10-05-2026, 10:16 PM
SYNNA: ...Today's going to be chill, at least.
SYNNA: A nice reprieve from the fucking news outside the lab.
CHARON: Mmm, what are we looking at?
SYNNA: If you can believe it, you and Maes are just assigned to a Stitches check-in and a pizza party.
CHARON: A...party?
SYNNA: Yeah, one of the docs working down here's retiring.
SYNNA: Doesn't get out and about in the halls like you do, just has an office around where Ruby's spot is.
SYNNA: Everybody's gonna miss him like crazy, and we figured, eh, why not.
SYNNA: Don't get to do too much like this.
CHARON: Feels weird to imagine just popping in when I never met him but..
CHARON: I'll do my best to add a little flair.
SYNNA: Eh, you're not on party magician duty.
SYNNA: We want you to keep people from roughhousing with him too bad.
SYNNA: Gang gets rowdy when they're excited, you've seen it plenty.
SYNNA: ...doesn't hurt to say hi, though.
CHARON: I've worked security at clubs, should be fine either way.
SYNNA: Clubs, huh?
SYNNA: That's a new fun fact.
CHARON: Mmhmm, the sexy kind.
CHARON: Easiest work to build a resume with when starting off at the guild.
CHARON: Need to be muscle, show some people skills, de-escalation, proves you can tackle a night shift.
SYNNA: Kinda relationship you have with Maes normal for knights, then?
CHARON: ..Mm?
CHARON: Which part exactly?
SYNNA: Kind that goes out to clubs like that.
SYNNA: ...you two ain't slick.
SYNNA: Ginger saw the scratches last time you practiced with Smith and got your sweater torn.
SYNNA: Word gets around.
CHARON: ...No, I don't think most employers would want to keep a knight who flirts with them.
SYNNA: Surprised Maes went for it, honestly.
CHARON: Strange things seem to happen quite a lot down here.
SYNNA: Bullshit metric to measure on, not even remotely comparable categories of events.
CHARON: I know, I'm one of those extremes.
![[Image: 8-1-8.png]](http://homebrewdeviants.com/static/story/pca/8-1-8.png)
[id: charon talking with synna, the latter leaning against the wall with a clipboard and sticking her tongue out at him. she's teasing today, and he's sweating bullets.]
SYNNA: Cocky bastard- not wrong, though.
CHARON: Heh...
CHARON: I'm guessing the Boss hasn't said anything folks haven't seen themselves.
SYNNA: Nnnope.
SYNNA: Well, kinda.
SYNNA: Maes would rather die than talk about her sex life, but-
SYNNA: I've seen the way she smiles when she talks about you.
CHARON: People love a little magic in their lives.
CHARON: Probably not this literal but, you know-
SYNNA: Oh, you misunderstand.
SYNNA: Yeah, she's like, smitten with you.
SYNNA: Obviously.
SYNNA: The whole magician bit- congrats, by the way, never expected that to hit- and everything, she's crazy for it.
SYNNA: What I'm talking about is the expression she gets when she's thinking about a massive hunk of meat.
SYNNA: Same thing.
SYNNA: You see it enough times, you recognize it.
SYNNA: God knows I've had to help haul around her lunch.
CHARON: I make her fancy dinner on occasion, what can I say?
SYNNA: Uh huh.
CHARON: Once made boiled eggs and she swallowed one like a snake.
SYNNA: Mmmhm.
SYNNA: Eggs.
CHARON: Why did you make Maes think about gnawing on you?
SYNNA: Hey, Broth.
SYNNA: Your operator's avoiding questions.
BROTH: [Wow.]
CHARON: See?
CHARON: Not my fault.
BROTH: [If I'm dinner, [size=medium]you're dessert.][/font]
SYNNA: I see.
SYNNA: I see.
SYNNA: Contradicting answers...
SYNNA: Guess that means I can't share my freaky fetish magazine collection to give you some fun tips.
SYNNA: My bad.
CHARON: ...what?
SYNNA: It's been a while since I've seen Maes so happy, alright?
SYNNA: And- I don't get a lot of chances to be there for her anymore.
