Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[MORBIT] The Pickled Corvice
[Image: impact_forum_icon.png] [IMPACT]: Id like to be able to fly
no longer active
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: evolving at a rapid pace in a sense, yeah. like i said, i kind of don't want to go too much into it, because i don't want to get gawked at or god forbid, called a freak or something.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: i get that enough from my own kind. kind of a lot of infighting on this topic
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[Jocelyn]: well then, if I were to have adapted to my circumstances over my life... I would have become less... scary looking, larger to accommodate a world of complexes, and maybe even lost my ability because of how much it scares people away. I like all those things about myself though. It would be sad to see them go, but maybe I would have welcomed it when I was a fresh spawn.
[Image: mK3I10T.png][REVERSE_BULL]: I've been judged and mistrusted for my ability, but it's been a great help with... certain aspects of my life, as things stand.
[ZESTY] Hi hello there. Hi. Everyone.
[Jocelyn]: Hello zesty.
[Jocelyn]: I believe all TCP are judged on their typing to some extent. I am an Anatomic Surrealism Type. my body is covered in areas of missing flesh, revealing slightly abstracted Complex anatomy. It is as if I am a walking corpse. My ability is similarly grisly in nature, at least if used on living beings. The usual reaction is either disgust or alarm over my wellbeing. At least the second one shows some concern, at least until I let them know I'm fine and they get disgusted because I don't do anything to cover up.
[Jocelyn]: I apologize for the rant, but I can sympathize with being called a freak, Devils Lament.
[scott] has joined the chat!

[scott]: HELLO i am Scott im a space type tcp ehehe
[scott]: tbh i’ve, never rlly like talked to many ppl outside like…
[scott]: three others
[scott]: i mean theyre my friends,, but like,, i wanna talk to new people you know!! so
[scott]: hellooOOO! am i interrupting something
[Image: mK3I10T.png][REVERSE_BULL]: Sort of, but that's alright. This is a chat room, it happens. Someone was asking survey questions, I think you can see them to answer them if you scroll back. Same to you, Zesty.
[scott]: o yeah   thats cool didnt realise that i could um,, scroll up ahaa
[scott]: talkin about changing as a person huh? idk im not...., experienced with life stuff man
[scott]: i like Me!!
[scott]: but im not very. old.? so stuff could change I guess
[YELLOW.PAGE] has joined the chat!

[YELLOW.PAGE] so 
[YELLOW.PAGE] my project partner was trying to start a conversation about concepts
[YELLOW.PAGE] and broader themes and issues that concepts deal with in every day life
[YELLOW.PAGE] but apparently nobody knows what concepts are
[YELLOW.PAGE] so
[YELLOW.PAGE] how about we try something different

[YELLOW.PAGE] I want you
[YELLOW.PAGE] "you" as in whoever is willing to participate
[YELLOW.PAGE] to imagine something for me
[YELLOW.PAGE] imagine yourself, in your body
[YELLOW.PAGE] and one day, without warning
[YELLOW.PAGE] your body, what you considered Yourself, was forever changed
[YELLOW.PAGE] entirely beyond your control
[YELLOW.PAGE] and you now have to deal with an entirely different appearance
[YELLOW.PAGE] and potentially drastic changes that affect even simple things like walking, talking, eating, could work in completely different ways now
[YELLOW.PAGE] you may be unable to do things you used to
[YELLOW.PAGE] it really just depends on luck, more than anything
[YELLOW.PAGE] picture that for me, really picture it, and tell me how it might feel, or what issues you might really worry about happening
[YELLOW.PAGE] just whatever comes to mind, however detailed or simple you'd like to be with it

