Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 Blank White Cards
This is a loose, chaotic card game that I would like to try playing here on the forum. Probably around four players would be ideal, but i don't think it matters too much. The basic premise is it's a card game where the players make all the cards that will be used, so the bounds for what can happen are only limited by your creativity.

Rules:
Before the game begins, I will ask each player to, in secret, design a number of cards for the game. The number will depend on how many people are playing, but it'll probably be around 10-15.

These cards will form the deck that we'll be playing with. I'll deal out four cards to each player, and then the first round will start.

Each round, I will secretly ask each player to tell me what card they're going to play, and on what target, if applicable. Once every player has selected a card, I will make a post revealing all of them, and they will take effect (in order of player signup for the first round, and then cycling through for further rounds). The played cards will then go to the discard pile, unless they stick around on the 'board'.

Once the round is over, every player draws a card, and the next round begins. If a player goes to draw a card from the deck and it's empty, the game ends.

There is no inherent win condition for this game, but since it's a good idea to have one, we'll use points. Whoever has the most points when the game ends is the winner (this means at least some of the cards the players make will need to give or take away points).

Examples
So, these rules are quite vague. This is by intention, to leave space for players to fill while making cards. Here are some examples of cards you could make:

-AI
Play this card on the board. Add AI to the end of the priority list as a player. Each round, AI plays the top card of the deck, with a random target if applicable. If AI ends up winning, feel bad.

-Four Dimensional Chess
Take a random card from target player's hand and place it in front of you face down without looking at it. The next time a player targets you, trigger the facedown card three times, with you choosing the targets.

-Comfortable Chair
Play in front of you. Each round, you may skip playing a card if you want.

-Linear Algebra
If one player's point total is the sum of two other players' point totals, gain the sum of all three players' point totals.

-Garbage Man
Play in front of a player. Whenever they would draw from the deck, they draw from the bottom of the discard pile instead.

-Dinosaur Party
Gain 10 points for every dinosaur-related card on the board.

-Amplifier
Play in front of a player. All effects targeting that player occur twice.

-Capture The Flag
Play in front of yourself. Whoever has this card in front of them at the end of the game gains 100 points.

-Overclock
Play every card in your hand, with targets as you choose.

-Open Shop
Play in front of yourself. Each round, you may sell a card in front of you or in your hand to another player for 10 points.

-Required verbosity
Discard all cards in play with descriptions that are a single sentence in length.

So basically, there is very little off-limits in terms of what your cards can do. You could make cards interacting with the board, the deck, the discard pile, players' hands, the priority list. You could make a series of cards that specifically synergize with each other and you can use one to summon others from the deck or discard pile. You could make cards that create entirely new rules, or get rid of existing ones. You can also just make cards that give you a few points or maybe let you draw an extra card; they don't all need to be complicated. I will say, however, cards that involve having players make extra decisions between or during rounds probably aren't a great idea, since that will slow down the game.

If there is ambiguity in the cards (such as what counts as dinosaur-related) that's fine, the game isn't meant to be completely strict, and I will help resolve what should happen. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them here, I've never run this game before.

Players:
1. King-Clod
2. victorianflorist
Oh right we have signatures
I'd like to try this out, yeah
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
I'll try it
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif]