Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DISCUSSION] Morbit In-Universe Media/Brands
hmmm i want a casual discussion thread for talking over official in-universe morbit media stuff. might make a thread for fan-made/RP stuff later. more fleshing this thread out after a bit, but for now let's just get it started.

blanket rules:
- community members (non-team) can suggest niches that could be filled, such as going "what about a piece of media inspired by [x]", but you can't name it or come up with huge details or anything because we would rather keep that in-house to team members. if we want suggestions on a specific thing, we will ask! at that point, you can go crazy.
- you CAN however ask questions about a piece of media to be potentially answered, though expect the team member working on it to possibly not have an immediate response if it's not in their wheelhouse.
- have fun and keep it relatively SFW- suggestive mentions are okay, but we'll probably be making a NSFW thread for this later due to working on stuff like horny game mods and pinup mags and shit like that.

CURRENT PIECES OF MEDIA (off the top of my head please remind me)

Fields of Red Grass-
post-apoc stardew/animal crossing-like, primarily played on handhelds, 2D pixel art
Playmates- anthro toy/object focused game that's kind of a cross between second life and the sims, has a huge modding scene, 3D art, played on PC, TCP developed
Friendzoo- haunted pet game, TCP developed, The Pets Are Real
Shriek's Books- no specifics yet but shriek writes and publishes horror romance novels, primarily about monsters and ghosts and etc. mostly found in Calliope. 
Unnamed Rhythm Game- DDR-like, found commonly in Plaza, has a dopple mascot
Flip- sonic-like media
Spacies (real name pending)- star fox mixed with tatsunoko serials
Unnamed Fighting Game- fighty fight game
Nutmeg and Maple- in-universe comic
Wattplants- petsite, has a lot of neopets-like features, Sort Of plant themed
[FELID_FACTOR]- forum run by TCPs for TCPs
The Pickled Corvice- generalized chat room for morbitians, lots of casual discussion
Unnamed Horror Game- somewhere between silent hill and hotline miami both gameplay and style wise
Angel Horror Show- it's like darker doctor who
Unnamed Monster Catcher- it's pokemon but for morbit! themed around crafting your monsters.

CURRENT BRANDS/CORPORATIONS
Minipix- tamagotchi-like toy, has a large following, has TCP scale and complex scale devices
SnugCo- anything branded by the Snuglin Corporation, includes products made for snuglins like liquid supplements and vitamins
Invaderz- alien themed aquapets-like toy

if there are any i forgot please remind me, discuss away
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
What about morbit websites/apps? Obviously there's two forums there and wattplants, and I think there's a morbit YouTube? What about like a Facebook or Instagram or something

Also what Nutmeg and Maple about?
Give Me Your Coins
I'd wonder how Morbit would do something like star trek. or really any kind of space opera-ey sci fi. how would the roblox of planets concieve of extraterestrial life? would they assume all other planets have gods? that any given planet has as many species as morbit? what characteristics do morbitians imagine would be universal? how would they portray a utopian future?
there is absolutely a morbit youtube let me go find it- okay it's called ReelWorld, there we go. gonna add that to the list.

ReelWorld is an interesting site because i don't think it has the same kind of content restrictions that our youtube does- for better and for worse. real world gore and such is allowed because there's a lot of people on morbit who just have that as a part of their overall appearance due to horror mutation, concept motifs, and TCP types. i don't think this is necessarily made out of any respect for users in terms of the people running it however, and more that there are gods with gory visages who would pull donations/funding if they werent allowed to show themselves on the site. this also means that stuff like Maze Trials footage does make its way on there sometimes (which we will be showing in a commission soon, we really need to get to it) but generally does not go viral. TCP sessions however, VERY much do. if you think about it, the void session survivors are all probably celebrities to some degree due to how prominent the session is in taverne pop culture...kinda scary!

