Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a Passing Assassin...
A firm hand on their shoulder should do the trick without getting to intimate. other questions, if this is venom and soul fuckery, would killing the beast help at all? not that I think we should, I just want to know our options. also have you tried contacting any authorities to deal with the issue? bounty hunters? exterminators?
No time to think. Hand on face.
Obligatory Ghost Plug --> https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Threa...ake-ghosts
Check it out! Help make some ghosts!
Unless you're seeing this in a help rin make ghosts thread.
Then uh. Whoops.
Hand contact seems like a safe bet, maybe trying to lead into a dance or something so the time hand holding is a bit cooler looking would work?
You instinctively go for a hand directly on the face.

Cabinetta squeaks in surprise.

The others are holding back laughter.

Oh god you’re fumbling it completely.

You try to save face by shifting to holding her hand.

[Image: unknown.png]

Spiral: There we go, that seems better.

Cabinetta: B-Better for what?

Spiral: Just need you to keep contact for a bit. Seems like the best spot.

Cabinetta: Ah, right...

You try leading this into a dance. The spider is clearly a little flustered at first but manages to get into the flow of it.

You’re both surprisingly good actually.

SCAN NOW…..

Cabinetta: I haven’t done something like this in so long, is this really part of the process?

Spiral: Mmhmm..

Cabinetta: I like it..

You keep it going as best you can until finally…

SCAN LEVEL MAX, DATA STORED.

Spiral: And done.

You pull your hand away, Cabinetta reluctantly lets go.

Cabinetta: Ah, already?

Cabinetta: That was quite nice.. Even if I’m not entirely sure how it works. Been a good while since I’ve had such levity with the monster in town.

Cabinetta: But.. that’s just me getting distracted.

Fiddle: Mm, we should get back to business as fun as that was.

Steady: Yeah, what they said.

Cabinetta: Of course.

Spiral: So um, it’s venom AND soul fuckery? Would killing the beast help?

Cabinetta: Yes actually, if we could take it down we could save some of the people who’ve been left in a dormant state. We could also make an antidote out of the venom.

Spiral: What about calling outside help? Authorities, bounty hunters?

Cabinetta: Yes well… we have a radio to keep in contact with folks, we worked out a deal with nearby hotels and truckstops to take them in while we resolve things but… authorities don’t have the supernatural expertise. Bounty Hunters are a little difficult to get right now, not a single knight for 100 kilometers, and our own town’s hunter is doing his best but it’s wearing him down…

Steady: Hunter?

Fiddle: The old man I talked to earlier I presume?

Cabinetta: Mmhmm! We were once enemies but we’ve become good friends over the years. His talents in fighting anything from devils to ghosts to curses is top notch but he’s aging, and that creature is too slippery for one person.

Cabinetta: I’ve been trying to radio for anyone who could help him and people outside have looked around but nobody is skilled nor brave enough…

Cabinetta: I have might of my own but its abilities shut me down quite a bit.

She’s quite visibly upset at this point, hands shaking a little.

Cabinetta: I’m sorry, it’s just so.... If you could really help our town I welcome you to use any of my assets.

Cabinetta: Even if you know someone just... I know I shouldn't put that on you but if you really do...
Hm.

1. Defeating the beast seems like a good idea, if it seems feasible, as it'd probably help the return target and assist in teleporting out of the area. (Maybe also plan for trying to scan it if possible?)

2. It'd be a good idea to ask about what Cabinetta has on hand that could be relevant and generally asking her about any ideas as far as combating the beast goes. things that have been tried before, things that seem to be useful, etc.

3. If possible, talking to the Hunter sounds like a good idea as well.

in any case strategizing and like, trying to organize information on how this could be approached seems ideal.
Oh yeah, we're happy to help! 

we should also ask what this town terrorizer looks like, and ye, let's try to get in contact with the hunter for tips and information on it
There's a 95% chance I'm thinking of either a Pun or Mega Man at any given time

[Image: doppler.png]Character thread here (always a WIP)! [Image: cadence.png]
Well, we came here to help our colleague, and if it takes taking down a monster to do it, that's fine by me. Plus, we're the closest things to bounty hunters you're probably gonna get. I'd feel bad not doing anything about it.

Let's ask Steady and Fiddle if they're alright with that though, just to check.
Then uh. Whoops.
 Spiral: Honestly defeating the beast might be the best idea, we got no way to get out safely until we do and I‘d feel bad abandoning everyone…

You look over at your allies.

Spiral: What do you two think?

Fiddle: If it saves our comrade, I’d gladly do so.

Steady: Wouldn’t feel right not to help. Know it’s not the job we’re here for but it’s honestly the right thing to do.

