wmw.THRIFTY DREAMS.blog.home/TCP.1
Star 
THRIFTY DREAMS
[Image: uDqF5AA.png]
A [CHEAP_SNOOZE] Blog

[Image: slimeline.gif]
17/06/XXXX

[Image: sleep1.gif][Image: guestb.gif]

Now, it's been a while since I posted anything here, but I'm really happy to be back. 
I'm starting a new project of sorts and I'm really excited to keep people updated on it.

Instead of spending my whole day on the computer, I'm going to open up my home and start accommodating Tiny Cat People.

I've spoken with some knowledgeable people on the subject of TCP rights and housing and they've been fairly supportive. Their passion is especially appreciated.

I've cleared off a shelving unit I wasn't using much, I aim to create a sort of apartment complex on the shelves. I've created a few partitions that break up the shelves into two rooms each. 

I've purchased a small quantity of Food-type chunks. It feels a bit morbid to have chunks of someone's body in the fridge but that's just the life for the cats I guess.

I've also bought some toy furniture and materials to modify them if the need arises, if I get someone bigger or smaller than the scale there.

I'm hoping I'll be able to take in someone soon. I've put out some online ads and I was able to convince my cousin to put up some flyers for me around town. I'm crossing my fingers that she actually put them at a height TCPs can see.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good time at whatever time you read this! Make sure to sign the guest book at the top!

Wish me luck and remember, the sweetest dreams come when you least expect it.[Image: computer_sleep.gif]

Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
THRIFTY DREAMS
A [CHEAP_SNOOZE] Blog

21/06/XXXX

Alright guys, so it's been a few days but we've had our first response to our ad! 

[Image: F7iwuDk.png]

Meet Buddy!

A Cocker Spainel-type. Which is a variation of the well known 'dog-type'.

I found a website called the TCPdex, check out the Cocker Spainel-type's entry HERE.

He's 4 inches tall and incredibly friendly. He's really happy to have the space to himself and is helping me construct a staircase I ordered that's going to connect all the shelves together.

He's quite handy for such a little guy. He also helped me figure out a way to make the kitchen sink accessible to TCPs for bathing and perhaps recreational purposes. After he helped me do all the dishes after a few weeks of them sitting there, of course.

I made some TCP scale flyers which he's going to be putting up in some of the local TCP gathering spaces. So we should see more people coming in to stay. 

I've gotta order some more furniture and start making some too. Buddy has been able to customize his little room a smidge but I really want to make him feel comfortable, it looks really utilitarian at the moment. 

Rest easy!
[Image: computer_sleep.gif]

I've noticed that someone left a comment on the guestbook, so I want to introduce a new segment where I answer your questions and respond to your comments! I love reader feedback. Maybe you guys could even send in questions for the TCPs that end up residing here in the future.

CluelessMedea - Hello! My name is Streamy! My friend Medea has been looking for blogs like this to show me. There are no other TCP in my area, so I don't really know what they're like. Do they need to live in groups? That may be difficult for Medea, I have already been "an adorable handful."

It's nice to meet you Streamy! Every TCP is their own unique individual with their own wants and desires. Buddy happens to be very fond of Doo Wop Music and cheese-type chunks. 
I hear that it's common for TCPs to form small communities, often called 'colonies', but it's not really essential to most TCPs. Those groups likely form as a consequence of there not being already available infrastructure to support the rapid influx of spawned TCPs in most towns. So the people that can build those spaces, i.e. other TCPs, tend to congregate for many reasons. Safety being one of them.
The biggest trouble I've had is watching my step. It's hard to live with someone who could be underfoot at any moment, I've been working on small bridges made of Popsicle sticks which can connect major areas such as; the kitchen counter and the coffee table.
It's really up to your personal preference, if you'd like to live among other TCPs then you can seek them out. Perhaps Medea will surprise you in how they handle taking in more than just you.

Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
THRIFTY DREAMS
A [CHEAP_SNOOZE] Blog

26/06/XXXX

We've had two newcomers to our little community here and I'm incredibly excited to introduce you to Talon and Trifecta! 

[Image: inRQkiX.png]

Talon and Trifecta happen to be unique among TCPs, naturally occurring as multiple individuals who are bound on some instinctive and mental level. 

Apparently this phenomenon also occurs in other plural typings; such as brood or litter-types. 

T&T happen to collectively be a Twin-type! Always born with their other half, the two are inseparable.

Though their bickering tends to give people the wrong impression, you should have heard the uproar when Talon took up my offer on giving them separate rooms.

Trifecta was incredibly upset but absolutely refused to explain why. I was eventually able to create a two-room area with easy access between the two.

