Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ARCADE SESSION: REBOOTED
#51
Say hi real quick and then move on, gotta get that egg back to base.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
Reply
#52
say hello and ask what there doing back here. we're kinda busy but maybe we can multitask.
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#53
[Image: 060.png]

Echo briefly turns to Clemont before continuing towards the base.

Oh, hey Clemont. I can't talk for too long, I've been carrying this thing for a while and it's starting to get heavy. Let me drop it off at my base real quick. This is Tamaru, by the way.
...Hi.
Oh, I know Tamaru, he's the shy one from the village.


Clemont tilts his head, giving Echo a skeptical look.

Uh... Is that egg yours?
Well...


...Is it? You don't actually know where it's from, but you did beat up a knocker for it. Tamaru looked as if he was about to say something before Clemont spoke, but he's staying quiet now.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#54
maybe something like “we found it somewhere it definitely didn’t belong so we decided to take it back with us. if you know who’s it is we’d be happy to return it though!”
Reply
#55
Yeah say that. Tell Clemont they can have it if they want.
Oh right we have signatures
Reply
#56
"it's not ours but until we know for sure whose it is, we're keeping an eye on it. if you know, can you help us find them?"
insist that if they know who the egg belongs to, that they take us to them. we only meet Clemont twice, and we really don't know if we can trust there player.
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#57
I don't know whose it is, we're going to keep an eye on it until we find the owner. If you know who it belongs to, could you take us to them, please?
Well, you're in luck then- that there egg is ours.
Sorry about the test. My player seems to do a lot of checks like that, haha...
Test?
I mean, if you had said the egg was yours, you'd be lying.
And that would mean we can't trust you, not a bit.
...Oh. I guess that makes sense.


Echo passes the egg to Clemont, who eagerly accepts it. He gently sets the egg down next to him for now.
 
[Image: 061.png]

You have to be careful out here. Hasn't anyone told you about enemies yet?
...I think I found one already, actually. Enemies are things that try to hurt you, right?
Really? You found a cat ready to throw down already?
What's a cat?
I'm a cat, you're a cat, we're both cats! Tiny cat people, TCPs!
Oh, right! No, I'm pretty sure it was something else.
It was a little growly thing that had a pile of stuff. Your egg was in there.
AH! That!
You scared me for a second there.


The two stare at each other for a few moments before Tamaru pipes up.

...May I see your base now, please?
You go on ahead. Oh- thank you for returning my egg safe and sound!
Oh, no problem! Honestly I'm glad I found you, I don't know what I was going to do with this thing.


Clemont chuckles a bit at that, picks his egg up, and exits to the left. Echo, meanwhile, enters the code to the gate and leads Tamaru through. Tamaru watches, fascinated.
 
[Image: 062.png]

As soon as the two of them step inside the base, the golem makes an angry noise before lurching towards Tamaru.

STOP! Don't hurt him. He's a friend.

The golem stops in its tracks. It lets out a heavy metallic sigh before returning to its idle state. Tamaru looks like he's about to jump out of his skin.

Sorry about that. Trinket made it after the knocker attacked our base. It's set to attack anything it doesn't recognize.
...T-trinket made that?
Yup. You can have a look around if you like! Nothing here will hurt you.
Okay.


Tamaru is (understandably) hesitant, but he begins walking around, taking everything in while making sure to maintain a good distance from the golem, which hasn't moved at all since its outburst.

May I go inside?
Sure! I'll introduce you to Opal and Pumice.

 
[Image: 063.png]

Echo calls Opal over with a shrill squeak. Opal bounces into the room, nearly knocking Echo over with excitement before noticing Tamaru. She sniffs Tamaru's hand for a few moments before rubbing her head against his hand, purring.

This is Opal! She's something called a generic animal companion.

Tamaru laughs.

What?
You do know what those words actually mean, right?
Which words?
'Generic animal companion'. Generic means it's sort of like a blank slate that could be interpreted as any type of animal. So instead of making you a cat or a dog or something, Trinket made you a generic animal companion.
Well, I still like her! She's friendly.
Oh, I didn't mean to offend! I just thought it was funny. Who's this?


Tamaru points to Pumice, who has just walked in to see what all the excitement was.

That's Pumice, the mole. He's a bit more mellow, but he's still nice.

To illustrate Echo's point, Pumice simply sits in his spot on the couch, eyeing the group. Tamaru frees himself from Opal's embrace and gently pats Pumice on the head. Pumice doesn't respond much, but he seems content.

