Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FORGE, OPEN] Plush-a-Palooza
MISSION: PLUSH-A-PALOOZA
[Image: v8AtVB9.png]

Hi, my name's Hazard! I'm really excited to run a Forge event this year, and I've got just the thing...the lab gave me and a bunch of other people in our housing situation info on making things in pocket dimensions that can move around and if you do it right, even think! I'm not the best toymaker in the world or anything, but I think if we work together to design and sew some plushes together, we could play some games after and everybody comes away with a new companion. What do you say?

OBJECTIVE: Create Pocket Plushes in two person teams!
PARTY: [0/4]
RULES: No PVP, no items required, tiny trinkets recommended, various fabric/materials recommended.
CONTENT WARNINGS: None!
No ID cards are required for this mission, and once completed, people will be awarded Forge Tokens. Only one forge token can be earned per player during this year's event, but you can enter multiple events if you want. Just don't be too greedy!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[Image: 664669054572691466_J67fzbw.png]
Mary Jane would be delighted to participate!

Tiny Trinkets
- Pencils
- Pens
- Vials of Ink

Materials
- Burlap Cloth
- Flannel Cloth
- Googly Eyes
- Striped Cloth
- Corduroy cloth
- Beads
- Sand Filling
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[Image: 194iPhD.png]
Mince would like to try making a new friend! 

Tiny trinkets -
Maze puzzle
Snapshot of Corpus

Materials -
A weak scrap or two
Dropped feathers
Blanket (Thanks, Trice!)
Textured fabric
Cotton stuffing
Fake pearls
Show ContentSpoiler:
search: how to use Hoopla research facility TCP mission application. Search: how to join TCP missions. Search: how to delete text in Hoopla TCP research facility application.

Oh well that is a bit embarrassing. this is my first time using this. I am jocelyn, an anatomical surrealism type. I have some hard candy I cannot eat, that might be useful for making something pretty, I also have some rat bones I found inside the walls of my home. I find the idea of making a creature fascinating, and look forward to working with you all. Send message. SEND. MAIL LETTER. Apply for mission. Apply. enter.
[Image: qH7IAHF.png]
This is right up my alley! very excited to give it a try.

Trinkets:
- smooth pale blue rock
- recipe for hot chocolate
- winter hat (TCP-sized)

Materials:
- fabric scrap
- the other kind of fabric scrap
- miscellaneous buttons
- stuffing
no longer active
PLUSH-A-PALOOZA: BEGIN!

The world dissolves in slowly, a stone pavilion marking the starting point. There are some clouds but from what you can tell, no chance of rain. Some picnic tables have been placed in the pavillion itself, covered in simple tablecloths and materials. A large touch type stands eagerly by the starting point, holding a stack of papers.

"Welcome!"

OBJECTIVE: Introduce Yourselves!
Jocelyn took a tentative step forward. It was her fist time in a pocket Dimension, so she took a second to look around. The pavilion itself seemed prety nice, and while the cloud cover seemed a bit dreary, that would not stop her from enjoying herself. She adjusted the collar of her dress and stepped towards Hazard.

"Thank you," She said. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jocelyn, an anatomic surrealism Type, She/her. I'm looking forward to this, I'm very interested to see how these creatures function, and get to know some more TCPs."
MJ relaxes into the mission space, the weather just perfect in her opinion. She takes note of the stone pavilion and it's masonry, admiring Hazard's imagination.

"Hiya, I'm Mary Jane, MJ for short. Some folks like to call me Plain Jane, so PJ is also fine, but that's really up to y'all and how you want to be calling after me." She chuckles. "I'm an author type, if it wadn't obvious already. I'm mighty excited to be crafting with you lot today." She tips a pageboy cap that rests haphazardly on her head and pulls out a cigarette, lighting it with a small lighter from her pocket.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
"Nice to meet you both! I'm Hazard, touch type. They or she both work, if that's alright." They reach out to shake hands before remembering how messy they are, looking a little embarrassed. "Thank you both for coming!"
Mince's supplies are bundled in a blanket and swung over their back. They wave a little awkwardly to the group, wing weighed down, and crane their head around to look at the pavilion. 'I'm Mince. Am I late? My apologies.'
MJ offers her hand anyway, damning the mess in favor of good manners. Whether Hazard accepts or not, she offers the same handshake to both Jocelyn and Mince, after wiping her hand off with a paisley handkerchief. Her grip is firm but kind. "It really is my pleasure you meet y'all."
"Nope, MJ just got here! You're not late at all-oh, thank you!" Hazard takes MJ's hand, their tone pleasant and friendly. "You all seem like such a nice crowd already!"
"Ah, sorry if I took a bit. I'm here now." A patchwork type approaches the group, shrugging off some heavy jackets.
no longer active
"Hey, it's no problem! I'm just glad to have everybody here and ready to go!"
Mince taps the tip of their wing against MJ's hand to shake it, nodding cheerful greeting over at the patchwork type, too. 'This is a nice pocket dimension. It's good to meet you all!'
Jocelyn walked over tho the patchwork type, looking a bit embarrassed. She stuck her hand out for a shake.

