Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative

this thread is a part of the TCPdex RP (proper name pending), and can only be entered once you've gotten your player character from here. anyone can go grab a player character, but you gotta have that starting TCP to get in on this. thank you!

Thank you for your participation in our brand new TCP Research Initiative! As former residents and specimens of the TCP Research Facility of Hoopla, we know we can trust you to get results. Your job as researchers will be to document findings based on topics sent out by researchers, typically ourselves. With TCPs from the Housing Initiative going to places all across the globe, we believe that your input, even when alongside your typical day to day schedule, will yield huge results. 

As promised in our initial letter, you will be awarded a base amount of [REDACTED] cash for each report given, variable credit towards goods and services sold/processed by the Facility based on the quality of your reports, and occasional bonus opportunities. Your report can be brief, even a bullet point list will do- though reports detailing more substantial, documented evidence towards our research goals will be awarded more credits. You are welcome to include images, drawings, photographs, physical goods, anything that helps you to create your report. As long as you get us results, we're willing to be flexible on what the medium of those results can be. 

We will occasionally post a new research topic, though older ones can always be revisited. If we are able to use your reports to further our own research finding, we will post an update and award bonus credits. Good luck!

CURRENT RESEARCH TOPICS

TCP Spawn Points [SP]
Horror [ HR ]
[SPECIAL] Darkest Night [DN]
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

RESEARCH TOPIC: SPAWN POINTS

SP-1-1: Where are the local spawn points?

TCPs like yourselves spawn via the collective thoughts of people here on Morbit. If someone thinks of a TCP type, a TCP of that type will spawn somewhere on the planet. However, our research reveals that the locations TCPs spawn in are not fully randomized: TCPs come from specific spawn points, spread all across the world. 

Spawn points appear to be limited in that they need to be in areas with enough space to spawn the TCP types that come through, but aside from that, can be in any location, including underground and underwater. Spawn points appear to be initially compatible with a type (a fire type will not spawn underwater, etc), but do not ensure initial survival (a fire type could still spawn by water, or in a rainy area). Many TCPs die early on in their lives due to insufficient resources or safety in their spawn area. 

New spawn points can materialize, old ones can fade, and they're notoriously hard to track. We do not know why spawn points come and go, or what triggers their creation/deletion in the wild, but we have been able to create our own spawn points within the lab. You yourself came from one of our manipulated spawn points, allowing you to spawn in safety, and with resources at the ready. The more we understand these points, the more we can develop tech to help newly spawned TCPs. 

Your task is to locate the spawn points in your area, wherever that may be. To find a spawn point, look for areas with higher TCP concentration, and ask those around you where they first spawned. Spawn points can be anything from a single location to a wide area, can sometimes focus on a specific kind of TCP (though not always limited to category), and have different levels of activity. Please record any details you can find about your local points, along with their locations. We may send researchers out to analyze spawn points of particular interest, so do your best!
Hello, Clarice here! I have been very busy with my newfound position at the Children’s Science Museum, so unfortunately I only have a sample size of three. However, I still feel you will be pleased with the results. Smile

Interviewee one was a spice type who had received a free ticket as part of a deal with a local resource for newly spawned TCPs. He was quite eager to learn! On my break I was able to approach him and ask a few questions. As luck would have it, he actually knew of several TCPs who shared a common spawn point as they were all brought in as a group together. The approximate coordinates of all spawn points mentioned can be viewed in the attached document.

Interviewee two was a moth type whom I found bumping into my window late at night. It was attracted by my reading lamp. Anyway, as any good scientist does, I took advantage of the situation for research! Unfortunately, it was from out of town, and having flown quite a distance from its original spawning area, it had no idea how it might describe it to me in a way I might recognize. Still, for the sake of being thorough, I have included a guess at the coordinates by making use of an online map program. Take them with a grain of salt, though.

Interviewee three was a fly agaric and recovery hybrid type who was at the museum to give a talk on science’s application in the medical field (supposedly they work at a hospital.) While they could not recall precisely where either of their components spawned, they mentioned that the hospital they work at has had a high number of TCPs spawn in or near it. I theorize that this hospital may be located adjacent to a spawn point as well.
Hello, it's Timothy! Everything is going well at Silver Heights, even though I'm the only TCP there so far... I already found a job as a florist's assistant, with Mx. Wander helping by putting in a good word for me, and I meet a lot of new people every day!

It wasn't long after I got my objective that a wheel type came in with a cart attached her back, with TCP-sized packages for my boss. I stopped her before she left, and asked her about the spawn points around here.

She was a bit annoyed, but willing to answer my questions. She actually wasn't from Hearth, so she couldn't tell me about its spawn points, but she did ask me about a meadow, where her "wife" spawned. Are wife-types a thing?

I asked her if she remembered where the meadow was, and if she could take me there. She reluctantly agreed, and my boss said they'd still pay me for the missed time, so I went with the wheel type to the meadow.

(Enclosed is a childish drawing of a meadow. It looks like Timothy did his best.)
[Image: jCMPMAm.png]

Mx. Wander accompanied us and took down the coordinates. There were a few new TCPs stumbling about, but not many. The wheel type says it used to a lot busier... I tried to offer the new TCPs some help, maybe have one or two stay at my house, but the wheel type just pointed them in the direction of the city and gruffly told them to get a move on. She's a real no-nonsense cat.

I tried to ask the wheel type more questions, but she said she was going to be late with her next delivery if she stayed any longer, and zoomed off before I could ask anymore questions. That's alright, I didn't mean to keep her from her job for so long. It seems like its very important to her!

Since Mx. Wander was with me, I asked them if they knew about any places where lots of TCPs appear, and they seemed really excited at that! Apparently, the lake next to our community spawns a lot of aquatic TCPs! It started happening recently too. Mx. Wander sent its coordinates, as well as the ones for the meadow.

[Image: 4Schymj.png]

Mx. Wander told me not to get too close, since there's a Leviathan in there right now. No one can enjoy swimming while it's there, and it's hard to get the other TCPs out of the lake. They said they'll handle it though, so no worries! Apparently their friends won't do anything until someone complains, but Mx. Wander is try to avoid that. Aren't they nice?

That's all I have for now! I'm sure there's more around here, but I can't afford to stay away from work for too long, I've got a "mortgage" to pay, whatever that is! I'm hoping I'll be able to write to you again soon! Thank you so much for helping me find a place here!

(The document with the coordinates is quite large, even though it doesn't contain much. Looks like Frailie is still writing in large text, and remains completely unaware of it.)
[Image: 3DaQdhK.png]
Spawn Points#1

The main spawn point close to Mercy's housing seems to be in the city, Merit! The visiting TCPs I talked to had spawned in places just out-of the way of the traffic of people -- in back alleys, the tunnels, and even the sewers, but, it seemed that it wasn't uncommon for newly spawned TCPs to be squished by something, or hurt.. the city seems to keep spawning TCPs from the thoughts of its citizens, but I wonder if the points are really all hidden like that? If they're prolific enough, it could be that they spawn everywhere here and most of us don't survive.. a really scary thought.

[Attached image is printed from an instant camera, fuzzy and clearly taken from low to the ground.]

SPAWN POINTS #1
Clive

Now, my time with Happy so far has been largely devoted to organizing my lodgings and working hours. Which I am incredibly satisfied with. I have had the opportunity to scope out the local TCP scene for spawn points. Instead, I've found an... unregistered TCP collecting operation. I'm unsure of the group's intent and what happens to the cats they gather but Happy and I are... investigating. 
We've located one of their primary..... collection locations, a spawn point in a burned-out storefront. According to Happy, the fire was.... years ago. It's uncommon for a downtown Method storefront to remain so dreary for so long.

[Image: n44aoTC.png]
[Artist's Rendition - The artist is me, Clive.]

The group consists of a.... hairless Karacel, a Snuglin Parody, and a gruff looking Pockitt. One of them visits daily and tosses all the TCPs they can find into a sack, carrying it off. Happy and I have been grabbing the cats we can and sending them to the institute. We could really use some.... backup on this spawn point.

In terms of the point's output, it seems to spit out mostly body and storage category TCPs. The store was formerly a pharmacy, so.... perhaps the thoughts surrounding those afflictions are being drawn here? Other.... affliction related cats tend to come out of here. Holistic Nature-types, medical profession creature-types, and anatomy-types are quite..... common.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
@chemtrails
Your report intrigues us...hospitals seem to be very active when it comes to spawn points, and that makes us wonder: is there a correlation between amount of scraps in an area and how active a spawn point is? Perhaps there's more to be learned here...Good work!

+10 points for report submission!
+5 points for followup potential!

@RibbonCharm

Meadows seem like an ideal spawning point for TCPs, especially if they're close by to a city (let alone one as big as those found in Hearth...). We should look into making some easy to construct structures to set up in areas like that...Good work!
+10 points for visual evidence!

@seppawku

Finding ways to keep TCPs that spawn in urban areas safe is a challenge, and one that we'd like to solve. There's a lot of research to be done on our end in creating safe habitats that we can spread around...and get permission to do so, on top of that. Good work! 
+5 points for visual evidence!

