Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PROJECT DISCUSSION] Ashtray
discuss...ashtray!

remember to spoiler things using spoiler tags! (spoiler in square brackets, similar to bolding/italics!)
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
hohkay this is update 24 i think that just got published today...second update showing bazil's headspace form, and a lot more of his personality. he fucking hates being shoved around and is pretty insecure about his overall form, from everything to the size to the scars. chelsea's not sure how to behave around him a lot of the time, and in a situation like this, when pushed to choose between people she once knew and presumably liked quite a bit (even if they're being really, really shitty), and the person she has no choice in sharing a brain with, she's kind of in a rough position.

around 12ish updates to go!
update 25! things are starting to get a little weird now. props to como for the lighting/palette shift idea, the colors flipping over to a cooler palette was a really cool change that really adds to the dreamlike atmosphere of this party!

discuss your theories...
time to be obnoxious and ramble on about the project

so a fun fact now that derry's headspace design has been revealed officially in project for the first time: horse pinitelle faces are vaguely inspired by takara ponies, a japanese spinoff of my little pony toys that are incredibly rare and highly prized among collectors. as a toy collector i'm pretty fascinated by stuff like this, and i've always found these to be really cute...they have a sort of softness to them that i think works well with cloth pinata flaps, though i definitely deviated a bit when putting together the facial structure for derry in the final panels. its face is more of a rounded, squishy snout, and if you gave it a proper squeeze, it'd make a squeak!

[Image: kGMiJYS.png][Image: 3r8qqYZ.png]

i can give other pinitelle anatomy facts if people want to hear them- they're not made of paper, that's for sure
Oh fascinating. I didn't know Pinitelle weren't paper. What other quirks of pinitelle anatomy does Derry have?
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
pinitelles are mainly composed of an organic, slime-like substance often likened to candy due to its sweet, sugary taste, though the exact flavor and consistency varies from pinitelle to pinitelle. (derry is lemon lime, i think?) this substance is contained within a thick, hard "candy" shell capable of moving flexibly, not unlike the organic shell of an OBJ/corvice- these species have a lot in common! unlike corvice/OBJ however, the pinitelle shell is capable of shattering into large chunks, revealing the candy innards inside- thankfully, pinitelles have one of the fastest healing times in morbit, and can fully recover from a fully detached limb in about an hour so long as the seams are matched back up on the pieces and held tight. a fabric layer lays loose on top of the candy shell, kind of like a wrapper- it's water resistant and keeps the candy shell from getting sticky or otherwise nasty, and fabric pinata ruffles tend to lay on top of that. some morphs vary, such as the alibrije morph having exposed candy shell (mimicking wood carvings), but this is generally what you can expect from a pinitelle's anatomy!
spoilers (and a mild blood warn) for updates far in the future, but i need to get you to look at this thread somehow
Show ContentSpoiler:
ashtray update 26 is now up! and now we see something weird...the dreams converging? whose dream really is this? discuss!
for some bonus content: refs for the side characters!
[Image: ty6Rzxr.png][Image: Ovi3VEQ.png][Image: Y5WpSVO.png][Image: jRvFQn2.png][Image: uQRGxfQ.png][Image: 4Ye8u8F.png][Image: uEzcrSi.png][Image: 9kuZDN4.png]

also, a preview for next week!
[Image: 029ZEPM.png]
shared dream shared dream!!! i need to reread the earlier dream sequences now...
no longer active
update 27! uncomfortable dinner parties are kind of a huge mood for me so uh...yeah. they'd show up in a nightmare for me too. gotta wonder why these people know these rumors about derry, though...

preview for next update...shit's getting kind of fucked
[Image: Da7QjLu.png]
I know it's been mentioned that demons have some sort of connection to their deities, maybe it's coming through here too?
Like this whole sit-down seemed kind of Rein-themed and I thought it was just Bucket processing some stuff that might have led to the current situation, I know dreams can be messy but I haven't had enough to really tell.

