Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sage's TCP Art Dump
Hello! I'm Sage and I love TCPs. I've found myself doodling them a lot, usually fan types but there's other stuff too! I want to share all this art so here's a thread. How often will I post on it? Who knows! But I'll try to post almost all the stuff I make. Traditional, digital, who knows!

Anyone is free to leave messages here! And please do! Even if I don't respond to them I read them all and I love hearing what people have to say!

To start, here's some doodles I did in class today-
[Image: unknown.png]
Melon/watermelon type! I think melons are a funny looking food and I couldn't find a melon type on the wiki. Obviously they're a food type, and their fluid would have seeds in it. Other than that they'd probably work the same way as any food type

Highlighter/highlighter ink type. I think I could probably do better with this concept, but the general idea here is that the torso is like a highlighter and then the rest of them is highlighter ink leaking out of it. I don't know what actual type they'd be, I thought maybe form but I'm not sure. I'll have to edit their design a bit before then

Finally, currently my only TCP character, Scott, an abstract space type! I love him very much because he shares a name with one of my OCs (who is also my icon currently) I promise I can draw more poses than that. I promise
AWWW i really love how you did highlighter type, that's a super unique execution of the concept!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
@skinstealer Aaaaa thank you! I'm happy you like them. I did a few more doodles of a highlighter type (I imagine a real highlighter ink type would be like normal ink type but like? neon?), these ones are digital and a bit more cleaned up-

[Image: 01122020.png]
I was still playing around with the idea when I drew this, I came up with the idea of their head and feet, instead of being ink, being like a highlighter tip with ink on it. But then I decided I liked both ideas... so I did both-

[Image: 011220202.png]
To be honest it looks a little bit like honey, but the whole highlighter-torso makes up for that. Yellow is actually my LEAST favourite colour to design with because it gets super murky really easily, but when I think of highlighters I think of yellow. So I made it the torso orange. And here's a bonus orange edition of the second one
[Image: 011220203.png]
Aw man I love how you did the watermelon type. Just a lil lad.
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
oh those highlighter types rock! super cute and creative!
no longer active
I have a lot of art to get through because I forgot to post here yesterday! Let's go!

[Image: scott_tcp.png]
I needed to give Scott a proper Toyhouse icon (link to his Toyhouse by the way. Not that there's anything there yet) so I made this! I realised shortly after that I wouldn't even use all of this fancy shading because I like to have most icons be flat colours and no backgrounds. Whoops. (also he has clothes to match my other OC named Scott hehehe)

Another doodle of Scott, this time a full body! Except I can't draw full bodies traditional (especially in pen) and I'm not sure why I try. But hey, at least the green looks nice

A couple of little tiny baby sized doodles about a honey type (small, round, goopy, round ear nubs sort of like bears) and highlighter type if it were a weapon type. I absolutely could have done better with both, but these are tiny doodles, and I shall post them anyway

I thought about watermelon type a bit more and I thought I could make a character out of it. I named them Meo and thought about giving them a little poncho that sort of looks like the inside of a watermelon. There's some intense dots, so. trypophobia warning? It's nothing intense but just to be safe I won't post it. I don't know if you can spoiler images so I'll just link it

Another tiny tiny doodle I did of Scott and Meo. I'm not sure what's happening (Meo giving Scott some food because food type?) but I accidentally gave Scott fingers instead of mitten hands. They're both green though and that's cute

And thanks for the comments, I'm happy people like my lil boredom doodles! I'll draw a watermelon type digitally someday, to really emphasise their cuteness
Anxiety's telling me I'm posting on this thread too much. But I'm not spamming, I have art, and this is my art posting thread.. so anxiety won't stop me!

[Image: 03122020.png]
I did an official-TCP style ref for Meo! Except this was really lazy and low quality! I did not bother cleaning the lines at ALL. I've never made this type of ref before though, I just wanted to colour them. Her Toyhouse page has a naked version of the ref, and NOTHING else so far. I haven't even done anything else on Scott's page yet, but I'll probably start developing them properly once I have a larger group of TCPs, then I can develop them based on how they bounce off each other
OHHH THE PONCHOS SO CUTE.....

never be afraid to post!! we love activity on the forums!!
Oh my gosh Sage these are great!!!

