Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a magic mess
[DARPPER_SCRAPPER]: So uh, this is the board for magic stuff, right? 

Well, I think I might have made a slight mistake.

And I'm not sure how to fix it.

Anyone experienced with magic, especially the finer details of voided contracts, would be greatly appreciated.
[SCRAP_GAZER]:

i may be of assistance. i don't have a lot of experience with contracts- i prefer to stay away from that aspect of the craft- but i can see what i can do.
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[FICKLE_FANICER]:

This TCP, referring to one's self, is quite experienced in the finer details of contracts, by merit of their work with both mundane and magical agreements.

But you, the reader, but inform them of the details of this voided contract.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[DARPPER_SCRAPPER]: Oh wow, that was quick. Thank you. Also I should probably make it clear that this wasn't a like bid for power make a deal with something from another world type thing. One time was enough for me for that kind of thing, and honestly those are less complicated than this situation. 

So I have a friend who is a horror type. We get along pretty well. And they wanted to learn more about horrors and stuff. They said it was a sort of self exploration thing.

So we looked up some local maps for caving and stuff, you know, exploration type things. And tried to map out where we might have been able to find a horror vent, so we go on a trip together to the cave, and look at that we're able to find a vent. 

Long story short I got roped into making a deal with... something down there? I think it wanted scraps... to... eat??? I'm honestly not sure. The other side was to help my friend learn more about horrors. 

Point is, there was a cave in in the area last week and I can't get back to the location. And I'm worried that this deal with whatever it was going unfulfilled might have consequences down the line on my other paranormal ventures which I would really really not like. So yeah... that's where I'm at. 

I believe this would count as a voided contract since contact is no longer possible to either deliver scraps or receive information, but I don't know for sure.
[FICKLE_FANCIER]:

We're you gifted any sort of manifestation of the contracts terms? Something representative of the bond?
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[SCRAP_GAZER]:

seconding asking about any sort of tangible good.
[DARPPER_SCRAPPER]: See well if I had been smart about this the answer would have been yes.

so. uh. no.
[SCRAP_GAZER]:

any kind of ritual involved, or was it just spoken?
[FICKLE_FANCIER]:

Have you checked your body for any marks or tattoos? Some verbal agreements manifest on the physical body.
[DARPPER_SCRAPPER]: 

Re: rituals
I'm pretty sure whatever was talking to us invoked some kind of ritual on its end? there were a lot of signs of a ritual on our end. But we didn't invoke one

Re: Marks/tattoos 
I haven't actually done that, thank you for the suggestion, I'll grab a mirror and get back to you soon.
[FICKLE_FANCIER]: 

This TCP shall await your response and shall consult their books in the meantime.
[DARPPER_SCRAPPER]: So, no luck on body markings. However, I was able to find the clothing I was wearing that day and there is some sort of design on the palms of the gloves I had on that definitely weren't there before.

Not sure how I didn't notice that.
[FICKLE_FANCIER]:

They ask if you may take a snapshot of the design or attempt to approximate it in illustration. The shape and form may be important to figuring out how to break the bond.