Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
undersized dog people BETA v0.9e
At first, you feel nothing. Nothingness slowly gives way to a feeling of water, or, some liquid, rushing over you gently, which then gives way to a static feeling throughout your entire being. It strengthens, and grows, until it encompasses every ounce of your will, a powerful force of energy nearly tearing your very essence apart.
And then you feel nothing again.
But you hear a quiet, synthesized melody begin to play, a cute little tune.
But you see white text appear before you, like words on a screen, yet somehow so much more real.
But you feel a sense of urgency, something tugging your will forward, silently telling you to act.
But you know where you are.
...Kind of.

[Image: LpN29v7.png]

[Image: i11JoJ7.png]
plush toy
Mania

Our world should be a land of plateaus and temples. Terraced hills and lush greenery.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
Rat dog
[Image: 3DaQdhK.png]
Cloud
:3
Hey, what the heck is this cheap knock-off? I'm calling Wax!

>Teepee
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
...Tiny Cat Person type

And the world? Let's make it an infinite ravine, an endless pit with walls of marble.
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
>TINY CAT PERSON

[Image: en80IaT.png]

[Image: wYQPdsv.png]

With a powerful snap, a brand new TCP UDP forms in the void. Before you can start to take note of anything in front of you, a loud rumbling signifies something incoming.

>Terraced hills and lush greenery

[Image: Dh2fLUP.png]

A new world appears below the unnamed UDP's feet, which promptly causes them to fall over due to newfound gravity.

Please name your Tiny Cat Person type UDP!

A small UI appears in the bottom left corner of your view.

Chat (Global):
MeltingSnowcone: hey yall
ByteMe: Yo, what up?
MeltingSnowcone: this is like my 2nd game ever so uh
MeltingSnowcone: just lettin yall know in case i fuck somethin up lol
ByteMe: Oh, sure thing.
ByteMe: Who's the worldshaper this time around?
ByteMe: Gah, HereParalyzed STILL hasn't added a player list function.
MeltingSnowcone: well its not me
MeltingSnowcone: thankfully >-P
NAME: Whacks
CHECK WHACKS

Also, see if there's a HELP MENU available so we can see what the circles mean. Failing that, we should ask in chat.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

GIVE Whacks: Squeaky toy shaped like a candle
I second naming our little buddy Whacks.

Not sure if we can do this but-
> CHAT - Worldshaper here!
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
I like the idea of Whacks as the name!
Dri<3
Wait I've got it
CREATE: Undersized Dog People game manual written in English. (in god space, if we can.)
That way we can know what's different about this mod! And if it spawns in the world, just ... teach Whacks any written language besides English, I guess.
>NAME: Whacks
>GIVE Whacks: Candle Plush

[Image: GIfAPJH.png]

Whacks accepts your name by simply standing up. It looks really goofy as they attempt to figure out how their legs are supposed to function, but the artist wasn't willing to put in the effort to draw this. They seem to miss your candle gift, instead staring to their right (or your left?).

Now that you've named your UDP, you may now use commands! Here's a list to guide you:--

>CHECK: Whacks

Name: Whacks
Pronouns: He/Him
Type: Tiny Cat Person [LIVING]
Health: 50/50
Blue Ink: 100/100
Red Ink: 100/100
Ability: LIFEBLOOD LIBERATION - As a LIVING type, Tiny Cat Person type UDPs can expend 100 Blue Ink to enter a TRUE FORM that will end if they are harmed by an external force or at the user's will. This form grants them a second pair of arms, as well as allowing them to hover above the ground. When in their true form, they can expend 1 point of Health to gain 2 points of either Red or Blue Ink, and may do this as much as they want unless it would fatally harm them.
Mood: Curious and confused
Inventory: N/A