"Hello, you are not late at all, just the last one here. My name is Jocelyn, I am an anatomic surrealism type, she/her. The touch type is our host Hazard, they/she; The OBJ type is Mince, they/them; and the author type is Mary Jane, uh- " She paused, then realized something. She turned towards Mary Jane. "I'm sorry Mary Jane, I didn't catch your pronouns."
"Ya'all can use She fer me, works quite nicely." MJ rubs her hands together and nods.
Brisk shakes Jocelyn's paw very stiffly, seeming to freeze up at the physical contact but not wanting to be rude. "It's good to meet everyone!" they say after retrieving their paw. "Thanks for giving me the rundown. I am Brisk, I am fine with they or it pronouns."
no longer active
"By wax, ain't we a cast of characters! I'm excited to be makin' some plush toys with y'all."
"So am I!" Hazard holds up their paper stack, excited to get rolling. "You're going to be pairs, of course- Mince and Jocelyn, you're a team! MJ, Brisk, you're together too. You can take your seats whenever, and then I'll give an explanation of how this is all going to work."
“Right! I look forward to working with you, MJ.”
no longer active
MJ nods her head. "So? We going to make some toys or what?"
"I hope I will be a good partner to you, Mince." Jocelyn said, giving her new partner a nod.
OBJECTIVE COMPLETE: Introduce yourselves!
"Well, I've got some materials here! You're going to work in pairs to make plushes- they gotta match in some ways, but don't have to in others. We'll have them all play some games at the end- open to suggestions there, I'm still figuring this stuff out. I have steps on my list here, and we'll keep at it until we've got some new friends!"

NEW OBJECTIVE: Make your Pocket Plushes!
Size (Must be shared/agreed on!)

• small
  • medium
  • large

Main Material (Must be shared/agreed on if not substituted in with own materials)
  • fur
  • plush
  • latex
  • fabric
  • plastic
  • bring your own

What colors? (Requires one main color and one accent, can be anything, does not have to be shared)

Tail Style (Must be agreed upon)

• short
  • medium
  • long
  • none
  • choose your own style
"Well, Brisk, I've got this charming flannel that I brought with me. A nice yellow plaid." She presents the fabric towards Mince. "Now I'd like a nice small plush with a long, crooked tail. Thoughts? Don't be afraid to ask for something else, I'm all for compromise."
"Long tail sounds good, could we make it fluffy so it can wrap it around itself to keep warm? If its coming home with me, I wouldn't want it to freeze. A small plush sounds just fine. I brought my own fabric too, its a bit old so it has patches in some places, but its pleasantly stripey; blue and green is a nice color-combination in my opinion.
no longer active
"I'm all for that pal! Let's make this thing. So a small plush with a long tail, fluffy blue and green fabric, that sound about right?"
Brisk nods eagerly. “Sounds about right.”
no longer active
"Ooh, sounds super cute!!" Hazard leans in, looking their materials over. "Can I take a look at your fabric, Brisk?"

(what color is the old fabric?)
(The fabric is faded pale blue and green striped, with grey-ish white patches in places where it has begun to wear thin.)
no longer active
"Looks great to me- just be real gentle with it, seeing as it's kinda old...your plush might need some extra care, but I'm sure you've got it covered!"
"Got it covered, yeah."
no longer active
Mince nods seriously to Jocelyn, running the tip of their wing over a piece of textured, nubbly fabric as they unroll it and a few pieces of a blanket, setting out their little bag of supplies. They push the rest of them between themselves and Jocelyn, offering their use with a feathery wave. 'The same to you. Now, I think I'll use one of these, but what do you think for our creature's sizes..?' 
Jocelyn put down a bag of gumballs, a package of cotton candy, various shaped pieces of hard candy, and bone by bone an entire rat skeleton. She looked at Mince before rubbing her chin in thought. 