@victorianflorist

TCP "collection" is highly illegal, as you'd imagine- thank you for reporting this crime to us. We'll be sending out representatives to investigate personally, and if possible, we'll try to acquire the storefront ourselves and renovate it into a proper lab outpost. Thank you, and good work!

RESEARCH TOPIC: HORROR

HR-1-1: Where are the local horror vents?

Horror mutation isn't something that's brought up often with TCPs, though it's just as dangerous to you as it is to any other complexes. TCPs like yourselves are just as susceptible to horror mutation, and can mutate in new and strange ways, often causing specific conditions- ones that we take very seriously as researchers, at that. This research prompt is not to be taken lightly- we want you to investigate horror vents. Horror vents, well, ventilate horror radiation from under the planet's crust. Most of them are hard to detect and not particularly dangerous outside of direct, constant exposure, but those left unchecked can cause serious damage to a nearby population. 

Horror vents are typically cracks in the ground, sometimes under buildings or otherwise undetectable. For your safety, we do not recommend seeking these vents out in person. You're better off investigating via testimony and statistics- ask the people around you, look into mutation statistics, and as silly as it sounds, consider following urban legends. Local folklore can be more telling than you'd expect, especially when dealing with something as mysterious and terrifying as horror radiation. Finding out what kinds of mutations are caused by local horror vents could be very useful as well- we have some evidence that horror vents have patterns in how they transform people. 

By letting us know where your local horror vents are, we can look into preventing damage done to your local community, and make your home (as well as the world at large) a safer place to live. We have equipment that'd allow us to research any spots you find further- please, once again, do not seek out the vents directly. Your lives matter more to us, and we have what it takes to follow through on these reports. Do your best!

RESEARCH TOPIC: [SPECIAL] DARKEST NIGHT

DN-1-1: What areas celebrate Darkest Night?

Darkest Night is a holiday celebrated all over the globe, and centers around celebrating the darkest night of the year- a universally agreed upon day by (most) gods, meant to encourage people to gather together and appreciate their lives together under lantern and candlelights. Of course, this is far less effective in cities where there's plenty of light to go around, but it can be quite stunning in rural areas or towns. Many areas celebrate with block parties and masquerades, some going as far as to make full costumes and prepare feasts of sweets. 

Why is this relevant to your research? For one thing, as newly spawned TCPs, it's up to you to learn all about the world, and holidays are a big part of that. Not all of our research initiatives have to be boring, after all! 

With Darkest Night approaching, your job is to find out whether your area celebrates it, and how! You aren't required to take part in any festivities of course, but it helps to know what's going on in your local community. If we hear back anything particularly interesting that could lead to bonus opportunities for our lab, we may send out researchers to investigate. Have fun!

OOC Note: Special research topics have a time limit, and will lead to bonus events + point rewards! They're intended for holidays and other fun events...enjoy!

This research post will be active until November 9th, 2019.

RESEARCH TOPIC: SPAWN POINTS

SP-1-2: What is the correlation between spawn points and scrap activity?
We've received some reports that spawn points can be particularly active around hospitals, schools, and even graveyards- this begs the question...does scrap activity have some correlation to spawn points? Could this be the missing link between what causes certain types to spawn?

Scraps are a phenomena that you've heard of during your time here, seeing as all of you were tested for sensitivity. The majority of you have no way to interact with scraps, let alone sense them, but that does not keep you from investigating their presence. While they're far easier to detect with innate abilities, we here at the facility have developed technology that allows TCPs to view, touch, and examine scraps even without sensitivity. Right now, we have no way of creating tech that could let you manipulate them, but pure observation is all that's needed for this report. 

Back to scraps- they're parts of the soul, and contain memories, emotions, and energy. They often resemble orbs made out of various kinds of matter, though many have been observed to attach to objects and even people. People develop and shed scraps naturally over the course of their lives, separating from their source after a notable event in their life. Trauma and injury are well established causes of scrap shedding, as well as death, birth, relationships starting/ending/changing, and any other notable changes in a person's life and experiences. Using the tech we've sent along, you should be able to look inside of scraps you find, though it's best to be careful- in the case of particularly powerful scraps, you will experience the contents of the scrap as if they were your own. 

Your job is to visit your local spawn points and investigate what kinds of scraps linger around, and whether they relate to the frequency and kinds of TCPs spawned. Please report back any and all findings. Should a notable correlation be found, we will send out extra researchers.

Your new scrap-viewing equipment has been included along with this letter. Each piece of equipment is unique, customized to your unique typing- you should be able to use your abilities for a bonus effect! Those who report back on how their tech works will be awarded bonus points, as field tests will be invaluable for us furthering our developments.

OOC Note: You can choose how much scrap sensitivity your TCP has! 

SP-1-3: What do people currently utilize spawn points for?

We've received some reports saying that some local spawn points have been used for crime, something that concerns us greatly...this research prompt is simple. You are to interview those around your community, and, if possible, observe the spawn point directly to see what happens to the TCPs that are spawned there- do they go on their way, are they directed somewhere, are they taken? Any observations are useful to us.

Spawn points of particular note will have researchers sent out to investigate...we hope that the crime rate will be low, and that most spawn points are safe for people. That said, we need to know for sure...good luck! 

OOC Note: Parts can be done out of order, and require separate reports! That said, it's recommended to do them in order- most of them will make better sense that way, and build up on eachother.
Part 1: Where are the local spawn points?

- First Letter

Two letters in a small envelopes arrive. The first envelope is labelled “TCP Research Initiative”, the second one is labelled “For my old friends, please give this to them”.

Upon opening the envelope the research envelope the letter is visible. There’s many splotches of dark purple fluid across the paper and the writing is kinda sloppy, but it’s evident that whoever wrote it tried their best.

Hello Research Staff,
the first letters arrived when I was still waiting on the ship to my new home, so I talked with Floof about spawn points. They said that before this they never really heard of them, but it would make sense. Floof told me about that one time when they went to eat something in the middle of the night and opened their fridge, but the fridge was filled with TCPs! 
A spawn point seems to have formed there and over the course of the day a few TCPs ended up in the fridge. Most of them seemed to be food themed (soup, cauliflower, spoon), even though there were some completely unrelated ones like a unicorn or radar type. Floof was so kind and showed me old scribbles they made after this happened, I attached pictures of them to this letter! (just turn the page around)

On the right side of the paper is a small paper clip and upon turning the paper around these two sketches can be seen
[Image: 626776051720388610_unknown.png]
[Image: 626776141985873930_unknown.png]

Floof said this was the only time they saw fridge TCPs, but it could be that they just didn’t notice the newly spawned TCPs before they sneaked out. Maybe some spawned somewhere else in their apartment and just left through a window before they were noticed.
Oh and in case it is important, Floof lives in Hearth!
I will write a new letter once I safely arrived in Luxson and try to report on things I find there.

The letter is signed with the name “Markus” and a paw print on either side.

[Image: 626781911309615104_unknown.png]
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
Clarice, responding to Research Topic: Spawn Points, part 2.

The technology I received for my research was exceptionally fascinating! I took the liberty of sketching it to warm up in case I found anything in the scraps that seemed worthy of visual documentation. (I will warn you though, I am a scientist, not an artist.)

[Image: 626994593010941972_clarice2.png]
fig. 1

Fig. 1 depicts a simple visor, not unlike the sorts of goggles one would utilize in a lab setting. There is a cavity within the visor in which there are two small ball bearings on a track. To activate the scrap-viewing capabilities of this equipment, I would ascend and use my ability on the ball bearings. It seems the force of the impact - or perhaps instead, the use of my ability - powers the device, allowing me to view and handle scraps.

I sought out the hospital Remedy had mentioned and discreetly activated the goggles in the lobby. However, I was somehow detected, and the receptionist asked me what I was doing. Once I explained, they showed me to a hallway near some empty rooms, which was kind of them. I once again activated my device and got to work!

I found what I believe was a bandage type scrap. I do not really know what it means, but it feels significant! Maybe! I hope so. Upon looking into the scrap I was overwhelmed with a feeling of genuine amusement. It was not that I found its contents amusing, but rather a feeling of amusement was what it contained. There was a memory of a whitish TCP entertaining a karacel child, causing them to laugh. I wish I could identify the TCP's type, but the scrap seems to have been from the point of view of the karacel, who never got a close enough look.

[Image: 626988950938189824_clarice1.png]
fig. 2

Fig. 2 depicts the bandage type scrap and the scene with the karacel child in bed. There are a lot of children at the museum too! I think I like children, they are very inquisitive and like to learn. Those are good traits to have. I saw some other scraps on my way out, but I did not have time to sketch or identify them because it was nearly time for my shift and I still had to get back to the museum (don't worry though, I was on time.) One looked very squiggly and another dripped a lot. Okay, that's all! Clarice, signing off.
@pichi1224
More evidence towards spawn points having typings with correlations to their locations...excellent work. The fact that there are food types here is particularly intriguing- could TCP typings also relate to the kinds of objects in an area? We're going to have to look into this.
+10 points for visual evidence!
+5 for followup potential!

