Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the mortis work log
[Image: l80V2ft.png][Image: 0qlJhzM.png][Image: 0xuydlL.png]
heeere's novus

the rainbow TCP is joilant, a TCP ari designed a while back and gave to me as a gift!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
no commissions today, currently out of sorts after  cw: death
Show ContentSpoiler:
and just want some time to do my own thing today. will keep people posted if i do anything neat
starting to get life back in me again, hoping to get back to work this week- como is a bit sick though, so taking it slow today while keeping an eye on him

gonna be working on the wilson project (HOPING TO COME UP WITH A NAME SOON BECAUSE EPISODE 1 IS ALMOST DONE WRITING WISE) and ideally finishing episode 1's writing or getting Very close to it, might also be scribbling up some more advanced notes for TCP types and working on location blurbs for morbit towns/cities
[Image: unknown.png]

blurbs are fun
wilson project episode 1 main script is done, full script should be done tonight as well and i am heavily considering sending draft to patrons
script is fully done, gonna let zen and como read it and then see about sending it off to patrons
did a hark illustration as a warmup, going to be writing the MQ update and then potentially diving into writing PCA episode 2 + some wilson project stuff
[Image: TSoT3tK.png]
new oneshot possibly going up tonight depending on whether i can get it edited in time, get hype
[Image: 17-13762.png][Image: 23-272.png][Image: 33-4486.png][Image: 75-13881.png][Image: 101-7290.png][Image: 111-13261.png][Image: 118-8923.png][Image: 127-8562.png]

we got couriers, folks
working on wilson project today, which WILL HAVE A NAME BY THE TIME IM DONE WORKING TODAY, i am literally ONE WORD away from naming it goddamnit
also mulling over ideas for tiny things for character experiences which you know how i get
finished 2 felid factor updates today, namely the work of remora, fran, lorn and miles

round of applause for them, now we're gonna go sit in an image processing hole, that's right baby it's MASK AND PETZ TEXTURES TIME
hrmrmrmrgh if you had to suggest some typings for a lisa frank inspired batch of grandma generated TCP adopts what would they be (existing only pls, feel free to suggest multiple because i will be being selective)
Tiger type definitely, Pandas with paintbrushes and ladders and cans of paint, Unicorn type, Emoji type (for the little smiley stickers that always came in the Lisa Frank sets!), Lollipop type, Puffin type if there is one, and while this isn't a sticker a far as I can remember, I feel like Music Box type would fit?
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
Types we have uh
Feel like tiger, unicorn, cat, and puppies are a must. I'm pretty sure we have a cloud type and that would fit.
Lollipop maybe, do we have a donut type?
Also say graphic design type could work.
I'm not sure if we have folder type but I would suggest that, and maybe pen type. Backpack type? (Don't think we have a pencil case, I'm trying to think of what Lisa Franck was on)
Give Me Your Coins
Oh! Puffy Sticker type!
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
revitalizing this.

today we are planning on doing some kaleidoclub and TCP designs.

TCP i will be doing for myself:

Shadow
Modifiers: Poisonous (moderate)
Anomalies: Size (moderate), Fluid (minor), Tail (moderate)

and we'll be picking a raffle design to do as well. it'll be a surprise!

designs for kaleidoclub, in order of priority:

- astro (greenhouse)
- ovie (greenhouse)
- tallow (toybox, IRL)
- caine (comorbidity)
- delaney (comorbidity, IRL)

this should theoretically wrap up the greenhouse system for now, which is a big deal. tallow is relevant to a story we're writing with como right now, so it'd be nice to have an IRL reference for him. caine doesn't have a reference period and just nsfw sketches so it'd be nice to get him down. delaney has a headspace ref, but doesn't have an irl one- this one should be super easy.

we'll see if that gets done today, going to be watching a nice long wax sealing video while i work
[Image: 2_14_11_23_1_26_24.png][Image: 2_14_11_23_1_26_12.png]

TCPs achieved. already getting excited for the Poison Blood Guy (maybe not a guy?)
got everything but caine done, ended up getting a headache so i am stopping there for tonight and chilling

[Image: 2_14_11_23_3_17_59.png][Image: 2_14_11_23_3_18_22.png]

astro

[Image: 2_14_11_23_3_18_34.png][Image: 2_14_11_23_3_18_45.png]

ovie

[Image: 2_14_11_23_3_18_59.png]

tallow [external]

[Image: 2_14_11_23_3_19_25.png]

delaney [external]
Elementallll
There's a 95% chance I'm thinking of either a Pun or Mega Man at any given time

[Image: 12_10_10_23_11_44_26.png]Character thread here (always a WIP)! [Image: 12_11_10_23_7_45_27.png]
going to be going to physical therapy soon but thinking about what to do when i'm home. probably play some infinite fusion and work on kaleidoclub scripts with como, but also considering making a SL avatar for our friend lucas (@starsystemerror!) for our end of an art trade. we have something in mind already and it's gonna be super cute if we pull it off.

we do have a friendzoo file to do as well. that'll probably be the best call when we're decompressing, just putting on some nice vids with como, write, and get that done. there's only 3 files left to model for the advent!

granted, after modeling, there's finalization to be done- someday we'll talk about our process for models, but once finalization and the accompanying toy sprites are done, we'll be ready to go for the advent event. it's very exciting and we feel like the models we've been doing for this batch are some of our best critter adaptations yet.
today we're gonna try to buckle down and finish the last three FZ breedfile models today. at some point we definitely want to do a full walkthrough of our breedfile making process, but for right now, we're on the "modeling" stage where we're just trying to get the actual base model for the hexes done. this is the most fun part of the process for us by far so we'll be a little sad when we're on what we call the finalization stage (adding variations, polish, etc) but this event is looking like it's going to be phenomenal.

we'd also like to do some adopts today because money's looking A Little Tight but we'll see, running on low physical stamina due to some GERD-related hubris. we'll see.
finished all of the FZ files we were aiming to do, as well as a bonus thing with queenie for the advent... with that, all of the advent models are done!
things we want to do today (and may not get to any of them):

- finalize the first 6 FZ files for advent and send them to queenie for finishing touches
- make an adopt batch of at least 25 winter-themed TCPs to put up for sale. honestly maybe it'd be fun to just do a toy themed batch of critters as well?
- maybe the Birthday Beast hex from that forum game thread
- more tallow/ivory kaleidoclub stuff, either editing or continuing writing or both
ended up finishing the advent files and 13 plush themed critters. gonna finish the rest of the critters tomorrow

debating doing the birthday beast file while hanging out with como, could be fun but i'm pretty tired- shouldn't overdo it, so we'll see how we feel
hohkay. today's work goals

trying to get some stuff done for the whiskerwick advent calendar, which is a petz forum we participate on from time to time. FZ advent also needs to get worked on but i'm taking one more day to try and crank out some more guys for helping out our friend pinto (who runs WW).

aside from that, going to TRY and write (maybe finish?) the caine/delaney piece for kaleidoclub. rhapsody is also putting finishing touches on the main draft for his kaleidoclub story with como, at which point we'll send it to the raffle winner for the prompt for them to get a cool preview of it. while that one is Pretty Much Done, we're not planning on releasing it until after the caine/delaney one is done, to give a bit of breathing room between ivory being present in a release.

those are the main goals today!
for the rest of the month we are pretty much just doing character notes and brushing up on getting stuff organized for the new year. not a lot to say, though at some point we may do a writeup on our character statistic system for developing characters. currently algor's just futzing around with his guys, cocoa's up next once we get stats done for al's stuff.

it's interesting seeing how our topical focuses emerge for each system member as we go. algor's already got rich explorations of the idea of artificial life in a whoooole lot of varieties with his cast, and it's really cool to see. it's a lot of robots, AI, and various other things but it feels nice to explore all of that stuff through a disabled lens. it's cool.

