Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[IN PROGRESS] Someone Lost
MISSION: SOMEONE LOST

[Image: 637230859027611649_brisk.png]
[Image: WOxKePR.png]

I'm Brisk. When I was back in the lab, I had a friend called Casket. We both got put up for adoption, but due to lab regulations, only one of us ended up going- and it turned out to be me. I told her when I left that I would write, and I did. That was a week or two ago, and she hasn't replied yet, which is unlike her. I tried messaging her on the online chat thingy, but no such luck there either. When I got this weird pocket dimension equipment in the mail the other day, it mentioned something about pairs of TCPs being connected. I don't understand it entirely, but if I'm reading this correctly, then I'll be able to get in touch with Casket through this. I have no idea how dangerous this will be, but be prepared for anything.

OBJECTIVE: Find Casket
Party: [4/4]
Flicker
Indie
Mince
Clarice
RULES: No PvP, no items required, traveling equipment recommended.
DANGER: Your TCP will be in MINOR DANGER. There is some risk of bodily harm, but there is little to no chance of being KNOCKED OUT.
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Flicker would like to tag along!

[Image: e2bCcxf.png]
Inventory:
Backpack
Multitool
Poncho
[Image: 46L7SNf.png]                         [Image: AccxU29.png]
~Calyx
[Image: 5wUDl8s.png]
[Image: DaOikgE.png]
This sounds like a real adventure! I really really don't want to miss out on something like this so let me come along and help, please? I'll do my best!

INVENTORY:
- backpack
- swiss army knife
- candy corn (complex scale) x1
[Image: tumblr_pf5w4d8u371tckf0go1_250.gifv] [Image: tumblr_pf5w4d8u371tckf0go2_250.gifv]
[Image: UCqKoxI.png]
[Image: WQoN48N.png]
INVENTORY:
- backpack x1
- assorted scraps
- umaibo 
[Image: 0lmbqZC.png]
[Image: Wfw9MZV.png]
Let's do this! I'm ready to record every step of our journey. (You don't mind if I take some samples to analyze, do you?)

INVENTORY:
- camcorder
- sample jars x3
no longer active
The four of you are standing in the middle of a lush forest. There is a small clearing to the NORTH with a cozy-looking cottage in the center. A gentle plume of smoke emanates from the chimney. To the EAST, SOUTH, and WEST is more forest.

What will you do?

NEW OBJECTIVE: MEET BRISK

CURRENT OBJECTIVE: MEET BRISK
FINAL OBJECTIVE: FIND CASKET
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

Clarice waves at the other TCPs cheerfully. "Hi everyone! I'm guessing our host is in that cabin. It certainly seems like the most conspicuous place for them to be. Should we head in that direction?"
no longer active
Mince signs a greeting, casing inscrutable. ‘Should we knock?’
"Sounds good to me."

Clarice goes NORTH to the cottage door and knocks loudly.
no longer active
A few seconds later, a white and blue lizard type wearing elaborate robes opens the door. "You must be the ones who responded to my request. My name is Brisk. And you all are?"

[ADOPTS]

‘Mince.’  They pull their backpack more snugly against them, and turn to the collision-type.’Is it just us?’
The flytrap-type seems a bit uncomfortable with the strange TCPs around him, but follows them up to the door. "Yes. I'm Flicker." He tugs on his neck leaves gently.
~Calyx
"There should be four of you, as far as I'm aware. Nice to meet you, Mince. Flicker." Brisk nods at Mince and Flicker respectively.

[ADOPTS]

“And I’m Clarice! I’m looking forward to working with you all.”
no longer active
A bear trap type sprints towards the group. “Aaaaaah am I late? So sorry! I had a little bit of trouble figuring out the mind... dimension... device... thing.” Indie skids to a halt to stand between Mince and Clarice. “My name’s Indie! Nice to meet you everyone.”
[Image: tumblr_pf5w4d8u371tckf0go1_250.gifv] [Image: tumblr_pf5w4d8u371tckf0go2_250.gifv]
‘Nice to meet you,’ Mince echoes. They seem a bit reserved. ’We all just met, no worries.’
"That's everyone, then."

OBJECTIVE COMPLETED: MEET BRISK
NEW OBJECTIVE: FIND YOUR WAY

"So..." Brisk seems like he isn't used to addressing many people at once, but he's handling it okay.
"A few things. First, thank you all for coming. I really appreciate it."

"Second, I'm going to warn everyone right now I haven't done much exploring here. As far as I'm aware, it's just forest all around, but from what I've heard of people using these devices, that could change at any time. I also have no idea what direction Casket would be in."

"Third, I've noticed that fires seem to behave differently here. I myself have a particular fondness for them- I find it soothing to relax by a fire on a cold night. Here, though, they seem to actually heal those close to them. I've brought a backpack with some firewood and a flint and tinder, so that we can stop and regroup should anyone get hurt."

"Does anyone have any questions before we leave?"

[ADOPTS]

Flicker merely shakes his wide head.
~Calyx
Clarice nods enthusiastically. “Sounds pretty good to me! Wonder if there’s a way to take some of this healing fire out of here... Might turn into regular fire then though so it’s probably better not to. Though that would be a good experiment in and of itself...” she trails off, suddenly looking a tad self conscious. “We’ve got a mission to do though! I’ll just... postpone any sample collection, for now.”
no longer active
"Then let's get going." Brisk's usual deadpan voice is broken up with a slight bit of enthusiasm here.

NOW ENTERING: THE FOREST

"Okay, so... I actually don't know where we're supposed to be going here. There might be some kind of clue we could find to point us in the right direction. Why doesn't everyone take a look around and see what we can find?"