I'm so happy to see Scott art, makes my day a bunch better. And Meo looks like a friend, would pat on the head (if thats okay)
Give Me Your Coins
oh you fleshed out the watermelon type! And they're FRIENDS! I really love seeing your process on these two, they look great!
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
YOU DRAW SCOTT SO CUTE!!! also aaaa i love meo!
no longer active
Thank you for all the kind words everyone, I really appreciate reading every one! It makes me really happy to know people are enjoying my doodlessss
I didn't really have much energy to draw today but since you all seem to like Meo so here's a little doodle (and yes, she absolutely accepts head pats)

[Image: 04122020.png]
So I got my motivation back today-

[Image: 051220202.png]
Technically I drew these two things separately but I figured it would be easier to make Scott's doodle smaller and then export them onto the same canvas. So this probably isn't to scale? Thinking about how large watermelons are Meo should probably be taller. (Maybe she's just small?)
This is a sort of secondary shading/colouring style I like to do sometimes, figured I'd do it with Scott and Meo because why not! I love both of them very much.

Oh, and also this.
[Image: everythingscompletleynormal.png](full size version here)
Yeah, I, uh, realised I hadn't drawn Scott's ascended form yet so I did that by going ALL out.. I had a great time drawing this and it's a MASSIVE jump from anything else I've drawn here. I guess starting with some lazy doodles I did in class was misleading, huh? I can actually be competent Sometimes and here's proof of that. I got a little lazy with the shading after a little while, but I'm still proud of it! (even if I copy pasted basically everything for symmetry, shh) Also I know TCP eyes don't actually glow, but hey, glowy eyes are fun

Quick edit because I just noticed- my Toyhouse recent artwork section currently looks like this. Scott, Meo, Scott Meo, Scott, Meo, Scott.....

WHOA that ascended drawing of scott is so cool!!! also official tcps are drawn to scale, scott would be 4 inches tall as a space (abstract) type (barring any size-affecting modifiers/anomalies he might have) so you can figure out how big meo should be compared to scott based on that!
no longer active
*wanders back in here* I am in fact still drawing TCPs though I have been thinking about getting a new one.. I don't have many doodles though, just a few I did in school when I ran out of full size post it notes, so I had to draw on the mini ones. Drawing on the mini ones is.. tough. Doesn't help that I'm a digital artist at heart

First two were little things I did to mess around with the weird shaped canvas (that I'm not too proud of, but, eh, I don't mind sharing them), a silly doodle of Meo and another Scott, but pink and orange, because I was getting tired of green. Next TCP I get can't be green or I will Scream

I'll make some more decent quality stuff soon, probably. Even the picture I took of these doodles is lazy
i love your TCP art!!!! Scott is a cutie
Guess who just bought a brand new TCP! It's me! They're a dust type! I'm rushing but here's a mini celebratory doodle! They don't have a name yet because I wasn't vibing with their pre-given one (Smash) so suggestions are welcome. Their Toyhouse is https://toyhou.se/9186225.tbn if you want to look at the ref. I already love them so much

I'll make a hoarding thread tomorrow, since I have three now. I feel so powerful, I love all my babies so much
I have a mini comic I did as a warm up that I got the idea for as soon as I realised "hey, dust type = dusty, also, same height as Scott"

Friendship!

But then!

I can't draw hugs, but I thought the idea was cute, and this was only a warm up so it's allowed to be low effort
Still getting used to drawing the dust type (still nameless. I'll figure something out) and I couldn't be bothered to include their extra patches but oh well. I still love them. I actually almost forgot to draw their whiskers which surprised me because they're one of my favourite parts, I love drawing whiskers
I have more art of the dust type (still nameless)! I drew this not long after the other thing but I didn't want to post two things too close together

[Image: stillnamelessbaby.png]
Usually I wouldn't watermark stuff I post here but I can't be bothered to go back and remove it. It's nothing special but it's shaded properly and the dust cloud was fun to draw. It's so poofy! It was also fun to figure out the patches, having a designer TCP adds so much! I love this baby a lot
I just wanted to say, I love your art. It's nice seeing someone just so enthusiastic about TCPs. The entire idea of this thread is only something someone dedicated could do. You've inspired me, and while I don't think I'll limit my art to TCPs, I'm picking up the stylus again and drawing once more.
Aaaaa aa @dediles I'm really glad I can inspire you! Art is tough but it's always worth it! Have fun drawing, I believe in you!

Also, I have something a little special to show this time!