I'm getting  this feeling of expectation on Chelsea's side too, which might even be some of Spit's views of Chelsea... it might be reaching a bit but we've seen similar stuff with her TCPs and especially Hark.
really really think this has to do with the cigarette burn. ALSO i know this is a dream and she’s not real (at least the iteration we’re seeing of her anyway) but buckets aunt is making me so mad. they were doing their JOB!!!!! literally preventing conflicts and keeping a fight from breaking out and if they had been allowed to their job bazil probably wouldn’t have bit that person!!! but nooooo entertaining a bunch of stuffy rich people is so much more important >=(
no longer active
update 28!
shit's getting pretty rough and it's clear that our dreamers have intersected in some way...whose dream even is this at this point? it's been a hot minute since i've been able to draw gore so this whole sequence is a big challenge for me, and trust me, it only gets weirder and wilder from here. keep the theories coming!

[Image: FwDyzFo.png]
next update....gets a little messy!
update 29, things really hit the fan- but we get to directly see chelsea using her scrap abilities for the first time in any project, so that's kind of cool on a meta perspective! not as cool on a narrative perspective for her, though. 

next update...oh dear
[Image: Gt9ywuL.png]
UPDATE 30 OH GOD THIS WAS THE HARDEST UPDATE IN THE ENTIRE COMIC

this was DEFINITELY the most intensive update in the entire comic both length and detail wise, though the next update has some of the most dynamic action shots (that could definitely use work, the update AFTER next is when i started getting anatomy/pose help from pear) but oh god this one was just a fucking killer
BUT we think it came out really fucking good and it was during a really emotionally rough period for us irl so getting to draw a bunch of flesh monsters was actually pretty therapeutic, in a weird way
also more chelsea scrap magic whoooooo

[Image: xB3diCs.png]
next update...a showdown!
whoops i forgot to do a discussion thread thing last time

UPDATE 32- in which pear starts helping with anatomy and posing! and also matthias gets the living shit kicked out of him
we get to see bazil use his scrap abilities here for the first time as well- shock scraps! these can both apply to shock waves and more lightning-y/electric shocks, or a combination of the two...kind of a bullshitty thing on my part, but it's just fun. maybe they can also work as emotional shocks...

[Image: A8hQGjn.png]
in update 33, a dog is cornered...
very cool update! it was really nice to see everyone working together =)

also, noticed this. not sure what it means but i'm looking.
[Image: HMMMM.png]
no longer active
update 33! a short one but leading up into a hell of a big one, one of our absolute favorites...not sure what to say here, but there's gonna be a big ol beatdown next week
[Image: WEPO4jr.png]
welp
update 34
in which we finally witness a morbit villain get their just desserts
is it deserved? is it justified? is it too far? Discuss

also, next week preview
[Image: joJqD0o.png]
bazil fight with scrap punch just like pepper ;___;

also holy SHIT bucket
no longer active
UPDATE 35 ONE LEFT ITS JUST THE EPILOGUE LEFT
small moody update and the last one i drew...holy shit its finally over
next week is the epilogue that como drew and then we are Done, it is Done, the comic is Done and we are Free
but could the same really be said of our characters?
[Image: u4Ef02N.png]
CW: blood, update stuff
Show ContentSpoiler:
i know they just beat a man within an inch of his life and stole his arm but look how cute they are ;___;
[Image: gay_people.PNG]
no longer active
beating a cultist to within an inch of his life then stealing his arm together is relashionship goals imo.
its praxis to steal the arms of cultists, frankly
it is done...the comic is done...i am free...

feel free to discuss away!
Hello I was asked to post my thoughts here like a week ago

Have not yet read the epilogue but I really liked this, I felt seen as a system because there is hardly any positive representation, most systems in media are some kind of evil trope

Chelsea and Bucket are cute together and I was happy to see some of Chelsea's system members and how they look too, Derry is super cute, Matthias has a cool design but I wanted to kick his ass and I was glad to see him get what he deserved in the end

I am very worried about Bucket and Chelsea I hope they will be okay

Really enjoyed the hints of backstory too for both of them

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.