Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
King's Mulligan [Interactive Project]
[Image: unknown.png]

Tiles: Mm.. I can’t tell you what to or not to feel.. But you shouldn’t speak so poorly about yourself or your abilities.

Tiles: You’ve done me a great service in repairing my lance, and I’m quite grateful for that.

Tiles: Your talents are more than appreciated…

Creme: Maybe…

Tiles: Having that again… it makes me feel like myself in a way I haven’t in so long. It used to be a reminder of what I’d lost but…

Tiles: It’s silly..

Creme: No it’s not, do tell.

Tiles: It’s hope for me, a piece that’s been long missing.

Tiles: If you can do even a fraction of that for someone else… you’ve contributed more than enough.

Tiles: really don't think you'd be a weak link for the rebellion at all. Just...more of a background player, someone who keeps the place running and keep everyone in working order.

Tiles: But… if getting stronger is something you desire..

Tiles: I can more than mentor you. Could spar, give you a few pointers. I imagine you know the basics and that body is quite strong.

Creme: Maybe…

Tiles: It’d help you get acquainted with your new situation.

Creme: Could you really do that? It’s not too much?

Tiles: It’s a worthwhile investment, and you’ve done a lot for me in such little time.

Creme:....

Creme: Thank you, I’ll sit on that but I do really want to fight with everyone else.

She’s was more than happy with your response.

[Image: image.png]

You heard a knocking.

Courier stepped out of xeir room.

Courier: Nice and comfy…. You should probably get dressed in something easy too.

Tiles: I don’t have anything on me…

Creme: Same..

Courier: You can take from our extras.

Xey grabbed your hands and lead you both down the hall.

Creme: This isn’t needed…

Courier: You’re both armored up! Not good for a pub setting.

You’re stopped at a room filled with piles and piles of salvaged and refurbished outfits.

Creme: If I do this I’m paying you back, I don’t need clothes..

Courier: We’d appreciate that.

Creme started looking through

Courier: Tiles? 
Hm...outfit hunting...I think some sort of jacket (something kinda punky or something formal or both could be interesting) and a hat (A fedora or trilby would be very funny, though perhaps a touch cursed) could be fun for Tiles.

Other than that some sort of cool boots or formal shoe could make sense?

that way its still sort of an outfit kinda in the 'i can look nice and also beat the crap out of you at the same' vibe, while being something different from the armor?
find a nice vest! and a skirt! and boots!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
seconding the boots, skirt, vest and jacket preferably one with a ton of pockets. Also something for head wear would be nice, maybe like a bandanna or bow?
There's a 95% chance I'm thinking of either a Pun or Mega Man at any given time

[Image: 12_10_10_23_11_44_26.png]Character thread here (always a WIP)! [Image: 12_11_10_23_7_45_27.png]
Comfy sweater...
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]

You're already in, managing a set of cool boots, a vest with a jacket on top, thick sweater to get through the pouring cold, and your hair styled over your mandibles to finish the look.

You walk out and make a little pose.

Courier can't help smile while Creme avoids eye contact.

Courier: Punk-ish look, quite a fan I think.

Creme: Lovely...

Courier: You know it feels quite natural on you.

Tiles: Jackie got me into this sort, people seem to not expect it too much.

Courier: Your accent does have a tinge of it admittedly. Makes a lot of sense.

Creme: Mmhmm... you should help me get dressed too. Your sense of style feels like one I can trust here.

Courier: Oh? You're really gonna let her?

Tiles: I mean, don't see why not?

Creme: I do mean I wish to pay back for this..

Courier: Cover the first round of snacks and drinks and that'd be nice...

Creme: Consider it done. Tiles?

Tiles: I've got it covered.

You take a good look at her.

Tiles: You're tall.. but also polite. Hmm...

Tiles: Think you'vve got good range.

Creme: I want to blend with the people here so...

Courier: Aye, fair.

Courier: You know what to do.
a nice long dress, with cool shoes and maybe some simple accessories
How do you feel about overalls? Or an overall dress? That with a nice blouse and possibly some lace would look good, I think.

