Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PUNCH CLOCK ANIMAL] MAYBEQUEST: PART 1
Size him up. Watch his patterns. For now I think this will be much more of a bull fight- more of a taunt and run sort of strategy than landing any actual hits.
(Our meat scythe doesn't have its meat anymore. Does that mean the walls will be going down soon as well? Keep our eyes out- we should bolt as soon as we can)
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[Image: 350.png]
MAY: We’re not trying to fuck with you, we’re just trying to get the hell out of here!
MAY: You’re the one throwing meat at us!
????: Oh, I’m the one doing that?
????: If you’re gonna start throwing accusations around-

[Image: 351.png]

He whips around and grabs Chance in a sweeping motion, gripping the dog in his giant fist.
Chance gasps as he’s lifted high into the air, ending up face-to-face with the creature. Beads of sweat roll down Chance’s brow as the canine starts to look panicked.
????: At least get the right goddamn person!
????: Not so tough now without your little stick, huh?
????: I have half a mind to fucking fry you right here in my hand, give you a taste of your own goddamn medicine-

[Image: 352.png]
Nelson darts forward and tries to whack his shock stick against the monster’s ankle, getting a snarl out of him. 

????: You little shit!
CHANCE: Sorry for-

[Image: 353.png]

Chance stammers, trying to maintain composure while the monster's grip squeezes the air out of him.
CHANCE: We didn’t… know it was anybody else. 
CHANCE: The other person was… She was just here.
CHANCE: ...Who are you?
????: Why’s it matter to you? All you care about is taking us out!
????: And in the end, you’re no different to me.
????: You’re just another mark on our hitlist. 

Chance tries to respond, but only ends up coughing, the ruffneck squirming in the monster’s grip.

[Image: 354.png]

Nelson goes for another whack, and the monster simply swats him away with his massive tail. Dwayne just barely manages to catch him before he hits the ground, breaking his fall. 

????: Just more fucking dirty work that gets shoved onto me!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
tell him he's wrong. there's one person in there may cares about, harvey gave may hope, told her she can have a name, let her think that someday things might get better. Are they going to throw away harvey's kindness? the hope they gave may? tear away any possibility of a a future for May, the crew, or the kids?

May and co don't want to fight or kill, just a chance at freedom, at an actual future.

fighting tips: stab the stomach mouth for massive damage! maybe! Idk guys you've been punching above your weightclass for like, thirty panels.
Ohhh yes smartass the only thing we care about is taking you out, not y'know actually trying to survive being "just another mark on your hitlist"? what, no right to defend ourselves even? or are you just pissy because someone's actually fighting back and not rolling over and dying all easy like? Yep, just Dirty work for your poor tortured soul
had it ever fucking occurred to you that it's actually people down here getting warped beyond recognition? or is that something you try to drive from your head to help whoever's murderous ass is there sleep at night?
There's a 95% chance I'm thinking of either a Pun or Mega Man at any given time

[Image: 12_10_10_23_11_44_26.png]Character thread here (always a WIP)! [Image: 12_11_10_23_7_45_27.png]
Ask him “Aren’t you tired of all of this, only death and destruction? None of it is good, you’re just a tool being used just like everyone else here. Let us leave and maybe have something good on your Conscience.” ???
:3
[Image: 355.png]

MAY: So what, we don’t have the right to defend ourselves?
MAY: Or maybe you’re just pissy because somebody’s actually fighting back, and not rolling over and dying to make this easy for you!

The creature turns to face you, his snarl intensifying as you goad him. You get a glimpse of Chance’s face- he’s staring at you, wide-eyed and nervous.

[Image: 356.png]
MAY: Yeah, smartass, we’re just dirty work for your poor, tortured soul. 
MAY: Has it ever fucking occured to you that it’s actually people down here getting fucked up like this?
MAY: Or do you just pretend like that’s not happening, to help you sleep better at night?
MAY: You’re just a tool getting used like everybody else here!
MAY: Let us leave and maybe do something good for once in your life!
????: What do you know about my life?
????: You don’t know shit about me, kid!

[Image: 357.png]

He tightens his grip on Chance, enough to get a high pitched yelp out of the dog. 

