Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
-= OUBLIETTE =-
Ready
Give Me Your Coins

Chatty Cats
Reply
ready!
Reply
Generating . . .


Generation complete.

Establishing SEAM . . .


SEAM established.

Interface accessible
Please remain calm while interfacing is in progress.



Interfacing .  .      . 
Reply
.   .  .


.  . .


. . .


. . .


Interfacing complete.
Setting:Automatic.

. . .

. . .

You are laying on your back, on what feels like cold concrete.

Your eyes are closed.
Reply
look around
Reply
Open your eyes and check your surroundingss
Give Me Your Coins

Chatty Cats
Reply
Opening your eyes, you can see that you are laying in the corner on the floor of a square, concrete room.

The rest of the room's floor is covered with thin, green carpet, but a rectangular chunk has been removed exactly where you are currently laying.

The room itself is strangely lit in a clear, white light, though there is no visible light source present. The light is oddly comforting.

There is a simple square plastic table in the corner to your left with a simple black rolling desk chair in front of it.

On the wall between you and the table is a large, plain mirror, which seems to have been grafted onto the wall itself. It is large enough to display your entire body at one time.

In the corner opposite you is a small glass box - about two-feet wide - with no openings. It contains what appears to be a void of black with blue 'smoke' and small white dots; the smoke and dots are moving about slowly and aimlessly. On its side, written in white chalk, reads: "0/6"

There is a very large gray chest made of reinforced plastic against the wall in the corner to your right; large enough that you could most likely fit inside were you to climb in.

On the ceiling above, there are many square outlines drawn in white chalk, one directly in the center, with many others spanning out from it.



You now have access to commands.

These include Interface Commands, such as:
[STATUS] - Used to check your current health and any potential conditions.
[SELF] - Used to check your ratings, your abilities, and other information about yourself.
[TETHER] - Used to bind weapons, tools and items to yourself, placing them in your "inventory" at the Oubliette. Tethering is limited to your item space.
[RECALL] - Used to pull forth items from your inventory into your hand in order to use them.
[INVENTORY] - Used to check which tethered items are currently in your "inventory".
[LEXICON] - Used to define unknown terms. Current lexicon is incomplete, but may be automatically updated as new information is gathered.

And potentially more, as well as:
-Any ABILITIES you may possess.
-Anything situational that is applicable, such as "Flip light switch" or "Move table". These are considered General Commands, and so are not listed.



You may now choose a name.
You may now examine yourself.
Reply
examine self in mirror, i'd rather not choose a name til we know how we look? what's our status?
Reply
once we've examined self, name self Tid
Reply
You lift yourself off the floor, immediately feeling a wave of dizziness overtake you. You brace yourself on the wall so as not to topple over.


After a few moments, you feel stable enough to walk again, and step over in front of the mirror.

Staring back at you is a visage similar to that a snake, but standing on two legs. 
Your eyes are flat, pure white, and sunken, appearing somewhat vacant.
Your scales are teal in hue, save for those along your chest and stomach, which are a dull white.
At the ends of your arms are four-fingered "paws" with white claws at the tips, your feet looking similar.

You notice there are white markings - presumably tattoos - on both of your hands.
On the back of your left hand, there appears to be a tattoo of a single fishhook.
On the back of your right hand, there is a tattoo of a flower with thorns radiating out from it to the rest of your paw, weaving over your claws as well.

Turning to the side slightly, you can see your tail behind you; short and thick, similar to that of a gecko.

You are also naked.
Realizing this, you suddenly feel the need to clothe yourself.



You hear an odd shuffling behind you, and turn to see that a large, simple wooden wardrobe has appeared on the wall at your back.

Information on MARKS has been updated. You may view this information by using the SELF command.
Reply
Use [SELF] command.
NAME: Metus
Also, open the wardrobe. It's time to get dressed up.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
metus cute name.. can we have a bodysuit, i want a bodysuit! <SELF>
Reply
>STATUS

HEALTH: Fine
CONDITIONS: Currently feeling disoriented and a bit dizzy. Otherwise, entirely healthy.


>SELF
[INFO]
NAME:  ???
CATEGORY:  Remnant
SUBSPECIES:  Haunt
COLOR(SIMPLE):  Teal
COLOR(DETAIL):  #2C6660

[RATINGS]
COM: -1
SEN: +1
FNC:  0
MET:  0*
PRS: +1

[ABILITIES]
HAUNT: Creation
HAUNT: Phase

[ETC]
OUTSET: SKEIN
TOOLS: 
???
???
???
BOONS:
???
MARKS:
Sentinel
Noxa



You step over to the wardrobe and pull on one of its handles.
It doesn't budge.
When you blink, a paper note appears taped on the wardrobe itself.