While the group continues to play and joke around, you can't help but feel a twinge of fear at Clemont's words.

You found a cat ready to throw down already?

There are five players out there, including you and whoever Clemont's player is. Not all of them are going to be friendly, you think. Suddenly the scene before you feels a lot less cozy. Should you let them keep playing for now, or is it time to get serious?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#58
Aw, let the babies rest for a little bit.

>GIVE: blanket pile.
>GIVE: pillow fort.
[Image: 46L7SNf.png]                         [Image: AccxU29.png]
~Calyx
Reply
#59
There’s not much we can do right now without knowing anything about the other players, so it’s no good worrying about what they might be like. Let them play.
Reply
#60
let them play for now, but in secret start making some stuff for surveillance.
make a security cameras, long range motion sensor, heat vision goggles. once the playdate is over, teach Echo how to use this stuff.
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#61
>GIVE BLANKET PILE, PILLOW FORT

Tamaru jumps as the blankets and pillows appear next to him.

Wha- Where did those come from?!
Oh, Trinket must've made them for us to play with. Thanks, Trinket!

 
[Image: 064.png]

You smile a bit at that, but your mind is still on more serious matters. Not knowing much about the other players, there's not too much point in panicking right now, besides, everyone looks like they could use a bit of a break now that Topaz is back. However, there's no real reason you couldn't make some things to get ready...

>CREATE: SECURITY CAMERAS, LONG-RANGE MOTION SENSOR, HEAT VISION GOGGLES

The security cameras and motion sensor are automatically hooked up to the TV upstairs. A dial also appears on the TV, allowing the user to switch between security feeds- or the game console. Not having someone to operate the controls for you, you have no idea how well any of these things are actually working, but there's time for that later.

Echo, Tamaru, and Opal burst into the upstairs rooms, with Echo leading. 

So this is the entertainment room, in here I've got a TV with a game console hooked up to it-
A what?


Echo begins explaining what the heck a TV is to Tamaru, and after a while the two of them are playing SUPER ACTION FIGHTER. Echo is winning most of the matches, but Tamaru is learning surprisingly quickly for someone who just picked up a controller for the first time in his life about fifteen minutes ago.

You watch contentedly. At least there's nothing bad happening right now, everyone probably needs a bit of time to relax after-
 
[Image: 065.png]
 
The golem suddenly goes into attack mode out of nowhere and runs off the screen to the NORTH with surprising speed. No one inside seems to have noticed.
 
...What now?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#62
oh gosh okay i think we need to go check this out. im mostly concerned that someone friendly might be being attacked by the golem because it wandered into range. we should tell echo that something activated the golem and while we have no idea of what activated it was actually dangerous or not, we need to make sure it isn’t attacking someone totally innocent who just wandered into our territory... she should bring her weapons/gear just in case though.
Reply
#63
Echo has to pause that game and check those cameras.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
Reply
#64
Maybe we should made something a bit less defensively pre-emptive than that golem. Oh well.
We can't really ignore it, so Echo should go check it out, although we should tell her calmly. Man, it would be really convenient if there was a way to look at locations without needing to have our tcp in the same screen as them, hmm...
Oh right we have signatures
Reply
#65
Hey Echo, I don't mean to interrupt, but something just set off the golem. Would you mind switching the TV over to the camera feed and checking it out?
The what?
I added a few things while you two were playing. There should be a dial on the side of the TV.
Oh, this thing! Hang on a sec, Tamaru, we need to pause for a bit.
Oh, okay!


Tamaru pauses the game, and the two fighters freeze in midair. Echo turns the dial, and a feed of the inside of the base is shown. After turning it a few more clicks, you can see the golem standing at the north edge of your base, back in its idle state.
 
[Image: 066.png]

What's that?
It's called a security camera, I made it while you two were playing. You use it to watch things happening far away.
It's called a security camera, Trinket made it while we were playing. You use it to watch things happening far away.
Oh, cool! So what's happening now?
It looks like the golem saw something, but it went away...?
I think you can rewind the feed. Try using the controller.
Right. Let me just...


After some fiddling, Echo manages to rewind the feed a minute or so. Sure enough, the golem ran straight at the north wall, only to stop just at the edge. Echo rewinds it again and switches to a view just outside the base. Something flew towards the north wall, hovered there for a moment, and left again.
 
[Image: 067.gif]

Uhh... Trinket, did you make that?
...No. I don't even know what that is.
Is there any way to get a better look at it?
I think you should be able to zoom in a bit, but the resolution won't get any better.
The what?
...Nevermind.