SYNNA: She used to talk with me about this kinda thing, ages ago.
SYNNA: ...I've got a lot of cool shit that I'd be willing to loan for like, date ideas for you freaks.
SYNNA: S'kind of something I collect and I figured you'd be interested.
CHARON: I..
CHARON: I mean I suppose it couldn't hurt...
CHARON: What's the catch?
SYNNA: Nothing.
SYNNA: I'm an enthusiast, not trying to pull a fast one on you.
SYNNA: Sheesh.
SYNNA: ...sorry.
SYNNA: I'm not good at talking about this kinda shit in person.
SYNNA: ...thought I could play it cool.
CHARON: The effort's appreciated.
CHARON: If it's worth anything, Flor's the one who writes the script for us there.
CHARON: Perks of being a whole squad.
It gets her to smile, just a little- before she looks at the clock.
SYNNA: ...gonna be late at this rate.
SYNNA: We'll walk and talk.
SYNNA: Not like I have anybody to chat about this stuff with either.
SYNNA: You know how hard it is to be a fetish guy without people thinking you're a creep?
SYNNA: Continuing to fail that check.
CHARON: It can't be that bad...
CHARON: What could possibly be too weird?
SYNNA: You're a vampire knight wizard with like five proxies and a masochism thing.
SYNNA: I think you have a skewed perspective on what most people put up with.
CHARON: Point remains, rare opportunity for us as well to talk to someone who won't bat an eye.
SYNNA: ...Yeah.
SYNNA: I got you covered there, then.
SYNNA: I'll bring some in tomorrow for lunch break, alright?
SYNNA: My favorites even have, like.
SYNNA: Diagrams and shit.
SYNNA: For making gear, procedures, you name it.
SYNNA: Makes my nerd brain happy.
CHARON: Find a discreet spot for it, I'll hook us up with snacks and see who around wants in on talks.
CHARON: Mm...
CHARON: Probably Flor or Mar, Kettle has her game plan solved.
SYNNA: Killer.
SYNNA: For now-
SYNNA: You're on Stitches duty.
SYNNA: Maes is already down there.....
SYNNA: ...getting more acquainted.
SYNNA: Glad we finally got her to even get near it.
CHARON: Wrangle cats and keep pizza day civil.
SYNNA: You got it.
SYNNA: I gotta do rounds, some of the tech's acting up.
SYNNA: Holler if you need me, alright?
CHARON: I'll let you know.
Synna lounges against the wall, going over her clipboard.
SYNNA: A nice reprieve from the fucking news outside the lab.
CHARON: Mmm, what are we looking at?
The pockitt nibbles on the end of a pen, poking at something on her papers.
SYNNA: If you can believe it, you and Maes are just assigned to a Stitches check-in and a pizza party.
CHARON: A...party?
She nods.
SYNNA: Yeah, one of the docs working down here's retiring.
SYNNA: Doesn't get out and about in the halls like you do, just has an office around where Ruby's spot is.
SYNNA: Everybody's gonna miss him like crazy, and we figured, eh, why not.
SYNNA: Don't get to do too much like this.
...hm.
The rehab program's staff was few and far between, carefully selected for...obvious security reasons.
Even still, there'd still been a couple Charon didn't even know the names of- either way too busy for their paths to intercept, or active at different times entirely.
The rehab program's staff was few and far between, carefully selected for...obvious security reasons.
Even still, there'd still been a couple Charon didn't even know the names of- either way too busy for their paths to intercept, or active at different times entirely.
CHARON: Feels weird to imagine just popping in when I never met him but..
CHARON: I'll do my best to add a little flair.
Synna shrugs.
SYNNA: Eh, you're not on party magician duty.
SYNNA: We want you to keep people from roughhousing with him too bad.
SYNNA: Gang gets rowdy when they're excited, you've seen it plenty.
SYNNA: ...doesn't hurt to say hi, though.
CHARON: I've worked security at clubs, should be fine either way.
She pauses, a smirk growing on her face.
SYNNA: Clubs, huh?
SYNNA: That's a new fun fact.
CHARON: Mmhmm, the sexy kind.
