Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TCP] Divine TCP Support Group
Hello! My name is Extra and I set up this chatroom so that divine origin tcps would have a place to discuss their experiences. For those unaware, "divine tcp" is a term denoting that a tcp spawned in a session of the TCP "Game". Personally I feel it sounds a little grander than the position merits but I want this to be accessible to those looking for support. Just know that while you are free to refer yourself that way, I will probably not refer to myself in this manner from here on out, just out of personal preference!
- [OUT_OF_ORBIT]

(The following message is pinned to the top of the chat.)
RULES:
1. Be polite and respectful to your fellow chat members.
2. This chat is intended for tcps that were spawned in a session ONLY. I am sorry if this policy feels exclusionary to anyone, but I really want to offer a place where we can talk about our experiences without fear of judgement or being pitied and I feel restricting this chat to only those who share this experience will help in doing so.
3. NO JUDGEMENT! This is not a place where we judge others actions while they were in a session. I will be very strict about this. Not everyone is lucky enough to be spawned to a kind or understanding player, and many have been in bad situations which they already regret immensely. I do NOT want anyone shaming others for what they did while they were ultimately subject to their players' whims.
4. You may share as little or as much as you want. The goal here is just to provide a supportive environment to talk about and process what we've been through.
5. Provide a warning before discussing something potentially triggering. If anyone has specific triggers, you may DM me and I will add them to the rules section here.
[TRUE_BLUE] first

[TRUE_BLUE] okay for real i guess i'll actually contribute something here
[TRUE_BLUE] uhh i'm a mecha type, my god intended me to be kind of a fighter i guess? i never really liked fighting that much
[TRUE_BLUE] i mean, i get it, i'm a tough looking armor dude, but like
[TRUE_BLUE] not the thing you want to get asked to do right after being born
[TRUE_BLUE] idk what else to say really
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: OH!!!! A RESPONSE!!!
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I mean...
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Thank you for replying! I wasnt sure anyone would so I'm really really glad : - ) Your god sounds pretty awful tbh. You shouldn't have to fight if you dont want to.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I'm pretty sure I was intended to just be confusing haha. My type got recommended to my player by a collective from somewhere other than Morbit, so they thought no one would be able to guess what I was or what I could do! ... They were right.
[TRUE_BLUE] hey!
[TRUE_BLUE] your type sounds pretty cool tbh... may i ask what it is?
[TRUE_BLUE] oh and forgive me in advance if i double post or leave suddenly or anything like that, my connection is still pretty crappy
[TRUE_BLUE] it's been okay so far but sometimes it just drops out of nowhere
[TRUE_BLUE] side effects of transdimensional internet i guess
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Oh, no, I don’t mind. I’m a martian type! Some sort of myth or legend from the collective’s world, they said.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Wait, transdimensional? You stayed behind in Paradise? Can I ask what it’s like? I didn’t even know it was possible to talk to tcps who chose to live in Paradise so I’m very curious.
[TRUE_BLUE] yup i'm a paradise tcp!
[TRUE_BLUE] and uhh it wasn't really possible until now, i guess
[TRUE_BLUE] i had to go to like five different abstract types to get this transponder up and running, it really doesn't help that people here barely know morbit exists in the first place
[TRUE_BLUE] it's still a little slow and glitchy, but clearly it works alright, given that i'm here
[TRUE_BLUE] uhhh paradise... it's kind of like a normal session, only there aren't any gods there
[TRUE_BLUE] big wide open landscape with a bunch of resources and stuff
[TRUE_BLUE] the tcps that were here already had set up a big city, that's where i live right now
[TRUE_BLUE] some people chose to strike out on their own, occasionally they stop by for supplies or just to say hi
[TRUE_BLUE] aside from that it seems pretty similar to morbit from what i've heard, just without any of the uh
[TRUE_BLUE] shit what did you guys call them
[TRUE_BLUE] the bigger people that arent tcps

[ADOPTS]

[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Oh, you mean complexes? And wow, that does sound really nice.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I don’t regret sticking with my team and coming to Morbit though.
[SWEET_STUFF] you guys actually had teams?
[SWEET_STUFF] must've been nice
[Image: 3DaQdhK.png]
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I’m sorry I’m a bit confused... Are you implying that you were the only tcp your player spawned? There’s nothing wrong with that of course! I was just under the impression that the only way a session could end was after each player spawned a full team of five.
[SWEET_STUFF] no no i meant like, i'm the only one on my team who made it to morbit
[SWEET_STUFF] it's been so long i've actually forgot that, like, teams of divine tcps can come to morbit. it's weird
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Oh oh my word I’m so sorry
[SWEET_STUFF] sorry, sorry, probably killed the mood didn't i
[SWEET_STUFF] didn't mean to be a downer, i just got really stoked when i saw that there's actually support groups for cats like us