@chemtrails

Good work on finding a scrap, especially with such a specific typing...perhaps such a thing could be linked to healing memories, or recovery? If only we could develop technology that let us use such a thing, who knows what powers they may hold...
+5 for utilizing new tech!
Spawn points #1

Getting my research to you has proven to be difficult, so I apologize for this taking so long. Lumikki had initially intended for to stop in Hearth, but their contact was missing. Missing is the nice way to put it. They couldn’t handle gathering any scrap there, it seemed unpleasant, so we hurriedly headed to a different contacts house. I didn’t have enough time to find a spawn point while we were there.

We are currently at a beach house in Hoopla, staying with an obj Lumi says is a distant cousin. I believe this may just be endearment. Kringle, the other tcp traveling with me, has taken to following me around, so pardon me mentioning and sharing this research with her. The beach is our selected base for now to hopefully collect coral scrap for me, I’ll bring that up next time. I’ve found two spawn points so far in Hoopla, but neither is easy to get to. I warn if you attempt to look into them to be prepared.

Kringle and I were traveling around the city, trying to get cats to talk to us. We got into a scuffle with a particularly aggressive trash type, who stopped just short of breaking Kringle’s glass. Kringle swears she she would have won, she is wrong. The trash type said we gave him a good fight, so he led me down to a sewer, swearing it was where he himself spawned. Going down into the drain, I was happy to find it was full of incredibly friendly cats. Alligator types and rat types are apparently the most common at this particularly point, along with roach, alley cat, and trash types. I even met one goldfish type, a rather large cat surprisingly, it didn’t like to talk. It just watched from a distance. I was humored when an alligator type appeared, my companion screaming and falling into the water. The goldfish fished her out before she got any damage. This spawn point seems to be fading, less cats are appearing they say.

You can find this spawn point by a BurgerBank, one that sits across from a Wanedy’s. Street was either 22nd or 32nd, I can’t remember.

The second spawn point I found about three miles out into the ocean. Kringle tried to follow but the water pressure bothered her head, so she returned to the land. I hadn’t seen many cats, and the ones I did stayed in schools and seemed to rush away from me. I was close to giving up when I found it. A bustling reef, full of a wide variety of cats. Eels, octopi, fish, crab types, anemone and kelp types, and the most common and most friendly being bubble types. I was in awe by the pure density of cats here, everywhere I looked their seemed to be another one. I watched several spawn, each being greeted by the open arms of a new friend. Here I also found an overwhelming amount of scrap. Happiness and confusion mostly, if you’re curious. I’m going to move on and maybe bring this up another time. 

If you walk the beach you will come across a wide cabin surrounded by sand castles and shells, with a monster that lives in the house. The spawn point is almost straight into the water from there. It takes a while to get there though, so do be patient.

I am not an artist, neither is Kringle, however she insisted on adding these drawings. I think her goal is to embarrass me, but I’m going to include them anyway. Jokes on her.

I will try to respond quickly with more research, I am not sure if Lumikki plans to stay on this beach long or not. I’m going to attempt to send a scrap-globe with my next letter, it’s what Lumikki uses to hold scrap. That would be of interest right? I apologize, not the proper letter for this. 

Stapled to the back are two poorly drawn pencil sketches of what appears to be the spawn points. You honestly can’t tell if effort was point into them or not. 

The letter is only signed on the outside, with Trevor in big bold letters. Lumikki and Kringle have also signed, Lumikki taking the time to dot their i’s with snowflakes. Inside the envelope is an annoying amount of sand, have fun cleaning that up.
Give Me Your Coins
please watch here: https://youtu.be/ljN0Y8Boxu8
Spawn Points#2: Scrap Activity (attached: Beta-test of assigned tech)

Quote:***TECH DESCRIPTION: When I was tested for scrap sensitivity, it wasn't very high.. without the tech you guys sent me, I can't really see or feel them? But, it does feel noticably weird to walk through them. (Figured I should say how it felt without the assist!)
The camera you guys sent worked fine to see them on its own, but.. I spilled some of the ink on myself refilling it, and that was alot more telling..! While it was still wet, it sunk into my fabric as patterns of the scraps, and then I could see the memories that were part of them, and knew what type they were. They all had different colors and textures on me, too! When the ink dried, I lost sight of them again. Sorry for the waste, though.

img 1: A shaky picture likely taken on a phone camera of the tech given. Ink splattered underneath it and onto the screen, and a container of it sits open next to the camera. 
img 2: A much better quality picture, this time printed from the scrap camera - the ink on Trice's fabric, and the scrap patterns, both shine out against the rest of the image. 

Scrap clusters form from both the spawn of new TCPs and the ones who were hurt or killed almost immediately: I think the combination of frequent 'births' and deaths might be feeding the spawn point in a cycle? Scraps from deaths = more attempted spawns of that category and type.

I have a theory that the intensity of scrap activity is part of why these points have less traffic than the rest of the city? The alleys and subway tunnels that have the most spawns don't seem to have any other reason people avoid them. The power in overhead lighting and the rails jutters a lot, and attempts to cleanup or light the alleys seem to fizzle out. When I talked to some non-TCPs, they said passing through the spawn points was kinda draining and itchy, worse the more scrap sensitive you are.. People trying to pass through as fast as possible when they do need to go through them also makes them more careless. That felt like how most of the new TCPs get hurt..

Spawn Points#3: Local use

1. Younger people here seem to use spawn points for dares! "Stay by spawn without getting spooked or caught by an adult til you find a TCP to take." ): A lot of the young kids let them go at least.. it's considered kind of dangerous to do, but 'everyone knows' it was a common thing in each generation..

2. The spawn cycle I mentioned in report 2 is established enough that people are taking advantage of it to farm scraps.. they'll leave the spawn point alone to let the TCPs spawn naturally, and take about half the scraps at once. Enough to keep sparking more, if that's what's happening, and enough for a lot of magic, as well as keeping the spawn points accessible. The rumors say they keep their faces covered, and that they come and leave quickly at night. (If the scraps building up wasn't enough to discourage people from using the spawn points too much, they might be messing with the lights and trash so fewer people come by? I couldn't tell if these were natural or not, maybe a repairman could say for sure?)

(hand-written on the bottom of the printed reports, in trembling script) I'm sorry for sending two reports at once! While poking around the scraps for the first part, I caught sight of the people taking them myself.. I'm glad to have proof and follow-up info, but it was kind of scary.
@AceOfNothing

Thank you for your report...it definitely seems like there's a correlation between environment and what TCPs spawn- all of the types you've mentioned underwater were well suited to their environments. This is great news for us, as it means we can create shelters with a higher potential for success and safety! Great work.

+10 points for visual evidence!

@chemtrails

Thank you for your interview footage- we'll send someone out to help Hew when we can. Finding new horror vents is crucial to our research, especially if they're causing trouble in their local communities. In the future, please don't make promises on our behalf- but this one is one we can keep.
+50 points for video evidence!

@seppawku
Interesting info on the tech we sent, can't say we expected that...we'll put some researchers on it and see about using this data to improve its effectiveness. The correlation between scrap intensity and spawn points is one we haven't looked into as much, let alone the idea of a cycle...perhaps this is how spawn points persist even in dangerous areas...
+5 for utilizing new tech!

As for your second report...scrap farming has been on our radar for some time now, but having a lead on a proper location will help us crack down on people harvesting scraps via hurting TCPs. We will do our best to help out, and make your area a safer place. Good work.
This is Lively, the town my application was referring to was Perchant, it was a station of a tramway line that went over the mountains even before the neighbouring zone froze.
A few of the cable machine yards are operating still, but all that is going up now are salvage teams. The TCP apartments are in an old hotel that has been converted to serve as a home base for the group that is working this observatory.

Most of the TCPs here are from elsewhere in Hearth, but there's some locals running services for information and purchasing goods...
It seems a third of the local TCPs regularly spawn inside a small warehouse where material was left after most of the yards shut down, but occasionally some will spawn in the area surrounding it.
Most of the irregulars were Form and Nature types, with the warehouse having large quantities of Storage and Body types spawning.
Apparently the warehouse held lost items in addition to what couldn't be moved away from the station, but has been stripped for materials by the resident TCPs to make better use of the space.

The salvage teams occasionally bring in TCPs from Bluster too, which end being cared for by the community here, even the ones unphased by the environment seem to prefer having company and support when they need it.
A couple seem to have been brought in by a team focused on rescuing TCPs, that travels to locations like this, given the distance they would need to cover, maybe they are working with Complexes for transportation?
Horror, Part 1: Where are the local horror vents? (Warning for body horror)

Show ContentSpoiler:
SP-1-1: Where are the local spawn points?

Funny story, this one actually happened on the way back to Forceps' place. The spawn point in question appears to have been formed inside a large underwater geyser. Upon exiting the tunnel to investigate, it was found that various TCPs spawn in the bottom of the geyser, then are gently shot up into the water. The TCPs spawned are mostly types related to water, such as various sea creatures, coral, or kelp, although on occasion a seemingly random TCP type would emerge. All of them seemed able to swim after some flailing about, and most were happy to explore their new surroundings.

