Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MYSTERY GIFT] Festive Findings
They say that haunted things have a strange way of finding new homes this time of year...
GIFT:
A singular item, POSSIBLY drawn but no guarantees.
Will be special and unique! 

PROMPT:
It's the holiday season, and your character is partaking however they want to...but something sidetracks them, and they are drawn away from their goals.
What were they doing, and where are they drawn to?

RULES:
  • An item will be given to your character to be delivered (ideally) on 12/25, based on the prompt provided
  • do not describe any item in advance, but describing the area where your character ends up is okay and would help a lot!
  • You can write anywhere from a few sentences to a couple paragraphs, but don't go too heavy unless you really want to- it won't affect the quality of your gift.
  • One character maximum per person, no entrant limit, system members welcome to enter.
  • keep in mind that there is no specific morbit holiday in mind here- it is the ambiguous morbit holiday season, so feel free to make shit up
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
Linkmoor sat in a worn leather chair, the legs of which had long ago scratched deep grooves into the hardwood floor below it. They looked at a few items on their desk; their eyes flicking from their typewriter and its empty page, to their empty mug, to their half eaten sandwich. Without family to visit this year, Linkmoor had intended to spend the holiday writing but it seemed that whatever force conjured creativity in the minds of novelists and poets was taking a holiday as well. They huffed, frustrated and picked up their mug, moving into the kitchen in the next room. The nondescript kitchen looked more like an extension of Linkmoor's study, with reference materials and drafts piled where another would put pots and pans or a fruit basket. The ancient fridge hummed with a deep rumble as Linkmoor pulled its door open, setting the mug atop a particularly dreadful bit of prose already thoroughly coated in coffee rings. They extracted a carafe of black coffee closing the fridge behind them, as they moved to fill the mug, Linkmoor slipped on an errant pen, the carafe fell from their grip and shattered, dousing their face in ice cold coffee. Linkmoor lied there, ashamed.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 

Streamy has only the faintest idea what happens outside of the apartment this time of year, but he has a few ideas, and finds himself more excited as the days pass. Medea leaves for work everyday, and due to Streamy's disposition he's homebound, so Medea let's him watch movies, and the movies start to get magical. Talk about toys, family, gifts, snow, its a lot to take in for a cat who only has one person, but he's okay with what he has. The movies say he should be at least.

Medea, the poor dopple, is trying his best to make it fun for Streamy. He can be a bit tired himself when he gets home, but he's been trying to bring home gifts and do things when him. Last week they made ornaments, Streamy got in trouble for making a mess with the sparkles, but Medea doesn't stay mad for long.

Streamy asked Medea if he could make a gingerbread friend the other day, or at least decorate some cookies. Hed seen them in a movie and wanted to have someone around even when Medea wasn't. This is why Medea came home yesterday with boxes of gingerbread house making kits, with Streamy's focus being on the one labeled "tcp mansion". Living in a house of candy? That sounded sweet!

Streamy doesn't remember anyone in the movies struggling to keep the walls up this much, but he's got them standing at least. He's used more frosting then he thought he would, and doesn't have enough to decorate. Medea has to help him with the roof later anyway, maybe he'll help then, but right now Streamy just feels like he did something wrong. He pushes some of the sprinkles and candy decorations off the table, then climbs down the homemade ladder to the floor, the act of anger just making him feel worse. He kicks a gumdrop with his foot, and watches it roll the fridge. He could go get that, he could just go back to the house, but instead he just stands there, upset.
Give Me Your Coins
[The object would be for Lilly, Jocelyn is just along for the ride.]
"I can't believe you talked me into wearing this" Lilly said, sighing.

The snake man slithered through the cold winter streets in an ugly holiday sweater that read 'With my TCP' and a sewn in pocket that had 'I'm the TCP' written on it, where Jocelyn, the Anatomic Surrealism Type was sitting in, festive scarf wrapped around her long neck. She patted Lilly's chest and cocked her head in a way that gave the impression of a smile.

"I thought you needed some levity, and while ugly sweaters are not mandatory, they are customary for going to watch the lights." Jocelyn said.

"I know, I know" Lilly said. "I can't help it, it was this time last year..."

"It is fine, Lilly. We do not need to speak about it."

Lilly sighed in relief, then sighed in exasperation at how long this was taking. Maybe they should have drove instead. He rested for a second to let his mind wander as he watched the snow. It reminded him of- no, not going there he thought, shaking his head. looking around he noticed the post office. he could stop by to see if they have any packages, warm up a bit, ok yes it was mostly just to warm up.

"I'm gonna take a stop at the post office, warm up," He said to the cat in his pocket "Do you want to go on ahead?"

"No," Jocelyn said Defiantly. "That would ruin the sweater."