After a bit of a change into a large overall dress with a nice blouse underneath., Creme pokes her head out of the room.

Creme: Finished up..

She did a little twirl to show off the outfit, despite its thrifty nature it came together quite nicely.

Courier: Cute, there’s some folks here who’d love your style.

Tiles: It’s quite lovely.

Creme: Thank you! I did my best and I promise I will pay everyone back for this. I really shouldn’t be borrowing…

Courier: You’ll be staying with us, no?

Creme: As much as I can, still have to maintain looks before transitioning over to this place.

Courier: Understood.

Creme: I can stick around for a couple of days easily though…

Courier: That’s fine, we can help you get your stuff out here.

Creme: Could you really..? It’d be a big help. I need my tools…

Creme: Many of them are in the mirror world..

Tiles: Does seem essential…

Courier: Aye. Why don’t we get situated aye?

Xey give the two of you a gesture to follow.

You walk down the hall, only to be interrupted by a construct with a bulb head.

You recognize it as a corpse light, a tool used by the crown to harvest the souls of infantry.

An escapee? Likely manufacturing or a low level grunt if she defected..

???: Ey! Courier! Brought some new friends?

Courier: Recruits! We just got a job done so we’re getting some relax time.

???: Ah. Well I’m on shift serving food drinks. You folks want a booth or to talk to me on the bar?

Courier: I’d love to personally but… I think it may be easier to ease them in slower. What do you think?

Creme: I wouldn’t mind making friends, already doing quite good on that today.

Courier: Tiles?
make friends! be adventurous!
Agreeing with Making Friends!

[Image: 12_10_10_23_11_44_26.png]Character thread here (always a WIP)! [Image: 12_11_10_23_7_45_27.png]
More friendship is always the answer.
[Image: image.png?width=694&height=616]

You get yourself situated at the front, Creme and Courier following suit.

Tiles: I’m good for it, best to know the people I’ll be working with,

???: That case, the name’s Fall.

Fall: At your service for the day.

She points to the signs above, a variety of drinks, soups, breads, and “today’s special” are all listed as options.

Fall: Think of what you want.

Fall: Gotta say you’re all looking adorable today, ‘speially you Courier.

Courier: Ah well….

Fall: I mean it, you’ve got that cozy winter feel down. You two newcomers too. Got good taste.

Creme: I try…

Tiles: Nothing less than my best.

Fall: So details, what’s your deal?

Creme: …Complicated, but to keep it short I’m tired of the crown dictating my work. And…

Creme:...

Creme: I’m having a bit of a moment actually. Could one of you keep the conversation going.

Tiles: Mm.
I've also been butting heads with the Crown for a.... protracted amount of time, had some heavy losses and at this point am absolutely sick of it too. Decided to join up with the cause after the folks here very graciously patched me up after a particularly nasty run in with crown goons.
soup sounds fantastic but I'm also curious about today's special, tell us about it!

Tiles: I’ve been butting heads with the crown for a protracted amount of time.

Tiles: Life’s been filled with heavy losses and I’m absolutely sick of it too..

Tiles: Decided to join up after the folks here graciously patched me up. Had a bad encounter with some goons…

Fall: Ah, sorry to hear that. I’m surprised to see someone like you got in that much trouble with a few grunts though. Got a good eye for things, get the sense you’re not too shabby at fighting.

TIles: You could say that. They caught me offguard while I was out on the streets.

Fall: Poor thing.. You can rest up here all you need, I’ll prepare you something nice and hot.

Tiles: Speaking of! Soup is more than tempting, but I’m curious about today’s special…

Fall: Clam chowder! Place is lush with clams this time of years with all the tidepools that show up near town, so we’re stocked up! Hope you’re a big fan.

Fall: This one’s a recipe from Swords, you familiar with their famous seaweed style?

Tiles: I’m actually from Swords so yes in fact. I haven’t had such in a good while…

Fall: Cool, then you know what I’m talking about. Would you like a quick taste to help you decide?

Courier: I wouldn’t be opposed.

Tiles: I’d like a sample as well..

A voice comes out of your feline ally, absolutely not Creme’s.

She’s shaking with nerves.

