Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TCP: RECOVERY SESSION
I'd like to wave back and then sit down and offer them a hug!

Also I second the introduction, telling them our name and that we can make stuff and that we want to build a big home for them and Alto and future friends.
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
Howdy pardner.

Is there anything Tenor would like to know?
[Image: fY4WOQw.png]

SOMBROUS: Hi there, partner! It's nice to meet you. Our name is Sombrous. Would you like a hug?
TENOR: It's very nice to meet you, Sombrous! You are rather large so I think I would prefer if you wouldn't hug me, if that's alright.

SOMBROUS: Perfectly understandable. Well, if there's anything you want us to make or teach you, let us know! We want to build a big home for you and Alto and your future friends.

Tenor nods but they seem distracted.

SOMBROUS: Is something wrong?

TENOR: Alto seems to be trying to get our attention. Apparently there's something happening? I'm going to take the cap off now so we can get a better scope of what's going on.

Tenor whips off the sleeping cap before you can respond and your focus returns to the Starbound Haunt. Alto is standing beside Tenor and tugging on their arm. A loud ringing sound echoes through the station.

[Image: iCphb7V.png]
It's entirely possible this isn't a cause for alarm, but to err on the side of caution I think making weapons for our cats to protect themselves might be a good idea.
introducing weapons out of the blue seems like it'd escalate way too far imo.. we have the upper hand in our base and no reason to think that there's any danger, so i think it'd be okay to just have them answer the door! or maybe we can make an intercom if we don't feel safe w that?
What if we give them nets? Like quilted blanket nets that induce sleep in those captured in them.

Not a weapon exactly but cant be used to defend the cats.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
See if the TCPs can use the console to investigate.
I also suggest that we check the console
also tell them we're going to create something and CREATE a view screen panel for seeing what's on the other side of the door
Yeah creating a way to view what's on the other side of the door is a good idea. Tell Tenor and Alto it's probably fine. Whoever's here appears to be ringing the doorbell, and they wouldnt do that unless they are polite.

Edit: ok so that's an empty space not a door. No problem, just >Create a door there. Warn Alto and Tenor first, and it wouldnt be good to scare them, so make it a nice door, polished metal with colorful patterns on it. It should come with a lock that Tenor and Alto can use, but start off unlocked, because I think locking off their only apparent route out of this room would paint a bad picture, even if they dont necessarily want to leave right now. Then, create the view panel that let's them see onto the other side of it.
Oh right we have signatures
You mentally run through your options. You briefly consider making weapons or other tools for the sake of self defense, but you don't want to escalate the situation if you don't have to. After giving the kitties a quick heads up, you start building your defenses. 

CREATE: Metal door with locking mechanism, camera view monitoring just outside the door

[Image: zxtfaM2.png]

Alto creeps over to check the viewing screen, gripping Tenor's paw tightly.

[Image: J9eAaTA.png]

[Image: ortyEDj.png]

You can't see anything that could be the source of the noise. The sound is pretty echo-y so maybe it's coming from further away...?

At your request, Tenor moves over to the nearest console and starts flipping through surveillance feeds. Alto stays by the door, stating that if anyone wants to come in and hurt her new friends, they'll have to get through her first.

[Image: jswqvsp.png]

[Image: iKgFXpY.png]

[Image: 9CNpUdY.png] 
i... i guess we should go pick that up! i vote we have tenor and alto stay together though;; separating ... bad idea
Yeah, stay together and approach the phone. Its kinda hard to tell how far away it is, if its just around the corridor from the door or if its a way's walk though this space station place. In case its the latter, I want to make something that'll let us get through this place faster. Give warning to Alto and Tenor, and then >create a two-person scooter, plus two helmets.
Seconding the scooter.

SAY: We need you to go pick that thing up, it might be helpful to us later. It's hard to tell how far away it is from the camera, so we're making you a thing to get you there faster if need be. Stay together, and if something happens, we'll protect you.
TEACH BOTH: SCOOTER USE
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
CREATE: Scooter, helmets

[Image: XYcIOQZ.png]

You run through your plan with Alto and Tenor. You want them to stay together and pick up the phone. It's a bit hard to tell how far away it is so you've made them something to help them travel across the station quickly. You're going to teach them how to use it now.

