Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ability Testing?
[TASTY_TREAT]: 

has anyone else done testing with their ability's uses and limitations, either through an official research facility or on their own? i was spawned at the TCPdex Research Facility, and we did a lot of different volunteer tests...some of them really cool, and some of them really scary!

i'm curious as to other peoples' experiences with this kind of stuff, and am willing to share stories of my own!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[3D]:
I use mine all the time, I was trying to uhh acquire eggwalkers legally but I ended up making an eggwalker-shaped hunk of plastic instead. I've been thinking of turning it into a casting mold but I think I might be one of the two people in the world that gives a shit about custom eggwalker shells. I also have some computer accessories sitting around that are colorful or shiny or even velvety but they aren't actually functional, but they look cool
VYN - website programmer and designer
my gallery
[Jocelyn]: I also spawned in a TCP research facility. I find my own ability to be fascinating. It lets me make a temporary cross section in practically anything, and manipulate the inner workings as if the cross section wasn't there. by being particularly creative with what a 'cross-section' is, the ability can have many applications.

Most of my tests during my time at the facility were interacting with complex models, removing pieces from inside without damaging them, or altering/fixing a running machine with my ability without it shutting off. there was of course different material testing and size and shape testing for the cross sections I can make, but the minutia is not particularly interesting.
[TASTY_TREAT]:

huh, neat! all of my testing was very physical, being a touch type...i examined a lot of surfaces and textures with both enhanced and dulled senses, and even volunteered for some of the most dangerous tests- they always took me out of 'em before i could get seriously hurt, and took good care of me if things went wrong...but i can't help but wish i had an ability that was better for something creative... u_u'''
[Jocelyn]: An ability is just a tool, like any other. I do not believe that because you spawned with it makes it more important than any other tool, perhaps just more convenient. There is nothing stopping you from picking up a paintbrush, a pen, a chisel... If that is what you want then there are other tools.
[TASTY_TREAT]:

oh, for sure! i actually work in cooking for my day job and write cookbooks on the side.. it's really fun! but...i can't really work my ability into it, even with all my experiments with utility. it's funny, how we get these awesome powers with all kinds of ways to use them- and trust me, there's still some wonderful things you can do with touch type abilities! i can make hugs amazing

...they didn't teach me that at the facility, i'm just a hugger.
[BLOOMING_PARASITE]:

I get a little anxious sharing my ability, haha! Not a lot of people expect me to have such a scary ability.

I can actually create parasitic flowers on people's chests that cause heartache. I can control the intensity.

I've tested it a few times and even used it to its full effect on an Ex of mine, it can be a little scary, but it isn't really hard to remove, you just have to pull it out at the root.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[WORMWOOD_DECAY]:

@[BLOOMING_PARASITE] out of curiosity, are you also part rafflesia type? i haven't met many others capable of creating parasitic flowers...

also to answer the general question i have had to quite extensive ability testing to make it safe for me to be around others. i didn't want to be nullified so i have regular treatments to reduce the amount of horror radiation i give off. it sucks but the idea of permanently losing my ability feels like losing part of myself so....
no longer active
[BLOOMING_PARASITE:]

@[WORMWOOD_DECAY] Yup! That is a correct guess'

And that must be terrible, horror radiation is no joke. Those treatments must be hard to go through all the time.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
[BEWITCHING_EYES]:

nullification isn't as bad as it sounds- based on what i've heard from friends who pursued it. it's pretty draining sometimes, but i know that for the people i know who wanted it...it does make them feel safer.

of course, it isn't for everyone! it can be a pretty rigorous process.
[TASTY_TREAT]: 

here's a fun exercise we learned back in the lab...how can your ability affect household objects, if at all? it's important to know how you can utilize your ability in the environment around you, even if it's a mundane one.

for me, i can't really affect objects very well, but i can heighten or lower my own touch sensitivity- this makes softer things softer, but can be really bad for things like when i'm cooking with hot surfaces! you have to make sure not to crank it up too high even when you think everything's safe, because you never know what could happen- but also, putting it too low or turning it off completely means you might not get pain responses! that's dangerous too!

what about you all?
[WORMWOOD_DECAY]:

i can create parasitic mirage flowers that corrupt what's around them via horror and... other means. i don't actually, fucking know why whoever hybridized me thought this was a good idea. like.
no longer active
[_chill_]: my ability affects household objects the same way normal spider silk does, meaning I can stick it to things pretty well. I try not to use it too much out and about though, that's a waste.
[_chill_]: sorry if I'm a bit late to the punch here, I meant to respond to this thread earlier and it completely slipped my mind
[_chill_]: how could someone go about getting official testing? I know what mine does for the most part, but it'd be nice to have a file on it - especially on the long-term affects it could pose. is figuring out my abilities long-term effects on complexes something that's... possible to find out soon, though? I suppose it could with a tcp ability, who knows what a research facility has at it's disposal.
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[RADCAT_420]: Depends on your region, here's a list of resources and social services for TCPs: [link]
[_chill_]: oh I'll check this out, thanks bud
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[TASTY_TREAT]: 

thank you for the resource post!

@[_chill_] part of the testing i underwent at the TCPdex facility involved interactions with complexes, yeah! some TCP abilities aren't allowed for testing on live volunteers- such as corpse type, that was one that was suuuper careful to execute testing wise...but yours sounds like it'd be okay! long term testing is also very possible, considering i lived on site and a few tests i did involved monitoring things over a timespan...