Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative
SP-1-1: Where are the local spawn points?

Funny story, this one actually happened on the way back to Forceps' place. The spawn point in question appears to have been formed inside a large underwater geyser. Upon exiting the tunnel to investigate, it was found that various TCPs spawn in the bottom of the geyser, then are gently shot up into the water. The TCPs spawned are mostly types related to water, such as various sea creatures, coral, or kelp, although on occasion a seemingly random TCP type would emerge. All of them seemed able to swim after some flailing about, and most were happy to explore their new surroundings.

According to Forceps, it's located about three miles out from the southern coast of Bluster. It's really only accessible via their tunnel network, but I asked, and they'd be willing to let researchers in as long as they're good to the residents. It's visible from tunnel 21C, and there's a maintenance hatch not too far away that one could use to swim to it.

On the subject of Forceps' hospitality- it's not overly cozy, but all the basic necessities are there. It's a bit like living in a large hotel room, really- the space is designed to make efficient use of space without feeling cramped. There are a few generic decorations up on the walls (landscape paintings, pictures of trees, etc.) but Forceps says we can put up whatever we want as long as we don't do any damage to the walls themselves. I've left everything the same as it was, since I'm not planning on settling in one location for long.

-Petra

(there are two letters enclosed in the same envelope...)

SP-1-2: What is the correlation between spawn points and scrap activity?

I honestly thought there was some kind of mix-up when my package arrived in the mail, but then I saw the letter on top and realized what it was supposed to be. I guess someone at the R&D labs had a bit of a sense of humor when coming up with items "related to my typing". Anyway, the sword you sent me works pretty well, even if it takes some getting used to. When I hold it, it sort of pulls at me and leads me to the nearest scrap. When I get close, I can almost see it, except I can't see it, if that makes sense. I know where it is to the point where I can sort of imagine it being in my field of vision, but it's not actually there for me. If I actually touch the sword to the scrap, I can sense the memory inside- it sort of feels like when you suddenly remember something, like you forgot your keys or you left the oven on, but it's a new memory instead.

Anyway, I took the sword back to the geyser from the other day and observed the scrap activity there. It's pretty interesting, actually- shortly before a TCP spawns at the bottom of the geyser, there's a sort of miniature explosion as a new scrap is created and then pretty much immediately bonded to whatever TCP is spawned. Sometimes scraps will drift down from above and attach themselves to the newly spawned TCPs. The TCPs seem to have mixed responses whenever this happens- the third TCP I saw cut my research a bit short as it began sobbing uncontrollably and I had to console it. For privacy's sake, I decided not to look at the scrap that had affected it so much, although I can take a guess as to the nature of it.

Forceps and I took the TCP in, and thankfully we were able to find a good home for it among Forceps' other residents. I hope it's doing okay.

-Petra
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
[TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by skinstealer - 09-23-2019, 11:35 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 09-24-2019, 01:18 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 09-27-2019, 04:32 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 09-29-2019, 03:17 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by knux400 - 09-30-2019, 08:40 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by knux400 - 10-07-2019, 09:46 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by knux400 - 10-08-2019, 11:57 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 10-08-2019, 09:12 PM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 10-09-2019, 12:23 AM