Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[MORBIT] The Pickled Corvice
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: those kind of shows just seem cruel, to me
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: also i don't think i'd get along with a whole bunch of me's
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: also are there any other concepts in this chat im trying to do a survey
[GUEST] concepts?
[GUEST] uuuuuuuh how about
[GUEST] the pooower of fiendship
[GUEST] *firendship
[GUEST] *friendship
[GUEST] though the power of fiendship would be interesting
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: no, the species.
[GUEST] there's a species called Concepts?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: :/
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: i know people outside of my area arent the most informed about our species because they're not considered the most
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: pleasant
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: at times
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: by other people
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: but that's still pretty disappointing
[Image: impact_forum_icon.png] [IMPACT]: Wsorry to hear that bro. lotta people where I am dont recogonize my species either though cheers
no longer active
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: Not that I know of, I'm a OBJ-fox myself.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: But its always possible there is another who doesn't want to reveal their identity.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: There's no way you're a luxson native so I won't even bother asking.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: I've never heard of concepts before.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: hm
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: i guess i do have a survey here for non-concepts
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: it's a little heavy, though, and i worry that it could cause some debate.
[Jocelyn] has joined the chat!
[Jocelyn]: I would like to place an order, do you have pickled TCP food type products in stock?
[GUEST] lay it on us
[GUEST] the survey Imean
[Image: impact_forum_icon.png] [IMPACT]: @[Jocelyn] Not that kinda chat bud
[Image: impact_forum_icon.png] [IMPACT]: also yeah lets here that survey! Lay it on us!
no longer active
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: okay, you asked for it:
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: question one.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: what are your thoughts on the idea of metamorphosis/transformation?
[Jocelyn]: Is this not the website for The Pickled Core-Vender?
[REVERSE_BULL]: I've never done anything like this but my housemate is telling me to make some friends.
[REVERSE_BULL]: As for your question, that would probably depend on the context.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: No, Jocelyn, it's not. This is a chat room.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: I'd say ambivalent. It's not something I have direct experience with.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: i don't write the questions, so i'm not really here to guide answers.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: but i guess just go with what your first instinct is, and what you know about it?
[REVERSE_BULL]: Okay, hmm... I think it could have legal, moral and ethical considerations and should be approached with extreme caution.
[Jocelyn]: The Pickled Core-Vender, Wonder, Taverne website
[Jocelyn]: search
[Jocelyn]: exit
[Jocelyn]: escape
[Jocelyn]: cancel
[MoreYouSnow]: I like the idea of it personally.
[MoreYouSnow]: Maybe its just a like... I feel like when people see me they expect certain things from me, so the idea of that changing someday makes me feel happy.
[MoreYouSnow]: Like there's more than just this.
[MoreYouSnow]: If I saw it happen to someone else I'd worry for them, want to know if they're okay or in pain.
Give Me Your Coins
[Image: impact_forum_icon.png] [IMPACT]: I guess its kind off too vague for me reall y think about you know? like every one is changing in small ways always but the way youre talking sounds like changing in big ways and I dont know much about that.
no longer active
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: got it...and if anyone wants to answer past questions after ive said another one, go ahead, just let me know you're answering a past one so i can write it down alright.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: question two: if you were to go through a major transformation of your own, one that would change you utterly and completely, what kind of resources do you think would be important to have in order to adjust to it?
[Jocelyn]: I received some help from my guardian and have located what I was looking for. I apologize for misusing this chat, however this discussion has caught my interest. I'm not sure what to make of transformation besides it being a fascinating prospect. As for the second question, I think it's vitally important to understand how your body functions, and how that has changed. access to medical professionals is a must.
[Image: hoUzg8e.png][REVERSE_BULL]: A good social network, probably. Maybe good doctors if that were relevant. Maybe a good legal team if that were relevant.
[Image: hoUzg8e.png][REVERSE_BULL]: Can I ask what this survey is for? How are you using the answers?
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: Oh, I can probably actually give you a meaningful answer about this one.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: So there was this huge horror event a number of years ago here in Luxson.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: Well I say event but its was really a cataclysm of sorts. 
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: My parents were both alive at the time and they underwent major transformations, as my mam was a corvice until the cataclysm and my other mother became a soup after exposure.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: For them, they both needed mobility aids, new wardrobes, and a headcase, in my mam's case. 
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: So you definitely need personal resources catered to your needs after your transformation.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: it's not hard to infer what i'm talking about if you know anything about concepts, which it's clear that you don't because apparently the world decided to pretend we don't exist, very fun to find out online
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: the answers are to help us find out what other species can give us for ideas and information on how to handle our own metamorphosis, which frankly i don't know if i'm comfortable explaining in detail to a bunch of people on the internet considering i feel like i'm just going to get gawked at and asked a lot of weird questions
[Image: impact_forum_icon.png] [IMPACT]: UHm booze. and my best friend being there
no longer active
[Image: hoUzg8e.png][REVERSE_BULL]: I don't know anything about concepts, but I have an open mind.
[Image: hoUzg8e.png][REVERSE_BULL]: I need to... My house mate says to just type "brb"
[MoreYouSnow]: I don't have any family, and I get worried about meeting people so um... hm.