Echo freezes the footage and zooms in on the creature, and before long she's able to get a fairly decent image of it.
 
[Image: Glider_Large.jpg]

...Now what?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#66
CREATE: Cross Bow Turrets
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
Reply
#67
Uhhh that's a bit pre-emptive and would look pretty hostile to observers. It would also probably freak out Echo a bit. If you're going to make something like that, make it hidden, or at least more innocuous-looking.
What about:
>Create sign at entrances to our base, politely asking newcomers to not enter until they tell us who they are (does the camera pick up sound, idk).
Oh right we have signatures
Reply
#68
>Create intercom so people can tell us who they are.
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#69
>CREATE: CROSS BOW TURRETS

A large, mounted crossbow turret appears at either end of your base. They seem to be manually driven- that is, a TCP would have to get behind there and operate it themselves. It occurs to you that these turrets aren't innocuous in the slightest. In an effort to try and make things seem a little nicer, you create some more things to go with them.

>CREATE: INTERCOM, WELCOME NOTE

There. That should make things a bit better.
 
[Image: 069.png]

Echo switches back to the current feed of the inside of the base, and does a bit of a double take. While she doesn't know what the crossbow turrets you just made are exactly, she does know enough about sharp pointy things to realize they probably aren't good.

Oookay. I think it's about time we took you home now, Tamaru.
...Are those spears?
Kind of! I think! Anyway, it was really nice playing with you, and I'm glad you had a good time-
Why did Trinket make spears?
I will discuss that with them once you're home safe.
Echo, are you worried about something?
Nope! I just think it'd be a great idea for you to head home as quickly as possible, and Trinket and I are going to come with you to make sure you're safe.
Wait, Echo, I never agreed to-
AND TRINKET AND I WILL GO WITH YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE SAFE.
...Something's going on, isn't it?

 
[Image: 070.png]
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#70
we saw... something...
we don't know what it was and just in case it's dangerous, we're prepping to defend our base.
also there not spear's, that's a crossbow.
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#71
Sorry Echo I don't know what I'm doing all that well. We did see something scary-looking approach and then leave though.
um. Are there any modifications to the base you think we should make? I should ask for your input more when doing stuff, sorry about that.
Oh right we have signatures
Reply
#72
Sorry about that, I saw something kind of scary-looking approach and leave.
I saw the same thing you did, and honestly I don't disagree with your choice to make sharp pointy things! It's just that this isn't a good place for Tamaru to be in.
...What are you talking about?
Sorry, I should be asking for your input more often... Is there anything you think we should make, Echo?
Uhhh... I dunno! Right now we need to get Tamaru back home as soon as we can.
Are you talking to Trinket?
Also, those are crossbows. Not spears.
Crossbows?
What?
It's a thing that shoots pointy sticks. The string pulls back on the limbs, which stores potential energy in order to-
You can explain it to me later. Come on, Tamaru.
...Okay???

 
[Image: 071.png]

Echo continues escorting Tamaru out of the base... Well, half escorting and half shoving, really. She's heading for the SOUTH GATE fast, with or without your permission. If you want to do something while you're still in the base, you've only got a few moments- or you could try telling Echo to slow down a bit.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#73
honestly we should extend the railroad to the kobold house, make it easier for transportation to and from the base. maybe a communicator so they can contact us if they get in trouble so we can rush over asap. that and a bunker they can hide in if things get to dangerous... what do you think Echo?
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#74
also we should let Tamaru know something's happening.
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#75
i kind of want to make some kind of helpful pet guardian thing to go with them.
>Create: friendly and protective bat
actually with all these animals i feel like teaching Echo some animal related skill would be a good idea. She doesn't have any, does she? I don't remember what skills she has, so
>Teach Echo: animal care
>Check Echo
Oh right we have signatures
Reply
#76
>CREATE: GUARDIAN BAT
>TEACH ECHO: ANIMAL CARE
 
[Image: 072.png]

Tamaru startles at the bat popping into existence next to him, and Echo has a moment of existential crisis before shrugging it off. She quickly wriggles her way out of the PROSTHETIC ARMS, their battery now fully depleted, and goes back to hustling Tamaru out the door. As the two exit the base, you propose the idea of creating some fortifications for the kobolds. Echo says she'd have to ask the kobolds about that first, and right now whatever's outside is the more pressing matter. You also suggest maybe filling Tamaru in on recent events- the poor kobold is growing increasingly confused and distressed.