DWAYNE: Uhhh, Suplex?!
DWAYNE: Might wanna… be careful with how you talk to him! Considering Chance is… y’know...
MAY:  ...Well, he’s wrong, anyways!
MAY: There’s one person in there that I care about!
????: Oh yeah?
????: You care, you little runt?

[Image: 358.png]

He tosses Chance aside. You wince as the ruffneck hits the floor and skids. He doesn’t get back up. 
Now the monster’s attention is all on you, looming in and baring his teeth in full, electricity starting to crackle around his collar. 

????: Tell me, how the fuck do you care about any of us?
MAY: Harvey gave me hope.

At the mention of Harvey’s name, he scoffs, tossing his head.

????: That old windbag-
MAY: She gave me a name! She let me think that someday, things could be better!
????: I’m sure she did! I’m sure she filled your head full of fucking rainbows and daydreams, and made you feel like the world was gonna be perfect outside of these halls!
????: Guess what? It isn’t!
MAY: It’s probably better than being in here, still!
MAY: And you’re just gonna tear that possibility away?
MAY: For us?
MAY: For the kids?

[Image: 359.png]

He freezes.

????: ...kids?
That seems to have caught his attention. Press the point about all of this being about getting the kids to safety, someplace that isn't this hell.
You might want to gesture towards the meat wall/fuller, might be a good time to drop Anya's name, point out she's turning kids into monsters for someone, and that you are trying to get any you can find away from her.

If you can, see if you can get around to Chance, but keep your distance, I don't think Nelson's going to be able to carry him out.
[Image: 360.png]

MAY: Yeah, kids!
MAY: All of this is an attempt to get as many people out of here as possible. But, more than that, it’s turned into getting some kids out who need it!
????: …

His gaze is entirely focused on you now, but it isn’t as cold as before. 

????: Go on.
MAY: You know Anya, don’t you?
????: Course I do. Hate her guts.
????: She’s one of the worst people alive, if you can even call her either of those things. 
????: ...I know what she does, I know what this place is, and I know that trying to get out of this place in your position is a suicide mission.
MAY: We got this far, didn’t we?
MAY: Further than anybody else-

FULLER: For the- stop running!

[Image: 361.png]

Before you can really process it, a tiny karacel comes running up to both of you, and your blood runs ice cold. Your tail reaches out to stop her in the nick of time. You try not to let the panic show as you realize just how dangerous it is for Melanie to be this close to the beast, but you can’t stop her from wiggling away from your grip enough to poke her head out and sniffle. 

MELANIE: S-Stop it!
MELANIE: He’s hurting Chance!

Just what I need right now. Great.

[Image: 362.png]

You look up to see Fuller trailing behind, struggling to catch up- Mel must have gotten a hell of a head start. Mason struggles to keep up while holding Maes in his arms, not wanting her to run in her sickly state. 

MAY: Doc, keep ‘em back! This guy’s dangerous!
????: I’m not gonna hurt kids!
MAY: Chelsea threatened to kill them!
????:  That’s her, not me. She’s not calling the shots right now, and I...I don’t do that.
????: Those kids... Those are Anya’s kids, though.
????: ...you’re even more suicidal than I thought.
MAY: They need out. Doesn’t matter who they are.
????: I’m not gonna deny that, but no fucking wonder you’ve got us on your tails. You just painted the biggest possible targets on your backs. 
????: I’ve wanted to do what you’re trying to pull off for years, but it’s impossible.
????: Even with how far you’ve come, even if we let you go right now, you still have to make it through the surface levels undetected.
????: ...and we just covered one of you in blood.
MAY: We’ll make it work. We’re getting them out of here. 
MAY: I’m not giving up. None of us are.

[Image: 363.png]

No one else says a word. You get the feeling that it’s partially out of fear of the beast, but partially out of agreement- but maybe nobody wants to say it outright. In the silence, Dwayne sneaks over to check on Chance, who still isn’t moving.

????: I...didn’t know the kids were here. 
????: I wouldn’t have fought like that if I did. Especially, uh…

[Image: 364.png]

He glances down at Melanie, who looks up at him with wide, tearful eyes.

????: ...especially not somebody who seems to be important to them. 
????: All I knew is that somebody was fighting us, and when we get shocked or burned or shit like that, I tend to get dragged in. 
????: Just along for the ride.
Tell him you have a chance(well currently he has one), not a big one, and you're aware that you could die or worse at any moment. But... you have to try. You began this as a suicide mission really. didn't expect to get this far, didn't expect the kids, but now there's something bigger than yourself. a way to screw over mother dearest and give some kids a chance at a less terrible life. you hope you'll be a part of it, but would lay down your life to get the kids to a better place.

Sorry you got a rough deal, but will you help us? or barring that just let us go? turn a blind eye? anything.
[Image: 365.png]

MAY: We have a chance- not a big one, and we could always die or worse.
MAY: But we gotta try.
MAY: Yeah, this started as a suicide mission and I don’t think any of us expected to get this far...or pick up these kids either.
MAY: But this is something bigger than just us now.
MAY: We can try to help give some kids a chance at a less terrible life. And screwing over the people who kept us here is a bonus. It's worth a shot.
MAY: I wanna be a part of it, and I guess at this point I’d do a hell of a lot to get us out of here. 
MAY: I’m sorry you got a rough deal and all, but you’ve got the chance to help us out now.
MAY: Or just...let us go. 
MAY: Look the other way. Anything.

[Image: 366.png]

The beast sighs, rubbing his face into one of his massive hands. 

????: It won’t do you much good.
????: They’ll find you, and they’ll catch you.
????: And when they do, they will kill you.
????: If you somehow manage to avoid that, it’ll be a miracle. 
????: But I can give you a shot at getting out if you’re so determined to try.
????: Just...don’t expect that hope to last. It never does, not when dealing with these fucking people.

DWAYNE: Thank GOD.

[Image: 367.png]
You peek over, the pockitt having interjected from his spot looking over Chance. 

DWAYNE: I mean...no offense, I just don’t think we could take any more beatings from you.
DWAYNE: Or...whoever was around earlier. Chelsea, I think.
????: ...yeah.

[Image: 368.png]

Doc Fuller leans over, doing their best to whisper in your ear.

FULLER: Keep an eye on the other kids. I’m going to go take a look at Chance.
MAY: On it.

[Image: 369.png]

You shuffle a little closer to Mason as the doc tries to sidle away, the beast following with his eyes and saying nothing. You get the feeling that he understands the situation enough at this point, and you swear that there’s...a bit of guilt in his eyes. 

????: The wall that Chelsea put up’s gotta be weak by now thanks to both me being out and the one in specs hacking away at it.
????: I’ll tear it down and you’ll have a clear shot at the elevator to the surface.
????: But that doesn’t change the fact that you’re covered in blood, and one of your group’s knocked out.
NELSON: Maybe someone will help us!

You startle a bit at the softbody’s sudden intrusion.

NELSON: I mean...fuck, I don’t know. 
NELSON: If we’re trying to get out of here, I’d hope that things are better up there.
NELSON: People might see us and try to help us through if we explain-
????: You tell anybody about this place, you’ve marked them good as dead.
????: Anya and Spit will do whatever it takes to silence people who know about what goes on down here. 
????: If you have to say something, lie. 
????: Even that might not be enough, but it’d be something.
NELSON: A-ah…

The beast doesn’t wait for Nelson to come up with any kind of response, straightening out his back and stepping forward. 

????: Wall’s not going to tear itself down.
????: Move.

[Image: 370.png]

You pull Mason out of the way with your good arm, Melanie still wrapped up in your tail. Both you and Nelson watch as the monster pushes on the flesh wall with a single palm with a derisive snort, almost mockingly, before slashing through the entire thing with a single motion.

The barrier that prevented you from leaving this hellish corridor is gone now.
thank him and run for it
Check with Fuller to see if Chance is at least going to be in any shape, he took a bad hit. Maybe we'll be lucky enough that he'll get to see the surface again.
[Image: 371.png]

You decide to go check with Fuller to see how Chance is doing, and to your relief, it looks like he’s starting to come to. 

MAY: How’s he holding up?
FULLER: Well, he’s alive. 

The dog gazes up at you as you approach, looking dazed.

CHANCE: ...the kids?
MAY: They're safe. 

