Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Door Game Raffle (Read Carefully)
Sometimes dreams bring you to new and unusual places. Where have yours taken you?
"Time to wake up, you can't keep them waiting."

A soft touch stirs you from your sleep, tickling you just under your nose. This small annoyance is combined with a cool breeze and an almost blinding light above you, pulling your eyes open even as you struggle. You slowly manage to blink yourself awake, eyes having to adjust to the harsh sunlight, and give yourself a moment to take in your surroundings. You've woken up on the side of a hill, tall grass brushing your sides, and flowers dotted around. The wind is soft, bringing a soft chill with it that you appreciate under the sun’s light. The air smells sweet, and it’s quiet enough that you can hear the sound of a bug’s wings as it flies past your head. Above you, from the top of the hill it seems, looms a large rounded shadow, and your curious nature leads you up the hill to investigate. When you arrive at the top you come face to face with a marvelous willow, something so beautiful you think it could make a god cry. The tree is surrounded by a thick ring of flowers that stop just before completion, leaving your eyes to wander to a door carved into the tree. It beckons you, calls out to you to see just who is inside.

Will you knock?

You are, quite rudely, pulled from your sleep as something cold hits your face. You jolt up, gasping as your heart thunders in your chest, looking around confused. It takes several long seconds for you to realize where you are, and you groan as you do so. This was just a favor for a friend. You must have fallen asleep. You decide to get back to work, as they promised they would collect you when your "shift" was over, and the only other thing in this room is water that has collected on the ceiling. The room around you is dark, gray and gray. Ahead of you sits only a few windows. You are supposed to watch them for anything suspicious. You're cold, tired, and sadly pretty wet. You're in a lab by the way, the lower layer of a research lab that is trying to study sea life. They just want you to watch the windows, but that's so boring! Your eyes keep wandering away, until you hear a faint knocking. You perk up, looking at the center window, one that you swear seems to be a door, and you hear the knocking again. You can't see anything in the window personally, but you do hear something. You'd like to know what.

Should you knock back?

The alarm clock blaring on your side table is what wakes you up. You’re in your bed, in your small apartment, nothing is unusual. You go about your normal routine; get dressed, eat breakfast (toast and juice), brush your teeth, and check your schedule. Today you need to buy groceries, desperately, you’ve pushed it off long enough, you can do this. You get out the door with minimal procrastination, and fall into a rhythm on the crowded city street. You’re almost at the store, stopped at a traffic light waiting for the walk signal, when something catches your eye at the edge of an alley. You decide to investigate. There sits an old beat up box, with black marker drawn on it to look like a house you’d see in the suburbs. You try honestly to find where the box is from, but all of the markings and writings seem foreign, not in any dialect you’ve ever even seen. It looks like it’s falling apart, and someone is desperately trying to change that. The windows are tapped over so nothing can get in the box, the door appears to be taped on from the inside, and you hear a soft humming coming from inside the box.

Do you want to knock?

Honestly, it’s unbearably hot when you wake up. You whine, kicking the blankets off yourself and trying to curl up again, but you find the heat hasn’t changed. You ignore it, or try to, counting down in your head trying to lull yourself to sleep, until it’s absolutely impossible. So you get up, sitting up and stretching, eyes opening with a groan. You’re amazed to find yourself in a beautiful white room with large steaming pools, what you assume must be a hot springs. Steam swirls in the air, curling around you, leading your eyes to the large stained glass windows. Each window is carefully made, depicting beautiful imagery from different stories of the gods you’ve heard over the years, or just showing you gorgeous scenery. Each window is polished, sun shining through with gentle colors reflecting across every surface possible. It feels like you’re trapped in a rainbow, in the sky even. That’s when you notice it, a very simple stained glass door, with a shadowy figure standing just behind it. It could be just steam, but you’re pretty sure someone is there.

Is it safe to knock?

You feel sticky. Sticky and cold. You have to get up quickly, ignoring that last bit of sleep as you pull yourself from the ground. You felt sticky because you were, in fact, laying on a candy road. You are also, somehow, surrounded by candy, a candy forest. The trees are tall lollipops, the low plants are made of gumdrops and peppermints, and you see several large scoops of ice-cream just sitting there. This feels like a child’s dream, it makes your teeth hurt from how sickeningly sweet everything looks. You decide to see where the path leads you, it has to go somewhere right? You pass by pools of chocolate syrup, a bubbling soda waterfall, and caves filled with crunchy rock candy. Have you eaten any candy? You really could at anytime, but you’re not quite sure if it’s okay. Is someone tending this forest, is this a new zone, or are you just dreaming? You ponder this, the only thing pulling you along the path is the sweet sweet smell in the air. It seems like you’ve been walking forever before the path starts to shorten, leading you to a large candy cabin. Now you’re getting some weird fairytale vibes. The house has a door made of sweet smelling chocolate, and an archway made from two large candy canes. It has gumdrop doorknob, but you don’t think the door actually opens that way? Still, you’d like to know what’s inside. If the door isn’t also sticky at least.