he also has some supercyber character stuff on his docket which is fun to watch him poke at a bit. database is an interesting character!
working on a bunch of things today, or at the very least trying to get them done before Holiday Game Night with knux and friends

not necessarily in this order

- felid factor update from the backlog (it's nana's turn!)
- cocoa's character notes
- new FF update For the backlog (it's cocoa's turn!)
- making new side characters for cocoa's FF update and figuring out who wants to play them
- at least one update for the house
- welcoming a new system member ????

https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Threa...9#pid15249
also this is open if anyone wants us to do some fun question stuff.
hohkay today started rough but me and noel are going to sit down and get more done today. yesterday we got the FF update out and one for The House as well, but we got suuuper stuck on doing those new side characters for cocoa's update and finishing cocoa's notes. so i guess that's what we're up to today.

https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Threa...9#pid15249
going to start by tending to this thread, more questions are also very welcome
we have still not gotten that felid factor update done but the side characters are drafted and mostly assigned to system members. awesome! we're gonna try to at least get an outline done.

before that, going to update plaything i think. ho ho ho, merry christmas, everything has gone to shit. giving people a couple updates to do some character dialogue sounds like a fun idea and should be easy to bang out in a couple days.

aside from that, hmm! maybe just more character note catchup. it's fun!

i hope everyone is having a nice holiday season, we're certainly cheering up now that we have the ability to work again [Image: tcp_smile_small.png]
GOT THE FF UPDATE DONE ITS DONE ITS DONE [Image: tcp_evil_small.png] [Image: tcp_evil_small.png]
so yesterday we did a whole bunch of organization and are on track for a while, ideally. made an interview with a new caretaker candidate so wheeeeee we will see how that goes- but work is on the rails.

today our gameplan is to work on universal constants! maes and synna need updated outfits for episode 1 and episode 3 needs a fresh coat of polish and panel cuts. it's not something that's going to take a huge amount of our time, so the rest of the day is our oyster- at which point we will probably spend it doing petz nonsense because that game has got us in a death grip.

we may also do some Secret Project Stuff with another collaborator....we shall see. can't say much else on that!

patrons, keep an eye out for new maes + synna looks! might toss some more sketches into the pit if we end up vibing with drawing today too...
got the initial re-edit for UC episode 3 done. como still needs to go through and do his edits and then we'll give it a final coat of paint, but the actual updates are planned out and looking awesome. crazy to think this is actually happening!
successfully updated felid factor and got a backlog update done. gonna go interview a caretaker now but we're on a roll!
writing the pet shelter oneshot today! we've actually worked on the characters for this pretty hard even if they're making their debut in a one off- you never know when these guys could be potentially relevant again, especially now that we have a oneshot request/funding thread where people could just put some stock in "yeah i want to see more of these guys". helps flesh out the world a little more.
pet shelter oneshot done...time to tend to petz patreon stuff
sooo i have been working on something in the background. our love for generators has been completely rekindled and i'm planning on adding a section to the website for them so you don't have to join a discord to use all kinds of writing utilities, and as a result of learning perchance systems i am cooking with gas and able to (mostly) code these by myself. have some previews
Quote:
Morbit Scrap Generator 
SummaryThis scrap doesn't belong to the character carrying it. It is good for gripping. Its type is hard to discern, and is best used as a disguise.

Contents
Memory: something to do with friends
Emotion: depression
Energy Level: high
Quote:Morbitian Digital Presence Generator
Their username is based on nonsense and is something they hate. It is 2 words long, and has a mystery vibe.
They mainly access the digital plane via a desktop, which is in terrible condition. This device is something they love.
Their online profile is incomprehensible, and features art pieces done by friends.
wow the formatting on those fucked up bad. well there you go
Today's Missions: work on february's twine release and get the last 6 FZ toyz drawn up for the update i'm working on. probably gonna warm up with a generator-based hex though. we shall see
REVISED PUNCH CLOCK ANIMAL ENDING NOW PLANNED OUT LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
next week's oneshot has been outlined. get ready for our first post-void session writing.....we're nervous, but very excited.
it issss felid factor dayy [Image: tcp_smile_small.png]