"Well, if we can use the rat skeleton, I would say medium to large, given the scale of normal rats to TCPs" She said. "I am not sure how this process works though. While bones would normally give a creature structural integrity I do not know if these plush creatures need the extra support, being composed of who knows what kind of magic in an extra-dimensional  representation of one's mind."
'I'm not certain about how bones work, but that sounds reasonable. Perhaps a tail to help them balance, as well? I find wings helpful for that, but..'
"Hm... In that case..." Jocelyn separated the pelvis and tail from the rest of the skeleton, then gestured at the the tailbones "A rat's tail is mainly used for balance when climbing and walking on narrow surfaces. They also tend to drag on the ground. Rats generally thrive in filthy environments so that does not particularly matter for them but this creature is to be made of fabric, which would certainly get dirty if it had a tail that dragged along the ground."

With that Jocelyn removed a few segments of the tail and pushed the remaining segments closer together. the result was a tail made up of stockier bones that was shorter. Jocelyn gestured at the length and then put her hands apart to show the width of the proposed tail.

"I would have it so the tail was shorter, but had more mass and muscle, or whatever passes for muscle in these things. That way it becomes more dexterous as well as being more useful for general balance. that said, with this kind of tail we could make the legs a bit longer so the creature wouldn't be as close to the ground as a rat. What do you think?"
Mince bobs their head casing. 'Yes, I like that! I'd like to keep the fabric clean and safe, after all - you've put some thought into this. I'm impressed.'
"I believe that's all we need for the basic structure," Joycelyn said, putting excess bones back into her bag. "I have a bit of hard candy I brought, err, Complex hard candy. It has a nice pattern and color, but in the end it seems fundamentally incompatible with plushes. you have the right materials on hand, do you know how to sew? that would seem like the next logical step."
'A little. Nothing too fancy, but I think I can hold our creatures together...? You could put the candy inside, if you'd like.'  They squished the cotton and feathers down, testing the give of the stuffing.
Jocelyn considered the proposal before shaking her head. it would be a bad idea if the creature were to ever go through the wash. Curious, she picked up a feather. Was it from a creature type? some really small bird? Authentic feather pillows were hard to find at their scale, or so she heard. This would make a nice addition to a bed, or forgoe the bed entirely and just have a pile of pillows. For some reason that idea seemed to appeal to Jocelyn.

"Do you think you should ask Hazard for some help with sewing, or do you have it under control?" She asked, "Also, what are you planning on doing with excess materials?"
'I'll give it a shot, we can ask them if it takes too long.'  Mince took a moment to think, tilting their head to the side. 'Other than the trinkets, the rest I had just.. collected on whims, or it's a TCP part. I can always get more of the quilting; it's from a friend, and the feathers are my own. If there's extras, you're welcome to them if you'd like?" 

Though even if there wasn't, they would probably offer her some anyway.
"Oh of course! I am surprised I did not see that. these are lovely feathers." Jocelyn said. "Thank you for the generosity. My room is rather barren at the moment, and I think a- what's the term?, 'pillow fort' would feel nice."

Jocelyn picked up some fabric and tried how to piece together how one would cut it in order to make something plush. Despite owning a rather large(for TCPs) bed, she felt like a cozier pile of pillows would be more appropriate for some reason.
Mince laid some of the bones Jocelyn had set out on a piece of the quilted fabric, tracing a wider outline around them mentally. ’You’re welcome. I’ve certainly got them to spare! I’d think our plush creatures will make a nice companion, too; it’s lonely living alone. Even just a friendly face is nicer.’ What did they need now? Scissors, a needle, and thread, primarily. They rifled through the materials on the nearest table before returning to Jocelyn, handing her an extra set of the scissors.
Jocelyn took the scissors and took a few experimental snips in the air, getting used to using them with her large hands. She wouldn't even know where to start, so she let Mince take the lead.

"Let me know what it is I should do." She said.
’Would you mark the length of the legs? You have a better grasp on its anatomy than I do.’
If Jocelyn thought of the fabric as skin, and the plus as muscles/misc. internal organs, she could easily see how much they would need. She pulled out the cloth, measuring it by eye and then holding it next to the skeleton. Then she realized that there should be more room for plush, the muscle analogy didn't work out all that well, so she gave a little extra room for the plush to pad.

"There," She said, holding out the cloth for Mince to cut, "That should be the ideal length for accommodating skeletal structure of the legs while allowing enough room for stuffing to make it soft."