--NAME <Name> - Names your most recently spawned UDP. Since you've seen this, you've likely already used this command.[/i]
SPAWN <Noun> - For the cost of a UDP Token, spawns a UDP, assuming you do not already have an unnamed UDP waiting for a name. Same sentiment as above. Nouns for this command can be anything, including multiple words, as long as they refer to a singular person, place or thing. Except not people, as this command does not accept proper nouns. Sorry!
CHECK <Named Ally UDP> - Inspect a UDP's statistics, ability, inventory, and mood. Check your UDPs often to see how they are feeling!
CREATE <Anything> - Creates something. The limit of this command is your imagination! And also the amount of black ink you currently have. Inert objects don't cost anything, but anything with magical or otherwise impossible qualities, or that affects more players than just you, will cost an amount depending on what those properties are. You'll be prompted before you accept in case you can't afford it, so don't be afraid!
GIVE <Named Ally UDP> <Anything> - Functions similarly to the CREATE command, but targets a specific UDP.
TEACH <Named Ally UDP> <Concept to be Taught> - Teaches a UDP about a concept, such as how something works or what it means. Doing this costs the UDP being taught 20 Red Ink per concept, so be careful with how many things you teach your UDP! Remember that using this command isn't the only way to teach a UDP something.
SPEAK {Named Ally UDP(s)/All<Words> - Say something to a UDP, or to multiple/all of your UDPs. This action doesn't cost anything actually! As long as you don't say something silly, in which case it might cost you your dignity.
HELP - Pulls up this list again, in case you need a refresher.

If any of your UDPs' health drops below 1, they will die. Be careful to protect your UDPs from threats, hazards, and otherwise, as if you run out of UDPs, you lose the game and will no longer be able to participate.
UDPs can also choose to leave your team on their own. They can choose to re-join as well, if you decide to accept. They can also join other teams under the same condition. Make sure to keep your UDPs happy so this doesn't happen!

Whacks seems distracted by something. Curious yourself, you pan out...

[Image: iVEqZ8i.png]

I worked quite hard on this mod, so I hope it shows! Enjoy, and don't forget to have fun! -Sincerely, HereParalyzed

Chat (Global):
>Worldshaper here!

X

Please obtain a communicator to chat! You only have to do this once, in case you play again, so this is just to ensure a lack of spam.
say: hi whacks! i hope you’re settling in okay... can we get you anything?
TEACH Whacks: Speech
[Image: 3DaQdhK.png]
CREATE: Massive underground tunnel system spanning the entire map, open for all (feel free to veto me if this is too much)
GIVE: Throwing Cards
>TEACH Whacks: Speech -20 Red Ink
>SAY: "hi whacks! i hope you’re settling in okay... can we get you anything?"

[Image: PlYU12W.gif]

Whacks: "AH! WHO'S TALKING!?"
Whacks: "WHERE AM I?"
Whacks: "WHAT AM I?"

The ambient light starts to dim as darkness washes over the sky. Crystals sprout from the earth with a crackling sound, glowing a faint purple.

[Image: 4EVXXEl.gif]

Whacks: "AAAAA"

The ground shakes with a powerful force as something large forms within the distance.

[Image: lIdHiar.png]

You would probably enjoy this scenery shot a lot more if Whacks wasn't screaming so loudly.

World Features Created:

Torches
Night
Towers
Crystals
Lakes

The game has begun! Objective: Your team and potential ally teams must gather all 5 flags to win the game! Winner(s) get a badge on their profile and a secret reward at the end of the game! This match is being moderated by HereParalyzed, so play fair!

>CREATE: Undersized Dog People Manual (In Godspace)

You create the manual, but without a body you can't see where it is, or touch it for that matter.
You'll figure that out later, though.

>GIVE Whacks: Throwing Cards

A box of cards appears beside Whacks' feet, with text that reads "Intended for Throwing" on the packaging.