It reads:
"Oubliette Complimentary Wardrobe:
Imagine a simple outfit you'd like to wear before opening, and it will appear inside.
Use is limited."



NOTIFICATION: The LEXICON command can be used to define terms you don't know; as long as it is in the LEXICON, which is currently incomplete.
Reply
Oh man that's a lot of stuff...

[LEXICON] Ratings, Haunt (creation), Haunt (phase), Marks, Sentinel, Nova

Outfit: Brown trenchcoat on top of what other people suggest
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
I second knux
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~
 
[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
Reply
lexicon remnant as well, maintain cool sci-fi bodysuit
Reply
>LEXICON

Ratings - Ratings are a rough determination of a select set of skills inherent in surviving in the world. They are as follows: Composure, Sense, Fluency, Mettle, Presence. The following ratings are determined for each: Inept, Unversed, Average, Versed, Adept. Certain ratings can also be affected in ways that can't be entirely described shown with a single, simple value, in which case an asterisk is marked beside the rating to signify this.
Creation - Creation is an ability inherent to most, though what can be created varies wildly between species, subspecies, and individuals.
HAUNT: Creation - Haunts' inherent creation ability centers around making floating orbs of dim light, which can be sent slowly in different directions, even through walls. Can be used in a variety of situations, such as to allow visibility (albeit limited) in the dark or as a distraction.
HAUNT: Phase - An ability specific to haunts. Become intangible for very brief periods of time, allowing the haunt to move through objects, escape danger, or any number of other uses. Performing this ability is physically exhausting, and can potentially cause a loss in consciousness if overused or used when not in peak condition.
Mark - A physical mark permanently imprinted on the body which causes certain effects. Can give positive and negative effects, but is generally entirely negative.
Sentinel - Appears as a fishhook on the left hand. Effects unknown.
Noxa - Appears as a thorned flower on the right hand. Effects unknown.
Remnant - A species category, consisting of Shades, Haunts, and Osteoics. Often thought to have been left behind after the death of another body under specific circumstances. Whether this is true or simply a fable is unknown. These species are reminiscent of traditional myths of undead, though they are doubtlessly alive.


You think of a "brown trenchcoat", and a "sci-fi bodysuit".
You may open the wardrobe at any time.
Reply
open the wardrope  and put on both!

also lexicon for "Haunt" itself as well as "Shades" and "Osteoics"
check inventory

oh also think of a flowercrown and put that on!
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~
 
[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
Reply
Lexicon "Public reactions and relations to Remnants"
Also, let's add some tinted safety glasses to our outfit, always handy to have.
Reply
>LEXICON

Haunt - A subspecies of remnant. A spectral entity similar to a ghost, but is usually tangible. Has a full body with limbs and a tail, rather than being wisp-like or without legs. Their eyes are pure white and sunken, with no discernible differentiation between sclera, iris, or pupil. Commonly look serpentine.
Shade - A subspecies of remnant. A shadowy mass devoid of light save for its facial features and other details. May grow or shrink somewhat depending on the amount of light in its environment. Often very slightly resemble mammalian species in bodyshape.
Osteoic - A subspecies of remnant. Skeletal beings with flame-like eyes. Most commonly are dinosaur-like, but can resemble just about any species. Body structure can topple if heavily impacted, but will reform automatically after enough time has passed. Oddly, they often have species-specific feature stand-ins that aren't usually made of bone, such as ears.
"Public reactions and relations to Remnants" not recognized as a definable term or phrase.



You think of a "flower crown" and "tinted safety glasses" as well.
The combination of the four dissonant ideas of clothing makes it difficult, but you manage to keep your focus long enough to open the wardrobe.

Inside, sure enough, there is a long brown trenchcoat on a hanger next to a full bodysuit, with a crown consisting of white flowers and some safety glasses on a shelf at the top.
You put each of them on, starting with the bodysuit.

Surprisingly, it is made entirely of a thin, stretchy fabric, even though it looks to be made of some sort of futuristic material akin to spun polyethylene. It is mostly black, but with white, blocky details around the torso and shoulders, with teal lines running down the limbs. It covers everything but your head, neck, hands and feet.

The trenchcoat is almost a bit big on you, but it seems to fit, although it is heavy.
You slip on the pink-tinted safety glasses, turning the room and everything in it pink through your vision.
You place the crown atop your head gently, completing the look for now, then step back in front of the mirror to view yourself.


You feel very silly.