According to Forceps, it's located about three miles out from the southern coast of Bluster. It's really only accessible via their tunnel network, but I asked, and they'd be willing to let researchers in as long as they're good to the residents. It's visible from tunnel 21C, and there's a maintenance hatch not too far away that one could use to swim to it.

On the subject of Forceps' hospitality- it's not overly cozy, but all the basic necessities are there. It's a bit like living in a large hotel room, really- the space is designed to make efficient use of space without feeling cramped. There are a few generic decorations up on the walls (landscape paintings, pictures of trees, etc.) but Forceps says we can put up whatever we want as long as we don't do any damage to the walls themselves. I've left everything the same as it was, since I'm not planning on settling in one location for long.

-Petra

(there are two letters enclosed in the same envelope...)

SP-1-2: What is the correlation between spawn points and scrap activity?

I honestly thought there was some kind of mix-up when my package arrived in the mail, but then I saw the letter on top and realized what it was supposed to be. I guess someone at the R&D labs had a bit of a sense of humor when coming up with items "related to my typing". Anyway, the sword you sent me works pretty well, even if it takes some getting used to. When I hold it, it sort of pulls at me and leads me to the nearest scrap. When I get close, I can almost see it, except I can't see it, if that makes sense. I know where it is to the point where I can sort of imagine it being in my field of vision, but it's not actually there for me. If I actually touch the sword to the scrap, I can sense the memory inside- it sort of feels like when you suddenly remember something, like you forgot your keys or you left the oven on, but it's a new memory instead.

Anyway, I took the sword back to the geyser from the other day and observed the scrap activity there. It's pretty interesting, actually- shortly before a TCP spawns at the bottom of the geyser, there's a sort of miniature explosion as a new scrap is created and then pretty much immediately bonded to whatever TCP is spawned. Sometimes scraps will drift down from above and attach themselves to the newly spawned TCPs. The TCPs seem to have mixed responses whenever this happens- the third TCP I saw cut my research a bit short as it began sobbing uncontrollably and I had to console it. For privacy's sake, I decided not to look at the scrap that had affected it so much, although I can take a guess as to the nature of it.

Forceps and I took the TCP in, and thankfully we were able to find a good home for it among Forceps' other residents. I hope it's doing okay.

-Petra
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
SPAWN POINT #1~~~

I found a few spawn points here near where I am staying, there is a valley and in the valley is a very active spawn point. It’s kinda like a large hole. I’ve seen a bunch of tcps spawn there,but it’s hard for some of them to get out but they do eventually, I didn’t get any pictures this time but maybe next time 
- imogen
:3
SPAWN POINTS No. 1
I had quite a bit of trouble finding a spawn point until Entropy stepped in. It explained to me that due to the combination of a smaller population and less wide spread awareness of TCPs, it takes a while for TCPs to spawn. Since I was trying to find a spawn point thru looking for high concentrations of TCPs like you suggested, it wasn’t very effective. Instead, Entropy guided me to a spot that they said had a high concentration of scraps (I can’t see them so I had to take their word for it.) To test if it was a spawn point, we sat there thinking of TCP types until one showed up! (Again, there aren’t so many spawn points here nor people who are thinking of TCP types, the chances of seeing a TCP we thought of in this manner is far higher than it would be on Morbit.) I thought it was very clever of it, and I had a lot of fun trying to figure out this puzzle together. It was like a treasure hunt! ]D

SPAWN POINTS No. 3
Today Entropy and I saw some people in masks and white coats taking away some TCPs. We hid so that they couldn’t see us, but one of them came close enough to our hiding spot that I was able to get a picture of their face.
[Image: 5TqZS9i.png]

They seemed to be using the same method we had come up with, of thinking of types and waiting for them to show up. I wanted to stop them but Entropy told me not too. I think of Entropy as being so brave but they seemed nervous. It turns out that the masked people are followers of Tonic. Entropy said that the people were going to bring the TCPs to Tonic, to see if they would help in his research. Tonic’s followers would do anything to impress Tonic, which is why Entropy was nervous. It says that Tonic is not a bad person though, and that he will most certainly release all of the TCPs who do not wish to be test subjects. He does not take unwilling test subjects. That made me feel a bit better. Entropy and I watched them leave.
@Shifter55
We have yet to research much when it comes to the relationship between complexes and spawn points, but the idea that some kind of deal has been struck up for transport is intriguing...we'll have to look into it. Good work.
+5 points for followup potential!

@RibbonCharm
Horror mutation is a sensitive topic for many people, especially those directly affected by it. Thank you for this account- we're going to send some researchers out to the location you described and see about controlling the vent. We hope that helps soothe your worries.
+40 points for visual evidence!

@knux400 
It's reassuring to hear that underwater spawn points spawn TCPs most well suited for their environments- we've received a similar report from another researcher, and getting that confirmation from you helps our research. Good work.

As for your second report, we're glad that the tech we sent you works well. We're aware that the item itself is a little unorthodox, but we found that it works best with knight types like yourself. You've also reminded us of something crucial to look into...
+5 points for utilizing new tech!

@clockwork citrus
Thank you for your report- a hole is a dangerous sounding spawn point location, but at least the TCPs appear to be able to free themselves. We'll send someone out to go help build some structures. Good work!

@chemtrails (ember)
More evidence towards the link between scraps and spawning points- excellent work! It's interesting to know that even pocket dimensions can have spawn points...it's not something we can exactly readily explore ourselves, but still incredibly interesting to know. Good work.

As for your second report, I do have some moral concerns...while we operate off of a similar system here, I do hope that proper consent to experimentation is being worked out. It is interesting to know that other researchers with this method exist, let alone in another dimension...
HORROR No. 1
So I asked Entropy and there is a bit of a problem with this. Since I am not currently located on Morbit there are no horror vents. I thought I wouldn’t be able to do this one for a little while, but then I realized that just because there’s no horror radiation present doesn’t mean there aren’t any horrors. If you don’t know, there are a lot of parodies and monsters here! Not sure why, but they make up a higher portion of the population than they do on Morbit. I figured I’d do my research on them instead, so I hope that’s okay!

THE PARODY
Show ContentTrypophobia and eye horror warning:
(picture of Tremble above)
Tremble here says they were very near sighted when they first emerged and mistook eyes and other circular markings for holes. Once they realized their mistake, it was too late to correct it. They say that the vent was warm and cold at the same time, that the earth around it breathed and the horrors inside breathed with it. None of it made much sense to me but I was excited to learn! They said that they tried to blend in on Morbit, but got tired of it and tried to return to their vent. But it had been sealed up again in the years that they had been above ground! ]( I felt very sad for them. They say that they like the angelspace though, so it’s not too bad.

THE MONSTER
Show ContentTeeth, veins, and body horror warning:
(picture above)
The next person I interviewed preferred to stay anonymous. I tried to censor their picture to preserve their privacy, which they seemed content with. They are a former Morbitian who was mutated by horror radiation in a mining accident. They didn’t have much to say, but they want you to know that one of the best ways you could help prevent harm from horror radiation on Morbit is to team up with miner’s unions. Since anyone working a mining job is at a higher risk of being exposed to radiation, they say that it is typically one of unions’ primary concerns and having some “fancy science backing” to their efforts would be very helpful.
Horror #1

I was able to find a horror vent.  A very nervous engine type told me about an old church like building that’s falling apart inside is a horror vent, I approached it to try to get a picture but I was stopped by a horror infected god type, I decided to take the god type to my house and they are now my room mate they are great full for the space and wants to put up caution tape and barriers so that other tcps don’t meet the same fate they did

Sorry for the bad photo quality the god type kinda jostled me around as I took it 
[Image: 628951565620871189_image0.jpg]
-imogen
@chemtrails
We haven't considered what it might be like in other dimensions...I have to wonder where the monsters and parodies come from. It might be worth exploring, or at least asking around...good work.

@clockwork citrus
Thank you for taking in someone who needed help- that kind of compassion makes for a great researcher. Putting up safety measures is crucial around horror vents- we'll send some people out to help out. Good work!

RESEARCH TOPIC: [SPECIAL] DARKEST NIGHT

DN-1-2: What costumes appear during Darkest Night?

Asking why masquerade parties happen during Darkest Night will get you a variety of answers, and no one seems to agree on any of it. What we want to know is what kind of costumes exist in your area- the more commonalities we find in costumes, the better we can prep for the inevitable influx of TCPs in that typing. It may seem silly, but we have reason to believe this will legitimately work. 

Find us information on local costumes! Those who create their own will be given bonus points- the best research is done in the thick of things!

OOC Note: Special research topics have a time limit, and will lead to bonus events + point rewards! They're intended for holidays and other fun events...enjoy!

DN-1-3: What food is common during Darkest Night?

This research topic may seem a bit odd, but rest assured, it's relevant to our own pursuits. We want to help our specimens in the lab celebrate this holiday event, and seeing as food is such a big part of Darkest Night, it only seemed fitting that we ask around and find what's most common! While we already know that sweets and pastries are the most prominent, we're interested in specifics- and outliers, if there are any. With your help, we'll be able to make TCP-consumable dishes. 

DN-1-4: What are urban legends surrounding Darkest Night?