>CREATE: Massive underground tunnel system spanning the entire map, open for all

This action will cost 100 Black Ink. Are you sure? Y/N

Chat (Global):

HereParalyzed: Hope you guys are looking to win this one!
ByteMe: God dammit, Bolt. Why THIS game of any?
HereParalyzed: Hey! What did I say about using my actual name?
ByteMe: <---
MeltingSnowcone: pfft
MeltingSnowcone: so this match is special
HereParalyzed: Yep! I won't spoil what the reward is, but I'm certain whoever wins will like it very much.
AtomicOverdrive: Y0UV3 G07 MY 4773N710N
ByteMe: Please do not type like that. I can barely understand what you're saying.
AtomicOverdrive: 7H475 7H3 P01N7 L0L
PocketPromise: oh um.
PocketPromise: guess i gotta win huh? >=3
ByteMe: I mean we can all technically win, but then that comes into question who gets the prize?
HereParalyzed: In that case, you'll have to decide on that after the match. You'll all get the badge though! It's pretty snazzy.
PocketPromise: okay then! good luck, everyone! =3
AtomicOverdrive: GLHF
ByteMe: Still don't know who the worldshaper is, lol.
ByteMe: Might be a new player or something.
ByteMe: Still, glhf
No no no lets not make that then thats a LOT

say: Whoa there i didnt mean to startle you! please dont scream, we arent gonna hurt you : ( You're... somewhere? I m still figuring this whole thing out too! You're whacks and we care about you a whole lot. you're a tiny cat person type undersized dog person but I do NOT really get what that entails. we're in a bit over our heads here but everything is fine!!! we'll look out for you and make sure nothing bad happens as best we can so please dont be scared.
> N on the tunnels. Dont want to waste all that ink

> GIVE - Magician's armor, Dove Familiar
Huh. If I'm understanding correctly, it seems like Black Ink is used for creating complex or magical items, Red Ink is used for teaching UDPs concepts, and Blue Ink is for use of a UDP's abilities.

Since we have no clue yet how to recover ink of any kind, we should be careful with how much we use it.

>SPEAK WHACKS: Hey, it's okay! We're not going to hurt you. Think of us as kind of... a helper! To answer the rest your questions, you're a UDP or Undersized Dog Person. Right now you're in the middle of a terrace, but it might change into something else soon. We're not the ones creating the giant objects around you, but we did make the small toy next to your feet. That's called a candle and you can squeeze it or hug it if you're feeling stressed.

Is there anything else you'd like to know?

[ADOPTS]

Action cancelled.

>SAY: "Whoa there i didnt mean to startle you! please dont scream, we arent gonna hurt you : ( You're... somewhere? I m still figuring this whole thing out too! You're whacks and we care about you a whole lot. you're a tiny cat person type undersized dog person but I do NOT really get what that entails. we're in a bit over our heads here but everything is fine!!! we'll look out for you and make sure nothing bad happens as best we can so please dont be scared."

[Image: nNVQias.png]

Whacks: "AAAaaaahuh?"
Whacks: "Oh, um. Okay."

>SPEAK WHACKS: "Hey, it's okay! We're not going to hurt you. Think of us as kind of... a helper! To answer the rest your questions, you're a UDP or Undersized Dog Person. Right now you're in the middle of a terrace, but it might change into something else soon. We're not the ones creating the giant objects around you, but we did make the small toy next to your feet. That's called a candle and you can squeeze it or hug it if you're feeling stressed. Is there anything else you'd like to know?"

Whacks: "A helper? Alright!"
Whacks: "So..."

[Image: D1rDfRr.png]