[SWEET_STUFF] lemme start from the top. i'm sweetie, a smores type
[Scaley_Reptilian] Uhm hello!
Dri<3
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Oh no don’t worry about it! That’s what this is here for. It’s nice to meet you, Sweetie.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Hello!
[Scaley_Reptilian] Uhhh yes! Hi! Guess its introductions time. Im Deto! A lizard type.
Dri<3
[TRUE_BLUE] oh hey more people!
[TRUE_BLUE] i... technically had a team?
[TRUE_BLUE] they were mostly supposed to be for support, like i said i was supposed to be the fighter of the group
[TRUE_BLUE] soooo they got kinda mad at me when i didn't "do my job"
[TRUE_BLUE] that's basically the whole reason they're on morbit and i'm here
[TRUE_BLUE] but yeah orbit, paradise is nice
[TRUE_BLUE] the name is a bit misleading, it's not like we get handed everything on a silver platter
[TRUE_BLUE] its more like our own private world where we can work towards our own goals
[TRUE_BLUE] all the natural resources we need are there, we just gotta work to get them
[TRUE_BLUE] something something "it wouldn't feel as nice if we didn't earn it" which i guess makes sense but goddamn is it hard to get ahold of metals and silicon and whatnot
[TRUE_BLUE] anyway sorry to ramble. nice to meet you guys!

[ADOPTS]

[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Nice to meet you, Deto! Welcome!
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Oh wow that’s super interesting. I’m sorry about your team though.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Are metals and silicon in high demand in Paradise?
[TRUE_BLUE] not in high demand, really, just... hard to get ahold of
[TRUE_BLUE] im really the only one who's super into building computers myself
[TRUE_BLUE] most other tcps don't even use computers at all really, and those that do just go to Maurice, the local computer type
[TRUE_BLUE] all the resources we could ever need are out there, but the catch is we gotta harvest them ourselves
[TRUE_BLUE] aaaand since not many people are willing to go down into the caves to get raw metal to be made into wires i gotta do that myself
[TRUE_BLUE] thankfully you don't need a lot for wires, once you get a few good chunks youre good to go for a while
[TRUE_BLUE] don't even get me started on silicon though, that took me a long time to get it right
[TRUE_BLUE] its a super fussy material, you have to heat it up just right and do it in a special press
[TRUE_BLUE] after making like three plates i just gave up and got a circuit type to make me a bunch of blank circuitboards
[TRUE_BLUE] but that guy really likes this one specific type of flower, so i had to wander out into the forest to find that for him, plus enough food to heal him up after he was done
[TRUE_BLUE] long story short it takes a while to get anything done around here

[ADOPTS]

[Scaley_Reptilian] Its kinda like a long line of sidequests to finish one big quest!
Dri<3
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Oh, for the computers! That makes sense.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: And wow that does sound like a lot of cooperation is necessary to get anything done.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Not that that’s really a bad thing, but I can see how it would be slow
no longer active
[TRUE_BLUE] it's not a bad thing per se, in fact i think paradise was designed with exactly that sort of thing in mind
[TRUE_BLUE] if you're just given whatever you want instantly, theres no real value to it
[TRUE_BLUE] so paradise is an environment where you can get whatever you want, but you gotta work for it yourself so that way when its done youll value it more
[TRUE_BLUE] i understand the premise behind it but it can be a bit annoying sometimes
[TRUE_BLUE] people here like to commit themselves to one big project at a time, and spend their time doing that for a while until its done, then they decide what the next thing they want is and start working towards that
[TRUE_BLUE] usually there's a bit of a rest period in between to enjoy what theyve got, though
[TRUE_BLUE] so yeah. its slow, but its a system that works

[ADOPTS]

[Scaley_Reptilian] I originally thought that Paradise would kinda give you everything and all, although I chose to come to Morbit, the more I know!
Dri<3
[TRUE_BLUE] it does and it doesn't
[TRUE_BLUE] whoever picked the name obviously didn't bother to read a dictionary, but its still nice here
[TRUE_BLUE] you kind of just... get to be yourself
[TRUE_BLUE] how is it on morbit? im kind of curious

[ADOPTS]

[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Its... well. Its okay? In some ways and in some ways it really isn't.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Things aren't scaled to our size on Morbit. It takes quite a bit of adjusting to everything being so huge.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Many complexes dont treat TCPs with very much respect. People hurt each other like in a session but there is no tangible reward or end goal as near as I can tell.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: ...
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I am with my team though and that is what matters.
no longer active
A new user has joined the channel.