[Image: 372.png]

You lift up your tail, Melanie reaching out with her little paws to give Chance the best hug she can reach.

Chance's grip is weak, but he squeezes her back as best he can, relief washing over his face as he spots Maes and Mason just to the side.

CHANCE: I'm glad.
CHANCE: What happened to--?

[Image: 373.png]

He spots the monster as he turns his head back, and instinctively pulls Melanie close.

MAY: He backed off when he noticed the kids. 

You make sure to whisper this next part.

MAY: He's kind of an ass, but when it comes to them, I'm betting he's as soft as you.

[Image: 374.png]

His expression softens, and he lets Melanie go, letting out a big sigh.
Chance, surprisingly, addresses the towering figure who had previously knocked him out.

CHANCE: I'm glad we were able to work things out.

The beast avoids eye contact.

????: ...yeah. Sorry about that.
CHANCE: It's okay, I wasn't knocked out for very long, I don't think.

The dog struggles to get to his feet, but you quickly help him up.

CHANCE: I'm Chance, by the way.
CHANCE: What's your name?
????: ...Bazil. 
????: Not that it matters, you're never going to see me again one way or the other.
CHANCE: You could always come with us, Bazil.
CHANCE: We could use the muscle, and I doubt you wanna stay here.
????: Tch...

[Image: 375.png]

He stretches out, the bulk of his form fading with a crackle across his skin. Before long, he's back to the karacel form he was in earlier, staggering a bit as he loses his balance. 

BAZIL: No can do.
BAZIL: There's a million reasons as to why that couldn't work, and you don't have time for me to go over all of them.
BAZIL: You're best off just leaving me and going ahead before they come for you.
BAZIL: Chances are they're already on their way to clean up after us.

Chance is quiet for a moment, then gives Bazil a nod.

CHANCE: Just... get out when you can, okay?
CHANCE: And if you change your mind, there's a spot for you.
BAZIL: I'm not gonna make promises I can't keep. 
BAZIL: Now stop yammering and get yourselves patched up before you get killed. 
FULLER: R-right...look, Suplex, I have to patch you up now, too- you're going to bleed everywhere and I don't need you passing out either.
MAY: Wh- no, I'm good.
FULLER: You are not good, and the more blood you get everywhere, the worse we’re going to look. For god’s sake. Come here.

[Image: 376.png]

You begrudgingly let Fuller take some bandages out and get to work on your arm, wincing as the wound stings. Whatever medicine they’re putting on it stings like hell, but they keep telling you it’ll keep it from getting worse. 

FULLER: I really wish I could stitch it up here, but this is going to have to do for now...

[Image: 377.png]

As the doctor works, you can’t help but let your gaze sneak back over to Bazil, your blood running cold as you notice Mason wandering over to bother him. 

MASON: You’re not so big and tough anymore.
BAZIL: You’re not too big and tough yourself, kid.
MASON: I’m bigger and tougher than the others!
BAZIL: Guess that’s fair, you the same age?

[Image: 378.png]

He nods, and Bazil smiles a little.

BAZIL: I stand corrected, you are relatively big and tough.
BAZIL: You, uh...you keep at it and you’ll probably get big enough to flip a car or something someday.
MASON: What’s a car?
BAZIL: ...don’t worry about it, kid. Just know that you’ll be able to flip one.

You exhale in relief, only to have Fuller wrap a bandage around your hand especially tight.

MAY: Watch it!
FULLER: Sorry! 
FULLER: You’re all done, anyway.
MAY: Sheesh…
[Image: 379.png]

You get to your feet, dusting yourself off and watching as your party comes together again.

MAY: Everybody ready to go?

There’s a collective murmur of agreement, but nobody seems as enthusiastic as before- considering you just got the shit kicked out of you, you can’t blame them.

MAY: Look, we’re almost there. We just need to get to that elevator.
MAY: Then we’ll be on the surface, and we’re home free. 
MAY: Right?
DWAYNE: Right!

[Image: 380.png]

Dwayne’s enthusiasm catches a bit, and peoples’ energy starts to pick up. You sigh and head over one last time to Bazil, extending your good hand.

MAY: Thank you for letting us go.

He just kind of stares at you.