Speaking of rooms, Buddy and I have figured out an incredibly effective way to partition the shelves i have into separate spaces for each cat. 

It's a plastic box of sorts; heavily modified to accommodate the individual TCP. But it creates a very nice sized space that can be scaled to the TCP.

I've ordered doors, windows, and other furnishings from various miniature, toy, and TCP retailers.

I've found that materials for Models, such as for trains or war games, are incredibly effective for creating these spaces and interiors. 

In fact, I was able to create a lawn of sorts in front of Buddy's room for him to lay on using pipe cleaners laid on their side and thimbles have made charming little flowerpots for him.

Creativity is definitely going to extremely useful as more cats join us here at The Slumbering Vine Home for TCPs

Rest Easy!

[Image: book_brown.gif]SHARED DREAMS

Little_Birdhouse - Hey wow buddy seems helpful! I would get maybe a doll house?  They’re big enough for most tcps, not body types though.

I considered a doll house as an easy option but I feel like it may be restrictive for certain TCPs.

Like you mentioned, most body-types are far too large to be scaled to most Doll Houses.

I'll definitely put a pin in it for later.

Perhaps a specific TCP would be interested in a doll house setup as opposed to a more custom set up.

[Image: door.gif]

[Image: book_green.gif]LUCID GUESTS

Seeing as we've had a few cats drop in but not stay, I'd like to still talk about the stories they may have shared or simply put a word out that these cats may be looking for homes or work. 
Anything I can do to reach outside the community my new friends and I are building here.

So, this new segment will be where I talk about TCPs who have stopped by in the manner of this plucky little engine-type, Snuff!

Snuff is a green engine-type, of the machine category, she's not very fond of noise and a bit of construction nearby prevented her from staying permanently but she's determined to find a place to settle down. 

She wasn't afraid to admit that even the roar of her own engine warming up with a smidge of fuel can keep her from relaxing. 

I highly recommended a padded space with lots of sound dampening materials inside and outside for her sake.

She enjoys scrap booking, some of her work was extremely creative. Though not the scraps you're thinking of, these were colorful pieces of paper that she collects along with pictures of other crafts materials.

She actually had me wondering if there is an artistic application for scraps, the energy thingamabobs that those wizards and witches mess with.

I was sorry to see Snuff leave, but this wasn't her place. She'll find the quiet place she's seeking someday!

THRIFTY DREAMS
A [CHEAP_SNOOZE] Blog

26/13/XXXX

Great XXI down the street have we had a number of newcomers to our Slumbering Vine Home for TCPs. Three whole cats have joined us over the course of the past few days. 

So, TCP power hour go!

First we have Florentina, a shield-type, she's capable of crafting additional shields at the cost of health. Something she's been doing far too freely for T&T. Those two refuse to stop sliding around the sinks in the bathroom in those shields, I've got to build them some sort of playground. 

Back to Florentina, she happens to be a researcher of sorts. I've set up her room with all sorts of replicas of ancient artifacts from more primitive iterations of civilization. She adores legends especially. She'll happily launch into any number of retellings of the various oral stories she's heard in her travels. Tales like that of a series of hidden lakes in the Taverne province of bluster where there's a secret group of mothlies living in the heat of some kind of miniature sun artifact powered by scraps. Crazy stuff right? She calls herself a "self taught anthropologist" and I just think that's positively adorable. I've been typing out the legends she's been telling me so that they can be saved, but there's so many versions of each legend that sometimes I realize halfway through that she's telling me the same story from yesterday but the characters have swapped perspectives. It's been a blast having her around, and she keeps the terrible T's entertained with her stories. Sadly her lack of arms means she can't contribute physically to maintaining the house but I really haven't minded at all. In fact, there's no cleaning up after her because she doesn't run through other people's rooms swiping things off shelves with their arms. I'm talking to you, Talon and Trifecta. 

Her room was pretty standard. Accessibility wise, I created a little pulley that lets her open her door with her foot and all her chairs are rocking chairs that way she can throw herself out of her seat. 

Next is Kelvin, a ferret-type who's got a bit of a gambling problem. I don't mind his love of muzzletrap racing but betting on every one of them doesn't mean you're winning money no matter who wins, sweetie. He means well and tries to place them wisely but he's absolutely terrible at it. I'm trying to get him into watching something else but nothing else has the same thrill for him. Trifecta has fleece him with almost every race. I'm thinking I might figure out a way to create some kind of game of chance that gives him the same thrill while keeping more of his change in his coffers. 