going to work on getting today's public update done up and see if tony's down to write stellaris'. if we have extra time, we might try to work on outlines for other oneshots and projects!
also we will be doing more valentine's day sketch requests later. just got really tired/fibro-y yesterday.
slow day, not sure if thosee valentine's day sketches are happening but we shall see. for now, i took a break from our brain exploding to scribble down a schedule for the current scheduled oneshots- we have a rough timeline for when all of the currently rolled solo ones for our system should be happening, and i am pleased to announce that if we keep up our (fairly leisurely) pace of 2 oneshots minimum a month, we're stocked up until december! it's more likely that it's going to be more than 2 due to como collab and como solo ones, but we're pretty confident in our ability to deliver 2 a month without issue. if we have time, energy, and Big Inspiration, we may do more just on our own!

our goal as well is monthly twines...this month was going to be a surprise twine for LSDjam but it was just not in the cards to work out, so we're saving that idea for next year's jam. this month...will be the universal constants episode 1 mirror! perfect for if you want a personal archive of the project, and/or if you want to tip us and como for our hard work! it'll be name your price, so hopefully it gets us some more traction on itch.io like frostbite did.

in general, we've been having a lot of thoughts on how things should be viewed from a career perspective. we'll be honest, the forums and discord have gotten really slow over the years, and while we will always maintain both to the best of our ability, i think us and como are going to start looking at those two as a social space for us to have fun and post stuff at a low stress pace, vs going OH GOD OUR BUSINESS IS DYING. because frankly: itch.io has been doing really well for us, along with the oneshot/kaleidoclub funding. commission wise we feel the least stressed we've been in years due to moving away from visual art as an imperative, and itch.io and our patreons have provided solid funding for things. we are going to be taking on a few additional expenses starting next month, so we'll see how it goes, but i think it's to the point that if we get serious and try to release one twine a month, whether that's a smaller kaleidoclub twine, a project mirror, or a BIG project release, we could seriously gain traction and make this work financially. the forums and discord will still be our focus socially seeing as itch.io does lack engagement (which is a big motivator for us, we love talking about our work), but we're definitely going to try and just get silly with it and have fun on here vs trying to force ourselves to be The Most Professional Ever. i dunno! i think it'll be good.

longer post than we usually do in the work log, but if anyone has feedback, please feel free to drop that here or on discord!
finished the backlog update! yaaaaay
tending to forum stuff to start today, got a blog entry and an infinite fusion update post to do....didnt get a whole lot done on the wizit oneshot prep yesterday so i guess we are doing that today. may also try to knock out some TCP design comms from a while back? we'll see!
the wizit oneshot is now outlined, and thanks to the question game we have a really good grasp on maurice and numfi's characterization! should be able to write it next week.
today's todo
  • update question game roster with this week's characters
  • have a mini petz gameplay session and blog about it to warm up the brain
  • make a pokemon OC
  • design new character(s) for The House and update that
  • get images inserted into the universal constants twine
  • work on the jimbo twine for next month
  • character dev for jay's roster of guys
we actually got all of that stuff done yesterday! yayyy! well, today's our off day, so while we're going to be doing Some Things, it's not gonna be a big work day. here's the plan
  • finish image descriptions for UC and get that update out the door (como is finishing the last panel as we speak)
  • get the last images linked in the UC twine so we can send it to vyn for CSS style matching
  • do a gameplay session + blog it
  • tabletop is happening somewhere within this but should be fairly low stress
  • pokemon OC nonsense (maybe 2 today...need to catch up!)
  • petz sendouts
  • continue to work on character notes but casually this time
ok ended up only doing the universal constants stuff and tabletop yesterday but tuesdays are off days anyway so ~yay~ anyway

gameplan for today. wednesday is dedicated PCA development/prep day so i think it's time to look over episode 2 and make sure our ducks are all in a row for that, as well as start doing update divisions and a final check over on episode 4.
aside from that...
  • we did do a gameplay session yesterday so i gotta get that posted. heartthrob time!
  • pokemon OCs. For Real. it's serious business
  • the house update?
  • maybe petz sendouts if im not dead from PCA shit