[YELLOW.PAGE] oh and
[YELLOW.PAGE] be polite please :)
[Image: impact_forum_icon.png] [IMPACT]: Fuck.?? well maybe id be sad or happy i guess It depends on what happens to me right
[Image: impact_forum_icon.png] [IMPACT]: Like if i m lucky then Fuck yeah and if I'm unlucky then oh shit You know?? Can't do shit about that but yeah
no longer active
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: While the context is different, I'd argue that Luxson native corvice affected by the horror plague experienced such a metamorphosis, considering we're now a completely different species.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: I hate to repeat myself, but while I was born half OBJ, my one of my mothers was born a corvice. She struggled with the changer up until her passing.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: She had to completely alter her lifestyle to account for her newfound fragility and physical weakness.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: And she had to cope with her society and support structures shattering as a consequence of the plague.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: So while I acknowledge that your experiences as a Concept are distinct from my cultural experiences as an OBJ, I absolutely understand.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: I live in chronic pain as it is, and some days my legs barely cooperate.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: And while I personally lack a comparison between what my life would have been as a corvice as opposed to an OBJ, my physical symptoms are a direct result of the horror plague affecting my mothers.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: And like, it seems you're getting at pretty dramatic changes, so I'd count exploding heads and fur/hair/scale loss along with other miscellaneous horror mutations as dramatic.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[Jocelyn]: I had already entertained such a possibility at the request of Devils Lament, so it's not too much trouble. It would depend heavily on the changes, I could see myself being fascinated by what has changed, or sad of what I'd lost. There is a certain appeal to having a non-static body. I do not grow or change, I am what I was since I spawned. Having the ability to change, even if was beyond my control... I think If given the choice, I might well take it, with the only caveat being I retain my ability.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: and what if the changes were unpleasant? really unpleasant?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: or really disliked by the people around you?
[GUEST] can I ask what you'te goin to use this info for?
[GUEST] it's kinda an uncomfortable line of questioning imo
[GUEST] especially with how pushy your being with it
[GUEST] it feels terrible, plain iand simple
[GUEST] I said that already
[GUEST] what more do you fucking want
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: no need to get snippy, please?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: i'm a social worker, we both are, we're going to use this information to better aid our own clients in their changes. 
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: yeesh
[GUEST]: sorry
[GUEST]: im not sure anyone here is going to be able to give you satisfying answers though
[GUEST]: specially not me sorry im touchy aboutthis stuff
[GUEST]: might want to look into sources for monsters and horrified people though
[GUEST]: look up near-terror experiences especialy, where folks got to the brink of becoming a terror but not quite
[GUEST]: might be more the sort of answers you're lookin for
[YELLOW.PAGE] this is all helpful so far, so I appreciate the input
[YELLOW.PAGE] and I realize this isn't the best way to collect this sort of data
[YELLOW.PAGE] but we were tasked to do this within online communities
[YELLOW.PAGE] not really my call

[YELLOW.PAGE] I'm technically not allowed to say that but 
[YELLOW.PAGE] ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[YELLOW.PAGE] at any rate, you're welcome to not answer if you're not comfortable with it
[YELLOW.PAGE] as far as I'm aware this chatroom is fairly open-ended
[YELLOW.PAGE] you're more than welcome to pretend like we aren't here

[YELLOW.PAGE] anyone else still wanting to participate is welcome to, though
[YELLOW.PAGE] I think devil asked a bit further with this
[YELLOW.PAGE] and if you have any questions directed at us, you can ask Me specifically, if you need to
[GUEST]: also if you get any like, concept masterpost on how to deal with that could you link that here?
[GUEST]: i haven't found much that helped me and the writeup your partner wrote up reads almost identica to my experience
[GUEST]: especialy with like the really unpleasant changes you mentioned
[GUEST]: sorry again
[Image: mK3I10T.png][REVERSE_BULL]: This is a really strange manner in which to collect this data. Wouldn't you want to contact communities that have direct experience with this sort of thing instead of a random sampling in a chat room?
[YELLOW.PAGE] that's unfortunately something I'm not allowed to do
[YELLOW.PAGE] especially with my job
[YELLOW.PAGE] I can't direct people to specific places for support, from a legal standpoint
[YELLOW.PAGE] as much as I'd like to, I'd prefer to not lose my job
[YELLOW.PAGE] but you could search something like "body metamorphosis support" online, I know there's a handful of sites that may be able to help, I just can't give specifics
[YELLOW.PAGE] therapy may also be a good resource, and if your area doesn't offer it, you may be able to find it online, too
[YELLOW.PAGE] that's my recommendation, as someone who does this for a living
[YELLOW.PAGE] we're wanting to get data from the general populace online, at the moment
[YELLOW.PAGE] from just about any group
[YELLOW.PAGE] even random chatrooms