Fiddle: Mm… plus we might find ourselves with a hefty bonus for scanning a creature of its nature. If we ever encounter more, having data on that will keep people safe. Cures to the ailments it inflicted and analysis on how to counter it.

Spiral: I was about to ask actually…

Steady: I mean it’s all part of our research right?

Spiral: Right.. Would talking to the local hunter be helpful? What’s this thing look like?

Cabinetta: It could be but I would insist on going with you, I’m capable of cloaking others from the creature for short instances.

Cabinetta: As for its appearance, it’s able to disguise itself akin to an octopus and circles you with an exposed limb like a shark. It drags you down into a void where it attempts to claim you. It despises light however. There are some who’ve filled their basements with the brightest light possible to avoid its approach during the early nights.

Cabinetta: With that said, night becomes increasingly longer the more it’s in town…

Spiral: And uh… assets? Prior efforts? Let's talk about strategy.

Cabinetta: It hates fire and light seems to irritate it but it’s been difficult creating a good situation to pin it down because it can flee into its own personal void. It straight up refuses to show up during the day…

Cabinetta: Unfortunately I haven’t been very useful. It creates a natural frost  around itself and my kind is incredibly weak to such… the cold will cause us to eventually go to sleep. The hunter refused to accept my assistance after it became an issue when attempting to combat that.

Cabinetta: In general cold blooded creatures don’t fare well against it. Hopefully none of you are…

Cabinetta: As for assets? We have a selection of arms, transmission devices, first aid, alchemy, and medicines. A handful of artifacts for those who have a handle of the mystic.

Cabinetta: I also can offer you food and bed if it takes some time so… you should be safe here.

Cabinetta: And a library! I don’t know how many of you enjoy a good book but… the option is there.

Steady: That’s a ton to offer, you’re cool with that?

Cabinetta: Mm… I want this town to return to normal and I also do not mind others staying here. To be honest I quite miss having people around.

Cabinetta: Besides, I could do with more friends. My assistant is wonderful but likes to keep to himself.

Cabinetta: B-But enough of that ramble, if you really wish to help us my castle is yours as well. Anything you need.

Cabinetta: It would mean the world right now...
Ooooh I'm interested in the Alchemy and the Artifacts, we've dabbled a little in the mystic ourselves. Should we go hunting for scraps tomorrow morning?
Then uh. Whoops.
alright, what equipment/teqnuiqes do we have that involve fire and/or light? Cabinetta are any of your mistic doo dads fire or light related? Fiddle, Steady, do either of you have a way of combatting the cold for Cabinetta? do you think the hunter would come with us to kill this thing? (also is this body cold blooded?)
Nabbing some tinder, a torch, oil, or something else to have on hand and something to light it seems like a good idea to nab some nonmagical flame bits and bobs while we're prepping for stuff. Also maybe ask the others if they have any experience/knowledge related to how to deal with entities that can scurry into their own spaces? Maybe like, trying to entrap it somehow or otherwise. restrict its movement could be useful?
 Spiral: I’d actually be interested in messing with alchemy and artifacts! I’ve dabbled in the mystic before..

Cabinetta: Really? That’s actually wonderful to know, solutions to situations like these often require equally supernatural measures. At least that’s what I’ve been told many times in life.

Spiral: You mentioned light and fire are things it’s weak against as well? The creature?

Cabinetta: Mm..

Spiral: Anything of sorts that could assist?

Cabinetta: Scrap magic, I imagine you’re familiar with such… perhaps a potion could ignite it but we’d need to work on a mechanism to release it safely.

Fiddle: I could work on something if you cook something up. Perhaps an explosive or spray. I'm a bit of a tinkerer myself.

Steady: I don’t got much on me unfortunately but I’m down to be the one to put it into motion.

Fiddle: You are quick on your feet and you have a strong arm.. This gives me ideas.

Fiddle: It would come down to what type of risks we face.

Cabinetta: You want to be able to escape being grappled, and you need to avoid being in contact too long or it’ll freeze you alive. Fiend bodies are especially weak which has repeatedly hindered my ability to stand up to it for long periods. The hunter has had to bail me out on occasion… I feel bad when it does happen.

Cabinetta: As mentioned, cold blooded folks are especially at risk.

You take a moment to place a hand on your wrist.

Steady: What’s up?

Spiral: Just checking something..

Cabinetta: May I help?

Spiral: Mm.

She takes a moment to check. She pressed a clawed finger down, pinching but not enough to break skin.

Cabinetta: Mm.. you’re of irregular nature. Cold-Blooded but actually quite weather resistant. Are you modified?

Spiral: Think so.

Fiddle: How can you tell such out of curiosity?