Ibarra: I… would as well. I’d like to give it a shot.

Fall: Very well, give me just a moment to get you folks a taste.
pull ibarra very subtly aside and check on her, see what's up
You take the moment to check in on Ibarra.

Tiles: You're shaking.

Ibarra: Cannot be helped, didn't mean to be here to begin with..

Ibarra: We got in a bit of a dispute over the menu.

Ibarra: Somehow accidentally shoved her out of control in the middle of it.

Ibarra: I don’t really know how to engage in a situation like this.

Ibarra: This is really  it isn’t it?  Now that I’ve stepped through those doors I’m a fugitive.

Ibarra: I’m admittedly terrified. I fear being exiled by both side of the war, losing everything i’ve tried to preserve this whole time..

Ibarra: Would I even be welcome? Creme may blend but I feel people here will know my choice was reluctant…

Courier: Do you hold any love for the crown?

Ibarra: None, but-

Courier: Then you’ll figure it out. You’d be surprised how many folks here are in similar positions to you.

Ibarra: I suppose….

Ibarra: Still, I don’t imagine myself to be one very liked amongst this crowd.

Ibarra: Our knight here has made such very clear I think…

Ibarra: I'd give you Creme back but she can't seem to figure out what happened exactly either.

Ibarra: I think it would’ve been easier to just let me spend the rest of time stuck in a mirror… 
Hey now, no self deprication allowed. Getting used to the new situation is going to take some getting used to for sure but I have confidence in y'all that you can make it work. You said you and Creme were having some trouble deciding on menu stuff? Perhaps we could get a sample of what the other thing you want as well and decide from there? (Also offer either a hug or Hand Squeeze for support as well)

You sigh and decide to have a heart to heart.

Tiles: Hey, no self deprecation. It’ll take time to get used to the new situation but I’m sure you’ll make it work.

Tiles: You and Creme were having trouble deciding? See if you can get a sample of what you both want and figure it out from there.

You offer out a hand and an arm, giving her the option between a hug or a held hand.

She flops onto you full force for the hug, you can feel her poof up a little at that.

Your ant-like might comes in clutch.

You feel your STRENGTH improve slightly.

Ibarra: Good catch. Don’t know why you offered this considering our ill blood… but It does make me feel somewhat better…

Tiles: Creme is my ally, and potentially you can be too.

Tiles: I’m giving you an opportunity, don’t waste it.

Ibarra: You’re wonderfu-

The two of you are cut off by

Dive: Ib!

Dive: That’s you, right?

Ibarra: For now. We’ll be alternating between Creme and I from now on it seems.

Ibarra: What happened with you?

Dive: Got a bedroom set up. They let me go off after..

Dive: The rabbit went on a long discussion about oceanic life but eventually let me go.

Courier: Which rabbit? That’s broad.

Dive: Your rabbit.

Courier: Ah. Well you’re welcome to join us for dinner. Starman will be a bit annoyed we ate without them but… we’re all hungry I think.

Dive: That’d be nice I suppose, as long as Ib is okay…

He gives you a look for holding Ibarra.

Dive: Don’t pull anything funny. You already hurt her before.
Don't worry, generally, tossing people around without reason isn't in vogue-
While I admire your concern, but there's really no need to worry. I wouldn't want to go against our hosts and try to pull any stunts on people they've agreed to let stay. You can next to her if that'd ease your mind though.
Tiles: I understand your concern, but it’s not something I would worry about.

Tiles: Wouldn’t want to pull any stunts on people our hosts have agreed to let stay.

Tiles: Besides, tossing people around without reason isn’t in vogue…

Dive grumbles to himself.

Courier: Is something wrong?

Dive: I feel like a prisoner….

Courier: You’re allowed to go home.

Dive: I don’t want to go without Ib, but with her and her mirror being one now I don’t see that happening.

Creme: We’re going to have to move out regardless….

Creme: Our time was running low with the crown no matter how we looked at it.

Creme: Ib was just hoping to collect money until we could perhaps flee altogether..

Creme: But ultimately I don’t think it’s much good. They’d stop us at the port if they suspected that.

