Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MORBIT] [RP] Broken Brush
[Image: Broken_Brush.png]
Welcome to the Broken Brush chatroom, my fellows, you find yourselves at the precipice of a room where you can connect with fellow creators of all sorts, be they writers, artists, musicians, etc.

Now there are a few rules. 
Please conduct yourself respectfully, lest I smite thee.
Offer criticism that is constructive not worthless mockery.
If you are attempting to post your content for viewing, please wait until the discussion has passed on the previous piece, and it is not required, but it is good form to comment on the piece you are following.
Please direct any commission related discussion to personal correspondence, as to not clog the chatroom.

Icons are not required but can be changed in the settings panel at your leisure, enjoy yourself, and share responsibly.
- [INKED_TYPEWRITER]

[This is a casual, low commitment RP for characters who are in-universe creators of some kind. 
Examples of in-universe art are not required but are really cool and we'd all love to see it.
Have fun!]

[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png][INKED_TYPEWRITER]: There! All setup.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png][INKED_TYPEWRITER]: I hate these infernal devices, the keys are way too square.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: You'd think they'd have made a proper typewriter-style keyboard for these things by now.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: Let me begin us all with some poetry.

[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: In painted whispers,
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: I leave my secrets.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: Squirreled away,
​​​​​​​[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: On sinew and skin.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: Whims on the wrist,
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: And chats on the chin.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: Tattooing,
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: A temporary art.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: For me.
[Ace_of_Snakes]: Oh what's this? Artists huh? I do some writing, im not that good... But it counts, right?
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png][INKED_TYPEWRITER]: Oh absolutely! All writing counts!
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png]​​​​​​​[INKED_TYPEWRITER]: Even the words you write in your head and never once commit to paper.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[Ace_of_Snakes]: Lol paper, as if.
[Ace_of_Snakes]: I use a keyboard and word processor like anyone born in the last hundred years
[Ace_of_Snakes]: fiction, mainly. Done some wiki editing in my time, but there's nothing I like more than a good story.
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: oomigosh a art thread!!
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: is it ok if i posrt mainly flip art? im kinda obsessed haha
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[Ace_of_Snakes]: Wow, flip art, that brings me back.
[Ace_of_Snakes]: Used to do an rp, feels kinda cringy in retrospect, but that's more because of how I behaved myself at the time then the situatoin itself.
[Ace_of_Snakes]: I'd love to see some of your art @fireflipgiirl87
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: oh you used to rp?? me too!
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: the most recent pics ive drawn of rey here have been vent pieces though so ill just post her ref
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]:but first!! i dont want to skip past your poem ink!
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: i dont really get it but it sounds kool!
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: (which is extra cool cuz it has a k)
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: here's rey, be nice to her shes testy
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: [Image: rey.png]
[Ace_of_Snakes]: can I ask about the socks?
[Ace_of_Snakes]: like, those are socks right? does she, uh, walk outside with only socks?
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Uh. Hey
[SPINNING-YARNS]: You can probably guess what I do based on my name
[SPINNING-YARNS]: I'll show you guys sometime
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Glad you guys aren't getting into some deep shit like the last chat I tried to join
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: oh certianly! she wears her socks and hoodie al the time becuz she really likes being comfy and is usually pretty chillax (unless someones being rude to her firends >:| )
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: but she can gilde and fly with her fins so its not like they get really dirty or anything
[Image: unknown.png][fireflipgiirl87]: and id love to see whatever u make yarns! and im sorry to hear that that last chat was uncomfrotable for u!!
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: idk if my art would be worth posting but uh, hey
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: you can call me crit, i make critters
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: this isn't my usual hangout but i figure i should branch out a little and see if i can get some attention elsewhere too.
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: ...shit that sounds super shitty sorry.
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: im sure ur art is worht posting!!
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: wut kinda critters do you make?
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: [Image: k8Z5YYy.png]
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: [Image: GCpG76F.png]
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: these i guess
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: i have some more based on some sculptures i made for darkest night too
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: OOH MY GOSADW!
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: AIKNEB<LWBMBEK
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: thsose are fraikign aDORABLE
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: can i draw them??
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: ho many of them have you made??
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: uhhh like
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: 80 or something
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: i do them on commission for people on the forum for TCPs that i go to and then sometimes just because i have ideas for them
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: they're not super special
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: you can draw them if you want though
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: [Image: 255-DN002.png]
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: [Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: ok so i may have copied ur pose sorry
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: but!!! babby!
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: pls post more when umake them i love them so frigging muhc i just wanna hug them
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: oh uh wow
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: i actually really love this thank you
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: im not used to fanart 
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: like i get commissions and all but its usually just people putting them in their forum signatures and calling it good
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: thank you
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: no problemo crit!
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: really glad my crummy doodle britghened ur day ^-^
[Ace_of_Snakes]: @CRITTER_CATCHER oh wow! are you a fan of the collectable critter game genre? I've been trying some more obscure titles lately because the big names have been coasting on good will and nostalgia and haven't been putting in the effort lately.
[Ace_of_Snakes]: OH woops, should probably stay on topic
[Ace_of_Snakes]: Maybe I can get some help with worldbuilding. I'm building a fictional magic system that uses a kind of yin yang positive negative system. each 'element' in the system has an opposite. such things as cold and heat, light and darkness, that kind of thing. Trying to think of more pairs, and also find an opposite for electricity? maybe I'll drop that one or fold it into another aspect.
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Sorry I had to take a break from the internet for a while but I'm good now
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Let me show you something I made earlier
[SPINNING-YARNS]: My camera sucks