Cabinetta: My kind is capable of feeding on the blood and life force of others. I’m a bit of an expert on the subject even if it’s somewhat infrequent. Sometimes I can manage a donation from town in exchange for assisting the people but it’s been a good while since I’ve drank and I’ve run out of reserves… Don't suppose you're carrying extra.

Cabinetta: We do not need Blood to survive but it allows us to be capable of incredible feats and powers beyond the average person. It’s also difficult to wean off of it when you drink it somewhat regularly like myself.

Cabinetta: But anyway.. Yes, I am a bit of an expert on the subject.

Steady: Like a wine taster but scarier... or maybe cuter if you're into that..?

Cabinetta: I suppose...

Spiral: So will I be fine?

Fiddle: Should be, in the way a modified crop would survive the winter.

Steady: Like a potato. Snake Potato… Snake. Snotato…

Fiddle: No… though that does make me ponder how we can protect ourselves from outright freezing overtime. Well.. I’m pretty sure I’d be immune but the three of you..

Steady: I mean I can keep out of reach.

Spiral: I’ll be careful… but what about Cabinetta?

Cabinetta: I will simply have to pick and choose how I approach this fight I think. We can see if the hunter has anything in the morning. I’d rather not walk out right now…

Spiral: Will he help us?

Cabinetta: He should, though if he finds any of you inexperienced he may be hesitant to work with you… That said he can always use a hand in setting traps.

Spiral: Ah... I was about to actually ask, is there a way to slow it down? Impede its movement?

Cabinetta: He’d be the expert at this point. He tends to keep his fingers away from magic unless it’s really needed so he’s quite good at making the most of analog tools and weapons.

Cabinetta: It seems early to rest and it’s best to prepare during the day when it’s unlikely to attack. If you’d like to join me in the fireplace with a hot drink or explore around until bedtime do say, I’m more than glad to. When it’s time for bed my assistant will help you to your guest rooms.

Cabinetta: I’m also open to any other ideas so long as they’re within reason. Make the most of what time you have to relax before the long day or prep.

Fiddle: I may look in your library if that's alright.

Steady: I wouldn't mind something to drink right now.

The spider turns to you. 

Cabinetta: And yourself? 
Got any games?
 Spiral: Yeah, you got any games?

Cabinetta: Games? Certainly! I haven’t had anyone ask me for those in quite a bit honestly….

Cabinetta: Board games, playing cards, electronic ones… I’ve done a few of those tabletop ones in the past but I don’t imagine we have time for a session right now.

Steady: When you say electronic, do you mean video games?

Cabinetta: Mm.. there’s a number of cabinets in town that I participated in and a scene for them as well. I have a few games of my own here as well actually…

Cabinetta: My assistant makes fun of me for being into them but he’ll join in too sometimes…

Cabinetta: Admittedly though many of them are more old fashioned. The 3D space is somewhat difficult for me to grasp, though there’s a multiplayer first person one that has caught my attention for its more gothic aesthetics…

Cabinetta: There’s also a few more fist fighty games that the people in town have made me appreciate. Some of them are co-op while others are directly player against player oriented. There’s a recent 3D one among those that I picked up as well… weapon based and spooky.

Cabinetta: There’s a couple of racing ones I like too…

Cabinetta: And one that’s quite relaxing involving taking care of a village of sort, although we’d need seperate setups and I can’t imagine you brought yours…

Cabinetta: As for card and board games I have anything you could think of. I’m fairly good at chess actually! And with cards I’ve got a good grip of anything from blackjack to spades.

Cabinetta: I’m… a bit of a colletor actually… the hunter was often my opponent in some of these but he’s been unable to sit down for a game for a bit..

Cabinetta: I think I’ve rambled on a bit much at this point though..

Steady: You’re fine dude.

Cabinetta: Are you sure? I went off for a good while..

Spiral: Mm. I asked you the question right?

Cabinetta: Of course… does anything catch your interest? We could do something else too if none of it does but admittedly it's appealing rght now...

Pick something interesting, I'm down for anything.
Do you have any story rich games with long combo moves and buck-wild character deisgn that we could play together, mayhaps?
Then uh. Whoops.
 Spiral: Pick something interesting, I’m down.

Cabinetta: That’s so broad, there's a lot of things I think are interesting..

Spiral: Hmm well...

You think back to the types of games you played in life.

Spiral: Maybe something story rich with fancy long combo moves and buck-wild character designs?

Cabinetta: Well… there’s certainly something.

Cabinetta: My assistant makes fun of me for a game I’ve been quite fond of lately but…

Cabinetta: I do have something. It’s only designed for one person to play at a time though…

Steady: Wouldn’t mind watching for a bit while we talk personally.