Darkest Night is a holiday with a lot of mystery surrounding it. While it is an event spent celebrating and generally has an air of merriment and fun, there are dangers lurking behind the corners...or so they say. Every area seems to have its own stories surrounding the holiday, and we're curious as to what those could be. You never know what might corroborate with our research! 

Please find at least one urban legend for us, either as simple or detailed as you wish. There are legends of all kinds, be they simple and whimsical or rather gory...we'll leave the details up to you. Good luck!

Hoo boy, this is going to be a big one. Me and Forceps just got back from a pretty good batch of "field research" in Mockery, if you know what I mean. Not Forceps themself, of course, they had me take one of their proxies with me. Before we left, I insisted we swing by a local costume shop and get the two of us a costume. I went as a pirate and Forceps's proxy went as my bird. They even let me paint the proxy, which was cool! Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.

From the bit of travel I did on the way to Precipice, I think a more apt question would be what areas don't celebrate Darkest Night. Everywhere I went, the locals were all having some form of celebration, apart from one snooty old beatfox that said they didn't believe in Darkest Night and just wanted all the pesky kids to quit making a ruckus. There were festivals, markets, costume shops, feasts, you name it! I kept wanting to stop and check it all out, but Forceps said Darkest Night in Mockery was a particularly good place to study the event.

From what Forceps tells me, Mockery is usually a pretty uptight place. I think it's a capital city where a god lives. They're usually all about going about their day and making the best use of their time, but Darkest Night for them is a chance to let loose a little bit and enjoy themselves. We got there just before sundown, which is apparently when the fun really begins. It seemed pretty normal at first as everyone was finishing their work and heading home, but soon we started to notice people were hanging candles outside. As the sun started to set, the city became entirely lit by candlelight- there wasn't a single shred-powered light in sight!

Early on in the night, celebrations were pretty scattered and varied. Kids were running around in various costumes, playing and going door to door for treats. Older kids and teenagers were hanging out in packs, eating candy and talking, some trying to scare passersby. Everyone else was either escorting their kid or were on their way to a friend's for a Darkest Night party. I got a chance to peek in a few houses, there were big tables full of food and sweets, and a special platter was set aside to give to the wanderers. TCPs were all over the place, most of them taking part in their own celebrations, but some were interacting with the complexes. Everyone kept mentioning something called 'The Bonfire', but I was never able to get any details.

When it got really late and the sky was totally black, everyone started to make their way towards the center of town. There was a large tower that everyone was congregated around, and there were lots of party tables set up around it, with even more food and various kinds of drink. Everyone was waiting for something, but before I could ask what, an odd-looking figure appeared at the top of the tower with a torch. They asked if everyone was enjoying Darkest Night this year, which was met with a resounding cheer. They then stepped inside the tower, and before long, a fire erupted from the center. I was worried for a split second, but then I realized it was intentional.

I hadn't seen it before since it was so dark, but the top of the tower was glass and it seemed to have a clock on it. The fire was set inside the clock mechanism in such a way that the flames created flickering and waving gear-shaped shadows all around the plaza. Then the place got wild. People were horsing around, eating and drinking, talking to friends, or dancing to the music that had begun when the fire started. Everyone was having a great time, and I'm not ashamed to admit I forgot all about my research for a while.

The party lasted until the bonfire went out on its own, the chaos slowly dying down with the flames. I think my favorite part was when the tower was only lit by a few flickering embers, and everyone was sitting quietly watching it and reminiscing about the events of the night. People stayed and chatted quietly until the flames were gone and it was dark again (and for a little while after), but then everyone headed home to go sleep, and I opted to follow suit.

DN-1-2: What costumes appear during Darkest Night?

Again, this one was pretty varied. I saw characters from comic books, radio shows, and novels, as well as a few that were just a character someone had come up with or just a generic 'horror' or 'ninja'. There was definitely a sort of desert theme for Mockery, though- about half of the costumes I saw there were various kinds of desert explorer, all wrapped up in colorful robes and adventuring garb. I'm not sure, but supposedly this Desert Explorer was one of the first people to come to this place and build a settlement, and supposedly they also went around doing heroic deeds? It's a different story depending on who you ask. I think one person told me they had a special power that let objects talk to them, and that they were good friends with a piece of paper, a satchel, and a floating arrow. I honestly think they were screwing with me, but I felt I should include that bit anyway.

DN-1-3: What food is common during Darkest Night?

All kinds of food were available, but there was definitely a focus on candy and sweets, specifically fruit flavored things. There were various kinds of punch and juice to drink, and every kind of fruit candy you can imagine, as well as a few you couldn't. That's not to say more traditional feasting food wasn't present (one place had an amazing roast beast), but the focus of it was definitely sweets.

DN-1-4: What are urban legends surrounding Darkest Night?

This one was kind of interesting. The details of the story change a lot depending on who you ask, but supposedly Darkest Night began a long time ago when a bunch of travelers were lost in the woods, and they only had one match to light a fire with. For days they kept wandering around and trying to save the fire for when they would need it, but legend has it one day they decided that they were going to go out on a happy note, so to speak. They lit the fire, made a feast with all their rations, and just had a good time together.

Apparently their celebration got so loud that someone else noticed them, and they ended up getting rescued. I'm not too sure where the costumes came in- some people say it started when the travelers made scary masks to keep away the wildlife. Anyway, it also just happened to be on the darkest night of the year that the travelers held their party, so the event ended up being called Darkest Night and the rest just sort of grew from there.

Some people say if you light a fire in the woods on Darkest Night and sit quietly, you can still hear the travelers having a good time. I never got to try this, unfortunately. By the time I left the party in Mockery I was too tired to do anything but shamble back to my room and collapse on my bed.

Wow, that letter got long. Hopefully that gives you all some idea of how Darkest Night is celebrated in Mockery, and I apologize for getting myself so distracted last night. There were probably more people I could've talked to, or things I could've seen, but I got all caught up in the swing of things.

Oh, before I forget! I did bring my sword to see if there was any unusual scrap activity, but I ended up not using it since there were too many people around to get a proper reading- it just kind of wobbled around in all directions and gave me a headache.

I'll be in touch soon!
-Petra
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

D-N 1-1 

Most of the tcps and morbitians here celebrate darkest night. So far we have seen that many people have already started preparing for it. Decorations are already up. Some of it could be considered quite scary to newer and or younger people,  my horror infected god type friend doesn’t like it because it feels like people are staring at it all the time now, but they told me where costumes could be obtained, 
They showed me a market where everyone was in the spirt selling their wears, one selling hats, another selling pies, and a third selling i have no clue what it was. Solitude has been a really cool place so far and I’m excited to see it durring this holiday
This is a picture of the market
[Image: 630740945012391939_image0.jpg]
- imogen
Clive

Darkest Night is one of our more profitable seasons for the store. The darkest night of the year sends people scrambling for string lights and other illuminating decor. Happy and I decorated the exterior of the store together, the bright, saturated lights, unlike the ones we sell normally. 

There is a practice I've been told is unique to Wonder; there is a particular paint, derived from the ink of the peoples of a deep-sea civilization, which glows in the presence of scrap energy-based lighting. So businesses and homes will paint designs that largely disappear during the day but glow as the nights turn dark. Darkest night is when most unveil these temporary designs. 

The festivities seem pretty standard to any other party. People share food, time, and conversation. They also see it as a time to rid themselves of the things "haunting" them this year. Happy wrote a number of names and titles onto a list and fed it into a small brazier which they brought up from storage. I've tried to ask them about the practice but they haven't been forthcoming. I'm unsure if it's a common practice or one of their quirks. 
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
DN-1-2

We found many places for costumes!! I even got my own! But they had so many pretty ones the god type that told me their name is tone they are dressing up as a washing machine, other costumes we found were, a typed tcp costume, a drop dead costume, a tary costume, pumpkin and other, I’m going as a witch, I got a cool hat and a fun skirt,  

[Image: 630822547373686804_image0.jpg]
Artist rendition of our costumes 

-imogen
Sad 
Research Topic SP-1-1: Where are the local spawn points.

Greetings, Michelle here. Everything has been going well with Tremor so far. He's been giving me lessons every day, to prepare me for when I get to work with his patients, and he's very patient with me. My only gripe so far is that besides my room, everything is complex-sized, but Tremor usually carries me around on his shoulder, so that makes it a little better.

Once I got this letter, I decided to ask Tremor about the local spawn points. He said the only ones he knows of were always outside the town, which I learned is called Ichor. In the graveyard or in the woods, for example. It's actually more or less considered a right of passage for an outsider to make it to the town alive, especially if you're a TCP. Tremor says there's...things lurking out there. Things that he's not ready to tell me. And I don't think I'm ready to find out.

I decided to take a trip up to the places around Ichor today after my lessons, with Tremor coming along to protect me, just in case. Ichor itself is...actually pretty small, I'd describe it as more like a village, or a hamlet. I only got to see the outskirts though, as the spawn point Tremor wanted to show me was just outside it.

