Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
-= OUBLIETTE =-
open a window and climb through
Reply
go thru the door
Reply
go through door, exit, go through window
Reply
If the door is open go through, or get through a window. Break the window if you have to.
Give Me Your Coins

Chatty Cats
Reply
You find the door unlocked, so you open it.


Inside you find a simple control panel to operate the gate arm and a miniature television - currently broadcasting only static - on a desk-like protrusion from the wall by the window.

In front of desk, there is a rolling chair that has been left facing the door. There is a small amount of dried blood on the seat, as well a much larger amount of dry blood on the concrete floor just in front of the chair.

Next to the blood on the floor, there is a utility knife with an orange and black grip. Its extendable blade is also stained with dried blood.
Reply
a.. alarming..can we get a closer look at everything bloody
Reply
Take the utility knife- let's not tether it just yet, since we don't know how long it takes to retrieve tethered objects and we may need the knife in an emergency. Let's examine the blood and see if theres a pattern or shape to it that would indicate where the person went.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
You examine the blood.


Right away, you take into account that any living thing that lost this much blood would more than likely be dead, which makes the distinct lack of a body potentially concerning.

Inspecting the blood further, you find it has some odd properties. 
Its hue is a bit hard to pin down, as it almost seems to change as you look at it.
Additionally, you realize that you were only seeing the spots where it had previously pooled in significant amounts before, but there is more dried blood around in smaller quantities that is much more difficult to see:  It seems to have somewhat taken on the hue of its surroundings. 
The small amounts on the concrete are much more gray, while the drips on the chair turned black to match.

Following this, you are able to find a small trail of dried blood that leads out and away from the parking gate and into the nearby tunnel.

You check the utility knife, as well. You notice that the blood on its blade seems to be different from the rest you've found, and seems to be normal blood, as far as you are able to tell.

After examining it fully, you put the utility knife in the left pocket of your coat.
Reply
Hmm... A knife that has different blood on it than a larger pool, and evidence of a body being moved... Methinks there was a scuffle here, and the victim managed to get a hit in with the knife before the attacker did something and dragged the body away.

If the control panel is still operative, see if there are any other camera feeds to look at. If not, continue down the tunnel with one hand in the pocket holding the knife, hidden but at the ready.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
two bodies..? we should follow the trail
Reply
The control panel is nothing more than a few simple buttons for controlling the gate arm, with no cameras in sight. The little television doesn't appear to be associated with it.


You follow the blood trail down the tunnel, keeping one claw gripped on your knife. It's still difficult to see the blood, and you have to stop a few times when you lose sight of it - it just blends in too well - but you manage to follow the trail to its end.

At the very end of the tunnel, there is a wide, heavy-looking wooden door with a handle rather than a doorknob.
Just a few feet past the door, on the right side, there are a few spatters of the strange blood on the concrete, which is where the trail ends.

The dimly lit tunnel is empty save for you, the blood, and the door.
Reply
Before we go in, we should put our ear to the door and listen for movement inside. Also if the door has a gap at the bottom or a keyhole/peephole to look through, that would help as well.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
hahahaha oh godddd. can we hear anything at all?? is there Anything else we can see
Reply
The door is entirely solid, and doesn't seem to have a keyhole or anything else to look through. There is an almost imperceptible gap at the bottom, but you can't see anything but black through it while standing up.

You lay down on the concrete and tilt your head so one eye can see very slightly through the underside of the door. The room on the other side appears to be almost entirely dark, though there is the faintest of red lights coming from somewhere inside. With that, you can see what looks to be the foot of a desk, but nothing else.

You turn your head more to listen under the door. All you can hear is a very distant sound of something similar to white noise. You take a breath and focus, listening as intently as possible. You think the sound may be rain, but it's extremely difficult to tell.

With that, you stand back up.
Reply
Turn the handle slowly and quietly, and once it's turned all the way...

Slam the door open as quickly as possible in order to take whatever's in there by surprise.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
as good an idea as any!
Reply
You carefully push the handle down as slow as you possibly can, then swing the door open with all your might. It's quite heavy, so it's not as fast as you imagined it would be in your head, but still quick enough to take anything inside by surprise.


However, all you can see in front of you is dark. 
There is nothing to take by surprise, at least as far as you're able to tell.

