Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative
Research Topic SP-1-2: SP-1-2 What is the correlation between spawn points and scrap activity?

My scrap equipment came in the day after I arrived, but didn't really look at the package until now. The gloves are nice, and they fit perfectly!

[Image: 6Jcs5Fx.png]

They were...tricky to get the hang of though. I can't see, or even feel scraps, so I have to rely on the orbs on the palms to find them. They blink whenever they're in the presence of a scrap, and blink faster as I get closer. If I'm right next to a scrap, then they light up completely.

At any point, I can use my ability through the gloves to create some kind of...cross-section in reality? I'm not sure how to actually describe it. But it seems like for just a moment, I can cut through whatever cosmic, spiritual, metaphysical whatever the ---- rule or layer that hides scraps from those who lack scrap sensitivity, making them visible to everyone. It only lasts for a few seconds though, so I have to act quickly to examine the scraps.

[Image: 71DcqKP.png]

There was some mild visual distortion, I tried to recreate it as best as I could, and it was a bit hard to see the scrap in the center. It looked like a bunch of water droplets, surrounded by a blue aura. I knew I didn't have much time, so I tried to grab it, figuring the gloves would allow me to do it...

[Image: C4HjLpi.png]

Instead of the scrap, I got a grainy, slightly distorted memory. Three aquatic cats coming together, for some reason. I couldn't hear the conversation, but they seemed really happy, overjoyed even.

...And I was so busy pondering the memory that the cross-section closed, taking the scrap with it. Since I can't wield it, I decided to leave it where it is.

And that's not the only scrap I found. Book scraps in the library, seed scraps in the greenhouse, and even more than that...all of them involving cats, and a memory of a cat being spawned in the library.

In fact, a lot of the memories were of cats spawning, rarely ever any being hurt. Perhaps, because of an overwhelming amount of scraps ties to positive memories, this place was deemed "safe" for new cats, and whatever decided what makes a spawn point just kept spawning cats here? Since it knew they would be safe and cared for?

There used to be a lot of cats here. But now they're all gone, and I'm the only one. I think Tremor's lab had a spawn point once, maybe even multiple given the different typings I saw, which could've been created due to the amount of positive memories tied to this place. But the spawn points are gone too, otherwise why would Tremor need to turn to the Housing Initiative for an assistant?

I'm not sure if I want to know where they all went.
[Image: 3DaQdhK.png]

Messages In This Thread
[TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by skinstealer - 09-23-2019, 11:35 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 09-24-2019, 01:18 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 09-27-2019, 04:32 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 09-29-2019, 03:17 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by knux400 - 09-30-2019, 08:40 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by knux400 - 10-07-2019, 09:46 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by knux400 - 10-08-2019, 11:57 AM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 10-08-2019, 09:12 PM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by RibbonCharm - 10-08-2019, 11:37 PM
RE: [TCPDEX] TCP Research Initiative - by cosmo - 10-09-2019, 12:23 AM