Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUEST] PITCH SOL
> You turn back to Priority, and it has refocused itself on the road ahead, occasionally whipping the crop at the empty space in front of the cart. You clap your wings together and rub, trying to diffuse the nervous energy taking form in your stomach. 

"Well, I must say it's certainly nice to meet you Priority. I really appreciate the help, but I truly can't remember my name. I think it'll take time before I get that back. I'm really not trying to evade your question."

> Priority's shoulders seem to loosen up at that.

"Ising being a relief, wasing worrying you were being dangerous. Being powerful, names are."

> Priority is now [AT EASE]

"I'm glad I can soothe your worries." 

> You say, a twinge of sarcasm in your voice, as Priority could have simply explained so.

"So is there anything you can tell me of Wormwood? What sort of culture do they have there?"

> Priority thinks a moment, tapping an arm on its knee, or at least that's how you've come to interpret those particular limbs.

"Wormwood ising an old settlement. Ising one of the first places said to being building. Many Waywards ising saying to being coming through here and very few Amalgam."

> Priority shivers a bit at the last word.

"Wormwood ising a trading post of sorts, a crossroads. Many travelers and merchants ising meeting there, so Wormwood ising tending to being very friendly to strangers. You'll being able to be learning more there. Priority ising aware how hard it can being to understand."

> Priority rubs its head a bit, clearly embarrassed.

"We'll being arriving in town shortly." 

> You and Priority sit in silence for a little while, you'd approximate maybe about half an hour or forty-five minutes before you start to come into the town. 

> The first thing you notice is how open the air is around the town, the trees have clearly been long cleared away, fields of grasses and flowers in their place. This makes the bright, cloudless sky apparent above you, as well as the glaring, pitch-black sun hanging in the sky. The dark celestial object is surrounded by a bright white corona in contrast to its all-consuming blackness. The entire sight gives you a deep chill, paired with a sense of wrongness that shakes you to your core. You quickly turn away from the foreboding star and look towards the town you're heading into. 

> You're riding down what appears to be the main road of Wormwood, and at the end of it, you can see a bright market. The buildings around the road are clearly rural and constructed of the same wood of the woods around you, as well as Priority's cart. However, they are brightly painted with all sorts of colors, the town is a verifiable explosion of color against the dull, grey woods and the unnaturally bright sky, as if in rebellion against the drab outside of the town. As you ride into the town proper, you begin noticing elaborate murals painted on some of the walls, some merely artistic depictions of unfamiliar cities, landscapes, and people, and others functional, identifying bakeries, clothiers, and craft stores to name a few. Though you don't recognize many of the places and people in these murals, you can see a lot of love behind them, and you can definitely see what Priority means in saying this is a crossroads, it's evident that many people have been through here. That even extends to the well-worn paved road you've now begun to roll over. 

> While the buildings are astonishing, you feel the people are even more so, as you begin noticing all the people milling about the town. So many varied shapes and forms, all utterly unique in species. Their dress varies greatly, with all varieties of style and cut in every color imaginable. The din of people grows ever louder as you and Priority make your way towards the market.

> Priority stops the cart short, seemingly of its own accord, right before the market. Looking towards the building you've stopped in front of, it appears to be a tavern or inn of sorts, judging by the murals. A number of strong-looking individuals emerge from a side door and begin conversing with Priority, they speak quietly and shoot a wary glance to you sitting next to Priority's product.

> When they finish talking, Priority chuckles and waves a limb, dismissing whatever the main brute had said last. 

> Priority turns back to you.

"Ising time for you to being disembarking, they being going to unloading my product. Being going inside, Madame Hallow ising wishing to being speaking with you. Ising offering a room for the night, so you may being getting settling. You having being good company on the ride, when you being awake of course!"

> Priority chuckles.

"Ising glad to having being a friendly face."

> You hop down the cart and look up at the building, finally noticing the name of the tavern ahead of you. It reads "The Flawed Pony", with a comical depiction of some sort of taur-creature on the sign. You move up to the front door and it looms above you.

Do you go in or do you explore the market?

RELATIONSHIPS

Priority - Species Unknown - It/Its
[AT EASE] 
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
[QUEST] PITCH SOL - by victorianflorist - 01-18-2022, 04:58 AM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by skinstealer - 01-18-2022, 04:59 AM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by AceOfNothing - 01-18-2022, 05:03 AM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by King-Clod - 01-18-2022, 05:41 AM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by knux400 - 01-18-2022, 07:38 AM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by MarxzVulpez - 01-18-2022, 08:12 AM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by victorianflorist - 01-19-2022, 10:05 PM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by skinstealer - 01-19-2022, 10:05 PM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by King-Clod - 01-19-2022, 10:09 PM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by Ignispark - 01-19-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: [QUEST] PITCH SOL - by victorianflorist - 01-23-2022, 05:02 AM