...Yeah, I guess I should.
Should what?
What's going on is there's something weird flying outside our base for some reason. Trinket and I are concerned it might be bad.
...Like the gemstealer?


Gemstealer? You realize the kobolds must have given the knocker a name of their own, since they have no clue what it actually is. Echo seems to go through a similar thought process before responding.

...Kind of like that, yeah. It's hard to expl-
Could you please just try? You're scaring me.
...Sorry. I just didn't want you to get hurt, and it's faster to just get you home rather than try and talk my way through everything-
Forget it. You're just like Orkahm.


Tamaru punches in the code and begins walking south without Echo. He figured out how the door works and remembered the code just by watching Echo do it? He catches on quick, you think to yourself.

Wait! What do you mean by that?
Orkahm always treats me like I'm a baby. He never wants to tell me anything because he's afraid I'll get scared or something. And I do get scared! I get scared a lot. But it's even scarier not knowing, and getting shoved around like I'm some delicate little flower that has to be hidden and protected and-


Tamaru sighs, collecting himself.

...Sorry. You probably have no idea what I'm rambling about.
No, I get it.
You do?
Trinket treated me the same way for a while. We had just gotten back from an adventure and found our stuff ransacked, and Trinket sort of panicked. She kept making me all these nice things inside the house, and then making all these protective things outside, and it all just felt wrong.
What did you do?
I did basically the same thing you're doing right now. I told Trinket to stop it, and I explained why, and she did. And then we went and rescued Topaz together, but that's a different story. What I'm saying is, we worked it out. And I think if you tell Orkahm what he's doing the same way you told me, you'll be able to work things out with him.
...Maybe with a bit less shouting, though.


Tamaru chuckles at that.

...Yeah. Anyway, um...
Right, sorry. So you know that thing we saw on the camera?
Yeah?
Trinket and I are worried it might have come from another group like us.
...Like you?
Yeah. One person like me running around, and one invisible voice thingy that can create anything.
...And if Trinket can make sharp pointy things and metal monsters, then so could the other voice.
Right. And we don't know how many of them are out there-
...There's five total, I think.
-Trinket says there's five, including her.
That's a lot.
It is. So we need to get you home and safe before anything else shows up.


...That went a lot better than you expected. You thought for sure you would have to step in, but Echo handled it great. The two of them are still talking as they walk briskly towards the kobold village, but you're confident all the important stuff is out of the way.
 
[Image: 073.png]

>CHECK ECHO
 
[Image: 074.png]

Echo is a BAT TYPE TCP. She is currently feeling bad that she treated Tamaru like she did, but she is mostly just relieved that she is no longer doing so. She is also experiencing a strong sense of urgency to return Tamaru to his home. Echo's health is currently at its maximum of GREAT.

You type /skills, and you're met with this string of text:

Echo's current skills are: speech, kindness, morality, spelunking, reading, writing, mining, mining safety, train use, train care, prosthetic use, appraisal, knock knock jokes, puns, echolocation, cartography, geology, investigation, stealth tactics, stun gun use, teaching, breathing exercises, tracking, animal care

It seems like the two are making good time towards the kobold village. Is there anything else you want to say or do before they get there, or should you wait? Remember, you can no longer CREATE or TEACH now that you've left the base.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#77
make sure to thank tamaru for his hospitality towards echo- if she's okay with passing it on, that is
[Image: TCP%20customs.png]
Reply
#78
echo, keep an eye out for ANYTHING weird or off and Let us know rightway if you do. we'll be sure to do the same. oh, and be sure to thank tamaru for coming over when we get him back to the village!
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#79
You tell Echo to thank Tamaru for his hospitality. Echo is confused by your phrasing, but repeats for you anyway.

Oh! You're welcome.
Um. What am I supposed to look at when I'm talking to Trinket?
I don't know. Up, I guess?
Oookay?

You're welcome, Trinket. Echo's a good person to talk to, and I'm glad she's here. She seems really patient with me not knowing anything about her world.

 
[Image: 075.png]

The two of them arrive back at the village, and Tamaru knocks on the door.

Oh, you're back. Did you have a good time-
OH TAMARU YOU'RE BACK!!! TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!!
Taipu, calm down, you're going to overwhelm him.
Oh, okay. So were there more eggs? Because I remember something about Trinket making the egg, or was it the thing that had the egg? Or am I misremembering, because...


Taipu continues chattering like this in the background, but you focus on Orkahm instead.