Can you knock?

Hello hello hello
Welcome to the door game! Hopefully that introduction didn’t confuse you too much.

I have to stress that I need you to read this carefully, I’m going to try and answer all of your questions.
1. What is this? It’s a door game! You pick the door, you enter the raffle for that door, you maybe win a prize! There is only one winner per door, and thus one prize per door.
2. Where is this? There is no door selected for any of the zones. They are just doors. Doors doors doors, I didn’t want to limit myself per zone. You can imagine them being somewhere, or you can just move on from that.
3. What is behind the doors? Each door has a tcp behind it, themed after the door, created by Rin. He’s made some absolutely adorable cats, I’m excited to share them with you! I appreciate him making them, but besides doing that commission he is not involved in this raffle, please refrain from bothering him with questions. 
4. Can I see the cats? Well that would just ruin the fun! I may show a preview of them closer to the end of the game, but for now no. 
5. How long will this be running for? Approximately a month. I want to give people some time to enter. However I do not have a day picked out, and I would prefer to not be asked repeatedly when I will be ending this. I will keep updates on here, and will post when I am closer to closing
6. How do I enter? I’m going to stress again, read carefully. There are two steps to entering, and I’m even providing examples. So here we go:
I’m allowing everyone the ability to pick 2 doors to enter under. To keep this easy for me, please keep clearly state the door numbers and tell me how you knock. This doesn’t mean you have to role play or provide a detailed response, I just think it’s fun

Examples:

I would like to knock on doors 2 and 4, and I knock softly

I knock on either door 1 or 5 with my foot.

I would approach either door 3 or 5, knocking quickly and loudly.

I would only like to enter for door 2, and inside of knocking try pulling the door open. 

I don’t believe it’s overly complicated. 
Disclaimer: When we end I will be writing a closing statement to introduce the cats, and how you knock may or may not effect this.
If you at any point decide to change your doors, please redo your entire entry, stating clearly you are reentering:

I would like to redo my entry. I knock on either 1 or 4 with my foot.

Now to keep this from getting cluttered, please refrain from talking here. If you have any questions either tag me on discord or direct message me.
I will post updates here, and will eventually post when the final day is about a week in advance.
For now, please have fun!
Give Me Your Coins
Door 2: Knock once, then pause, then knock twice, pause, then finally knock four times.
Door 3: Don't knock, just grab the whole box and lift it up. (yes this is a dick move but i find it funny)
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
door 2: hold your breath, puffing out your cheeks, and knock back!
door 4: squint at the stained glass, studying the patterns and the shape behind it, before knocking gently on a dark segment.
Door 1: a few soft knocks with a rhytm to it (hope that makes sense)
Door 5: just knock against the door once, keeping my hand against it afterwards
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
Door 1: I knock three times, with about a second between each knock. I try to knock softly, but it's hard to tell if it's a soft or average knock.
Door 3: I tap three times on the outline of the door with my pointer finger- I try to make it audible, but it's hard to tell how loud it'll be for the person inside.
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
COSMO:
i knock on door 4 gently to keep from startling the figure behind the glass!

TREBLE:
knock back on door 2 in a pattern.
no longer active
I Apologize For The Wait

I'll ending this on either the 25th or the 26th. Very sorry, this fell behind in my priorities.
I'll also be posting small previews of the cats in Discord, so feel free to peak.
Give Me Your Coins
Door 2: I tap on the glass with a single finger, cautious with the sea life outside.

Door 4: I do not knock, and instead grab the handle and turn.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
Door 3: I tap on the door lightly with one finger

Door 5: I knock it normally 3 times in a row
Dri<3
I apologize for the continued wait, and I apologize, I won't be doing closing statements. Some things are going on I'd rather not discuss. But I have the winners!

Door 1: Pichi

"This smog type has an ability anomaly that lets it help grow plants, not hurt them."Smog type, major designer + major ability modifier

Door 2: Treble

"This inferior mirage type's eyes are sorrowful, but its voice anomaly makes it sing in delightful tones."Inferior mirage type, major eyespot anamoly, minor neck anamoly, major voice anamoly

Door 3: King Clod

blessing/octopus with minor designer + stickers all over em
"This hybrid has a very thorough sticker collection, having them in every shape and size."

Door 4: Vic

haecceity type, major skin anomaly (stained glass)
"This haecceity type looks a lot more fragle than it is- don't worry about it getting broken!"

Door 5: Azure

"This bicycle type looks sweet as can be- don't try a taste though, it's still just a bike."bicycle, minor candied modifier

Congrats! I'll be posting them on Discord shortly for an easier download. Thank you all ^.^
Give Me Your Coins