[MoreYouSnow]: I'd say one of those books thats like "Your body and you" but like... about Concepts for Concepts.
[MoreYouSnow]: Never seen anyone say those help though...
[MoreYouSnow]: Guess I'd personally want internet access to research like "is this normal" or "what to expect". Maybe try to find a private chat room for others going through similar things, but that might be hard.
Give Me Your Coins
[Jocelyn]: Rest assured Devils Lement, I will be doing extensive research into Concepts after this conversation. I apologize for my ignorance, I am still fairly young, and that is by TCP standards.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: frankly im surprised there's TCPs that don't know about concepts especially, considering a lot of TCP technology is derived from our species' tech
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: considering we came centuries before you and had a lot of similarities
[Jocelyn]: I was a research subject at the hoopla TCP research facility until very recently. I am not well acquainted with larger TCP culture. While I am no doubt sure the researchers knew about Concepts, I cannot tell you why they withheld that information.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: Lament, I feel.like that's a bit unfair to the TCP members of this chat room.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: Its not their responsibility that Wax made them similar to Concepts.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: Just like its not my fault that I use certain tech developed for aquatic species because of my composition.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: If it helps people, it doesn't matter who its meant for.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: fair enough i guess, guess im just a bit bitter that i came into a chat and found out that my species goes completely unrecognized, even online and around people who i'd assume i'd be able to connect with a bit.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: that sort of thing does not feel great and i can't say i recommend it
[Image: hoUzg8e.png][REVERSE_BULL]: I never questioned where the tech comes from, I suppose. Sounds interesting though, I'll do some research later.
[Image: hoUzg8e.png][REVERSE_BULL]: Not sure what's stopping you from connecting now though.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: I can only offer my sympathy for your plight but with all due respect, this is probably a lot of our first chat rooms.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: And the internet is not always as accessible as you would hope. Like this is my first chat room.
[Jocelyn]: Indeed, I am still getting used to email, Laugh Out Loud.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: connections...never been my strong suit anyway, i guess it doesnt matter.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: can i move on to question 3, now?
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: Totally, fire away.
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: if you were to decide on how to change yourself in a major way, what would it be? how would it differ from how you would actually change, providing the change was based on yourself as a person?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: ...this one's rather personal for a chatroom, apologies
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: Are we talking physical or emotional changes?
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: both, though primarily the former. former causing the latter.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: I'm not sure how to answer this one.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: I mean, I accepted like how my body is and will continue to be a long time ago. I was born how I am. I am malcontent in some ways, and satisfied in others.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: If I could live without my handicaps, yeah I'd choose to do so. But then, I've lived like this so long, I think how I am is so intrinsic to who I am at this point that I'd end up remaining relatively the same.
[Image: uDqF5AA.png] [CHEAP-SNOOZE]: I don't know really, this seems a bit beyond me, especially since I'm always wary of assuming to know how I'd react to something I've never experienced.
[Jocelyn]: I would want a mouth, and a digestive system. I want to enjoy all of the great complex sweets, Right now all I can do is admire their aesthetic qualities. Plus it would be nice to smile. Fingers would also be nice. I am unsure of what you mean by 'how would it differ from how you would actually change, providing the change was based on yourself as a person?'
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: i guess it'd be a pretty weird question to someone who's unfamiliar with my species, yeah. not sure there's a better way to phrase it, i think it's...some sort of...
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: i don't know how to phrase it. it's weird, for sure. 
[DEVILS_LAMENT]: idealized change versus change you'd be dealt if the change was based on the course of your life.
[Image: hoUzg8e.png][REVERSE_BULL]: Not too sure how to answer this. I think I'd want to be larger. It's hard to be taken seriously, especially in professional settings. I don't quite understand the latter part of your question, I'm afraid.
[Jocelyn]: Devils Lament, do you mean something like if your body adapted to your life circumstances? as if you were evolving at a rapid pace?
[MoreYouSnow]: I'd like normal skin and fur. Maybe antlers that could actually be used as weapons. I'd like to be able to avoid something I'd prefer not to name, but currently that doesn't seem possible.
Give Me Your Coins
[GUEST] thoughts on the idea of metamorphis? hoo boy
[GUEST] in general it's a natural part of life, kinda
[GUEST] but for me personally it's ...trigerring isn't the riht word but unnerving kinda is
[GUEST] I won't get into my personal experience with that sort of thing because this is an online chatroom and this is more of something you'd tell a therapist but
[GUEST] when I think transformation I think horror mutation, and terrorfication
[GUEST] and that tno matter hoow much you may want something there's never never any coming back from that and it's ike your own body is never truly completely in your control
[GUEST] question 2 haha heck if I know, loving support of family only goes so far when they all look at you different. ike you're a monster that stole their kid's name and skin but messed it up in the process. which, you kinda are.
[GUEST] therapy probably idk
[GUEST] #3...idk I reallly really can't think of changing myself on purpose
[GUEST] even body mods terrify me
[GUEST] anyway I've probably shared too much than goodness i didn't give myself a nickname on here
[GUEST] probably not the answers you wanted but what can I say
[GUEST] shit's terrifying