[YELLOW.PAGE] but you're right
[YELLOW.PAGE] this is definitely helpful for what we're trying to do
[YELLOW.PAGE] but it is not ideal
[YELLOW.PAGE] again, I only have so much sway for what we get to do within our project
[YELLOW.PAGE] as much as I would Very Much Like to have more control over how we do things :))))

[YELLOW.PAGE] this isn't the only place we're looking, for the record
[YELLOW.PAGE] currently doing a "shotgun" approach in quite a few different places
[YELLOW.PAGE] we're still getting useful data
[YELLOW.PAGE] so it's still worth it
[Jocelyn]: In response to "and what if the changes were unpleasant? really unpleasant?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: or really disliked by the people around you?"
I obviously wouldn't want the changes if they were entirely negative, but as for reactions? I am an eleven inch tall walking corpse of grotesque proportions. I am more than used to being disliked for my appearance.
[scott]: tbh walking in on this
[scott]: this, like. questionnaire ? which is apparently collecting data for somethin (idk im only like skimming messages i miss)
[scott]: it wasnt what i EXPECTED when i joined the chat but , you  kno wwww
[scott]: its smth inteRESTING!
[scott]: as for the actual question uh,,  m
[scott]: like who cares if other ppl dont like it!! i mean if the changes are negative for YOU then, maybe, dont do it but.
[scott]: if its good for YOU and OTHER people have a problem with it then thats THEIR problem babyy!!
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Hey I was looking for a chat room what's up
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Let me see if i can backread??
[SPINNING-YARNS]: ...OH
[SPINNING-YARNS]: That's heavy for a random chat room on the internet, wow!
[SPINNING-YARNS]: I'm pretty sure I have some experience with this though
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Hopefully I'm not too late to answer
[SPINNING-YARNS]: I have no idea how to answer these individually so um, I guess do with this what you will but
[SPINNING-YARNS]: I'm an OBJ so I used to be a bird corvice and now I am not that and uh
[SPINNING-YARNS]: ...you know what never mind I don't think I can talk about this in a room full of strangers even if it is basically anonymous sorry
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: that's fine, no one is obligated to answer or anything
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: and i did warn that it could cause argument or get personal
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Yeah
[SPINNING-YARNS]: But uh
[SPINNING-YARNS]: I DO want you to know you're not alone, okay? Because I can understand going through a major change and having it affect you severely
[SPINNING-YARNS]: obviously
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: thanks, i guess?
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Yeah
[SPINNING-YARNS]: sorry
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Didn't really expect this to shake me up so much? it's been a while after all
[Jocelyn]: Speaking of change, I do not believe my caregiver is entirely pleased with his body. I do not wish to reveal too many details, but since the subject was raised, does anyone know anything about body modification? Does healthcare cover it anywhere in Taverne?
[Image: mK3I10T.png][REVERSE_BULL]: You can get nearly anything done in Hearth for a very reasonable price.
[Jocelyn]: Hearth seems like an interesting place, I will have to look into that. I am unfamiliar with inter-zone laws regarding such things. Perhaps there are opportunities here in Wonder. There is still so much I do not know.
[Image: mK3I10T.png][REVERSE_BULL]: You could call it that. It's a little bit hectic and definitely crowded, but there are a lot of opportunities here, and there's a lot of acceptance of all appearances and abilities. I feel at home here.
[VINYL_HEART]: happy holidays!!!!!1
[JOCELYN]: Hello again Pickled Corvice. I have learned much since our last meeting, including how to embed a hyperlink. I say this because I have conducted research on Concepts. I would like to thank The Free Online Encyclopedia That Anyone Can Edit for this guide to Concepts. here is the link: [Link]
[JOCELYN]: I have also learned it is customary to break up larger messages into shorter consecutive messages in chatrooms such as this.
[JOCELYN]: I will try my best to apply what I have learned
[JOCELYN]: Concepts seem rather poorly designed, with abilities that can and will kill them when manifested during metamorphosis. Why a god would make a species that endures such hardship I do not know.
[JOCELYN]: Actually I would know, or at least know something similar. My species was created as a... training tool for gods. While I think it is immoral, there was a purpose behind our design, and it was to suffer and die for others to learn. I cannot fathom why Concepts must suffer and die then.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: please god do not call my kind poorly designed
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: i mean i'm inclined to agree but also cmon
[Bauble_Trouble] has joined the chat