[Image: tLtvWr4.png]

The graveyard is a terribly lonely place, hidden by the trees in such a way that it's almost completed isolated from the nearby hamlet. Tremor told me that this one was fairly "new," built a couple of dozen years ago before an incident happened in their masoleum, forcing them to seal it off.

There's already so many Morbitians buried here... There's even a few TCP-sized graves. The sight almost made me want to turn around and head back to the lab, but I was stopped by a trio of brood types, who didn't even so much as flinch when they saw me. They said they've seen worse, I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment.

They were happy to answer my questions, and this is what I was able to gather: A few yeard after the graveyard was constructed, TCPs began to spawn on top of it, and has provided a steady supply of them ever since. The hamlet isn't easily visible from here, so many of them often wander off into the woods, where either another cat eventually finds them, or they're devoured by the creatures roaming behind the trees. The brood types are actually a trio of scouts from a nearby TCP settlement called Pace, heading out three times a day to comb the woods for new cats. A few even spawned deeper within the woods, but rarely ever make it to the settlement. These spots are usually marked by weapons, supplies, and directions to Pace and Ichor that the cats from Pace left for them. It's the most they can do when they're not there to defend the new cats.

One of the brood types also offered an interesting tidbit: He believes almost every cat from the graveyard corresponds to a trait of someone buried there. For example, he spawned on top of the grave of someone who he later learned was a bird tamer, and Pace has a cake type that spawned on the grave of a baker. I feel like this could be useful to help determine what exactly makes a spawn point, if it's not all up to chance.

This is all I have for now. I wanted to go explore the woods to find the spawn points there, but Tremor said that it'd be best if we hold off on that for now. He's mostly just worried about stepping on any cats from Pace, or me. The package containing my scrap equipment arrived shortly after I sent this, and I'm going to take some time to test it out before reporting my findings. You'll hear from me again soon enough.
@knux400

DN-1-1
It sounds like you got quite the experience. Holidays spent in zone capitals are typically more grand affairs, and Mockery is no different. 
+5 points for special event!

DN-1-2
Historical costumes (such as your desert explorer) vary from region to region, but seem fairly common wherever you go. It certainly gives a look into what cultures value from their past...
+5 points for costume use!

DN-1-3
Good work on the research- we'll have to import some Precipice candies for our specimens.

DN-1-4
As for your last report...that's a legend I haven't heard. There are so many origin stories to Darkest Night, but that certainly makes sense for Precipice lore. We'll have to archive this...good work.

@clockwork citrus
DN-1-1
We haven't researched much into the stigma towards monsters and horror-afflicted people during this holiday...we'll look into this. Good work.

DN-1-2
It's...interesting, that they sell costumes based on TCPs in the Gauntlet. I'll have to look into whether these are bootlegs or not- for science.
+5 points for costume!

@victorianflorist
Getting rid of things that haunt people...curious. We haven't researched much into this, and it'll give us another excellent lead. Good work.
DN-1-1

@RibbonCharm (jay)

SP-1-1
The detail about TCPs having correlations with occupants of the cemetary...we're sending researchers out as soon as possible. Thank you.
This is Forceps writing. Petra wished to visit the horror vent herself, but I forbade her from doing so in the interest of her health. Instead, I allowed her to take control of one of my Proxies, which are remotely controlled drones that I frequently use to observe and interact with the world. Being artificial in nature, they are not susceptible to horror mutation.

Petra here. I'm still a little pissy over not getting to visit the vent, but I understand where Forceps is coming from now. Seeing what it can do to people is pretty scary. Forceps led me through the tunnel system to this weird underwater dome thing, where they came out to visit me themself. Why did no one tell me they were really a bunch of cubes??? Not that that's a dealbreaker or anything, it just seemed like something that would be sort of an essential detail. Anyway, they took me over to a viewscreen and a set of controls, and after some trial and error, I was off. Driving a Proxy is super weird, I have no idea how Forceps manages it so well.

HR-1-1: Where are the local horror vents?

The vent in question is about 3 miles west of the Hearth-Bluster-Whimsy intersection, in that one little flange of Bluster that pokes into Whimsy a bit. It's underneath a fallen building covered up by a large snowbank.

CW: Death
Show ContentSpoiler:
After that it was mostly Forceps taking over the controls to avoid having the Proxy get eaten by whatever it flew by, but there were a few interesting things we found.

Firstly, not all of the horrors down there were completely beast-like in behavior. There were a few that just wanted to watch us or poke at us gently. One even spoke to us in sort of broken Morbitian. It said it likes it down there, since it's dark and warm, and the other horrors aren't much of a big deal if you know how to deal with them. We couldn't ask it much else due to its lack of vocabulary, though.

A lot of the horrors there seemed to be highly territorial, and a few bigger and scarier ones even had their own den to sleep in. There were a lot of places we just couldn't go without getting swiped at.

Finally, the coolest part was when we found a parody. My understanding of parodies is that they copy the first thing they see when they get outside the vent, but because of the temperature outside, practically none would make it out. But with us flying a proxy inside, it must've thought it was something it could copy, and it did! It sort of oozed out of a passageway next to us, and shaped itself into a horror-proxy, complete with wings and big white eyes. 

It followed us all the way out of the cave, but it iced up pretty quickly once it got outside. Forceps had to take over the controls so we could grab it and drag it somewhere warmer. It took what felt like hours of awkward flapping and/or dragging to get it across the border, and we were both worried it wouldn't make it, but after a few minutes of laying in the Hearth sun, it shook itself off and flew away.

[ADOPTS]

DN-1-3

everyone has been getting ready for the festival. I can barely walk down the street without smelling something tasty. Many people here in solitude make traditional feast, full of protein and fruits, nuts, meats, berries. It all smells so good. Me and tune are planning to go to a few parties but also have our own they know Just how to use spices perfectly, Many restaurants have been giving out samples of the food they will be having come the holiday. And so far they’ve all had the a same blend of earthy tasting spices along with one or two spicy spices. A lot of people start giving out candy and sweeties. Tune likes the sour ones I like the obscure fruit ones. 
-imogen
DN-1-1 (COSMO/CLARICE)
I have been asked to attend the Darkest Night festivities at the museum. For now though, we are in full prep mode. The taller staff members have been busy hanging up paper lanterns shaped like pumpkins and bats. I helped put black food dye in the water table and sort through which scrap-powered candles had or hadn’t burned out their bulbs. Generally the atmosphere has been very busy but jubilant! I am excited to see where this goes. Smile
no longer active
Research Topic SP-1-2: SP-1-2 What is the correlation between spawn points and scrap activity?

My scrap equipment came in the day after I arrived, but didn't really look at the package until now. The gloves are nice, and they fit perfectly!

[Image: 6Jcs5Fx.png]

They were...tricky to get the hang of though. I can't see, or even feel scraps, so I have to rely on the orbs on the palms to find them. They blink whenever they're in the presence of a scrap, and blink faster as I get closer. If I'm right next to a scrap, then they light up completely.

At any point, I can use my ability through the gloves to create some kind of...cross-section in reality? I'm not sure how to actually describe it. But it seems like for just a moment, I can cut through whatever cosmic, spiritual, metaphysical whatever the ---- rule or layer that hides scraps from those who lack scrap sensitivity, making them visible to everyone. It only lasts for a few seconds though, so I have to act quickly to examine the scraps.

[Image: 71DcqKP.png]

There was some mild visual distortion, I tried to recreate it as best as I could, and it was a bit hard to see the scrap in the center. It looked like a bunch of water droplets, surrounded by a blue aura. I knew I didn't have much time, so I tried to grab it, figuring the gloves would allow me to do it...

[Image: C4HjLpi.png]

Instead of the scrap, I got a grainy, slightly distorted memory. Three aquatic cats coming together, for some reason. I couldn't hear the conversation, but they seemed really happy, overjoyed even.

...And I was so busy pondering the memory that the cross-section closed, taking the scrap with it. Since I can't wield it, I decided to leave it where it is.

And that's not the only scrap I found. Book scraps in the library, seed scraps in the greenhouse, and even more than that...all of them involving cats, and a memory of a cat being spawned in the library.

In fact, a lot of the memories were of cats spawning, rarely ever any being hurt. Perhaps, because of an overwhelming amount of scraps ties to positive memories, this place was deemed "safe" for new cats, and whatever decided what makes a spawn point just kept spawning cats here? Since it knew they would be safe and cared for?

There used to be a lot of cats here. But now they're all gone, and I'm the only one. I think Tremor's lab had a spawn point once, maybe even multiple given the different typings I saw, which could've been created due to the amount of positive memories tied to this place. But the spawn points are gone too, otherwise why would Tremor need to turn to the Housing Initiative for an assistant?

I'm not sure if I want to know where they all went.
DN-1-2 (COSMO/CLARICE)
The children will be arriving any minute now! One of my fellow coworkers pulled out a TCP-sized costume and gave it to me. They said it was a "wild scientist costume" which I think fits perfectly since I certainly am a scientist. It came with a wig, lab coat, and tinted swirly glasses. I put it on and took a quick picture before heading out to greet the visitors.
[Image: P3rNBWG.png]
fig. 1 (Myself in my Darkest Night costume.)