[Image: n5p3z8K.png]
(out of character, but electricity has negative and positive charges, right? maybe you could work with that?)

[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: oh that looks really cool yarn!!!
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: i cant tell how big it is really from the picture but it definitely dfeinitelty looks hugable
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: could u make one of my oc?
[SPINNING-YARNS]: These are really time consuming for me to make because of issues I have with like
[SPINNING-YARNS]: My hands/wings
[SPINNING-YARNS]: So I only do them on commission sorry
[SPINNING-YARNS]: It's about 6 inches tall but I can make bigger ones sometimes
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: o thats ok
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: i keep forgetting other artists have commsiions and stuff
(OOC: The behavior of any character of mine does not necessarily reflect my own.)
[Ace_of_Snakes]: ok ignore me that's fine
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: i wasnt purposly ignoring u, i just dont know how to help!
 [Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: electrcity is like shreds, right? maybe there opposite could be like, acraps or something?
[SPINNING-YARNS]: I don't know anything about worldbuilding sorry
[SPINNING-YARNS]: Please don't try to guilt people into replying to you
[Ace_of_Snakes]:I'm sorry, I'm just angry.
[Ace_of_Snakes]:I feel like my work doesn't matter. 
[Ace_of_Snakes]: @fireflipgiirl87 That's not how that works. that's like saying a donut is the opposite of sugar. I apriciate the imput tho
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: uhhh awkward time to post and its been a bit since anyones posted here but 
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: its kind of a rough day for me and i wanted to know if anyone wanted, like...
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: a critter art request? or something?
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: just give me a theme and i'll whip something up
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: i don't do this often so don't take advantage okay
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: oh oh can I have a manta ray like creature?? or maybe a butterfly?
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: than you for doing this too i luv luv luv ur art!
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png][INKED_TYPEWRITER]: How about a creature made of ink?
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png][INKED_TYPEWRITER]: That feels appropriate.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png][INKED_TYPEWRITER]: Its very kind of you to offer, CC.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[CRITTER_CATCHER]:[Image: vf3euyL.png]
[CRITTER_CATCHER]:[Image: AbegYOs.png]
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: hope these are ok
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: ASDFSDGJKN U DID SO GOOD THAKN U!
[Image: unknown.png] [fireflipgiirl87]: i gotta draw this wehen i get home
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png][INKED_TYPEWRITER]: Oh its delightful.
[Image: Linkmoor_icon.png][INKED_TYPEWRITER]: May I print it out and hang it up?
[SPINNING-YARNS]: I saw your post but i was having trouble thinking about it
[SPINNING-YARNS]: what about a little beetle like a scarab?
[Flower_Floof]: oh my gosh this is really cute!!! love those critters...
[Flower_Floof]: for some reason like the only theme my brain gives me is spider with feathers, if you want you can draw that but don't feel like you have to!! :o
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
[Ace_of_Snakes]: Is there a word for feeling like your work will never amount to anything and you're garbage?
[Ace_of_Snakes]: I feel like some psycholigist somewhere has come up with something.
[Ace_of_Snakes]: Anyway guess how I'm feeling?