BAZIL: Don’t thank me when I beat your ass.
BAZIL: We’re not the kind of people who deserve that kind of appreciation, and the shit we’ve done here today even aside from just now would make me feel dirty shaking somebody’s hand, even if it wasn’t me who did it.
BAZIL: Just go. 
MAY: ...yeah.

You pull your hand away, giving him a nod.

MAY: Hope you get out of this someday too, man.
BAZIL: Not planning on it. 
BAZIL: Now fucking, go already! God!
MAY: Alright, alright!

[Image: 381.png]

You turn and start moving, the rest of your party already having picked up their backpacks. You sling yours over your shoulder as Nelson hands it over, and the whole party books it down the hall.

And there it is.

The elevator.

You set Maes down, the maybecat hesitating for a moment before reaching for your hand. She looks scared, more at the prospect of heading through those doors than the situation that the party was just in. 

MAES: Is this the way out?
MAY: ...yeah. It is.
MAES: Oh…
MAY: Hey, chin up. 
MAY: It gets better from here on out, yeah?
MAES: Y-yeah...

There’s a button going up, and a button going down.

we gotta go up, yeah? squeeze maes's hand gently
push both buttons
[Image: 382.png]

You press the button going up, and you swear that you feel your heart about to pound out of your chest. This is it. 

Maes is still looking up at you, and you give her hand a squeeze for strength. 

MAY: Seriously, it’s gonna be okay.
MAY: You’re gonna get out of here and we’re gonna have a new life.
MAES: ...away from Mom…
MAY: ...yeah. Away from her.

There’s a moment of silence before she speaks up again. 
MAES: She’s going to be really mad at me for going away.
MAES: I had stuff to do with her, and now I’m not going to do it.
MAY: Y-yeah?
MAES: She was going to teach me more about reading. I’m still learning.
MAY: Well hey, we can learn together out there.

Her eyes widen. 
MAES: You don’t know how to read?
MAY: Nope. Never got taught.
MAES: Oh...I thought all grown ups knew how.
MAY: ...not all of us were lucky enough to get classes, kid.
MAES: Mom does say stuff like that a lot…
MAES: That me and Mel and Mason are lucky, because she’ll teach us things and take care of us and give us food…
MAY: Yeah.
MAY: Lot of us didn’t get that. So...I guess I’m gonna start doing that for myself, now.
MAY: And I figure we can do that other stuff for you three too. Somehow.

She smiles a little, and you feel relief wash over you. Maybe you’re not so bad at this.

[Image: 383.png]

You hear something going on behind you, and your ear twitches as you listen in.
FULLER: Not now. 
FULLER: Leave her be.
NELSON: I just want to check on her-
FULLER: She’s talking with one of the kids, have some decency and give her some space.
FULLER: Frankly the two of you shouldn’t be attached at the hip anyway, you’re playing a dangerous game with your whole...relationship, and I don’t like it.
NELSON: But-
FULLER: But nothing.

You catch a sigh, and from the corner of your eye you can see Fuller massaging their temple. 
FULLER: I appreciate you stepping in and fighting for us earlier.
FULLER: You clearly want to be a part of this team and you’re willing to make things happen.
FULLER: But I do not trust a guard who’s willing to get into some kind of messed up, whatever you have, with another maybecat. 
FULLER: I may not have grown up with the others or gone through the mutation process, but I still have the collar to prove I’m considered one of them.
FULLER: And I know enough about us and my own studies on psychology to know that what you’re doing is wrong. 
FULLER: So don’t test my patience-

Their voice is like ice. 

FULLER: Or you’re going to be sorely missing having a doctor around to help you specifically.
FULLER: Understand?
NELSON: ...got it. 

[Image: 384.png]

They grow silent, and your urge to eavesdrop continues as you listen for what else is going on in the hallway. There’s a sudden noise of alarm from your other side, and you whip around to see Melanie stagger and nearly collapse.

Chance is already on it. He reacts quickly and scoops her up, then winces in pain, having to catch himself on the wall with his other hand.
CHANCE: I got you. You okay?
MELANIE: I'm o-okay-!
MELANIE: Just feel weird, I think...