There are so many children out here, all of them in costume! I saw knights, cowboys, witches and other scrap-users, and various gods and celebrities. Costumes based around wildlife also appear to be popular. I apologize for these updates being so brief; I have little time to write in between all the festivities but I am hoping to record things as they happen, sort of like one of those "let's plays" the kids are always talking about. Let's research.
no longer active
(The stack of papers has been folded carefully and placed into labeled envelopes based on what information they contain. The envelopes have then been sealed with sap and bound with apparently homemade twine.)

(Page 1)
I am Flicker, formerly called Buzz. I am living just outside the woods near small town in Luxson, with a Ruffneck named Ren. When we are finished foraging and working the land, they let me do as I please, sometimes accompanying me into the woods to ensure my safety.

SP-1-1
Ren was able to direct me to a spawn point in the woods, not too far from a lake. Others in town directed me to one in an abandoned theatre that had burned down in a grievous accident.

(Page 2)
SP-1-2
WOODS SPAWN POINT:
The spawn point in the woods was in a vast grove of dead trees and had an overwhelming aura. It was far, further than Ren and I usually hunt, and for good reason. My body was flooded with a heaviness, and a feeling of grief and desolation and loneliness. I created a few flytraps, wondering if I'd be able to catch something I couldn't see. Ren and I came back a few days later - two of them had been destroyed by a black fluid but the third was still intact. I tried using the scrap-viewing equipment on the destroyed ones, at Ren's suggestion, but it wouldn't focus. It kept rapidly flicking through images and feelings, which I am assuming were memories. Horrific scenes of Morbitans and TCPs alike dying of some sort of awful plague. I think I need to go rest now. (Scribbled in the margin beside this entry is written in blue: "Asked around town. Deep woods used as mass grave for Luxson's dead during plague. Ren is not native, did not know. Also says the soil in that area is corrupt and will not yield sustenence and that animals from around that area are strange, sometimes mutated. Some are completely feral.")

(Page 3)
I made camp in the branches of some trees and kept watch for several days. TCPs spawned: bastard, sigil, deer, chaos, coffin, anxiety, bird, corpse, leviathan, rope, dissociation, panic disorder. Several of them didn't seem quite right, but I'm not sure what was wrong with them. Some had too many parts, some not enough, some not the right parts, and any combination of these. I have attached a sketch of one of them, the sigil-type, as I was unable to take photos of these strange TCPs. Even just being in their vicinity filled me with dread. I can only assume the corpses buried here are from the horror plague, and their collective decomposing bodies are giving off enough horror radiation to taint this spawn point. (On the reverse side of the page is a sketch. The text reads "What I colored in blue was a soul-sucking black. It was terrible.")

(Page 4)
SP-1-2
THEATRE SPAWN POINT:
The aura in the main hall of the theatre was similarly unpleasant to the one in the woods, but it was more of a panicked terror than an oppressive sense of hopelessness and desolation. I used my scrap-viewing equipment around where the majority of the ash was - the memory I caught was of a rehearsal, where one of the actors carrying a lit candelabra stumbled over an unsecured rope and fell into the curtains. The other actors and staff spent far too long trying to unravel them from the burning, heavy cloth, and the flame caused the curtain to collapse onto the stage and break through it entirely. I kept watch here for several days but the spawns were far fewer: a burn type, a licorice type, a fantasy type, and a spotlight type.

(Written near the bottom of page 3)
SP-1-3
WOODS SPAWN POINT:
I followed the dissociation type. It left the dead zone in the forest and was promptly eaten by some predatory animal. The creature had trouble swallowing. I did not pursue.

(Page 5)
SP-1-3
THEATRE SPAWN POINT:
Every so often, at least twice a day, a Beatfox wearing an apron with many, many pockets would come by, at least once a day, and collect the TCPs. She would comfort and reassure them as she carried them away. I followed her to her house and snuck in through what was apparently a TCP door. After a short period of observation, I realized she was keeping them as cherished pets and pampering them, carrying them around in her apron and calling them her children. She didn't seem all there, if you get what I mean, but the TCPs seemed happy, at least. The unlocked TCP door gives me reason to believe that they can come and go as they please, or simply go. That being said, I don't dare attempt to interview her.

(Page 6)
HR-1-1
In the town Ren and I frequent, Maghem, there were no reports of horror vents in this area. However, one resident said there was a rumor of one on the northern island. Ren obliged me on the weekend and took me to investigate. Sure enough, we saw with binoculars from the top of a hill that the amount of horror-ed beings compared to our side of the island, excluding the deep woods, was significantly higher. There seemed to be a high concentration of eyespot mutations as well as aqueous-like growths. I'd call them fins but... Well, you can see for yourself. I've attached a map. (On the reverse is a sketched map of Luxson, a red X marking the general location of the vent.)

(Page 7)
DN-1-1
I have deduced from the amount of costumes and masks that are suddenly cluttering streetside stands that Maghem celebrates Darkest Night with a Masquerade. The town square is being decorated at a startling speed, and a straw construct of Spit seems to have gone up overnight. I have attached a photo of one of the stands. (There is a photo glued to the back of this page with sap.)

DN-1-2
Judging from the costumes being sold, it looks like most costumes are related to ideas. For evasiveness and vengeance, there are things like ghosts, spirits, zombies, cats, rats, and snakes. For protection and healing, there's been turtles, knights, goddesses, and medics of every type. Attached is my own costume. (There is a photo glued to the back of the page with sap.)

(Page 8)
DN-1-3
It's Darkest Night. There are various foods and sweets, of course, but it seems nobody's eating anything yet. The other foods all seem to have a gorey theme. There's spaghetti dyed pink labeled as brains, there's crazy bread with some sort of red sauce labeled as intestines, some eyeballs on a plate which are secretly gods-know-what... What a strange tradition. 

DN-1-4
I asked one of the celebrants - they said the masks are to protect their identities from Spit and the construct is to burn at the beginning of the night, to ward off her attention and violence by metaphorically killing her. I don't think that's the way it works with living beings, but it's a small enough town that it's probably fine? The tale behind the foods they serve is as a celebration of defeating Spit. I assume they will be eaten once the Spit is burned down.
[Image: 46L7SNf.png]                         [Image: AccxU29.png]
~Calyx
@knux400
Parodies are something we haven't looked into as much as we should...one has to wonder what TCP parodies would be like...good work.
HR-1-1

@clockwork citrus
DN-1-3

@chemtrails (cosmo)

DN-1-1

DN-1-2
+5 points for costume!

@RibbonCharm (jay)

SP-1-2
+15 points for visual evidence!

@aeshihowl

SP-1-1

SP-1-2
What you witnessed were horrified and mutated TCPs, something we've been looking into as much as we can...we'll send some researchers out. Good work.

SP-1-3

HR-1-1

DN-1-1

DN-1-2
+5 points for costume!

DN-1-3

DN-1-4
DN1-4 

so here we have heard many a tale about the origins of this holiday but my favorite one so far is that it’s a day where spirts come back, both good and bad spirits, people set our places for their dead relatives and it’s beautiful, the costumes are to hide yourself from the evil bad spirts. So that goblins and ghouls don’t steal your fluid or your life. Tunes favorite  is that  one night rein was so frustrated at spit and the other gods that she took away the moon and sun for a whole week or day. The time period changes depending on who you ask 
-imogen
DN-1-3 (COSMO/CLARICE)
Staff members are handing out candy to the kids! Mostly individually wrapped, mass-produced candies, such as chocolate and candy bars, hard candies, taffies, and little plastic bags of gummies and candy corns. I got to stand on a table and give out candy too! I was a little disappointed that none of the treats were things I could eat, but then one of my co-workers called me into the back. It appears that they had taken the liberty of acquiring some TCP-compatible candies for me. They were delicious! I liked the chocolates the best. I am really fortunate to be part of a community that goes out of their way to make me feel included.
no longer active
@clockwork citrus
DN-1-4

@chemtrails (cosmo)
DN-1-3
DN-1-4 (COSMO/CLARICE)
The museum has closed and the children have gone home. While we clean up and prepare for tomorrow, the staff members have been telling scary stories. I will recount a summary of the one that appeal to me most. It goes similarly to this:

There is a small village deep in the swamps of Hoopla that experienced a haunting of will-o'-the wisps during this time of year. The lights danced at the edges of the village, luring passersby into the swamps where they would become lost and never be seen again. (Such apparitions can be attributed to swamp gas, but I suppose ghosts do make for a better story.) Eventually, the villagers grew so desperate that they hired a travelling sword to track the wisps back to their source. The adventurer journeyed deep into the swamp and after a time, the villagers believed that the swamp had claimed another victim and that they would never see the adventurer again. Only one of those assumptions were true.

A youth in the village claimed that they had spotted something vaguely person sized and shaped looming in the marsh, though it had vanished back into the mists before they could get a closer look. At first the villagers believed that the youth was making it up, but soon more and more sightings were reported. The villagers worked themselves into a frenzy, but before they could decide what to do, it appeared before them. It was the adventurer from before, but they were changed, horribly so. Vines snaked around their legs, twisting up their armor, down their arms, and around their sword. Their armor was weathered and rusted, as though they had been subject to the swamp's harshness for years and years instead of a few weeks. Worst of all, their head was gone. In it's place, there was a carved pumpkin, with malevolent eyes that glowed with an eerie light. Then it disappeared, seemingly for good, though the very sight of it had caused many of the townsfolk to fall ill with shock. Though some say that the undead sword still wanders the swamps of Hoopla to this day...