Adding to that feeling, you realize you currently have nothing covering your waist other than the thin bodysuit, which doesn't quite feel like enough.
You also do not have any sort of shoes.
Reply
Think of... Some dark colored shorts and sturdy boots and also put those one??
Anyone feel free to change the outfit if you want

Oh, also I'd be fine with naming us Metus!
Reply
Our name? Kitty Pryde.
Our outfit? Steel-toed boots (for safety), 12 belts (one for our neck, three for each arm, and four for our tail. NONE for our waist) And our pants? Gothic full plate armor.
Oh, and a t-shirt with a math pun on it. Preferably about imaginary numbers.
Obligatory Ghost Plug --> https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Threa...ake-ghosts
Check it out! Help make some ghosts!
Unless you're seeing this in a help rin make ghosts thread.
Then uh. Whoops.
Reply
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0767/0...1561558596

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Gxvu16PZLFU/hqdefault.jpg

Done
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
shorts r comfy and easy to wear!
Reply
long tan slacks, a white collared shirt, a dark red tie, suede shoes (sp?) and a cool fedora
lets be a ghost detective
Reply
Metus is a good name
Oh right we have signatures
Reply
You shut the closet again, and try to focus on all the different clothing options swirling around in your head.

It's difficult to maintain your concentration, but you do the best you can.
When you touch the handle of the wardrobe this time, the handles feel warm to the touch, a fact which concerns you somewhat.

As you open the closet, you find:
-A pair of brown, sturdy boots
-A white, collared shirt with long sleeves
-Black slacks with suspenders
-A dark red tie
-One and a half belts; one simply seemingly stripped in half down its middle
-The brim of a hat, presumably a fedora, by itself; the center of the hat simply missing
-An intact pants zipper, presumably all that spawned from the shorts

You remember the note mentioning "limited use", and decide not to attempt to spawn more new clothing.
...At least for a little while.

Now, with a various array of clothing, you attempt to make a coherent outfit out of everything.
You end up wearing:
-The intact black belt
-Black slacks w/ suspenders
-Sturdy brown boots
-White, long-sleeved shirt
-The brown trenchcoat
-The dark red tie (sort of)

You attempt to put on the tie, but realize you don't know how to properly tie one.
You settle for hanging it around your neck somewhat loosely for the moment. 
Perhaps you can tie it later, or maybe create one that wouldn't require tying.

Overall, you feel quite a bit like an old-fashioned detective, delighting in this. 
Shame about the hat, though.

You place the fabric sci-fi bodysuit in the closet for later, and decide to place the flower crown on the table in the corner.
Holding the safety glasses in your hand for the moment, you consider keeping them with you. After all, they could be useful later.
Speaking of that...

>INVENTORY
Your inventory is currently empty.

Perhaps you could attempt to TETHER the safety glasses, should you want to.


After careful consideration, you decide on the name "Metus" for yourself.
You believe it suits you.

You blink, and in front of you on the table, next to where you placed the flower crown, a large white present box with red ribbon has now appeared.

NAME has been updated.
Reply
Inspect the box before opening. Does it make any strange sounds? Is it heavy? Is there a note on it? Do not shake the box, you don't want to break it.
Give Me Your Coins

Chatty Cats
Reply
inspect *carefully*, yeah..
Reply
You carefully inspect the box.

It doesn't seem to make any strange sounds, though you find it to be a tad on the heavy side after trying to lift it.


Will you open it?
Reply
uh, sure
Reply
You lift off the top, finding several items inside.


At the very top of the box, you find a charred chain loop - lengthy enough to fit around your neck - with a pendant hanging on it. The pendant itself is black with an orange, scarred eye in the center.

Underneath that, you find what appears to be an ordinary, rectangular vanity mirror. Upon picking it up, it teleports out of your paws, reappearing moments later in the middle of the table, the mirror facing the chair.

To the side, there is what you can only guess is an olive green handheld device which looks a bit like a small megaphone. Attached with a three-foot cord is a pair of black, over-the-ear headphones. "D.A.R." is written in white on its handle.

At the very bottom, under everything else, you find a set of two yellow-and-black walkie talkies.


TOOLS has been updated.
BOONS has been updated.
This information is viewable by using the SELF command.
Reply
Examine the mirror from the direction it faces.
Reply
equip all?
Reply
[TETHER] the safety glasses and the contents of the box, then go look at the mirror.

Also [SELF] while we're at it.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
You sit down in front of the mirror and look inside.

It seems to be an average mirror, as far as you're able to tell.


