Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with the Spooky Cards
[GLACIAL_HYDRAULICS]

Heyo. Not '100%' sure if I'm in the right spot or not, but usually this sort of thing is kinda spooky to people. I think.
Always been a fan of physical media and I've been meaning to try some new stuff, so long story short.
Gonna try doing tarot readings upon request, for fun. Kinda vaguely getting to the season this stuff's popular too right? I don't know.
Please don't fact check me. I'm just some cat on the internet.

No idea whether or not there's really meaning in any of this, but I still think it's fun to interpret things so I think this'll be neat.
I'll get back to this whenever I do after I get a req.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]:

shoot, why not, go for it
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[GLACIAL_HYDRAULICS]

Oh this. Is kinda funny.

First card is the Magician...given the whole, topic of this forum I think that's neat.
So, manifestation, skill. Magic and practical skill hand in hand. All in all pretty positive vibes there, I'd say.

Eight cups...honestly cups in that many amount makes me think of chemistry and potions. Not really, what the cards are interpreted as usually but I think it's fun to think of. Or maybe a cup stacking challenge.

More on topic though...moving on, disillusionment, walking away from a troubles. While the reason for having to distance might be bad, the act itself is pretty good.

and... The Devil. really spookytime themed pull today, it seems
hmm- Unhealthy bindings, restrictions, ties and the like. A need to push free or leave.

At first glance, seems like a bit of a mixed bag. Lot's of things tend to be that though. I'd wager most of life, is mixed bags.

but actually, the overall story seems to be a nice one. Something about actualization through skill and manifesting the best outcome, overcoming negative ties and chains and distancing from the negatives. Pretty good, I'd think.
[VOID_COWBOY]: No offense meant Glaci, I just don't get it. Don't know shit about tarot. how do you fucking get anything from cards? I'm tryin my best to read your explanation for Digi's reading but it's 2+2=fish up in my brainspace rn. I'd apreciate it if you dumbed it down to baby's first tarot explination for my dumbass.
[GLACIAL_HYDRAULICS]

You must take the cards and fold them into little origami shapes. Only then will you find the meaning you're looking for...

...is what I would say if I wanted to be very silly. Anyway, as far as I understand it, basically it's sorta like having pieces strewn about and trying to find a connecting narrative between them. An odd ink stain on concrete. A scratched up fork, left behind. A lingering scent of lime and smoke. So, uh. Yeah.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]:

huh...that's...honestly really interesting, thank you! i can definitely see how it'd relate to my current situation, tho it's hard to say how much of that is just me reading into things too hard...

thanks a bunch!
[GLACIAL_HYDRAULICS]

No problem. All I know for sure is that reading into things means you're a nerd. This inherently makes me a terrifyingly high level nerd, on the golden throne of reading too much into everything that has ever existed. I probably have a little thorny golden crown too. Maybe even a sceptre with a little amethyst in it that glows.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]:

hehe, that's fair!

...would it be okay to ask for a reading for a little friend of mine? its name is wiggles.
[GLACIAL_HYDRAULICS]

Sure thing!
Alright, Ten of Pentacles Reversed, Page of Pentacles, and the Ace of Cups. This means there's a bunch of coins in a cup. Hm...

First, to ToP things off...oh um. This one can be instability, insecurity, breaking with traditions, making a new start, unexpected changes. That, could be good, bad, both, neither...

Page. (not of book). Good news in matters like finance, education, health, or business? Okay. Seizing opportunities and making the right decisions. Starting something new?

Ace of Cups. It means you can. hold a lot of coins. Happiness, emotion...new starts of compassion and empathy. Good news or a good time for friendship and creative endeavors.

Seems like all in all your pal wiggles might be having some roughness with new things and change, but has the opportunity to experience something new and fulfilling in multiple ways. So, all in all pretty cool.
[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE]
This kinda thing fascinates me. I see DIGITAL_HORROR got a reading for wiggles - you think I could get one for my pal, Pally?
I don't buy into this kinda thing much, usually. But I liked what you said about threadin a narrative together.
[GLACIAL_HYDRAULICS]

Of course!

Looks like Pally got... Knight of Pentacles Reversed, Queen of Pentacles, and The Magician Reversed.

Alright first up Knighto, hm. Looks like the vibes are recognizing the futility of wasting effort or resources on things that aren't working out, the flaws of sticking to routines that don't work, and similar things.

Next up...a healthy balance of personal matters and work, practicality, independence and prosperity?

Magician reversed...issues with manifesting goals or ideas into reality.  Potentially remedied with another approach or confidence.

Alright, bit of a mixed bag but. The thread that seems to tie these three together is a need to re-evaluate what's going on, and to consider how they can move forward or achieve what they want. Considering their situation more fully, and potentially have more say and control over their own life.