CHARON: Easiest work to build a resume with when starting off at the guild.
CHARON: Need to be muscle, show some people skills, de-escalation, proves you can tackle a night shift.
Tapping on the clipboard again, thinking.
SYNNA: Kinda relationship you have with Maes normal for knights, then?
CHARON: ..Mm?
CHARON: Which part exactly?
SYNNA: Kind that goes out to clubs like that.
SYNNA: ...you two ain't slick.
More tapping, a bit more emphasized this time.
SYNNA: Ginger saw the scratches last time you practiced with Smith and got your sweater torn.
SYNNA: Word gets around.
shit.
It was one thing for the two of them to be known as a couple- that was dicey enough with the employment dynamic.
But-
It was one thing for the two of them to be known as a couple- that was dicey enough with the employment dynamic.
But-
CHARON: ...No, I don't think most employers would want to keep a knight who flirts with them.
SYNNA: Surprised Maes went for it, honestly.
CHARON: Strange things seem to happen quite a lot down here.
She snorts dismissively.
SYNNA: Bullshit metric to measure on, not even remotely comparable categories of events.
CHARON: I know, I'm one of those extremes.
![[Image: 8-1-8.png]](http://homebrewdeviants.com/static/story/pca/8-1-8.png)
[id: charon talking with synna, the latter leaning against the wall with a clipboard and sticking her tongue out at him. she's teasing today, and he's sweating bullets.]
SYNNA: Cocky bastard- not wrong, though.
CHARON: Heh...
....Maes did say her and Synna were close.
Maybe it would be fine.
Maybe it would be fine.
CHARON: I'm guessing the Boss hasn't said anything folks haven't seen themselves.
SYNNA: Nnnope.
Synna pauses.
SYNNA: Well, kinda.
SYNNA: Maes would rather die than talk about her sex life, but-
Her face softens.
SYNNA: I've seen the way she smiles when she talks about you.
Charon's unable to keep his own smile off his face, resisting the urge to shyly hide it with his cloak.
CHARON: People love a little magic in their lives.
CHARON: Probably not this literal but, you know-
She shakes her head, raising up a hand and gesturing for him to stop.
SYNNA: Oh, you misunderstand.
SYNNA: Yeah, she's like, smitten with you.
SYNNA: Obviously.
SYNNA: The whole magician bit- congrats, by the way, never expected that to hit- and everything, she's crazy for it.
A sly smirk crosses her face.
SYNNA: What I'm talking about is the expression she gets when she's thinking about a massive hunk of meat.
SYNNA: Same thing.
SYNNA: You see it enough times, you recognize it.
SYNNA: God knows I've had to help haul around her lunch.
Oh god.
Deflect.
Deflect.
CHARON: I make her fancy dinner on occasion, what can I say?
SYNNA: Uh huh.
She's not buying it.
Deflect harder.
Deflect harder.
CHARON: Once made boiled eggs and she swallowed one like a snake.
SYNNA: Mmmhm.
SYNNA: Eggs.
No, that's worse.
He has to think fast.
Maes' reputation is at stake-
Well, more that she'd die of embarrassment than any kind of real risk, at least where Synna is concerned.
....he could pin the blame on someone else.
Broth pops into view without warning, its confusion only compounded by Charon throwing it under the bus.
He has to think fast.
Maes' reputation is at stake-
Well, more that she'd die of embarrassment than any kind of real risk, at least where Synna is concerned.
....he could pin the blame on someone else.
Broth pops into view without warning, its confusion only compounded by Charon throwing it under the bus.
CHARON: Why did you make Maes think about gnawing on you?
The skeleton looks at him incredulously, then back and forth between him and Synna.
SYNNA: Hey, Broth.
Synna yawns.
SYNNA: Your operator's avoiding questions.
The proxy immediately starts signing, shooting him a death glare.
BROTH: [Wow.]
CHARON: See?
CHARON: Not my fault.
BROTH: [If I'm dinner, [size=medium]you're dessert.][/font]
Shit.
Synna nods sagely.
Synna nods sagely.
SYNNA: I see.
SYNNA: I see.
SYNNA: Contradicting answers...