Whacks: "Can you help me with, um."
Whacks: "I'm not really following here, sorry. You told me what I am but I don't really know what that means, and I guess you don't either?"
Whacks: "That's not really reassuring..."
Whacks: "What am I supposed to do?"
Whacks: "Are you an 'undersized dog person' too? Why can't I see you?"
Whacks: "What are these big tall things everywhere? Why is it suddenly so dark?"
Whacks: "Is that something you don't know either?"
Whacks: "...Is this too many questions?"
Whacks: "Sorry, I forgot for a second that you said you were figuring this all out yourself too."
SAY - Well, we'll try to answer with the best of our ability.
Yes, we don't know what you are exactly but we can figure that out together.
Your job, Whacks, is to go on a quest to find five flags while are presumably hidden around the world.
We aren't sure what we are but we will get back to you as soon as we find out. That is due to the fact that we can't quite see ourselves at the moment. We dont even think we are anything yet. So for now we're a disembodied consciousness of sorts?
The changes to your environment seem to be the actions of other people who can create things, like we created you.
The tall dark things are "Towers" and the darkness is called "Night".
Ask as all the questions you have and we'll try to answer them, anything we can't answer immediately, we will try to work together and figure out. We're a team, Whacks.
say: heads up I’m making a thing to make it less dark!
create: floating lantern that will follow whacks around and light things up for it. whacks can pat it once to dim it and twice to make it stop following (and once more after that to reset it)
teach: lantern operation
>GIVE: Dove Familiar
This action will take 50 Black Ink. Are you sure? Y/N

>GIVE: Floating Lantern
This action will take 10 Black Ink. Are you sure? Y2/N2
N, Y2

[ADOPTS]

N, Y2
N, Y2
>SAY: "Well, we'll try to answer with the best of our ability.

Yes, we don't know what you are exactly but we can figure that out together.
Your job, Whacks, is to go on a quest to find five flags while are presumably hidden around the world.
We aren't sure what we are but we will get back to you as soon as we find out. That is due to the fact that we can't quite see ourselves at the moment. We dont even think we are anything yet. So for now we're a disembodied consciousness of sorts?"

[Image: DO1TzaW.png]

Whacks: A disembodied consciousness?
Whacks: I'm not quite sure what that means, but that sounds scary.
Whacks: But, alright! All I have to do is find these flags?

>>"The changes to your environment seem to be the actions of other people who can create things, like we created you.
The tall dark things are "Towers" and the darkness is called "Night".
Ask as all the questions you have and we'll try to answer them, anything we can't answer immediately, we will try to work together and figure out. We're a team, Whacks."

Show ContentImage (Bright Spinning Colors):
Whacks: Right!
Whacks: Well, let's get going, then, teammate!

[Image: W4Thp38.png]

Whacks: ...Wait, why are we finding these flags again?

>SAY: "heads up I’m making a thing to make it less dark!"

>GIVE: Dove Familiar | Action Cancelled

>GIVE: Floating Lantern | Action Confirmed -10 Black Ink [90/100]
>GIVE: Magician's Armor

>TEACH: Lantern Operation -20 Red Ink [Whacks | 60/100]

[Image: nV1b1yi.png]

Whacks: Oh!

[Image: R8xFGeE.png]

Whacks: Is this part of it?

Chat (Global):

ByteMe: Aight who's the dick who decided to make it permanently night time?
ByteMe: I can't see the game without turning up my brightness.
MeltingSnowcone: not me lol
MeltingSnowcone: i made the torches if that helps
AtomicOverdrive: Y34H 1 C4N7 533 MY 51CK 74G5 1N 7H15 L1GH7
AtomicOverdrive: GU355 1LL G37 50M3 GL0WP41N7 H4H4
ByteMe: Holy SHIT! I hate every message you send!!!
ByteMe: I'm muting you until you stop, I'm sorry, I just can't.
AtomicOverdrive: H3Y
MeltingSnowcone: it is a little obnoxious tbh >-I
AtomicOverdrive: 8U7 MY 8R4ND 7H0
SAY: Those things on the ground are called clothes! You wear them! We thought you'd appreciate a cute little outfit.
We aren't sure where the flags are but, that's something we're going to work together on. Once you get that magician's armor on you can get moving.
That lantern should help you see in the dark and make sure you pick up those cards. You can throw them.
One more thing incoming might be more, not sure yet.

GIVE: Magician's Wand Bo Staff
Hey, I just realized we've already seen all the other players! Assuming this mod uses the same 5/6-player system that TCP does, of course. If we pay attention, we might be able to get some insight as to what everyone else is doing- for instance, PocketPromise didn't speak up just now, and we sure as hell didn't make it night, so that means it was probably them.