TEACH both: Scooter operation

Alto hops onto the scooter and fastens her helmet with a click. Tenor does the same, sliding on behind Alto. There is then a pause during which you all realize that the door is still closed. Tenor gets off the scooter and holds the door open for Alto to drive the scooter through. Once successfully outside, they sit back down behind Alto and she floors it.

[Image: utFlWds.png]

Alto handles the scooter confidently, letting out a squeak of joy as they cruise down the station walkway. Tenor holds onto her tightly, but you can tell that they are enjoying the high speeds too. Too quickly, the pair arrives at their destination. 

The bike screeches to a stop and the TCPs dismount. Alto pops the case open with ease and pulls out the ringing device!

[Image: 3lNBoCv.png]

On the communicator's screen, some text is flashing.

MOLL is calling, pick up? Y/N
Y, I doubt they have access to cognito-hazards so why not?
Yes, new friend time

Maybe we should make the Cognito-hazards?
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
y!! what's a cognito-hazard?
A term popularized by SCP Foundation, basically anything that by perceiving it affects you in a typically harmful way, but more or less everything is hazardous because of inconvience.
IE a Cognito-hazard kill-agent which kills you if you look at an image.

I was making a jest that we have literally nothing to lose because the chances of stuff like that are low.
Hit Y, but let the TCPs know we're going to be talking to someone else for a bit. In the meantime, they should probably head back home and wait for us to finish. Maybe get to know each other a bit?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

You pick up.

SOMBROUS: Hello?

[Image: panel_45.gif]

MOLL: Oh hey hey, hi there! Who might you be? I haven't seen you before. Are you from Reticy?
MOLL: No-no-no wait I think know! You're a collective right? A new one? That's probably it. Just like Limestone, how cool!
MOLL: I wonder if they're playing this time. I'm sure it'd like to meet you.

She talks... really fast. You're having trouble keeping up.

MOLL: Oh, but how rude of me! I am Moll, a greater god of the Ménage pantheon. And you are? :O
Sombrous, and we are indeed new.
Like the other voice said, Sombrous.
So, Froggy, what sorta cats you running? What's your specs?
We're Sombrous and yup, we're a collective! Who's this Limestone you're talking about?

[ADOPTS]

"the menage pantheon?"
What's Reticy?
[Image: panel_46.gif]

SOMBROUS: Yes, I am Sombrous, and we are indeed a new collective.

MOLL: WOW! I really guessed correctly right away, huh? My intuition must be even better than I thought!

SOMBROUS: There's a few things I want to know. Like who's this Limestone you're talking about? What's the Ménage pantheon? And Reticy?

MOLL: Hehe, so many questions! You must be really curious. Limestone is another collective I know! They're pretty great, I'm sure you'd get along.
MOLL: Ménage is the pantheon I belong to, and Reticy is our neighboring pantheon. Hope that clears things up!

SOMBROUS: So, Froggy, what sort of team are you running?

[Image: panel_47.gif]

MOLL: I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours! It's only fair, Nightgown.
We made a grouping type TCP first, so we were busy trying to keep them calm, and failing a bit. We passed up the second not knowing what other gods would show up, and took the third global TCP slot with a nature type since the first one REALLY needed company that wasn't us.
pretty good description.. we want our tcps to be friends, we’re not going super heavy
Now that we think about it, one of our TCPs did see something green floating in space. Do you know anything about that? Do you have a ship as well?
SOMBROUS: We made a grouping type TCP first, so we were a bit busy trying to calm them down... and failing a bit. We decided to let someone else take the second slot since we didn't know who would show up, and took the third slot with a nature type since the first TCP really, really needed company aside from us.

MOLL: Huh, I have to admit, I'm not too knowledgeable on these "grouping" types you mentioned? Is that something I should know about?
MOLL: Thanks for leaving me a slot, though! 

[Image: panel_49.gif]

MOLL: I was able to spawn a very cute marimo type with it! Its' name is Gumby and I looooove it so much! I'm feeling really good about this session so far.