She looks up at him, startled when she sees the bruises on his arms.
MELANIE: You're hurt!
MELANIE: Why-

He follows her eyeline as he sets her down.
CHANCE: Oh this?
CHANCE: I got hurt earlier, from Bazil.
CHANCE: But I'm okay! Promise.
CHANCE: It's no big deal at all.
MELANIE: Bazil? 
MELANIE: Who's Bazil?
MELANIE: What happened?

Her brows furrow, the kid clearly distressed. Chance opens his mouth, the words not quite coming out yet.
CHANCE: ...Bazil's the person we met earlier.
CHANCE: We had a disagreement, but he turned out to be nice.
CHANCE: ...You don't... remember at all?
MELANIE: No...
MELANIE: I'm sorry...
[Image: 385.png]
Melanie seems to droop a little, upset with herself- but you swear there's something off about it, where things are just a bit different than when she got upset earlier.

You can't put your finger on it, though.

Chance's shoulders drop almost imperceptibly. 

You catch a glance at his face. It's difficult to read, but he seems almost... despondent. His eyes are sullen, the smile he usually has around the kids eroding away.

But, it picks back up again quickly. His tone grows quieter now, though; as if how he responded suddenly became much more important.
CHANCE: ...That's okay. It might've been a little scary, so you forgot, that's all. 
CHANCE: It happens. You don't need to worry.

He looks down at his bruised arms.
CHANCE: ...We're both having a little trouble right now, huh?
CHANCE: But we can work on it together, right?
MELANIE: Okay...okay.
MELANIE: We'll be okay.
MELANIE: Right?

He nods.
CHANCE: We'll be okay.
CHANCE: Just have to ride up the elevator, and we're out of here.
CHANCE: ...I've always got you, okay?
Chance notices her still-worried expression.
CHANCE: Here.
He crouches down, putting his hands behind him.
CHANCE: For old time's sake.
CHANCE: How's that sound?

[Image: 386.png]

She nods and immediately goes for it, clambering up onto his back. 
MELANIE: I'm ready!

He hops up with her in tow, paying no attention to any pain he might've felt from holding her.
CHANCE: Elevator should be here aaaany minute.
CHANCE: We can ride up like this, if you want to!

Melanie seems cheered up immediately, all signs of distress gone from her face. 

MELANIE: Yeah!!

[Image: 387.png]

...you file this interaction away with a sense of unease, and turn your attention to the last two members of your party.
DWAYNE: Hey, kiddo.
MASON: ...don’t call me that.
DWAYNE: You got it.
DWAYNE: Just wanted to know how you’re holding up after all that.
MASON: I’m...fine.
DWAYNE: You weren’t scared-
MASON: No.
MASON: I could have helped if the doctor let me.
DWAYNE: I dunno about that, though your guts are appreciated.
DWAYNE: Good to see that kind of courage on the team.
MASON: Yeah?
MASON: You think I’m brave?
DWAYNE: I mean, you walked right up to that guy after he kicked the sh- the tar out of Chance. 
DWAYNE: I couldn’t have done that. I was terrified of him!
DWAYNE: Braver than me, at the very least.
MASON: Heh…
DWAYNE: Hey, I got a smile out of you.
DWAYNE: First time I’ve seen that.
Mason doesn’t give a response, and there’s a moment before Dwayne starts up again.
DWAYNE: You really need out of here, huh?
MASON: ...yeah.
MASON: I don’t...want to leave Mom, but she’s…
DWAYNE: Mean?
MASON: Yeah...she hurts me a lot.
MASON: I end up getting all bloody and messy when they do the tests and everyone makes a fuss but they keep doing it…
DWAYNE: You won’t have to deal with any more of that.
DWAYNE: I’ll punch anybody who starts anything with you, got that?
MASON: I thought you weren’t brave.
DWAYNE: Well...I can learn.
[Image: 388.png]

The elevator dings as the doors start to open, and everyone freezes. It’s large and completely empty.
Nobody moves at first.
MAY: Come on. Let’s go.
Everyone starts filing in, spacing out throughout the elevator. You stand by the buttons, ready to push- until you realize you can’t read any of them. 
MAY: Uh...help, somebody. Reading.
FULLER: I got it.