Sorry. Did you have a good time, Tamaru?
Yeah! Yeah, I did. I actually wanted to talk to you about something.
Oh?
Yeah, it was, um...
Do you need some help, Tamaru?


Tamaru looks down for a moment before replying to Echo.

No. No, I don't. Thank you. You should head back and figure out what's going on with the flying thing.
Flying thing?
I'll explain later. See you around Echo, and thank you.
Uh... Okay. See you.


Echo turns to go, turning back to look at Tamaru for a moment. You can tell she doesn't want to leave him, but Tamaru seems much more confident now than when you first met him. He'll be fine.
 
[Image: 076.png]

Now that she no longer has anyone to escort, Echo flies straight back to the base, coming in for a slightly hasty landing in front of the padlock. Echo punches in the code and steps inside the base.

Alright, so the flying thing came from that direction, so we should probably gear up with whatever you feel is appropriate and go investigate. The prosthetic arms are at... Okay, they might need a little longer to charge, but I'll be fine without them for now. I'll go check the security camera to see if anything else happened while we were away.
 
[Image: 077.png]

Does that sound good to you, Trinket?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#80
should be fine.
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#81
Wait, the limit's changed! We might have a chance at a new TCP. It's no guarantee, but it could be worth a shot before we actually head out?
hahahaha

yeah
(to be updated later with links to where i'll put my tcps and such)
Reply
#82
say: it sounds okay to me echo! you are very good at planning these things out it’s cool. :-) however you should know that i now have the opportunity to try again in getting you another friend like you so i’m going to do that! i will do my best to get them comfortable and up to speed on my own but if you want to help out with that i encourage it! we’re a team so helping each other is what it’s all about!

spawn: puffy sticker type
Reply
#83
I want to explain a bit more about what to expect in the near future to Echo (although I'm not sure how much we-as-Trinket know about the game, I think it's their first time playing right?). Tell her that you think that flying thing was the creation of another person like us, and that there are five people (including us) in total creating stuff here. And hopefully we'll all be able to be friendly with each other, but we don't know for certain, so thats why we need to be cautious. We might be able to make another Tiny Cat Person right now, so if they appear, make sure to treat them nicely.
Oh right we have signatures
Reply
#84
spawn: Bodyguard type
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#85
Sounds good to me, Echo! However, you should know that I might have the opportunity to spawn you a friend- another TCP, like you. If that happens I'm going to do my best to get them up to speed on my own, but it'd be great if you could help with that! We're a team, so helping each other is what it's all about.
Oh! Okay.


You briefly consider spawning a bodyguard type, but the idea of a puffy sticker type sounds more appealing to you. Besides, the limit's only gone up by one- someone probably snatched it up already. Just to be sure, though...

/spawn puffy sticker
 
[Image: 078.png]

Oh! There it is!

The puffy sticker type looks around, confused. The way it moves is odd- the picture on the sticker is that of a TCP, but the shape of the sticker changes to fit the picture whenever the picture moves... but it also seems like the whole thing can bend and twist at will? It's bizarre. It stumbles and nearly falls on its back before catching itself and turning towards Echo.

Um... Hello?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#86
Name puffy sticker type: Hank
check: Hank
teach: chemistry, engineering, self defence, Science, the scientific method, Architecture, artistic theory, color theory, Painting
spawn: painters kit, chemistry set
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#87
Hello Hank and welcome to your new home! I'm Trinket and the tcp in front of you is Echo.
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#88
Name Puffy Sticker Type: Penguin
Check: Penguin
Teach: Just how to talk right now, we don't want to overwhelm them
Say: Give them a moment Echo, they just spawned- they don't know how to talk yet. I'm sure they'd love to get to meet you, just give them a bit of time to get situated.
Obligatory Ghost Plug --> https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Threa...ake-ghosts
Check it out! Help make some ghosts!
Unless you're seeing this in a help rin make ghosts thread.
Then uh. Whoops.
Reply
#89
agree with kc, let’s start with only speech. don’t want to overwhelm them!
Reply
#90
name: Pancake

i also second the teaching only to talk and welcoming to the world!
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~
 
[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
Reply
#91
good point. sorry, was excited. 
teach: talk
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
Reply
#92
Oh, it can't talk just yet. Give me a moment!
Oh, okay!


/name puffy sticker type Hank
/check Hank

 
[Image: Check_Screen_Hank.png]

Hank is a PUFFY STICKER TYPE TCP. They are currently feeling a bit OVERWHELMED by the number of things around them. There's just so many things to look at, and they can't seem to focus on any one specific thing. Thier health is currently at its maximum of GOOD.