[Image: 141220202.gif](because it's a gif if the image doesn't embed properly here's the direct link)

Not only is it a gif, it's a 3D gif! Paint 3D is like! A whole darn blessing! Blender is too confusing for me but I love 3D models, they amaze me so much
This is mediocre and rough (just be happy you can't see the bottom of the model), and I only really wanted to do it to figure out the dust type's (I will get them a name eventually I PROMISE) patches. Was it a success? I think so. I don't think I'll ever get them 100% accurate though, I suppose that's a part of the fun.
Will I make one for my other TCPs? uh...... maybe........ We'll see
(now I have to figure out how to make the file smaller so I can put it on their Toyhouse page)

And as a bonus for those who didn't see it on the original thread, I also made these with the bases from the cookie decorating thread
[Image: 131220203.png][Image: 131220202.png]
I made another 3D thing! I ran into many troubles trying to finish it (including Paint 3D crashing and the auto save not working) but I did it! It's Scott this time. He is naked, and he spins

[Image: 15122020.gif]

I also have a small selection of traditional doodles, all fused into one image for easy viewing-

The name Cherub was suggested by a friend (who knows nothing about TCPs and was going off of one doodle) for the dust type but I don't think I'm quite vibing with it. Other names I've thought about are Patch, Splotch and Dusty but I feel like they're a little on the nose. I'll keep thinking about it
I drew a tiny Scott to put in my signature. I don't post on other threads very often so maybe it's kind of pointless, but he links to this thread! And if people don't realise he's clickable then he can just sit there being all adorable and friendly, which is good too
[Image: 16122020.png]
[Image: art_in_scott.png]
I love seein your art! scott is so cute
these r all super cute, your style fits tcps so well! love the models, too
signature scott is so cute!!! i love seeing him down there
no longer active
Hello again, thread! I accidentally disappeared for a few days because of Reasons but I'm BACK with ART! And a BUNCH of it!

To start, I've been thinking about the dust type's (will they ever get a name? I'm thinking about integrating this into their lore) clothes, or lack thereof, and decided to maybe give them a little cloak? I had mops in mind when I doodled it. I also tried out a new sort of colouring style? I think it looks cool

And it's finally time for Scott (TCP)'s interactions to the other OC named Scott! Two standard doodles to start-
I love how tiny TCPs are. Even though OC Scott is a shapeshifter (more on that in the next doodle) he's still usually adult human sized, which means TCPs are. just. that tiny. I've also wanted to do this doodle since I got TCP Scott, and only just got the motivation to, even though it's a super simple doodle. That's just How Motivation Is

Next up! OC Scott is a shapeshifter*. I, uh, don't have much more to say. I feel like that would surprise TCP Scott, but maybe he'd go on to think it's cool because hey, he can sprout a new pair of arms sometimes, because abstract! Which is similar to shapeshifting? Who knows! I think they'd get along well
*he can't actually stay that small for very long before he just automatically gets sent back to his default size. This is because his insides are all gas. He has no organs. Only gas.

And now for the finale of this post, an INCREDIBLY self indulgent (and honestly poor quality because I wasn't really planning to share it as I drew it) comic that no one has to enjoy, but it has TCP Scott in it, so I guess I'm required to post it here. Why is it self indulgent? Because it includes three (four if you include OC Scott) OCs that no one here knows about
Also, you get to see my terrible, terrible handwriting
OC Scott (https://toyhou.se/3644561.scott) and the other OC on the right (https://toyhou.se/3649731.toby) are on Toyhouse but the other two aren't and you may never learn anything about them

As a closing note, yes I know TCP Scott is also an OC and saying OC Scott to refer to the shapeshifter one is a bit redundant, but how ELSE am I meant to easily distinguish them by name dangit

Wow, that was a long post. And none of the drawings were even that high quality.
Oh well.
Anxiety is being rude to me about the above post (not that there's anything wrong with the post but, anxiety, baby!) so I'll just hop straight back into your scheduled(?) TCP content

[Image: 201220202.png]
PIXEL MEO! Did anyone think I forgot about Meo? I HAVEN'T I still love her! Pixel art is fun but it's also a NIGHTMARE and alas, my plans to make a pixel headshot of all my TCPs is foiled by pure laziness. So this is a pretty small post compared to above. But it's pixel art, and it's Meo, which are two things the above post doesn't contain

PS- with this thread, originally I tried to strike a balance between "ramble ramble ramble" and "Important Information Only" but now I'm mossstlyyy just saying everything (EVERYTHING) I have to say without letting anxiety get in the way. Even though this thread is a little self indulgent (see above post, mostly) I hope people can still enjoy the things I'm rambling about even if I don't make any sense at all
ohhhh noOOOO the OC interactions are so cute!!! i love it!