Creme: At least now we can fight back..

Dive: I don’t want to talk to a spineless shade.

Dive: You never asked me what I wanted to do. Ib signed us up with the crown and you dragged me out here.

Dive: You just acted out of desperation and fear as much as she did. Don’t talk like you’ve got a highgrand.

Creme backs down, a little watery eyed.

Dive: I hate my fate being dictated by everyone else…
Then, what do you want your fate to be? I don't think any of us has much time regardless of standing.
Creme has a name jackass, and if you keep treating her like that, much less any other mirror realm people, we're going to have a real big fuckin problem.
And what about you? How is your whinging doing anything but upsetting yourself and others much less putting you in a higher position? Did you ever think to bring it up before now or did you just resign yourself to bottling it up?

(If that last bit is too harsh feel free to tweak it, basic gist of what I want to come across is that Dive's concerns are valid but this is the very wrong way to go about it)

Tiles: Creme has a name, keep treating her like that or anyone else from the mirror realm that way and we’re about to have a massive problem.

Tiles: And what about you? What do you want your fate to be exactly?

Dive: You don’t care.

Tiles: Listen to me, all you’re doing is upsetting yourself and everyone else around you.

Tiles: This isn’t going to improve your situation, and frankly bottling it is only making it worse.

Tiles: Did you ever bring this up to anyone? Ibarra? I get where you’re coming from but-

Dive: Shut up.

Dive: You knights always think you’re so high and mighty. You couldn’t back down when the crown showed up and now we’re all suffering for it, you know that?

Dive: You’re the last of the Tiles guild right?  Then you know how much folks like me and Ibarra depended on you to get through the day.

Dive: My mom worked the cafeteria all week, even on holidays.

Dive: You probably met her.

Tiles:... Tall, wore a bow, brought her own aprons?

Dive: Yeah.

Dive: You remember her name?

Tiles:.. Tin.

Dive:...

Dive: She didn’t make it out when the firebombing happened…

Dive: Ib was one of her friends from the marketplace. Already was practically family and took care of me while she was at work so…

Dive: She offered me a place to stay…

Dive: I don’t want to lose her you know? She’s all I’ve got left…

Dive: I don’t know how much more of this war I can take… 
i get that siding with the crown was a way to stay safe and collect money, but now that youre working with creme you might actually be able to fight back against them, stop more firebombings from happening again
Tiles: I get that you were trying to stay safe, but working with us and Creme you might have a chance.

Tiles: You can choose to fight the crown on your terms, prevent anyone else from being firebombed.

Tiles: That’s why I’m here too..

Dive: You’re part of the same guild, right?

Tiles: Mm… I lost a lot too when that happened.

Tiles: My family gone.

Dive: You’ve got Jackie back, don’t you?

Tiles: I suppose I do, I wasn’t ready for that to happen today….

Dive: Then you’ve got something to fight for too…

Tiles: And what of you?

Dive: I want Ib to be safe.

Dive: I’m sorry for the outburst…

Dive: Especially at Creme. I’m going to have to get used to you being here but..

Dive: Promise you’ll do your best to stay safe. If you get hurt, Ib gets hurt too right?

Creme: I suppose that’s true…

Dive: And I guess that means I have to keep you safe too.

Creme: Mm….

You hear a knocking on the desk.

Fall: Sorry to take so long, didn’t feel right to interrupt ya’ll.

Courier: Think it was a good call to hold off.

Fall: I got some soup if ya’ll want to sample the special. Think everyone needs some.

Tiles: May I?

Fall hands you a spoon. You take a sip..

Tiles: O-oh…

It tastes reminiscent of soups you had growing up back in swords before your days in the guild.

You’re reminded of the little tin cups filled with it you and Jackie used to get from local shelters who were offering.

Fall: You okay?

Tiles: Think I’d like some more if you could…

Fall: Sure. On the house since you’ve just come back from a long job.

Fall: Consider it a welcome.

You sit down at the stool, both Creme and Courier sitting down next to you as well. Bastion scoots onto a spot as well, only to be immediately carded.

They don’t fare well, they were literally born today.