/teach Hank speech


You briefly consider teaching them some other stuff, but just speech will do for now. Besides, they're a bit stressed as it is. All of a sudden, Hank disappears from the screen! Oh... Wait, no, they just turned sideways. Crisis averted.
 
[Image: 079.png]

...Hi.
Hello Hank and welcome to your new home! I'm Trinket and the TCP in front of you is Echo.
Hi!


Hank seems to calm down a tiny bit, but they still seem overstimulated by the sheer number of objects around them. They find a quiet corner and sit down, taking the TCP equivalent of a deep breath.

Are you alright?
Is there somewhere less... uh... cluttered... I can go?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#93
/Create simple soundproofed bedroom, simple bed, lights with dimmer options, solid wood door on the second floor.  

/talk
Just set up a nice quiet room for you hank, It's on the second floor, Echo can show you. Sorry about the clutter, we really should clean that up.

Hi, long time lurker first time poster(I think?)
Reply
#94
Trinket: dont forget to hydrate after a long session of gaming. Hydration is important.
/talk: Hold on everyone I am thirsty I will be back in a minute talk amongst yourselves. When I get back I will make a big hole to put things in! 
afterwards:

/create: bottomless pit
[Image: 7ypC3K8.gif]
Reply
#95
creating a bottomless pit kind of seems like a bad idea. I would rather just create another room in the cave walls that's empty of anything. although, being sensitive to clutter could also mean Hank is claustrophobic, in which case this whole environment isn't that great for them.
>CREATE: smooth, unobtrusive cubic containers along the wall of the main room of the house. Tell Echo that we can't move the objects around ourselves (i mean unless we made a robot or something that could do that for us, but i feel like that would increase the tech level, and also might just cause more clutter) but putting the various objects scattered around into containers might make Hank feel more comfortable, although cleaning up isn't a pressing concern right now.
Oh right we have signatures
Reply
#96
Thankfully, you brought a bottle of water with you when you came in. You've been taking sips from time to time.

/create soundproof bedroom, containers, storage room

Hey Hank, I made a room for you that should be a bit better for you. It's upstairs, Echo can show you.
Right. It's this way.


Echo leads Hank upstairs and quickly finds the new room. It's a pleasant purple color, and the floor is carpeted with a gentle tile pattern. There's a sliding switch for the lights and a simple bed. Echo closes the door behind them and Hank sits down on the bed.
 
[Image: 080.png]

...This is better. Thank you. Sorry for being... yeah.
It's okay! There's a lot of things here, and it was a bit hard for me too.
...Yeah...
Do you want me to step out for a bit?
...If that's okay. I'll come out in a bit, I just need to get used to, uh... things.
Okay.


You also notify Echo about the boxes and the storage area, and she takes a moment to go look.
 
[Image: 081.png]

This is good, we can put some of the stuff we're not using in there for later. Hey Golem?

The golem gives a small metallic grunt.

Can you load the broken petting machine, the lanterns, and the chair into these boxes?

The golem gives an affirmative grunt, and moves towards the broken petting machine first.

Neat, thanks. Okay, so um... Trinket? Do you think you can take care of Hank by yourself for a bit? I still think we should check out what that flying thing was.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle I will stab your feet

 
[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Reply
#97
/talk Echo
Not sure if that's a good idea, Echo. if you leave the base that means an adventure right? so even if we stayed with hank the most we could do is talk to them. sure we could keep them company, but you'd be out there on your own. I mean yeah we should figure out what that flying thing is, but I'm scared of you getting hurt.
Reply
#98
/create: mothy-talkie, a mothlie-shaped walkie talky that anyone can use to talk directly to Trinket, regardless of where the user is
/talk Echo
If you really want to go, take this mothy-talkie with you
/create nametag for golum that says "Frank Gollem"
[Image: 7ypC3K8.gif]
Reply
#99
I agree, but make that name-tag a pin. We have a brand to uphold.
Obligatory Ghost Plug --> https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Threa...ake-ghosts
Check it out! Help make some ghosts!
Unless you're seeing this in a help rin make ghosts thread.
Then uh. Whoops.
Reply
/talk Echo 
We'll keep an eye on them, we trust you. Get equipped and go your own way.

Take this action only if and after Hank has left their room
/talk Hank
Hey buddy, how are you doing?
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
Reply


[-]
Quick Reply
Message
Type your reply to this message here.
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
 

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)