also your pixel work is really nice, even if you dont end up doing more headshots, this one of meo is really really nice!
Me: I won't draw more pixel art because it's hard
Me anyway, after receiving One compliment:

[Image: 211220202.png][Image: 21122020.png]
What can I say? Tiny pixel babies are tempting, and compliments are motivating (thank you I'm happy you like the stuff aaaa). These two even get shoulders!
With Scott I tried colouring the lines a little bit, and with our dusty friend (lore coming soon! I integrated their lack of a name into it~) I didn't do anything new because the whiskers were a nightmare! I love the whiskers but they mess with the lines and it looks weird at such a tiny size! I can say with a bit more confidence than last time that I won't draw them again in tiny pixel baby form
Also, I noticed after too long that I drew Meo's poncho wrong in the last thing. The red section being on top wasn't intentional, that was 100% an accident and I feel like I should mention that. I'm not going to fix it because I like how the spots look but just so everyone can know I'm aware and I am a fool
Christmas? Already? This year has been weird and today just feels like a day. But merry christmas to those who celebrate, and I hope everyone is having a good day regardless!

I got a new tablet (Huion Inspiroy H1161 if you're curious) so I've been doodling a bunch of stuff. A few TCPs were in there of course, so here's those! There probably won't be an actual visual difference between the tablets, but it is WAY smoother and nicer to use. I might need to change the pressure sensitivity settings a little though, it's a bit more sensitive than my old tablet right now

Palettes! I love working with palettes! Seeing characters in colours they're not is sort of strange but I like it! Scott gets to be pink, for a treat! For christmas! Not much more to say about this

[Image: 251220203.png][Image: 251220202.png]
The dust friend! Still trying to figure out their outfit. I think a cloak is nice, but a little bag too is ADORABLE. But why do they need a bag? It's lore time, baby! Copy/pasted from their Toyhouse-
Unlike many dust types and TCPs, they spend a lot of their time wandering alone. Their most prized possession is an ever growing journal, full of lists of names that have been given to them by TCPs and other Morbitian residents they meet on their way. Due to the sheer volume of TCPs alone, the journal has grown very thick, and is slightly haphazardly taped together.
They have no single true name, "Dusty" being one they often choose if they need one, given to them by Scott, the first other creature they met after spawning, though they will gladly use any of the many others.
So TL;DR they go around asking people to name them and then write that name down. I haven't written much of a personality yet

I'm not great at writing lore that relates to a TCP's type specifically (or even fits into Morbit to be honest. I don't even know where any of my TCPs are), though I guess that makes things more interesting? Maybe with my next one it'll be more typical for their type. We'll see. If Dusty's name (or lack thereof) has taught me anything it's that you shouldn't trust me with promises about character development
In general I need to do a little more personality development, Scott's is just a slightly different version of OC Scott's and I've also got him in one of the RP chats, but the others? Meo has a vague idea and poor Dusty has nothing. I'll figure something out, maybe
wow that scott is gorgeous! i love how you did the colors and shading and your dust type is such a cutie too
I made.. another 3D thing. But this time it's a fullbody. Aaaaaa

[Image: 261220202.gif] (higher res non-gif version here)

So.. yeah! It's the dust type again. This took likeeeee two-three hours and it's still not perfect, that's partially due to me not being great at visualising things in 3D and partially Paint 3D just being pretty limited. It's the first 3D fullbody I've done that's designed to be looked at from any angle so I'd say it's pretty darn good for a first try! This time, I probably won't make one of Scott because his markings are more complicated to do without layers
I tried to do a full dust cloud but I couldn't figure out a way to make it look good, so I just threw in some assorted poofs of dust. And also I did start off of a naked version of the last full body drawing of them I did but I don't think it's too obvious, it's just worth mentioning I guess
Don't look at it too long, there's probably a bunch of errors somewhere
I've always loved the way TCPs talk, the "it sounds like noises but you just kind of know what they mean" so I've always sort of wondered how you'd portray that with speech bubbles without being too invasive or distracting. So I drew some thoughts