Fall: Is this guy one of yours or…

TIles: Mine, give them some soup and crackers if it’s alright.

Fall: Sure thing…

You look over.

Creme: Dive, do you-

Dive shakes his head.

Dive: Not really hungry right now to be honest. I’m still thinking about a ton if that’s okay…

Creme: I understand. You can still sit with us.

He gives Creme a little nod, reluctant at first. His hair stands up a bit, he’s not looking very comfortable in the setting just yet…

You manage to have a nice dinner. The first in a long time..

You ponder if you really do have a potential home within here…

You get some time to sit around and ramble with the group.

For people you’ve just met, they’re quite nice…

It makes you miss dinners at the guild a bit…

It wasn’t long until Gallows walks right in, Fall giving a little gesture to to him.

He takes a moment to register before returning it.

Fall: Gally! You here to eat?

Gallow: Mm.. That and to deliver some news to the group.

Gallows: Starman is looking busy in R&D tonight. Something planned for a job soon.

Gallows: They’ve allotted some time off of field work for everyone who’s not already occupied until then.

Gallows: Tomorrow looking like a day to freshen up before the big job is assigned. Until then, I advise nobody injure themselves.

Fall: Ah… 

Gallows seems to avoid making eye contact with anyone as he speaks, oddly timid.

He turns to face Courier.

Gallows: Lots of new people today.

Courier: Aye… you going to be okay with that?

Gallows: Perhaps…

Gallows: Think I may choose to eat in my room tonight if I’m honest.

Courier: You sure? It’d be good for you to be out here some.

Gallows: Mm… I suppose you’re out here so that does make me a little conflicted..

Creme: Is everything okay?

Gallows goes quiet, looking a little distressed in the moment.
is there something wrong with the mission? did you get a call from motley or something?
Tiles: Is something wrong with the job at hand? Motley call?

Gallows: No, just taking a pause there I presume.

Gallows:Starman and I will brief you on the plan when we get a little more done. Was supposed to tonight but we’re all exhausted with tinkering.

Gallows: As for Motley, we’re not meeting for a bit if I recall correctly.

Gallows: What has you so worried anyway?

Tiles: You just seem.. Tired? A little off?

Tiles: Very concerned for an ally who’s welcomed me in.

Gallows: Ah. Maybe I really should get some rest then.

Gallows: I’ll order food and head back to my room…

Fall: Anything you feeling today?

Gallows: Tomato Soup and toast if you can.

Fall: I’m on it!

Courier: Perhaps we could come with you?

Gallows: You don’t have to…

A bit of blush was visible across his face.

Courier: It’s up to you, I just don’t like the idea of you spending supper alone…

Gallows: I need some convincing I think.
you're a part of the team, you could use some company and care, especially when youve been so welcoming to me
Tiles: You’re part of the team. You can use some company and care frankly, especially when you’ve been nothing but kind to me.

Creme: Likewise, you were the one who discovered me in the mirror world. That rescue could not have happened without you..

Gallows’ cheeks turned red.

Gallows: You don’t have to do so much for me but…  if you two assist.

Fall slides right in with a tray of food.

Gallows:: Don’t you dare forget!

Gallows: I wouldn’t, thank you.

Your group gets up from your spots, waving to Fall on the way out.

You feel rejuvenated after a hot meal with new allies.

It does bring back fond memories..

After a good walk down the hall, Gallows stops in front of one of the staff bedrooms near your own.

Using a free hand, he opens the door.

Gallows: Right up ahead. It’s nothing special but.. Make yourselves at home, yes?

There was a bed, a couple of seats, a workbench covered in witching objects, assorted radios, and piles of broken rings in a corner.

Courier gently closes the door behind you. Dive can’t help but flop into a chair immediately, poor cat must be exhausted.

Gallows: So… I’d like to talk to the knight in particular. I’ve been acquainted before with Creme and I’ve known Courier for quite a while now but you’re still quite a mystery to me. Game like before, three questions. I’ll start us off shall we?