SOMBROUS: Now that I think about it, one of our TCPs did see some green thing off in the distance. Do you know anything about that? Do you have a ship as well?

MOLL: Oh! Yeah, I bet that's us. You must not be too far away...
MOLL: Should we come over and say hi?
yeah sure, you seem cool
Huh, you made a marimo type too? Interesting.

Yeah, come on over! We'll let our TCPs know you're coming.

[ADOPTS]

TCPs based off words that are groups of things tend to be extremely social, ours was very stressed out until we gave it a peer.
[Image: panel_50.gif]

SOMBROUS: Huh, you made a marimo type too? That's interesting.

SOMBROUS: To answer your question, TCPs that are based off of collective nouns tend to be extremely social, so ours was very stressed out until we gave her a peer.
SOMBROUS: And yeah, sure, you can come over. You seem pretty cool. We'll let our TCPs know you're coming.

[Image: panel_49.gif]

MOLL: Oh goodie!!! I'm so excited to meet your kitties!
MOLL: Though, if it's alright with you, I'm gonna go now! I want to get back to Gumby and fill it in on what's happening, hehe.

SOMBROUS: Sure! See you soon.

MOLL: Seeya!

Moll hangs up and your focus returns to your TCPs.

[Image: Xh9q02Z.png]

Alto teeters precariously as she balances on one foot atop Tenor's helmet. Sensing your attention on them, she hops off and asks what you've been up to. They'd gotten pretty bored waiting so Tenor was timing long she could balance. Tenor shrugs and nods. So what were you doing?
We were talking through that thingamabob you nabbed. With a frog-thing named Moll, she's gonna send her cats our way. Ready to make some friends?
The thing you picked up was a device that lets us talk to other people like us! There's a person named Moll leading one of her TCPs over, you should head home and get ready for more guests!

[ADOPTS]

How long can you balance?
You explain about the communicator and your conversation with Moll, letting them know to expect guests. Alto expresses excitement over the idea of new friends, while Tenor presses you for more details about your chat with Moll. What was she like? Did she seem nice? Will it be very long until they arrive? And is there anything else they should do to prepare?

[Image: 7axJWwM.png]

You're curious though, how long can Alto balance for?

Alto and Tenor consult with each other briefly. Tenor shrugs, saying that she can balance for at least a minute. The first time Alto tried, she'd fallen nearly immediately and then her second try had been cut short by your return. They estimate her second attempt at around a minute. Alto probably could've kept for a while longer though! Like maybe forever. She's sure of it!

The TCPs load back onto the scooter and Alto drives them back home. They park the scooter outside the door, hanging their helmets from its handlebars.

[Image: pZ9IT8Y.png]

Is there anything else you want to do before Moll arrives?
How about we have some music?
Give warning, then >create: Jukebox (the one that comes with several songs and you just press buttons to pick which one to play)
To answer some of Tenor's questions:

>What was she like?
She seemed excited to talk with us, and very friendly.
>Did she seem nice?
She was great! We only talked for a bit, but we can tell they're a good person
>Will it be very long until they arrive?
We're not sure- we don't actually know how far they are from us.
>And is there anything else they should do to prepare?
That's mostly up to you! If you want to set something up to welcome them, let us know and we can whip something up.

[ADOPTS]

You answer Tenor's questions patiently, telling them that Moll seemed very nice; you can tell she's a good person. You aren't sure how long it will be until Moll and Gumby arrive, so if Tenor or Alto want to set up anything to welcome them, they can just let you know. Tenor nods, saying that maybe some pillows for them all to sit on would be nice.

CREATE: Jukebox, pillows

[Image: 0eeJKTw.png]

Tenor is pleased with how the pillows turned out, but they are more curious about your own creation. Alto and Tenor take turns flipping between songs until they find one they both agree on.

After a few minutes, Moll pipes up from your communicator.