[Image: pitter_patter.png]
I definitely could have made it more interesting but I think it's a good thing if it's subtle? If it's too fancy it's more visible than the words which is a bad idea. Maybe TCPs just aren't meant to have speech bubbles, but oh well, I LOVE it when people do fancy stuff with speech bubbles so yeah I'm just doing that. Meo isn't there because watermelon types aren't official and I haven't written a fake bio for them so I don't know what her voice sounds like in the first place
I'd love to do something big and fancy with these guys but motivation for big projects is non existent and I don't like drawing backgrounds which is usually a required skill so I guess I'll just have these concepts doing Not Much until then
That's really cute, I love this idea
So, uh. whoops! Sorry, didn't mean to immediately stop drawing TCPs so suddenly, I got super distracted by another OC group of mine that I've been developing A LOT since I stopped drawing here (I made them two days after my last post here and never looked back). So here's some doodles of the ones this thread is about-

Scott waves! This was a doodle to remember how to draw him before I did something better but I ended up liking it more than any others so now you can just have this one. He's not perfect but he's cute

Meo obtains a TCP sized melon. Confusion ensues

Dusty makes a small dust friend out of their dust. Because I think that's cute

None of these are particularly special but oh well, it's nice to draw them again. Will I disappear into the abyss for two months again? Who knows! I make no guarantees
Just a perfectly average doodle of Dusty. That is all
how can it be perfectly average when dusty is such a wonderful friend
Well I can say for certain that THIS Dusty is absolutely a wonderful friend

[Image: picocad_16.gif]

I made this a couple of days ago and a couple people have already seen it, but I used picoCAD (https://johanpeitz.itch.io/picocad) which is a really cute low-poly modeller and I've made a few things with it but this is the only TCP. I wanted to give them arms but I couldn't be bothered to texture them so I didn't, but hey that doesn't stop them from being adorable!
*models Dusty in 3D for the fourth time because I have no other ideas*

[Image: dustybabysized.gif]
(full size version here (not that it makes much difference other than being a 14MB file instead of a 4MB one))

But in all seriousness I have in fact modelled Dusty AGAIN, this time in Blender with a bunch of Blender techniques I couldn't explain if I tried, which include outlines! Whiskers! No shading! I've been learning Blender for a couple weeks or something now, but this is the first TCP thing I've made. I might get around to modelling the others this time! We'll see
I made another one because Blender is fun! It's Scott! Maybe next time I'll do Meo

[Image: scottbabysized2.gif]
Not much to say about this one, other than apologise for the slightly wonky looking texture and the colour banding. I can't do much about either
I found this very small Scott doodle from the beginning of March while digging through my files and I think people should know it exists

[Image: tiny_babby_boy.png]
Woah I have things to say today! But first some Dustys from the past few months. I have a scanner now so my traditional stuff will look a little cleaner (please ignore the horrible ink smudge on the first one husidfhs)

I've been animating 2D stuff using Blender recently, and it's a lot of fun! I've still got a lot to learn but I want to animate these guys someday. Probably Dusty because I want to see those whiskers wiggle and I'm willing to suffer drawing their markings every frame for that. But sadly I've been having laggy tablet and laptop troubles so that might not happen for a while because I have no estimate for when that'll get fixed, but whenver it does get fixed I want to draw my TCPs a little more in general! I love them and I also want to draw something polished with them instead of many, many doodles. We'll have to wait and see what happens
ohhh i cannot wait to see animation stuff!!

i love how you draw dusty's whiskers and markings...so soft and good
I was suddenly overcome by the desire to draw all three of them! So I did!

[Image: TCPs_baby_sized.png]
Yay! There they are! I'm really happy to see them lined up like this. It's not perfect, but that's alright, I think it's cute. Also it finally let me draw my lil headcanon that even though space types and dust types are both 4 inches tall, I like to think Dusty is just a little shorter than Scott. I don't know why, it just has vibes. Also, this has been on her Toyhouse for a while but Meo is 3.5 inches tall. Tiny!

Still no real update on my tablet lag troubles. Blender is still lagging a lot, even though FireAlpaca (my main program) is mostly smooth now. I've got a lot of other personal things on my mind currently so I'm fine with it like this until I get some more free time to actually try to figure out what's going on. Animation will happen eventually, probably
three of them! theyre all very cute!
back at it again at krispy kreme
Some people might have already seen this but I added it to my signature yesterday but I drew a new Scott that links to here so it's more obvious he's clickable. And also I just wanted to get rid of the old one because I'm pretty sure I drew it with a mouse

I have a new TCP! She's a wool type. She doesn't have a name yet but I have a few ideas so hopefully she won't be nameless for as long as Dusty. Anyway here she is! I love her already! Such a fluffy friend!

[Image: woll_small.png]
friend shaped!!
back at it again at krispy kreme
That lil Scott link is wonderful! And yay! New cat! Already love how you draw the wool
Give Me Your Coins

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.