1) What do you think of the place? Be honest.
2) How familiar are you with witchcraft?  I see you have a scrapbook and a familiar but that’s fairly household around this region.
3) What happened when you met Fielder? Everyone who enters the mirror world does.
1. Not the best, not the worst. Has a good vibe. Cozier than a barn or the wilderness, much cozier than an alley. Definitely not the most fancy place ever, but that's a good thing in some ways. Those kinds of places can get nauseating.

2. Oh, you know. (ANURA. ANURA HELP. I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION.)

3. I like the fielder. They have a good head, good spirit, good judgement. Were tough as nails and have good tricks. They're really outstanding. Giving them a gold star ranking.

[As for things to ask: I think asking 2 right back would be fun. Then maybe ask something about Gallows' experience with the mirror world? And maybe something personal, like their favorite places to hang out or favorite activity-]

Tiles: Hmm. First off, the room.

Tiles: Not the best but far from the worst. Cozier than a barn or an alley for certain. May not be particularly fancy but such places can be nauseating.

Gallows: Fair enough. Continue.

Tiles: Yes well… Magic… Oh, you know…

Gallows: Yes? Continue.

You’re caught in a blank.

Kolita: Anura?

Anura: You know enough for the job, that’s all that matters.

Kolita: That’s not a lot to go off of…

Anura: Improvise, lest you wish to let the character speak for you here.

Kolita: Can we do that this time?

Anura: Hmm.. why not? Never forget that I’m here hosting.

Kolita: Right.

Anura: I love mid game banter personally..

Tiles: As much as the job required, a somewhat intermediate level though far from being able to claim the title of witch myself.

Gallows: Mm..

Gallows: I myself would say I can personally. Maybe a bit too much knowledge to sleep well..

Gallows: Our body may be ill often but I can still keep up with my work just fine.

Tiles: Our?

Gallows: Mm?

Tiles: What do you mean?

Gallows: I don’t know? What are you saying there?

Tiles: Could you elaborate-

Gallows: Perhaps finish our round of questions before we continue….

Gallows nervously avoids facing you directly at this point.

Tiles: Right..

Tiles: Gold ratings on Fielder. Good wit, tough as nails, strong sense of Judgment. I wouldn’t mind getting to know them more…

Tiles: What about you now? My turn to ask?

Gallows: Fair…

Gallows: Proceed.

Tiles: So… how about your experience with the mirror world? Seems like there’s a nasty shadow cast on you with.. Was it Ed? What happened there?

Gallows: Mm… I think I can’t say too much about that right now…

Tiles: Oh?

Gallows: Couldn’t answer you if I wanted to…

Tiles: I see… perhaps then something lighter?

Tiles: Have any favorite spots? I imagine you the type.

Gallows: Oh I don’t really go out all that much if I can help it, aside from invitations from certain folks…

Tiles: Mm…

Tiles: And because you got to ask two, I have to ponder again about earlier…

Tiles: What did you mean by our body? Is there someone else there?

Gallows: What makes you assume that?

Tiles: Your behavior strikes me so differently, as does your face.

Tiles: You’re a witch, it’s fairly common for one such as yourself to… well..

Gallow: Mm…

Gallows: I…

Creme: I hate to interrupt but…

Creme: I’m curious myself…

Creme:... Styx?

The rabbit goes quiet.

Creme: There was a middleman handling messages between Gallows and I, found me in the first place..

Creme: Helped me recover after a fight gone way out of my favor.

She walks up to him. Courier seems to want to chime up but pulls back.

Creme: Are you Styx? I don’t think we’ve ever met in person…

The rabbit nods.

Styx: Yes.

Creme: Why are you hiding?

Styx: I have my reasons. Suppose the act is up..

Styx: Gallows is getting some rest right now. He’s quite exhausted after that job so he’s given me time to walk around.

Styx: Personally would rather not be noticed but seems like the cat has an eye for snakes.

Creme: Ah… I’m sorry..

Styx: You spoke and acted in earnest, perhaps my fault here.

Styx: I should give you Gallows back I think, best to spend time with your comrade. He could use the care. 
you're welcome to stay, aren't you our comrade as well? you helped creme, so
Styx is definitely a comrade! very much welcome to hang

Tiles: You’re welcome to stay, you’re our comrade after all.