[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: Hello, everybody.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I'm Sockrates, a professor of philosophy over at Method Community College.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I have an inkling that I may be divine, or at least I was once.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I've inherited it.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: From who I used to be.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: How familiar are you four with hybridization?
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I've met a few in my time.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Welcome! I hope you'll find this group helpful to you
no longer active
[Scaley_Reptilian] Heyo! Im pretty sure i have seen a few hybrids and heard of them. I think there was one in another group in the session i was created in. I dont remember much from my session, im not one for remembering.
Dri<3
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: Yea, I just recently realized that I have five marks.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: That I don't remember.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: So I did some research and there's only a few papers on TCP marks.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: But one was a series of interviews conducted by a D. Television.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: The topic was memory loss after hybridization.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: A number of those cats had colored marks and lacked the memories they came from.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I'm scared that I have five marks because I was a divine TCP, and I killed a whole team.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: That's five lives that I personally snuffed out.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: Or that I'm not ultimately responsible for because I didn't personally carry out the deed?
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I haven't been able to consolidate my new reality and my previous one yet.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: But, I'm here!
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[Scaley_Reptilian] Aw geez having marks that you dont know what happened must be kinda bad. But maybe kinda good because you dont feel that guilty of it.
Dri<3
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: You’re here! And we’re glad you are.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: That sounds like quite a lot to deal with. I hope we can support you through this, we’re here for you!
no longer active
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Hey are you all still there?
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I don't want this chat to die.
no longer active
[TRUE_BLUE]: sorry about that, had to fix something.
[TRUE_BLUE]: re: marks that sounds horrible
[TRUE_BLUE]: i've never heard of a hybrid tcp before though. what are those?

[ADOPTS]

[newuser]: wasn't sure what name to give myself, sorry
[newuser]: so uh.
[newuser]: morbit's interesting so far i guess
[newuser]: i can die now, not sure how to feel about that
[newuser]: not sure if i should post here even
[newuser]: like, we all turned out fine, my team is intact, thanks to me (woo)
[newuser]: all teams are intact, actually. made it out with a pacifist run
[newuser]: my god seemed pretty stoked about that, but there's
[newuser]: ugh idk
[newuser]: im just not sure what to do now? or if it all was even worth it?
[newuser]: akjerngat sorry, please ignore me im being melodramatic
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Everyone in your session made it out? That’s great!
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Ive heard that’s pretty rare...
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: Also True blue it’s like... when people make two or more different tcps fuse together into one?
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: They end up with a new ability and appearance and identity n stuff. Crew cut let me know if I’m getting anything wrong ok?
no longer active
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: That appears to be entirely accurate.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: There's varying degrees of memory loss.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: Ranging from total, like me.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: All the way to absolutely none.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I happen to apparently be the hybrid of a Sock type and a Philosophy type.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I've recently joined a hybrid support group and there is an individual who is composed of five TCPs, that appears to be the limit before things get hairy.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: She was rather slow in speech, almost as if it was a struggle to compose her thoughts into words.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I really don’t understand the point of putting someone through all that...
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I mean! Oh shoot that sounds wrong. I feel like if you know someone might suffer because of choices you’re making, why would you make those choices? I guess that’s more of a general thing though and it’s not really place to talk about this specifically so I’m sorry.
no longer active
[TRUE_BLUE]: thats... really weird???
[TRUE_BLUE]: why would someone want to stick two tcps together?
[TRUE_BLUE]: oh re: newuser i'm glad your team made it out okay!!
[TRUE_BLUE]: and uh dont worry about being melodramatic, k? this seems like the place for it

[ADOPTS]

[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: Unfortunately I can't answer that question either, Orbit and Blue.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: If I could ask my components that question I would.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I've been trying to inquire into who my components were but I've had not a shred of luck.
[CREW_CUT_CYNICISM]: I can't even figure out what company put me together.
[newuser]: ah, thanks true blue
[newuser]: just
[newuser]: I feel bad feeling the way I do when really, everyone else is fine
[newuser]: like I should get over what happened, leave the past in the past, and all that
[newuser]: but, I dunno, it doesn't seem fucking fair?
[newuser]: everyone from the game is acting like my god is such a GREAT person
[newuser]: "wow! lookit him! he did a full pacifist run, with a brilliant strategy"
[newuser]: oh, the strategy where he had to break my back to get anything done?
[newuser]: the strategy that didn't take anyone's well-being into account, just so he could "save everyone?"
[newuser]: gosh sorry, it's not like I didn't want everyone to get out safely but
[newuser]: i just want to feel ok again, man
[newuser]: but I don't even know what that feels like anymore
[newuser]: agh, athat got mlelodramatic, didnt iyt
[newuser]: sorry
[newuser]: I shouldn't have even posted anything, hhaa
[newuser]: is it common?
[newuser]: for divine tcps to despise their creators?
[newuser]: the rest of my team seems relatively fine with mine, I'm the pnly one that is still angry about everything
[newuser]: they tell me to calm down a lot, but its not fair! and they know it! but they just want to forgive him because of his hollow apology afterwards! like!? what? uh
[newuser]: heck
[newuser]: sorry
[newuser]: im doing it again, arent i
[newuser]: uh, so yeah! what do you guys think of your gods?
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I have pretty complicated feelings towards my player TBH
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: They aren’t a god but an OBJ (for True blue, an OBJ is a complex species on Morbit)
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: They’ve never been harmful or cruel to us but I can’t help but wonder why they’d ever play a game like TCP in the first place.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]: I’m sure they’d tell me if I asked but I don’t really want to know. I don’t want to know if they created us knowing we might die just for fun or if they have a reason. I don’t want to think about it, or them so I try my best to keep my distance. We’re in contact but I don’t visit them.
no longer active