His room was perfectly standard, as he doesn't lack any a facilities but I do keep finding all his pillows in Trifecta's room. I suspect it's because Kelvin has been posting them as collateral with his bets against Trifecta.

Finally, we had a nameless Bastard-type who was dropped off by a young lady who said she found the poor cat messing with the wiring in her walls. The little thing was just using it's ability, which compels itself and those around it to modify things. He was absolutely enraptured by the television when we brought him in, so Buddy called him Channel. Now he's our resident movie and TV expert.  He knows exactly what everyone wants to enjoy and does his best to create a schedule which gives everyone the chance to watch their shows when they want. And Channel's ability really helps that long, constantly modifying that schedule keeps us all on our toes. Though I've got to remind myself to stop Trifecta and Talon from hanging out around him for too long. That urge to modify things is very destructive when it comes to the twin-types. 

I had set up Channel's room for him but it seems every few hours the entire room has been rearranged and refurnished. That constant urge to modify intrinsic to his decorating style at this point. 

Rest Easy!

[Image: book_brown.gif]SHARED DREAMS

LabrinthineLayabout -  Have you found any difficulties in tiny cat people being unable to stand environmental factors like heat or moisture? I imagine things such as refrigerators could cause problems if say, you accidentally trap a TCP inside.

I could definitely see that happening in the future but for now none of the TCPs on residence are particularly susceptible to the cold or heat. Florentina could rust given the chance and Buddy's fur takes hours to dry but I have a very clean and comfortable home, so no problems of that sort so far. 

[Image: book_green.gif]LUCID GUESTS

Nobody who stopped by this week was interested in an interview, my apologies readers!

THRIFTY DREAMS
A [CHEAP_SNOOZE] Blog

10/03/XXXX

Now we've got four newcomers since our last update. The TCP residency has expanded, I've added a small park area using miniature garden decorations, potted plants, moss, and various small flowers and small medical center with lots of materials for TCP treatment.

Speaking of the clinic, that brings us to our first new resident! Akane, the True Power-type. It has to be one of the most unique cats I've encountered so far. It's fascinated with medicine, almost to a fault. If I didn't build the clinic I have no clue what it'd do all day. TCPs of all sorts of types come in for minor and major injuries. I've met more weapon types since it came and set up a shop than I've ever seen before. It's reattached arms, bandaged cuts, and even figured out a procedure to help waterlogged TCPs using some cheese paper from my kitchen!

And on the subject of paper, we have Letters, a burn-type! He is quite the creative cat, collecting paper and scrapbooking all day long. I can't wait till my scanner gets set up and I can show off some of his incredible work. He lives in the third story apartment over the clinic, right above Akane's place. The two of them have gotten incredibly close. 

Now, I've also just finished building these toys I ordered online. It's a whole bunch of TCP scale amusement park rides. K'Rexitions is normally meant to be ridden by little plastic Karacel and Beatfoxes but it's a great scale for most smaller TCPs, especially for another new resident, Origin! Origin loves amusement parks and immediately choose to move in upon seeing the boxes as I was opening them. I think I've sparked an interest in engineering in her. 

And finally, a TCP I've unfortunately had to isolate, Infection. He is, unfortunately, a bit of a problem case. His fluid continues to end up inside people and I've had to coat his room in plastic to protect his furniture. Akane has learned a special method just to extract that fluid from who it's ended up inside. It has been cool watching it use its power to elevate its tools to their true power.

Rest Easy!

SHARED DREAMS

No comments since our last update

---

LUCID GUESTS

Seeing as people haven't been very interested in interviews, I've decided to turn this little area into a place for TCPs looking for homes to advertise themselves!

[Image: xHWKv8l.png]
"I'm Gennie, a Vessel-type. I've tried a few homes but a lot of them have been unnerved based on my appearance. My eyes tend to scare people away. I'm an amateur painter and glass artist. I like making miniature mosaics with pieces of glass."
(Claimed)

[Image: 9Z28cz8.png]
"I-I-I'm Euphrates. A tear-type. I u-u-used to live in a T-T-T-CP colony but I grew t-t-tired. S-s-some of those c-cats just don't know how to handle a-a-anything on their own. I'm a tailor for our kind."
(Claimed)

[Image: rZ375dH.png]
"You may call me Cradle. I'm a god-type. I used to be the administrator for a TCP colony but I was ousted by some upstart weapon types. I'm looking for a home that will work with me, not against me."
(Claimed)

[Image: e5PUwKS.png]
"Hey blokes, I'm Saph. I make techno music. I use my powers to do these sick light shows during my performances. I used to be partnered with this Fog-type named Junebug but she bounced on me for this dumb theatre troupe."
(Claimed)

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.