MOLL: We're here!
SOMBROUS: Okay, great! Where are you exactly?
MOLL: I'm not sure, we seem to have docked somewhere towards the underside of the station. You might have to send your TCPs to find the docking bay and come let us in?
no longer active
Hey Tenor and Alto, Moll's arrived! She docked on the station's underside and needs you to go and let her in, although...
>create additional panel on wall that controls the docking bay entrance.
This might work instead? In which case, you just need to unlock it. You should still probably go meet them though. There's another marimo type like you Tenor, its name is Gumby.
Moll's here! You should hurry to greet her!

>CREATE: Gift bags
>TEACH Alto: Hosting

Hosts don't always have to give presents to their guests, but it won't hurt to make a good first impression!
[Image: 3DaQdhK.png]
Have the TCPs check the camera feeds and see if they can spot where Moll's docked.

[ADOPTS]

You let the TCPs know that Moll has arrived, and she's brought with her another marimo type, just like Tenor! They both react excitedly; Alto puffing up to her full height in anticipation and Tenor hurriedly fluffing the cushions for their guest.

[Image: 2Hu9IDD.png]

You realize you should be able to remotely unlock the entrance to the docking bay using the control consoles you created earlier. You pass this along and Tenor pokes around a bit on the monitor before saying that they think they figured it out and it should be open now.

CREATE: Gift bags
A couple of empty gift bags appear on the floor. Is this what you hoped to accomplish?

TEACH Alto: Hosting

[Image: 81ABo7T.png]

Alto makes a terrible squeaking noise, quite frankly scaring the hell out of you. Frantically you look around for danger but spotting none, you realize with a sinking feelings that you forgot to warn her before using a TEACH command. Alto bolts for her room but Tenor intercepts her path and places her weighted blanket in her paws, gently squishing something in a tone too low for you to hear. Alto sighs and nods, folding the blanket around herself.

[Image: kz73oMr.png]

Tenor says quietly that they think it would be best if they went to go get Gumby alone. They know Alto is going to want to meet it but she'll need some time to recover first. You agree and Tenor slips out the door on foot, mentioning that they thought they had seen a staircase leading to the lower levels somewhere on their earlier joyride. They locate it quickly and start down the steps.

[Image: Kq0F4zT.png]

The two of them had had a chance to talk while you were on call with Moll, Tenor tells you. Alto had said she finds TEACH commands very overwhelming. If she doesn't have time to prepare herself for them, she can't fight down the wave of panic that rises up in her as the knowledge fills her head. They don't like to see their friend in distress, not at all. So maybe in the future, if you have something to teach them, you could TEACH Tenor first, instead of Alto? They don't find it nearly as upsetting as she does, and they feel confident that they can pass along a decent enough summary of most subjects so long as they aren't too complicated. What do you think?

no longer active
CREATE: Post-it-note in godspace that says "Teach Tenor stuff first!!!! Alto gets freaked out Sad"
TALK (TENOR): That sounds good! When Alto's feeling better, please let her know we said we're sorry we forgot and we'll try to be more careful next time.

[ADOPTS]

thank you for th suggestion tenor! that’s a rly good idea abd a post-it note will help us remember
Yeah actually, we can teach Tenor how to teach, so they can handle that.
Assuming they agree: >TEACH Tenor Teaching
Also, I want to ask Tenor if there's anything in particular they would like to learn about right now.
Create: Dyson Sphere, Hypercube, Turbolifts
CREATE: Post-it note (in godspace)

[Image: SzzRJaC.png]

There. That's much better. Can't forget about what's right in front of you!

You thank Tenor for their suggestion, telling them that it's a great idea. You wonder if there's anything they'd like to know about right now but they say they would rather not keep Gumby waiting. They think they're almost there! Tenor does think learning to teach would be useful though, so you TEACH them as they enter the docking bay.

[Image: oPc95S2.png]

The two marimo type TCPs greet each other enthusiastically! Tenor expresses their admiration for Gumby's cape, while Gumby marvels over the roominess of the station. They begin to make their way back up the staircase to Alto, chatting excitedly all the while.

Moll chimes in on your call.

[Image: Ju32lYe.png]

MOLL: THEY'RE SO CUTE AAAAA!!!!!
MOLL: There's two of them!!!!!!!!!!
MOLL: I bet Alto's really cute too, I can't wait to meet her!
no longer active

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.