This tale is majorly unrealistic, of course. But I feel that perhaps it is against of the spirit of Darkest Night to ask that these tales adhere to realism. Regardless, it certainly captures the imagination. I have included a drawing I did of the Headless Swordsman. Usually I limit myself to sketching only for research purposes but I could not get the images the story conjured in my mind out of my head. Drawing it helped, so I thought I might as well include it.

[Image: Zx3uynk.png]
no longer active
Spawn point #2

This letter is also full of sand, along with the added bonus of being slightly wet. Luckily the writing has stayed intact. 

I have to admit, I find this topic rather odd. Maybe that's because I am already scrap sensitive, maybe not. However I will answer it, as my complex companion is particularly intent on giving their own input in this.

I had no use for tech, however you may have been informed that I did send a request for some not quite fit for my own proportions. I have gifted Kringle the scrap tech, and she is incredibly grateful. Her arms are short and stubby, and it's difficult to put anything on head glass... head shield thing, so it took me a bit of time to consider what would work. Theater binoculars work wonders really for anyone with a hard time reaching their head. She was somewhat embarrassed when scrap fell off her after receiving this, Lumikki has taken special care of that scrap. If this breaks any rules I didn’t notice, than do note I myself could still use these but I don’t need to.
Also: Snow scrap. Possibly effected by spending so much time with Lumi? 

On the topic of tech, Lumi has their own that I think you may be interested in. They trap scrap within snow globe bows to use themselves, and deliver messages with scrap to wizards in their circle with snowglobes. Lumikki plays messenger, the snowglobes are an unassuming way of doing so. They have allowed me to send one of these snowglobes, which will hopefully be safe in its travels.

My first spawn point from my last update has since disappeared. I mentioned it dwindling, but it has entirely stopped at this point. Or I can’t find it. I was also unable to find any notable scrap in the area, so I don’t plan to focus on it.

The second spawn point was easier to find this time, I had the help of a local tcp couple who actually had a boat and knew how to get to the reef. Here I found, as mentioned last time, a wide variety of scrap. The dominant emotions I could find linked to this scrap is confusion, joy, and comfort, all linked to these cats welcoming each other and introducing them to the world. I must point out that while this area is scrap heavy, there is no real way for scrap to have initially caused this spawn point. Every cat I spoke to came after the spawn point was already settled. I do not believe scrap caused this spawn point, but I could see scrap keeping it flourishing. 

We traveled while I was writing this letter, which is what took me so long. We went back to where Lumikki was initially gong to take us in Hearth, which I have found out to be their brothers house. He was still not present, but scrap was. A lot of scrap. Some of it was obviously scrap he had collected, rain scrap if you are curious, but some was just from him. From whatever happened. No tcp though. Lumikki didn’t stay long, we went back to the beach.

Lumikki thinks tcp spawn to fill a void. They do not believe scrap makes tcp spawn, but they think it can keep them spawning. They think environments need cats to fill... empty spaces, and that highly concentrated areas of scrap have a lot of empty space to fill. A balancing act of sorts. That’s why Lumikki’s brothers house could be scrap heavy and have no cats, the reef could be scrap heavy due to cats, and the sewer died off due to no scrap or cats really keeping it afloat.

I’m unsure if any of this will actually be helpful. Maybe a while from now I’ll have more experience and be able to accurately say whether this is actually important or not, but at this point it’s really all I know. Lumikki promises that I will grow and learn, but I feel almost like I should have this together already. Let’s move on from this already. I’ll try to respond sooner.

Trevor

Along with this note comes a package, a fragile warning printed several times on the box. Inside, very carefully wrapped, is a snow globe. The base has bows engraved into it, and when shaken and examined, a memory plays out of Kringle hugging Trevor, presumably thanking him. The memory fades when the snow stops swirling, but shakes it repeats the effect. To anyone not scrap sensitive, this is a boring snowglobe, only filled with a pinch of sparkles and a handful of snow.

Give Me Your Coins
@chemtrails (cosmo)
DN-1-4
+5 for visual evidence!

@AceOfNothing
SP-1-2
+10 points for report submission
Another letter in similar condition as the first one arrives.

Hello Research Staff,
I write this letter after having safely arrived at my new home on Fallow’s Island. I… took a look at the scrap equipment you gave me and I must admit it scares me a bit that it can be fueled by my ability. After having stayed in my room for a few days and adjusting to live here I eventually… figured it’d be time to test the device, so I put on the goggles.

A few sketches are again attached with a paperclip, followed by a few more intended for later parts of the letter.
[Image: 630405921964556318_unknown.png]
[Image: 630405945100468232_unknown.png]

The goggles have a dark glass that I assume to be infused with something that makes scraps visible and a small plant attached to them. When I put them on i was surprised at the high amount of scraps in our apartment, but I suppose that is natural when someone lived in one place for a long time. I wandered around a bit mesmerized by the scraps and many emotions in these rooms, until I ran into Patches (the OBJ I now live with). They were curious what those goggles where and as I told them about them it turns out that they are actually familiar with scraps! They find them fascinating and pointed me at a (according to them) new scrap that I could use to test my equipment on.
    I first just held my paw against it, which caused me to feel the emotions attached to it, a bit of distress followed by excitement and happiness. Nothing more happened, so I tried to use my ability on the goggles, which allowed me then to also view the memories in the scrap (it was about the phone call from Floof to Patches in which they informed them that they found someone (me) to live with them). It was a bit… blurry, but regardless I managed to clearly understand the basics of the memory.

[Image: 632670852122673162_1_TCPdex_Research_Scrap_1.png]

I stopped using my ability after having successfully viewed the memory and took the goggles off. At that point I noticed that the plant on them began to wither, most likely due to my ability… This really, really scared me at first, but by now I figured out that the plant kind of absorbs my ability when I fuel the goggles with it and will recover when I let it rest for a few days. Without using my ability I can view scraps and feel the emotions attached to it, when using my ability I can also see the memories. I… did not use much of my ability though, so I don’t know how much more I’d be capable off with the goggles.

[Image: 630406634732126268_unknown.png]

The tests with the goggles are all I have for now, I’m sorry, I did not get around to looking for spawnpoints here yet. However Patches told me since they know a thing or two about scraps, that from past experiences, it is highly likely that they increase TCP spawn rates.
- signed Markus

Behind all the important resarch sketches there is are a few scribbles with a fancy handwriting on them.
"I allowed myself to add some sketches of my new resident, he did not see that I put them in, but I hope his friends will enjoy being able to see his happy face (I also brought him to a friend of mine that patched up most of the giant cuts in him, hence the stitches on his face)."
[Image: 632672753471848479_unknown.png]
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
@Pichi2214
SP-1-2
+25 points for visual evidence!
DN-1-1 (EMBER/INDIE)

Entropy says we’re going to a Darkest Night party hosted by Tonic! I had kind of assumed we would be celebrating in the Hollow but I must say I am really excited to finally see the Medical District up close! Entropy seemed less excited. They said Tonic’s been hosting this party for years but this is their first time attending as well. It says its usual Darkest Night tradition is to head far out from the Hollow towards the hills to look down at all the lights. When I asked why it wouldn’t be doing that this year it sort of sighed and said that Tonic had personally invited them and something about how “turning down a personal request from a friend gives more social anxiety than going to a party.” I’m going to do my best to make sure we both have a good time though! ]>D
DN-1-2 (EMBER/INDIE)

We're on our way to the Medical District now. Entropy and I are both wearing costumes. They are dressed as some sort of old-fashioned scarecrow, I think; it's a good look! I'm going as a stapler. Haha, um. Yeah. Here are pictures of us in our costumes!
[Image: 635650548342718465_indie_halloween_costume.png]
[Image: 635655791927623700_entropy2.png]
@chemtrails (ember)
DN-1-1
+5 points for special event

DN-1-2
+5 points for costume use!
+5 points for special event
DN-1-3

There were SO MANY different kinds of food at Tonic's place that honestly I found it a bit overwhelming. I know, me of all TCPs! But there were far more complexes than I was used to being around and even the most daring adventurer gets a bit daunted sometimes, right? Sometimes feeling you've bitten off more than you can chew is part of the adventure, and that's definitely how I felt at this party.

Since none of the food was something that I could eat, I decided my favorites by appearance instead. The caramel apples were very tasty looking though I'm sure the caramel would really hurt my jaw super bad if I tried to take a bite. The lights from the fancy chandeliers reflected in the caramel in a way that was very pleasant to look at. There were also little candycorns scattered on the table, more like decoration than food. Still nice! Here's a picture.

[Image: 636430601812967427_caramel_apple.png]
[Image: tumblr_pf5w4d8u371tckf0go1_250.gifv] [Image: tumblr_pf5w4d8u371tckf0go2_250.gifv]