She turns to head for the elevator dramatically, cocking her head over her shoulder.
SYNNA: Guess that means I can't share my freaky fetish magazine collection to give you some fun tips.
SYNNA: My bad.
It takes Charon a moment to process it.
CHARON: ...what?
Synna turns around proper, dropping the bit with a sigh.
SYNNA: It's been a while since I've seen Maes so happy, alright?
SYNNA: And- I don't get a lot of chances to be there for her anymore.
SYNNA: She used to talk with me about this kinda thing, ages ago.
She inhales hard.
SYNNA: ...I've got a lot of cool shit that I'd be willing to loan for like, date ideas for you freaks.
SYNNA: S'kind of something I collect and I figured you'd be interested.
It's...
A strange offer.
But...
A strange offer.
But...
CHARON: I..
CHARON: I mean I suppose it couldn't hurt...
CHARON: What's the catch?
SYNNA: Nothing.
SYNNA: I'm an enthusiast, not trying to pull a fast one on you.
SYNNA: Sheesh.
She crosses her arms, looking...nervous.
SYNNA: ...sorry.
SYNNA: I'm not good at talking about this kinda shit in person.
SYNNA: ...thought I could play it cool.
Charon gives his best reassuring smile, half for calming his own nerves.
While it's not the reaction he would have ever expected, the support is... well, he wasn't exactly expecting anyone to go to bat for his relationship in this department.
While it's not the reaction he would have ever expected, the support is... well, he wasn't exactly expecting anyone to go to bat for his relationship in this department.
CHARON: The effort's appreciated.
CHARON: If it's worth anything, Flor's the one who writes the script for us there.
CHARON: Perks of being a whole squad.
It gets her to smile, just a little- before she looks at the clock.
SYNNA: ...gonna be late at this rate.
She gestures for the two of them to follow her.
SYNNA: We'll walk and talk.
Broth hops into Charon's arms, its usual request to be bridal carried to the elevator.
Spoiled little skeleton.
At least this, Synna's used to- not even reacting to it at this point.
Spoiled little skeleton.
At least this, Synna's used to- not even reacting to it at this point.
SYNNA: Not like I have anybody to chat about this stuff with either.
SYNNA: You know how hard it is to be a fetish guy without people thinking you're a creep?
She makes a frustrated noise.
SYNNA: Continuing to fail that check.
CHARON: It can't be that bad...
She raises her brows at him.
CHARON: What could possibly be too weird?
SYNNA: You're a vampire knight wizard with like five proxies and a masochism thing.
SYNNA: I think you have a skewed perspective on what most people put up with.
CHARON: Point remains, rare opportunity for us as well to talk to someone who won't bat an eye.
SYNNA: ...Yeah.
SYNNA: I got you covered there, then.
She gives a thumbs up, smile properly turning- far less smug this time.
SYNNA: I'll bring some in tomorrow for lunch break, alright?
SYNNA: My favorites even have, like.
SYNNA: Diagrams and shit.
SYNNA: For making gear, procedures, you name it.
SYNNA: Makes my nerd brain happy.
CHARON: Find a discreet spot for it, I'll hook us up with snacks and see who around wants in on talks.
Broth tilts its head, giving him an inquisitive head bonk.
CHARON: Mm...
CHARON: Probably Flor or Mar, Kettle has her game plan solved.
SYNNA: Killer.
SYNNA: For now-
The elevator slows to a stop.
SYNNA: You're on Stitches duty.
SYNNA: Maes is already down there.....
Her voice trails off.
SYNNA: ...getting more acquainted.
SYNNA: Glad we finally got her to even get near it.
The dog gives her a little salute before making way, Broth still in his arms.
CHARON: Wrangle cats and keep pizza day civil.
SYNNA: You got it.
SYNNA: I gotta do rounds, some of the tech's acting up.
SYNNA: Holler if you need me, alright?
CHARON: I'll let you know.
Broth gives the pockitt one last little wave, Synna making sure to give an extra salute.
Time to start the day.
Time to start the day.


![[Image: TCP%20customs.png]](https://pile.randimg.net/3/13/190751/TCP%20customs.png)