i would say if there's an overarching social media site itd be probably be myspace-y. very customizable, granted we never used myspace so it's more just a generalized gesture towards back when you could really fuck up a profile layout and go interest-focused with it vs "hey can you give this website your phone number and list it publicly". need to think of a name for that but adding it to our todo list

nutmeg and maple is a como one so i'll have to bother him to get in here

morbit space stuff is really interesting...i know that we'll have to go into this to some extent with maes and synna's space adventure stories, but that's not Published, that's just them being silly....should we add that to the list? it'd be nice to include stuff that isnt necessarily widespread, similar to cecilia's fiction on felid factor as well...

there are some canonical aliens on morbit itself but it's dubious how much is known about them. one of those situations is Not Mine to go into, but these might be good questions to discuss with shivers re; UMIRA stuff and what the public knows and what they dont...it would be interesting to see what people would construe as aliens that Really Isn't. stuff to think about!

i would say a lot of creators would consider planets to have gods in the same way that humans think that other planets must have humanoids, it's just an intrinsic part of how they view Life Itself. there would be some people who break that expectation in their workss, but gods would definitely be a norm. same for tons of species, i think a planet depicted with like, One Sapient Species would be seen as really pushing the genre.

as for a utopia...that's a really good question and depends hugely on the culture of the creator, i think.

...also i just remembered there's a twilight zone analogue and the spy show from fantasy cascade note to self add those later
give us the Eckermann's deets
There's a 95% chance I'm thinking of either a Pun or Mega Man at any given time

[Image: 12_10_10_23_11_44_26.png]Character thread here (always a WIP)! [Image: 12_11_10_23_7_45_27.png]
Oh, I can add to this!

I've got a few games that exist as sort of one-off jokes in various projects and posts I've made, but they can be fleshed out a bit more if people want.

From this post:
Arc Caste- I believe this was Como's in-universe one-on-one fighter. I can't remember exactly, and it's never elaborated on.
Skirmish- Borrowed from Prismic Sanctum, based on the game of the same name that Roux and Cerulean played and did badly at.
Penultimate Dream- Obvious knockoff of Final Fantasy. There's 18 of them now, apparently.
Beach Stepperz III- DDR clone the name of which references Steppin' On the Beach from Spongebob. Could be the same game as the unnamed DDR clone in mortis' original post?
CrossFire- CS:GO knockoff, features a ranked 5v5 mode as well as some kind of story campaign. The lore involves becoming tiny and blowing up someone's brain with tiny C4
witch.tv- Extremely non-subtle clone of Twitch.

From this post:
SUPER ACTION FIGHTER- Amazing name, I know. Platform fighter akin to Smash Bros.

From this post:
(tiny) onscreen appearance of one of the Penultimate Dream games on the TV screen as well as a name and a bit of implied lore regarding the game system Hank is playing. For the sake of convenience, I'll summarize here.
The Rapid Response Gaming System (RRGS for short, often anglicized to RIGS) is a gaming console from around 20-40 years ago, now considered to be one of the "classics". It's named because it was one of the first game consoles to feature a processor fast enough to allow for games to be played in real-time, whereas previously, all games had to be turn-based, as the processing lag from a real-time game (such as a platformer or fighter) would be too much for the experience to be enjoyable.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
i am working on some things right now but will add all of these to the list! eckermann's later

we just remembered we have to add the handheld system from maze trials on there, as well as a potential dual screen gaming console because we included that as a thing in a commission we recently did for ace.

also need to figure out:

-brand of horror mutation pills that marzipan takes
-writing down specific minipix models because we Do have those
-type of plush that raggedy's partner is (beanie baby analogue)
-type of plush that cocoa and boyd are attached to
-these are all very self indulgent
-some common playmates mods/modder characters
also i cant remember if witch.tv was something we made or puck made. can someone check that
It looks like Knux did it first by a few days? https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-GAMING-SESSIONS
Give Me Your Coins
yup looks like it. awesome, ty!

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.