The dim light from the tunnel should move in through the open door to illuminate it somewhat, but, peculiarly, it does not pass at all beyond the doorframe. If anything, it's making it somewhat harder to see, since your eyes are not adjusted to the darkness ahead of you.



Carefully, you take a step through, quietly shutting the door behind you.

It's almost pitch dark, save for a dim red light coming through a slim, rectangular window on a door in the far corner of the room you're now in.

With that light shining through, you can at the very least tell that this is a classroom for children, as several of the small desks presumably filling up most of the room are illuminated in the red light.

You can hear the sound of heavy rainfall faintly coming from a closed window to the right of you, along the same wall as the door you came in, though you can't really see it from your current position.
Reply
Oh that's not creepy at all.

Are these the kind of classroom desks that open up or have the little cubbie holes underneath? If so, check the desks for anything of interest.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
Stumbling about in the dark, you carefully attempt to check every desk in the room.

In the process of reaching out, fumbling for a desk, searching it, then repeating until all have been searched, you only manage to find a single yellow pencil, a tiny flip notepad, and an eraser.

Reaching blindly into the desks also proved unfortunate after getting a used piece of gum stuck on one of your claws for a moment, but you managed to get it off


The good news, however, is that doing all that searching in the dark gave your eyes a bit of time to adjust to the dark, so you can see the classroom a bit better now.

There is a big cabinet in the corner by the window which is locked with a padlock. Looking out the window itself, you can just barely make out the dark blue light of the early dawn sky shining through the dark storm clouds, but that's about all you can see.

The desk leg you saw from under the door is actually the teacher's desk, which is just to the side of the door you came in.
It doesn't seem to have any drawers on it, just a very old computer setup, though it doesn't look to be supplied with power.


You can still see the dim red light outside the other door, though it seems a little brighter now since your eyes have adjusted.
Reply
use the pencil and note pad to note down what you have discovered and what you know
also draw a map
this will be useful to keep track of things
also, a bit late to be asking, but do you remember anything at all before waking up in that room?
Reply
Your eyes may have adjusted to the dark enough to see fairly well in the low light, but you definitely can't write anything in the pitch black of the room.



Your body is merely a vessel for yourself, and contains no memories that you don't already have.
Reply
that's INCREDIBLY ominous, thank you!! lets rustle the padlock, how sturdy is it?
Reply
Check the cabinets budgability
Reply
The padlock is solid, and would most likely need to be unlocked rather than broken open. 
The cabinet itself is similarly sturdy; you wouldn't be able to do anything to get into it with your current equipment and capabilities, or until you found a key.

Thunder booms out the window, causing you to jump, the storm still raging on outside.
The dim red light still shines through the window on the door.
Reply
Seems there's nothing else to do here until we find a key...

Examine the OMINOUS RED LIGHT.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
ah yes, time to die (go into the light)
Reply
You carefully step out the door into a hallway, and shut it quietly behind you.


The red light is coming from an exit sign above a pair of double-doors currently to your right down the hall; rows of lockers on either side of the hallway. 

To the right of the exit is another door like the one you stepped through, presumably another classroom. 
To the left of the double-doors is another hallway, though all you can see down that hallway from your position is more lockers and another faint red light far down the hall; most likely from another exit sign.

To your left there is another hallway within a few feet from where you're standing, though this one seems much longer and a bit wider than the other two.
Just across that hallway, you can see two doors:  one is in a slight alcove and is labeled as "LIBRARY", one is a door not unlike the one you came out of, though it has cut-out paper covering the window from the inside, and is labeled "MUSIC ROOM".

The large hallway stretches in two directions:
Left, which can't be seen very well other than the library from your current position.
And, right, which you can see much farther down. The door labeled "MUSIC ROOM" is close by, after which it intersects with another perpendicular hallway, then continues further than what you're able to see.


All of what you can see from the school is dark, as the lights seem to be out everywhere other than emergency lighting, such as the exit signs.