Lilly just rolled his eyes as he entered the post office. It was packed, the modern building holding lines of people sending off gifts at the last minute or checking PO boxes. He took a breath, and centered himself, trying to get over the noise of all the people. He opened his eyes at the prodding of Jocelyn, and noticed he got turned around. weirdly big post office, he thought, trying to get his bearings.
Gage is relaxing in their favorite chair, a retro styled armchair, working on a blanket for a friend. It's a solid tan, simple and easy, made of soft natural yarn. Their knitting needles have oversized handles to accommodate for their wings, making it a reasonably relaxing process most days, and something they enjoy quite a bit. Soft rock music plays from a radio on the table nearby, and they have a cup of hot cocoa to sip when they need to take a break. This is the last gift they have to go, and their foot taps an excited rhythm on the floor as they near the last few rows. A knock comes at the door and they don't hear it at first, absorbed in their work as they are, but when someone shouts their name from the other side their needle slips and nearly punctures their skin. They catch their breath, hands shaking, and slowly get to their feet and set their work aside. They turn their music down and step cautiously up to the door.

They peer through the peephole and see a friend on their apartment balcony! Quickly regaining their composure, they flap excitedly, quickly unlocking the door to throw their arms around the beatfox on the other side in a tight embrace. The friend laughs and the two step into the apartment, Gage quickly busying themself with putting together a snack for their visitor.
@victorianflorist 

Something catches Linkmoor’s eye just to their right as they lie there, just under their table...it’s that damn pen, but not one they recognize from their collection. Upon cleaning up the mess  and picking up the offending implement, they something odd about it- they’re compelled to ask questions aloud when holding it, and to their surprise...it writes answers.

You have obtained:
Haunted Pen!
(+Bonded Mirror Scrap)

@AceOfNothing 

There’s something just by the fridge, the overhead light glinting off of its surface- as Stremy approaches it’s clear that it’s some kind of golden charm, the kind you find on a bracelet, and in the shape of a heart. It doesn’t look particularly expensive, and more the sort of thing you’d find in a children’s section of a craft store, but...when he picks it up, there’s this feeling of warmth, almost...as if he’s reminded that he’s home.

You have obtained:
Haunted Charm!
(+Bonded Wool Scrap)

@dediles

Someone approaches Lilly wordlessly, thrusting a box into his hands before walking away just as quickly- to his surprise, it has his name on it, written clearly and with full intent to be his. Against better judgment he can’t help but feel like opening it then and there, only to reveal a pair of mittens just in his size, made perfectly for his hands...and when put on, bizarrely warm. He could swear they even warmed themselves up in the cold…

You have obtained:
Haunted Mittens!
(+Bonded Fire Scrap)

@BlueCrowned

After all is said and done with Gage’s friend and they’re ready to settle back in, they’re startled to find something new on top of their knitting- a bound journal big enough for their OBJ wings to flip through and scrawl in easily, with nice, thick pages. What’s even more bizarre is when they go to scribble in a new knitting project idly later on- the shapes fill with colors as if by magic!

You have obtained:
Magic Journal!
(+Bonded Ink Scrap) 
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
Oh I love this result, it's perfect for them! Thank you, this was really fun))
[CW Death mention, thank you so much Skinstealers!]
"There's no heating coil I can feel, and no place for batteries, maybe it's some kind of chemical reaction? but there isn't a pouch or anything for hand warmers..." Lilly mumbled, ignoring the park.

"What was that?" Jocelyn asked, finishing up a tiny snow person.

The park was lit up in lights, a rainbow of tiny bulbs strung from every tree, lighting up the dark. There were even wire frames that made the string lights seem like glowing sculptures. Right now Lilly was taking a break on a bench, while Jocelyn was playing in the constantly falling snow, along with many other kids. 

"Sorry, I'm just wondering how the heck these work." Lilly said with a sigh.

"Oh, they are haunted." Jocelyn replied nonchalantly. 

"What do you mean 'they're haunted' !?" 

"Actually, I said 'they are haunted'. Proper grammar is important, Lilly"

Lilly just gave the macabre cat a look. 

"There is a fire Scrap bound to the mittens, which facilitates their function."

"So I have magic mittens."

"That is correct."

"That's actually pretty cool, and thoughtful of whoever got me them, considering Snakes bleed heat like no tomorrow."

Jocelyn nodded. Lilly got up, taking a walk, or rather slither, to clear his mind. He got a mug of hot cocoa from a stand that was making bank during the event and paced down the sidewalk, sometimes staring at his hands. This was the kind of thing his dad would have gotten him. Something weird, but useful. Always a surprise.

Lilly sighed. It was the first time he wouldn't be getting a gift from him, and that hurt. He had no reason to really believe it, but he felt like, like these mittens were his father's gift. The idea made him feel a little warmer as he slithered back to Jocelyn, who was attempting to make a tiny snow fortress.

"Lily, help me make a snow castle, there are small children to impress." She said.

Lily smiled, shook his head, and got to work making an ice palace worthy of the tiny queen.