>SPEAK WHACKS: Yup! If you look carefully, those things should be shaped like parts of your body- if you can sort of slip inside them so they're around you, you'll be wearing them.

[ADOPTS]

>SPEAK WHACKS: "Yup! If you look carefully, those things should be shaped like parts of your body- if you can sort of slip inside them so they're around you, you'll be wearing them."

Whacks: Ohhh!
Whacks: So, I just...
Whacks: Does this go first?

[Image: UCQe6Dj.png]

[Image: PLXWnjn.png]

[Image: ZBkdokM.png]

Whacks: Aha! I think I got it!
Whacks: ...Finally...
Whacks: Does it, uh, look good?
Whacks: It's kinda heavy.

[Image: 5ye4iBR.png]

Whacks: What are these for?

>GIVE: Magician's Wand Bo Staff

[Image: K8XSiww.png]

Whacks: Or this?

Chat (Global):

PocketPromises: these crystals are pretty!
PocketPromises: who made them?
ByteMe: Right here.
PocketPromises: oh! well, uh, i like them, so thanks!
ByteMe: Yeah sure.
ByteMe: Hey, did you make the night or the lakes?
PocketPromises: i made the lakes!
PocketPromises: wait.
ByteMe: Wait?
PocketPromises: isn't there only supposed to be 4 world features?
ByteMe: Yeah? Wait. What?
ByteMe: Oh, there IS five.
ByteMe: Huh????
ByteMe: Bolt?

ByteMe: Fine. HereParalyzed?
HereParalyzed: Yes?
ByteMe: You're not participating in the game with your own reward, right?
HereParalyzed: ...No.
ByteMe: You're also not bullshitting me right now, right?
HereParalyzed: No I am not, I swear. Hold on a second, this isn't right.

HereParalyzed: Uh, I'll need a moment. Just keep playing the game for now, I guess...?
ByteMe: Okay, sure.
ByteMe: What the fuck?
SAY: Those are tools, or weapons. They're something to protect yourself with. We don't know if any kind of wildlife were made by anyone, we just want you to be able to protect yourself.
>GIVE WHACKS: FASHIONABLE MATCHING HANDBAG
>TEACH: THROWING CARD USE
(throwing cards is a really complex thing to teach the old-fashioned way, and we'd like them to be effective in an emergency)

>SPEAK WHACKS: Those are throwing cards, this is to keep things in, and the other thing is a staff you can hit things with. We're not entirely sure what's out there, and if something big and scary appears, we want you to be able to defend yourself. Don't be scared, though! We're with you every step of the way. You look great in those, by the way! Quite dapper.

[ADOPTS]

I wonder if its possible to
>CHAT: Hi

Also Whacks if the clothing feels to heavy you could probably take off the hat and cape.
Oh right we have signatures
Create: unicorns, saddle
Teach: Horseriding, animal handling
Speak: saddle up buddy its time to go see what we can see!
I like the hand bag and Throwing Card Use teach command. Might as well allow Whacks to use those cards.
>CREATE: (c1)Unicorns
This action will take 75 Black Ink. Are you sure? Yc1/Nc1

>TEACH: (t1)THROWING CARD USE, (t2)HORSE RIDING, (t3)ANIMAL HANDLING
These actions will take 20 Red Ink each, resulting in a final total of 0/100. Are you sure? Yt1/Nt1, Yt2/Nt2, Yt3/Nt3
Yc1, Yt1, Yt2, Yt3
Mmh I don't like the idea of running out of red ink without knowing how to refill it, but a unicorn would definitely be faster than traveling on foot, and animal handling and horse riding are both kind of essential to doing that...

Yc1, Yt1, Yt2, Yt3

[ADOPTS]

Yc1, Yt1, Yt2, Yt3
nc1, yt1, nt2, nt3
no longer active

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.