All in all, there are many potential choices to explore:
-Towards the doors under the red exit sign
-Into the hallway to the left of the exit; 'northeast' of your current position
-To the door to the right of the exit; 'southeast' of your position, most likely another classroom
-To the "LIBRARY", 'west' of your position
-Down the hall to the left of the library; 'southwest' of your position, which you can't see much of
-To the "MUSIC ROOM", 'northwest' of you
-Down the hall to the right of the music room, 'northwest' of you, which eventually connects to another hallway
Reply
The library doesn't seem very helpful given the amount of light we have right now, and randomly going down hallways doesn't seem like the best move, either... How about the MUSIC ROOM?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
be really careful going down the halls.. make sure to check corners before you turn, and maybe take out the knife?
Reply
You brandish your utility knife as you carefully begin to walk down the hall. Its tiny blade - more useful for opening boxes rather than defense - doesn't make you very confident, but you figure it's better than nothing.


You peek left around the corner as you approach it. Past the library, the hallway extends down to another exit, notated by another red exit sign.
However, just beyond the library, a metal gate has been pulled down from the ceiling, making the entire hallway, as well as an additional hallway to the right past the gate, inaccessible.
There is a small panel on the right side of the gate, next to the library door alcove.

You then cross the hall you're in and peek out on the right side this time.
The hallway extends far past what you could see earlier, all the way to another exit to the 'north', well past the perpendicular hallway. With an exit to the north and south, you can reasonably surmise that this long hallway spans the entire length of the school.
There is a door to the left of this exit, and what looks to be an opening - potentially a very small hallway - to the right of it.
Before that, though, the carpet of the floor cuts away to tile on the right side of the hall, just after the perpendicular hallway. On the tile is a water fountain and an opening that you can reasonably guess leads to a bathroom.

After surveying what you can see, you step out into the hallway, quietly crossing towards the music room.
As you do, you hear the quiet, but unmistakable sound of a door shutting to the north of you

You swivel on your feet to instinctively face that direction, your boot sliding against the carpet to make a slight, but noticeable sound. You grit your teeth - noiselessly cursing to yourself - and freeze, watching in the direction you heard the sound from, knife at the ready.

It doesn't appear that the sound came from either of the two doors you can see in that direction; the exit on the door to the left of it. It may have come from the bathroom, or the opening to the right of the exit, but you have no idea.

You stand perfectly still, watching and listening with the utmost focus.


You can hear your blood pumping in your ears as your heart races.





...But, after waiting a few seconds, you still don't see anything down the hall.

You are still standing in place in the middle of the hall. 
You could potentially attempt to quietly head into the music room, try to hide in the alcove at the library door, or duck back into the hallway you'd come from previously.
Or you could simply throw caution to the wind, and investigate the sound.

Any option within your capabilities is currently available to you, even ones not listed.
Reply
I say quietly enter the music room. This tiny box cutter knife is great and all, but have you ever been hit in the head by a tuba?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
You cross the hall, still watching where the sound came from.

Your eyes widen a little as you hear something, but you quickly reach the door and attempt to open it.

The handle doesn't budge. The music room is locked.



The sound you heard just a moment ago was so quiet, it takes you a bit to process.
If you weren't mistaken, it sounded as if there were incredibly faint footsteps on carpet north of you, but they seemed to stop instantly when you stopped walking.


You still don't see anything down the hall.
Reply
well they know youre here. might as well yell at them.
Reply
Can't we phase through things? Might want to keep that in mind for an escape route.
Reply
i wanna know what this thing is first. lets hide in the alcove and be really really quiet so we can see it before we try to leave.
Reply
Still watching to the north, you back up and hide in the alcove by the library door, noting that the footsteps continue - a little louder this time - alongside your own.


You still don't see anything down the hall.



Remember that you can use the SELF and INVENTORY commands to check what tools, abilities, etc. you have at your disposal. You can also use the RECALL command to pull forth any items from your 'inventory,' and you can use the LEXICON command to potentially define terms you don't know.
Reply
>self
>inventory
Reply
>SELF

[INFO]
NAME:  Metus
CATEGORY:  Remnant
SUBSPECIES:  Haunt
COLOR(SIMPLE):  Teal
COLOR(DETAIL):  #2C6660

[RATINGS]
COM: UNVERSED (-1 )
SEN: VERSED   (+1 )
FNC: AVERAGE  ( 0 )
MET: AVERAGE*0*)
PRS: VERSED   (+1 )