Styx: You don’t know me, I assure you’d prefer the rabbit to myself.

Tiles: What makes you say that?

Styx: I’m hardly a good person I’d say.

Tiles: You helped Creme, no?

Creme: I’m genuinely grateful for that.

Styx’s face turned red underneath the mop of hair hiding his face.

Styx: It was simply business, I needed a talented smith around.

Styx: I’m a collector of rare weapons, I find them quite wonderful.

Styx: I must admit I’m quite jealous of the one you carry, knight.

Styx: I may have to ask for the schematics.

Styx: If we are to socialize, I have many questions about your equipment.

Styx: And perhaps… I can offer you access to my collection in return?

Styx: This body is quite weak, incapable of using my arms to the fullest.

Styx: You on the other hand? Strong. Makes me wish I could offer you a job but I’m sure you’re not interested in my contracts.
contracts? what do these...Contracts entail?
hell yeah i love hearing about getting into trouble do tell us about deals and contracts are all about
[Image: That_Snake_Bitch.png?width=636&height=670]
 Tiles: Contracts?

Styx: Mmhmm. Bargains even.

Courier: Be nice…

Styx: I won’t ask for anything out of line…

Styx: Just looking to see if I can set up a nice working relationship.

Tiles: That so? So what do these contracts entail then?

Styx: Well, you’ve already done me a huge one by rescuing Creme.

Styx: Perhaps you could do me more like those?

Styx: I’ve got an eye for talent, you certainly count.

Styx:  Rescue and recruit certain folks I have my eye on and I can reward you handsomely as well.

Styx: Likewise, treasures such as unique and unusual equipment are always appealing to myself.

Styx: I quite love a good weapon.

Courier: I’ve noticed that.

He immediately turned bright red at that.

Styx: M-Maybe.

Creme: So-

Courier: Yes.

Creme: Ah..

Creme: Understandable I suppose.

Styx: Let’s not discuss that now..

Tiles: So you’re a headhunter with a fondness for arms?

Styx: That’s a good way to put it.

Styx: I’d also like you to if possible take care of Gallows while I’m not around. He is my connection to this world so I need him safe.

Styx: Unless of course someone else in the room is willing to host…

Creme: Already more than occupied.

Courier: Same, sort of.

Styx: Hmm.. difficult crowd.

Styx: In exchange for this, I’m allowing you access to my collection.

Styx: Knowledge, weapons, magic, as much as I can spare really.

He holds out a hand to you.

Styx: Would you like to see my collection? 
are you offering a Preview or is this The Deal
Shake the hand by instinct, its the polite thing to do. (...it would also be funny to hand over a random object, but that would be far sillier.)
You instinctively shake his hand without much thought.

Styx looks at you a little confused.

Styx: I wasn’t sealing any deals yet…

Tiles: I figured it was polite but..

Tiles: I have to ask. Is this a preview or..

Styx: Of course, I wouldn’t pass on an opportunity to showcase my collection.

Styx: Care to see my wares?

Tiles:.. I suppose why not.

Styx snaps his fingers with a free hand. A rather quiet proxy appears, you're almost tempted to greet it.

Tiles: Gallows’ showed me his earlier…

Tiles: This one’s different.

Styx: Of course it is, we’re separate individuals after all.

Tiles: It’s pretty.

Styx: You think so? Hmm…

He seems reluctant to take the compliment.

Styx: Anyway I offer you a door based on what you seek in life.

Styx: My castle is vast and to know what you desire, makes it easier too pinpoint where to start here.

Styx: Power? Knowledge? Protection? I can offer you many things really.

Styx: So tell me what you need and by the end of the tour we can see if a contract is to be made.
...family
If we make a deal can we legally be friends? Like will you be my friend? That's very important. Knowledge, protection, and power are cool.

But friendship is forever.
...Its people.
Tiles: Family…

Styx:.. Huh… I wasn’t ready for an answer like that.

Tiles: I’ve been without people around for a good while now.

Tiles: Lost many since I was young.

Tiles: I guess…. Ultimately I desire to live a life where I’ll have others around without the fear of constant loss.