[Bauble_Trouble]: Whats up! Nice to meet you all!
[Bauble_Trouble]: Oh! Concept talk yay!
[Bauble_Trouble]: ... Oh. Not... exactly what I hope for. Um.
[Bauble_Trouble]: Well... to be fair a lot of species are created with... problems. Some tcp spawn in places they can't survive, rumors are that Snuglin have a set day to die when they're born, and all it really takes for most species is to fall wrong and they'll be irreversibly hurt.
[Bauble_Trouble]: I mean, if a God can be eaten, then well... I don't think anything was designed properly.
[Bauble_Trouble]: But maybe avoid saying it like its just Concepts? Its not like we chose for this to be hard on us
Give Me Your Coins
[JOCELYN]: I apologize, I do not think I am yet capable of talking about the inherent flaws in your existence with more tact.
[JOCELYN]: If it helps, I will say negative things about my own species. I'm a mistake. Me and every Morbit-side spawning TCP were never supposed to exit. we are flaws in the machination of a god that either cares too much, or not enough.
[PHISHFOOD] has entered the chat!

[PHISHFOOD]: hey guys!
[PHISHFOOD]: ...oh this is not what i expected
[PHISHFOOD]: uh
[PHISHFOOD]: that has a lot of implications about both other tcps who might be upset by that and like. concepts. also. because you're comparing your species to concepts.
[PHISHFOOD]: it doesn't help.

[PHISHFOOD]: ...how's it going?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: oh i'm off work at this point so i'm just watching this happen in my free time for some godforsaken reason
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: here is my professional opinion:
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: :/
[JOCELYN]: I do not understand
[JOCELYN]: What is wrong with talking about the inherent flaws in species? 
[JOCELYN]: Is it because it hurts feelings? 
[JOCELYN]: What kind of dialogue are we supposed to have then?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: alright fine i suppose i'll be the asshole with a degree in the room
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: when you go and say that an entire species has "inherent flaws" you throw individual people, including people who may be listening, under the bus
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: even when you are a member of that species that can be incredibly insensitive at best if not psychologically damaging at worse, especially if a member of that species is particularly vulnerable or susceptible to triggers or say, experiences disabilities
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: as a social worker it's my job to help deal with clients (albeit indirectly) that go through a lot of hell and being told "hey, our kind is kind of fucked up inherently and so are you" would just make them want to give up instead of push through what is very possibly one of the hardest times in their lives
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: so yes some species are dealt a bad hand but it does not help to push a narrative that some species are more """"flawed""""" than others
[Flower_Floof]: uh, okay so i just checked back in for the first time in a looong while, i've been loosely lurking here and uh
[Flower_Floof]: saying that a shitton of my friends were never supposed to exist is kinda. really really fucked?
[Flower_Floof]: like that's not just talking about flaws in a species, which...i can understand that someone would need to vent about that at times, but like, that is telling individual TCPs who read this "hey you, you're not supposed to exist"
[Flower_Floof]: which is like... really bad
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
[JOCELYN]: So it is damaging to talk about the... bad stuff a species has to deal with?
[JOCELYN]: If that is the case then how are you supposed to account for it and make things better?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: obviously not, thats important to talk about
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: but for god's sake you can talk about it without calling every member of a species a mistake and saying they shouldn't exist
[JOCELYN]: Can I?
[JOCELYN]: If so then I do not know what words I should use.
[JOCELYN]: I suppose that's a flaw with me personally. I should do some more research.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: yeah. it's not really my job to educate you or anyone else's here so
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: probably a good idea
[JOCELYN]: I should consider formal schooling.
[JOCELYN]: Apologies, thinking 'out loud', so to speak. I think it best if I take my leave now.
[JOCELYN]: I am sorry for the disruption I caused.
[JOCELYN] has left the chat!
[PHISHFOOD]: uh... everyone alright after all that?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: yeah im fine