while the rest of us could theoretically prevent said eye from doing so, we believe we have more important things to do than argue with ourselves and leave you in silence. Eventually our voices will reach a harmony and you won't need to worry about us being inconsistent in our behavior, but this will take time."

>"And yes, we meant what we said, although..."

>TEACH: Metaphor

>"...We were referring to making you a family, which is something that will also take time. We could also make an actual quilt with you if you so desire, quilts are indeed nice."

>"Perhaps we've been too hasty in our attempts to welcome you to existence and reassure you this is only the beginning, that things will improve and change and decline and improve again and-"

>"...We're doing it again aren't we. We should give you some time to process all this, and let you get back to us at your own pace. We'll add to this space station a place for you to rest and perhaps a place to blow off some steam, and then once you feel like talking again you can put on the cap. Until then, we'll (hopefully) be quiet."

RE: TCP: RECOVERY SESSION - RedGreenBlue - 05-31-2019

"Yes, that's to be expected..."

"Think of us not as one person but as a whole league of people inside one body. Our thoughts, decisions, and emotions are all separate from one another, and as a result we have difficulty agreeing on and carrying out actions."

"Some of us have done this before, which is why we know all of this; for most collectives, however, just like you this would be our first time taking a visit to reality, as it may."

"Even though we are all separate beings in one body, there is one thing we can all agree on: we love you, and want to see you happy."