Cabinetta: Mm, and we can take turns. I should start a new file I think, otherwise you’d be missing a lot of context.

Spiral: Sounds good honestly.

Cabinetta: Follow me then…

Fiddle: What of me?

Cabinetta: Ah, right! My assistant shall be here for you shortly, hope you do not mind waiting.

Fiddle: Not in a rush for anything no..

Cabinetta: They’ll be here anytime now to check up on your friend, we’ve been doing our best to take care of them.

Fiddle: Mm.. Thank you.

Fiddle: All of you have fun for now, and catch me up on any details before bed.

Steady: Easy.

Spiral: Mm.

Cabinetta: Absolutely, I do hope your evening research goes well…

You give the construct a little wave as the spider leads you around the castle.

Admittedly you’re a bit overwhelmed. It's massive and maze-like and you swear you've seen the same vase several times now

Eventually you come across a cozy room with a television setup and shelves filled with media. Films, books, and unsurprisingly games both of the analog and digital variety. She walks up ahead to fiddle with the fireplace, setting it up with little effort.

Cabinetta: Get comfortable.

There’s a couch and a number of large comfortable looking chairs around the television setup.

Steady immediately dives onto one of the big chairs. She looks very smug about it.

You go for the couch yourself, leaving room just in case.

Cabinetta goes for the shelf and pulls out a box, one that she opens up to reveal a disc.

Cabinetta: Games such as these are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine… people are always so thrown off when they find out…

Steady: It’s all cool, sometimes you gotta have fun.

Cabinetta: Mm.. Still, people assume that because I live in an old timey castle I’m a fossil who’d be frightened by a lightbulb.. And while it’s true my kind is quite long lived, I’m far from being an ancient hermit.

She puts in the disc and boots up the game. A series of logos load up.

She sits herself next to you on the couch, getting comfortable.

She speeds through the starting menu, you barely register anything. She’s clearly played this a few times by now, you’re able to catch that she has a long list of saves.

Steady: Feel like I’ve seen something like this before.

Cabinetta: Have you? I mean I suppose it’s pretty popular, certainly has a fanbase across a large number of regions.

Steady: Yeah.

The first screen after the menu boots.

The game text pops up. It’s a little cryptic, accompanied by incredibly ominous music.

A youth descends onto a stained glass floor at the bottom of the ocean.

"A long way to travel for a lonely grave, one that’ll be unmarked.

But it’s not your time yet, you’ve a certain luck on your side.

Regardless, it’s not much without the power to protect yourself…

Perhaps you carry that in you…"

Three pillars pop up, on top a tool on each of them.

"To gain is to lose. Pick one and forfeit another. "

The first item pops up.

A large sword.

THE POWER OF “THE EXECUTIONER”.

THE NOBLE BLADE OF THE OPPRESSED

ASPECT OF THE BODY, THE ABILITY TO DEFEAT ALL

A PATH OF HIGH, A TRAIL OF DESTRUCTION.

YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED AS A TRUE HERO

YOU WILL BE FEARED AND DESPISED LONG AFTER YOU’RE GONE.

The second item, a staff.

THE POWER OF “THE MYSTIC”

THE HOLY ROD OF THE FALLEN

ASPECT OF THE MIND, THE ABILITY TO SEE ALL

A PATH OF DIVINITY, A TRAIL OF FATE

YOUR WORK WILL SAVE MANY LONG AFTER YOU’RE GONE

YOU WILL UNLEASH INCOMPREHENSIBLE HORRORS ON THE WORLD.

Finally, a axe.

THE POWER OF “THE CHAMPION"

THE LOYAL GUARDIAN OF THE WEAK

ASPECT OF THE SOUL, THE ABILITY TO PROTECT ALL

A PATH OF MOST SUFFERING, A TRAIL OF SACRIFICE

YOU WILL BE SURROUNDED BY THOSE WHO LOVE YOU TO THE VERY END

YOU WILL STRUGGLE TO THE VERY END.

Cabinetta: Done this plenty of times, would the two of you like to pick?

Steady: Maybe, seems tricky. What does it do?

Cabinetta: Pick a power you want, and one to give up. It’ll impact playstyle a good amount.

Steady: Hmm… I dunno. They all sound kind of scary. Spiral?
pick champion, give up executioner
There's a 95% chance I'm thinking of either a Pun or Mega Man at any given time

[Image: doppler.png]Character thread here (always a WIP)! [Image: cadence.png]
(06-25-2022, 06:26 PM)MarxzVulpez Wrote: pick champion, give up executioner

Seconded
honestly I had the same thought, thirded
Then uh. Whoops.

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.