Tiles: Friends.. Family… just people.

Styx: I see.. I don’t think I can just manifest that but..

Styx: Perhaps I can provide the utilities to keep your dream alive.

Styx: Follow me..

You nod as he leads your hand toward a large rift in the room.

Courier: You’ll be back right?

Styx: Of course, you know how these things go..

With a step through, Styx’s proxy is the last to enter and closes the rift behind the three of you.

You’re in a large hallway, taking a turn toward a guest room as you walk down.

It’s rather large and has a few extra beds. The walls are decorated with all sorts of strange objects. There’s a rack that’d hold your weapons and armor comfortably while you rest. A tome rests on one of the bed, Styx nudging for you to take it yourself.

You pick it up, it's the most pristine condition you've seen a book in a long time..

There was a table setup in the area, the proxy sitting down to read at one of the chairs that looked rather comfortable.

Styx: Under contract, I can give you your own space for yourself and your close allies.

Styx: Give you a place of shelter anywhere you happen to be. Granted you need to be able to enter discreetly, but when you’re alone with your thoughts you can call my name and I’ll let you in.

Tiles: Hmm…

Styx: Not satisfied?

Tiles: Just wondering.. If I take a contract would we be allies?

Tiles: Think we both could use some more friends right now.

Styx: I mean… I suppose so.

Styx: Better than a client who hates my guts I think.

Styx:... What do you think? If you’d like to tour around on your own you can. While we're here, time passes differently so.. feel free to take things slow. People outside will barely notice.
Well...
Friendship. Cool stuff. Almost nothing not to like...except, well...

I do suppose its smart to at least ask what Styx is looking for in return, while we continue to look around?
Tiles: You’ve caught my attention. I have to wonder what you want for all this?

Styx: Hehe. Good question.

Styx: What you did for Creme? More of that, rescue people who are potentially helpful toward me.

Tiles: Oh? What does that mean exactly?

Styx: I’m a collector of arms and magical knowledge. It’s why I helped Creme, a talented smith provides a variety of benefits in both aspects.

Styx: She escapes the mirror world and you got a friend out of it.

Styx: I will also see that your lance is maintained and repaired after every fight if possible.

Styx: Just want you to really do two things.

Styx: One, provide me with treasures once in awhile.

Styx: Two, help Gallows with his work. Keep him safe. His body is mine and the moment he dies my connection to this world fades.

Styx: I have attachments that I’d rather not lose.

Tiles: Attachments?

Styx: Comrades as you call them. I’ve grown quite fond of some.

Tiles: Such as?

Styx:... Courier. I’d like to ask you keep it safe as well. Xey’re a good friend of mine.

Styx: To keep it short; protect this rabbit, find me treasure, watch over allies, and occasionally rescue cats.

Styx: Anyway.. Feel free to roam as you’d like. Down the hall there’s the armory, medical bay, library, and recreation room. Have some fun. But first… do you want to take the deal? I like to think I’m being fair. 
i think taking the deal might be a good idea

but also lets check out the library. gotta see the forbidden knowledge
Tiles: I’ll take it but.. I’d like to see your library.

Styx: Ah, good call. Any reason?

Tiles: Forbidden knowledge makes me ponder admittedly.

Styx: Do be careful then if you do. My proxy will lead the way.

The proxy got up from their chair and gestured toward you, walking ahead.

Styx: As a side note, I went and tweaked a few things. You’re a scrapbook witch right? Check your spellbook quickly, I think you’ll appreciate the streamlining.

You open it up and immediately feel a difference, one that courses through you.

[Image: Tiles_aaactual_sheet.png?width=803&height=670]

Tiles: I would’ve preferred you ask but… does this mean I no longer burn pages?

Styx: Mmhmm. Handy, don’t you think?

Tiles: Seems like a net profit feel stronger…

Styx: Mmhmm. Now go on, I’ll meet up with you there momentarily. Just handling a little something.

You give a bow and follow the Proxy’s lead. After not too long you find yourself surrounded by books and tables covered in all sorts of writings and blueprints. The proxy gives you a little nod of assurance.

What do you look for first?

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.