Fuller presses the top button, and the doors close. The elevator starts moving slowly, and you feel a bit woozy at the feeling- you’d only been on these when they were transporting you around the cell blocks growing up, and you don’t think you’d ever get used to it. Blech. 

But then-

It stops, jolting everyone around. 

[Image: 389.png]
NELSON: What’s going on?!
FULLER: I- I don’t know, I didn’t touch anything-
DWAYNE: We can’t be close to the surface already-
The elevator is cast in red as a light above the door flickers on, and the voice that comes from the speaker nearby is unmistakable.

[Image: 390.png]
ANYA: You all thought you could make your way out of here just like that, didn’t you?
ANYA: I knew I couldn’t count on Chelsea to clean things up.
ANYA: You may have gotten this far, but I’m not letting you progress any further.

ANYA: IT-573-
[Image: 391.png]

Nelson’s frown deepens as his old number is called, twisting into a snarl.  
ANYA: You’ve gone against your orders as a guard and let one of our candidates escape- though to call her a candidate really is pushing things, as she never had a chance anyway.
ANYA: I suppose I shouldn’t have expected better from your performance, considering you choose to sleep with something like her.
NELSON: Don’t talk about her like that!

Anya doesn’t respond, pressing forward. 

[Image: 392.png]
ANYA: IT-966, IT-394...you really have disappointed me as well. You had clean records up until this point, enough to the point where I allowed 966 to interact with my daughters.
ANYA: Words cannot describe the betrayal I feel at your mutiny-
ANYA: But I suppose my actions will make those feelings very clear.

Dwayne says nothing, gripping the straps of his backpack tighter.
Chance grits his teeth, but can’t hold his tongue.

[Image: 393.png]

CHANCE: They’ve always deserved better than you.

His rebellious streak peaks, going for a low-blow without raising his voice.
CHANCE: Really, anyone who could actually get things done for them.
CHANCE: Not some deadbeat.
His eyes widen, surprised at himself as he quickly shuts up. There's a moment of irritated hesitation before Anya presses on.
ANYA: MC-157...tch.
[Image: 394.png]

Fuller’s ears flop back, their gaze to the floor. 
ANYA: I knew raising one of you creatures as a doctor without my supervision would be a mistake.
ANYA: I always suspected your treachery, but to have it confirmed like this…Disgusting.
ANYA: And MC-173...oh, 173, you’re the real problem here, aren’t you?
ANYA: After all I’ve done for you.
ANYA: I’d say you could have had a chance at being one of my daughters, but any time spent on testing and training you was a waste.
ANYA: I’m glad I never bothered teaching you anything academic, because that would have been a completely futile effort spent on something that could never amount to anything. 
ANYA: And yet, I tried for years despite this, and you repaid me by
ANYA: KIDNAPPING 
ANYA: MY
ANYA: DAUGHTERS.

[Image: 395.png]

Her voice seems to nearly bust the speakers, everyone wincing. You think Maes is starting to cry a little, and you give her hand a squeeze, trying to look stronger than you feel right about now. Your blood is boiling and it’s all you can do to keep yourself from screaming right back at her, but judging from Nelson earlier, it wouldn’t do any good. 

ANYA: I will get them back.
ANYA: Maes and Melanie will be mine again, and you’ll sorely regret even thinking of crossing my path. 
ANYA: You foolish, idiotic mistakes.  
ANYA: But as for Margaret…

[Image: 396.png]

Mason flinches, his eyes welling up with tears as the next words leave the speaker. 

ANYA: You can keep her.
ANYA: She serves no use to me anymore.
ANYA: I’m sure you’ll get along well in your final hours. The two of you have so much in common, 173.
ANYA: Absolute, total failures.
ANYA: A waste of goddamn oxygen.

[Image: 397.png]

The elevator jolts, a sudden downward motion sending the party staggering.

ANYA: You will all pay for what you’ve done.
ANYA: And it will be a long, torturous death.
ANYA: Not at my hands, though, no.
ANYA: I can’t bear the idea of washing off your filthy remains.
ANYA: Enjoy your bodies twisting into horrid flesh, all before being eaten alive.
ANYA: Goodbye.

[Image: 398.png]

The elevator plunges.

END OF PART ONE

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.