>TETHER
Standing back up, you attempt to tether the safety glasses first.
Holding them in your hand, you focus for a moment, and they turn white and zap out of existence.
Hearing a noise in the corner, you turn to the odd box you found earlier.
Inside, amongst the smoke, you see the pink safety glasses pop in, beginning to swirl aimlessly.
The message on the side now reads: "1/6"

You tether the three objects in the box, and they appear inside as well, all four objects drifting about together.
The box now shows: "4/6"


>SELF
[INFO]
NAME:  Metus
CATEGORY:  Remnant
SUBSPECIES:  Haunt
COLOR(SIMPLE):  Teal
COLOR(DETAIL):  #2C6660

[RATINGS]
COM: -1
SEN: +1
FNC:  0
MET:  0*
PRS: +1

[ABILITIES]
HAUNT: Creation
HAUNT: Phase

[ETC]
OUTSET: SKEIN
TOOLS: 
Calamity Pendant
D.A.R.
Walkie Talkie Set
BOONS:
Pier Glass Vanity
MARKS:
Sentinel
Noxa



You hear a tiny pinging sound behind you as something small and metal drops to the floor, causing you to jump.
You swivel, and find a little silver key on the carpet.
It looks as if it might fit into a small padlock.
Reply
have we seen any locks? hmmm.. pick it up anyway
Reply
GET KEY

Also, let's [LEXICON] Calamity Pendant, D.A.R, and Pier Glass Vanity real quick.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
>LEXICON

Calamity Pendant - Charred chain loop with a pendant hanging on it. The pendant is black with an orange, scarred eye in the center. Meant to be worn as a necklace. Effect currently unknown.
D.A.R. - Stands for "Directional Audio Receiver". A handheld microphone with an attached pair of over-the-ear headphones. Can be pointed in any direction to hear audio from that source, even through walls. Has limited range.
Pier Glass Vanity - A small vanity mirror. Looking into it will revert any form corruption, should that be desired.



You pick up the key.
Above you, the chalk outline on the ceiling - the one directly in the center - becomes a trapdoor; black with yellow stripes.

It is locked with a small padlock.
Reply
open the trapdoor!!
Reply
Hm, seems like the box is a form of extradimensional storage... That'll probably come in handy.

USE KEY ON LOCK
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
You fit the key into the padlock, and it pops off, disappearing before it hits the floor.


With the lock off, you open it up.



You can't see anything through the trapdoor at all. 
It's pitch black; a void.

The ceiling is just low enough that you think you could climb through.
Reply
i.. guess we should climb through! nothing better to do, escape tutowial
Reply
We should double check there isn't anything we need in the room before continuing. Have we looked at the grey chest yet?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
You briefly check the grey chest.

Opening it, you find it to be empty, though it does seem to have a lot of storage space inside.

With everything else examined, you
hesitantly hoist your hands up and grab onto the edges of the trapdoor before climbing through.








Moments later, you open your eyes to find yourself laying on pavement, staring up at the night sky.
It's impenetrably cloudy, no other celestial bodies in sight.

Standing up, you check your surroundings.

You are standing on what appears to be a highway, suspended in the air. Every hundred feet or so, a tall streetlight illuminates its vicinity in a dim yellow.

Around you, you see more suspended roads just like the one you're on. Countless highways, in fact, twisting and weaving about over and under the one you're standing on, as well as each other; creating a tangled web of roads. They stretch out as far as you can see.

You carefully peek over a nearby concrete guard railing.
You can see a depth where the highways stop appearing, finding that below them is an endless chasm.



Luckily, as you search around fully, you realize that the road you're on leads up and out of the chasm, up to a large tunnel cut into a concrete wall that stretches indefinitely wide and tall, making up the 'wall' of the pit. 

Though the presumed exit is a bit of a walk away, you can see a tiny building casting an orange light. 
A long, yellow 'arm' extends out from it, which lets you instantly recognize it as a parking gate.


The highway you're on only goes in two directions:  one heading to the parking gate and toll booth, and one heading outwards, deep into the mass of highways.
Reply
walk along the edge to the parking gate in case s/t comes down the road..
Reply
walk into the mass of highways
Reply
Parking gate
Reply
Let's head to the parking gate. Are there any cars on the highway with us, or are we alone?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
Checking around, there are no vehicles of any kind on any of the highways. In fact, you can't find evidence of anyone else anywhere currently within your sight.


You are entirely alone.

You make your way towards the parking gate. It takes about ten minutes of walking with how far away you were, but you manage and soon reach it.
Past the parking gate arm is a pitch black tunnel you can't see the end of.

The tiny building - generally meant for someone to monitor and exchange for parking passes, though currently empty - is lit up with an orange light on its front. It has a single door on its front and two windows.
Reply


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
 

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)