[ABILITIES]
HAUNT: Creation
HAUNT: Phase

[ETC]
OUTSET: SKEIN
TOOLS: 
Calamity Pendant
D.A.R.
Walkie Talkie Set
BOONS:
Pier Glass Vanity
MARKS:
Sentinel
Noxa



>INVENTORY
SPACE USED: 4/6
ITEMS:
Safety Glasses
Calamity Pendant
D.A.R.
Walkie Talkie Set
Reply
lexicon creation, phase, com sen fnc met prs. also, wait a bit. see if the creature or whatever gets a bit closer.
Reply
>LEXICON


Creation - Creation is an ability inherent to most, though what can be created varies wildly between species, subspecies, and individuals.
HAUNT: Creation - Haunts' inherent creation ability centers around making floating orbs of dim light, which can be sent slowly in different directions, even through walls. Can be used in a variety of situations, such as to allow visibility (albeit limited) in the dark or as a distraction.
HAUNT: Phase - An ability specific to haunts. Become intangible for very brief periods of time, allowing the haunt to move through objects, escape danger, or any number of other uses. Performing this ability is physically exhausting, and can potentially cause a loss in consciousness if overused or used when not in peak condition.
COM - Composure; a Rating based around your ability to remain calm under pressure and act accordingly.
SEN - Sense; a Rating based on your skill at sensing small details in the world around you.
FNC - Fluency; a Rating that indicates how well you are able to convincingly present your ideas to others.
MET - Mettle; a Rating based on your hardiness and physical ability.
PRS - Presence; a Rating based around how well you are able to conceal yourself, especially when concerning evading detection.



You watch and wait, still in the alcove.

You think you hear a very faint noise, but you can't make out what it is at all.
You squint while looking down the hall, but still see nothing.
Reply
create a orb behind the locked door, float it thru the door and down the hallway
try not to be scared
Reply
You attempt to use your Creation ability, but something grabs your shoulders and slams your head into the wall - resulting in a loud crash - and you fall to the floor.


You feel the utility knife slip from your hand, but it doesn't hit the floor, instead seeming to just disappear into thin air.

Somewhere to the east, you hear a snarling growl followed by heavy, swift footfalls, now rapidly growing louder.



You are on your back on the carpet, next to the library door, and you cannot see anything near you, including whatever knocked you over.
You no longer have the utility knife.

STATUS updated.
Reply
Phase through the floor.
Reply
get up, throw open library door, slam the door and lock it and run. if the door is locked, kick it down. flip off the ghost as you do
phasing through the floor won't work if there's no basement, and we don't have time to test it
Reply
Phase through the library door. There's no time to check if it's unlocked or not, and it's the only place we know for sure has empty space behind it.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
You scramble to your feet just enough to spring towards the door, using your Phase ability to pass right through it as you do.

The sensation is entirely foreign to you, as all feeling leaves your body for just a matter of moments, the next thing you feel being the carpet as you land on all fours on the other side of the door.

The second you become tangible again, a wave of fatigue overtakes you. You begin to pant heavily, finding it difficult to get back up.
You are now in the library, having just phased through the eastern entrance. 
There are bookshelves lining the walls to the north and west, and two big windows in that corner above the bookshelves. You can briefly see the stormclouds and rain outside.
There are also rolling metal shelves with a handful of books each on them scattered about in the room, one currently within arms reach.
There is another entrance leading into the hallway past the gate you saw earlier to the southwest, and a door to a small room close by, just a few feet south from you.

You don't have more time to further survey your surroundings: 
Behind you, the door opens and you turn around, still on the floor. 
Just before the door closes, you can a shape through it. 
It is large, but low to the ground, moving in the darkness, barreling towards the door.

As the door shuts, there is a boom as whatever you saw in the hallway smacks into the door. 
Banging, scratching and snarling is heard as something angrily claws at the entrance, intent on getting inside.


STATUS updated.
Reply
Grab the shelf and roll it in front of the door FIRST, then check status after.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
climb onto the top of one of the bookshelves and lay flat and still, try to avoid being seen. hopefully it will lose interest and leave but if not at least the time it takes looking for us may give us time to recover from phasing.
Reply
say hello to the ghost
Reply
If we can make out the bastard that threw our head into a wall, open door quickly from the side, and low down so the Beast cant see us open it. While we are opening the door, send the light orb towards the Bastard to highlight them for the Beast.
Reply


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
 

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)