The forest is lush, but oddly cold and devoid of fauna. There are vines hanging from the trees, fruit bushes, and odd-looking plants with large leaves. You may examine any or all of these things.

CURRENT OBJECTIVE: FIND YOUR WAY

[ADOPTS]

You are now entering the PUZZLE ZONE. Each area will have a puzzle in it that must be completed to progress. Brisk does not know the solutions, but he may have some helpful insights should you need them. You may ask for a hint out-of-character at any time. Feel free to RP as much as you like, and have fun!

[ADOPTS]

Clarice stoops down to example the odd plants and fruit bushes. She picks a fruit from one of the bushes, stowing it in one of her sample jars.
no longer active
The fruit is small, orange, and smells slightly of cinnamon.

[ADOPTS]

Mince tugs on one of the vines, hopping up onto it and craning their head back to look up into the canopy.
Indie crouches among the odd plants, poking at their leaves. (EXAMINE: Odd plants, leaves.)
@seppawku

The vines are sturdy enough to hold Mince's weight, albeit a bit slippery. The canopy seems to be a few feet off the ground. 

@allhallowed

The plants sort of resemble tiny pine trees, only with layers of wide leaves instead of the typical pine needle. The leaves fold inwards when touched, and slowly fold back out again if left alone.

The leaves on one side of the plant are cut and torn in places.

[ADOPTS]

Flicker turns to Brisk. "What type is Casket? What sort of person is she? What sorts of things does she like? I think these things will affect our surroundings the closer we get to her. If that's the case, knowing about her will help us know when we're going in the right direction."
~Calyx
@aeshihowl

"She was a corpse type. She was... A little more outgoing than me, I think. She was the type to listen to what others' interests were and be just as enthusiastic as they were. It's a nice personality to have, but unfortunately it means her own interests were a bit overshadowed. I'm having a hard time remembering what they were..."

[ADOPTS]

Flicker nods, tapping his chin as he thinks. "Any idea what might have happened for her to stop responding?"
~Calyx
"That's kind of why we're here. I don't know why she would stop responding like that."

[ADOPTS]

Clarice stands up. “When did you last hear from her?”
no longer active
"About a month ago when I left the lab."

[ADOPTS]

"Hey guys, I think I found somewhere where the brush is disturbed! Or... attacked... Honestly, I'm not really sure what's going on but maybe if you all come and look you'll figure out something I haven't!"
Brisk turns and examines the bush Indie is looking at. "That's odd. The cuts on it are all rather small, and the damage seems to be contained to one particular side of the bush."

[ADOPTS]

"Are there cuts on any of the other nearby plants?"
no longer active
Brisk moves to examine another nearby plant. "...There are. The cuts look the same as the ones on the first plant. They're on the same side, too."

[ADOPTS]

"They seem pretty... intentional. Do you think she might've left a trail for you to follow?"
no longer active
Brisk is moving from plant to plant as he speaks.

"I don't think it's a trail. Generally a trail would lead in a straight line, which is hard to do if every plant is like this. Which is seeming more and more like the case. Even the trees have scrapes on the bark."

[ADOPTS]

'What could have cut up the plants and bark like that? Something sharp or big passing by?'
"These cuts seem really small. Very, very small. But what's weird to me is that no matter which plant I look at, the cuts are always facing the same direction."

[ADOPTS]

"That's what made me think it was deliberate but... What could possibly be someone's goal in doing this? And if not, what natural phenomenon would cause this? Unless... It's not either of those things. Like, like! This is your shared mind thing right? Maybe this has some mental significance to you or her?"
no longer active
Brisk thinks to himself for a moment. "Cut plants doesn't really mean anything to me, and as far as I know you're the first people I've had here. As for a natural phenomenon... Maybe? There's no telling what happens in this place."

Would you like to use a HINT?

CURRENT OBJECTIVE: FIND YOUR WAY

[ADOPTS]

"Should we uh, go in the direction the cuts face? Maybe it's just as simple as that. We don't have to speculate why as long as we have a direction to go in, right guys?"

(not yet! i want to try a little longer if that's okay with everyone else :-O)
"Yeah. Maybe we are overthinking this a bit. It looks like the cuts point... That way. Shall we?"

[ADOPTS]

'Let's be careful following it.'  Mince prods gently at the plants, casting a careful look over the ground nearby and the scrapes along the trees.

(i'd like to wait on the hint too!)
"Let's do it!"
"Onwards, then."

After a few minutes of walking, you begin to have doubts about your idea... But after a while the forest begins to clear, and you come across a sort of desert. The sand is glistening white, and almost resembles snow... But it's totally dry and feels like soft sand. There is a small breeze that picks up the sand and blows it directly in your face. It's annoying, but not debilitating.

OBJECTIVE COMPLETED: FIND YOUR WAY
NEW OBJECTIVE: TRAVERSE THE DESERT

CURRENT OBJECTIVE: TRAVERSE THE DESERT

[ADOPTS]

Mince looks carefully at the dunes as they walk, searching for any more signs of a trail - there might not be plants, but maybe something in the shifting sand?
Flicker trudges quietly through the sand, seeming irritated by it. "How does anyone live in a place like this? It's getting in my hairs..." He kicks some of the sand grumpily and looks around and up at the sky.
~Calyx
@seppawku

There appears to be no further indication of a trail.

@aeshihowl

"If it helps at all, I had no idea this place even existed until we got here. I don't think this is where Casket would want to stay."

The wind is picking up, and all of you are starting to get buffeted by the sand. It's beginning to get seriously uncomfortable.

CURRENT OBJECTIVE: TRAVERSE THE DESERT

[ADOPTS]