Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IM with D and DIGITAL_HORROR]
These messages are private between you and [DIGITAL_HORROR].
MessiRoom Staff will NEVER ask for your scronglin details or perbibble information!

[D]: Hey this is 3D
[D]: Sorry I have to be a Usernames Funnyboy on every single website
[D]: Show me. the pets
VYN - website programmer and designer
my gallery
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: ok so...i really am not going to do this for a lot of people considering i want files to be more cleaned up and enough content for people to actually play the game, like rooms and toys and clothes...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: but i could really use someone else to help drum up hype and get things ironed out, and to let us know whether the game is actually fun and engaging!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: would you be down for that?
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[D]: Abso fucking lutely
[D]: Is it seriously that easy to get a working game going these days?
[D]: I mean. Not easy but like. Whenever I mod old shit it takes ages to do miniscule ass additions
[D]: Though to be fair modding doesn't usually have a fancy convenient developer interface. But still. That fast???
my gallery
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: well...to be honest...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i wasn't entirely truthful in the forum thread about how i made this...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i didn't steal anything or anything like that!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: but the storm made my ability even crazier than usual, and as soon as i got a model walking around, it started doing other stuff...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i call it AI and i don't think that's wrong, just, more literal than i expected
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: does make me kind of existential though
[D]: That is metal as hell
[D]: I've been trying to use my ability for ages to make virtual pet shells. I haven't even tried using my ability in this storm
[D]: Considering the nature of it I'm scared of what will happen because my ability like
[D]: Affects shit physically. And in ways that are already unpredictable.
my gallery
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: if you can set up a controlled environment it may be worth a shot?
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: get something simple like a cardboard box and a safe room and see what happens...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: in any case

[DIGITAL_HORROR] sent FriendZoo.zip

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: there's the files, they worked for crit even without my ability needing to be present
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i don't recommend opening the files marked with an "X" though, those are very weird and haunted and i'm scared of them fucking up peoples' computers
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: iiii am going to make that safer or hide them or something but im still really new to this
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: all you can really do is generate friends, pick them up and pet them- but they do interact with each other and have randomized personalities
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i've also included a serial code for the modeling software i use and some instructions if you want to try making custom friends off the species i've already put in the game, or if you want to try adding your own
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: instructions for controls and such are in there too, but it's pretty simple
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: ...i don't actually know whether the friends are alive or not so be nice to them
[D]: Of course I will

[D]: Oh that's really cool that they work even away from you
[D]: Nice job, that's actually sick
[D]: Are they gonna like evolve into anything? Just curious

[D]: Oh you're right they do interact with each other. That's cute
[D]: sent wjbjhdfhj.png

[Image: e9V34YS.png]

[D]: Do they form relationships? Or have a system like "X personality doesn't like Y personality"?
my gallery
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: no plans for evolution, i think i just want people to be able to raise them from a baby state (which is really just them being smaller) into an adult
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: possibly with romance/breeding mechanics? idk itd be cute
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: they do form relationships from what i've been able to observe- i've seen them get happy or sad when you put one away.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: uhhhh someone is asking about the game being haunted im starting to regret mentioning it at all
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i am kind of working with a living creepypasta what do i say
[D]: You really had to call it that huh
[D]: LMAO
[D]: Well.
[D]: Even if you didn't bring it up, you HAVE mentioned before that you tend to create haunted vpets by accident.
[D]: So don't feel bad at that. Someone was bound to do the math eventually.
[D]: TCP Smug TCP Chuckle
[D]: Uhhh. Well. I don't know what the question is here
[D]: Your pets aren't ACTUALLY haunted, like they don't have vengeful real dead people in them
[D]: It sounds like they are just oddly sentient. And like, the pets in this one still Learn things and are Curious - they act like they Just came into existence right, and you can kind of teach them things, and they still have very pet-like mannerisms. A virtual dog trapped in the body of semi-3d pixels is not gonna try to kill you. They can't even do that.
[D]: It's not like they can like. Call a real murderer to your location either Lmao. They're still programs. And they're probably not gonna mutate to be More Advanced in the hands of a player - they don't have your ability
[D]: So uhh
[D]: Do you want to be transparent about the haunting stuff being involved in development or not
[D]: If you do, then say that you've never ever had problems with your ability and even if there was an issue the pets aren't gonna leave the scope of the program they're in anyway. The average program on your computer has no power to cause real harm. Why would a program that's not even real-haunted have that power.
[D]: If not say that I vouch that your "testing copies" have no haunted shit in them whatsoever. Maybe get crit to sign off on it too.
[D]: If you go back on it then you can say that things have changed in the storm.
my gallery
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i mean now that i'm actually thinking about it im kind of freaking out
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: with my minipix it'd just be like..
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: pixel characters changing shapes
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: or making weird distorted sounds
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: these are...artificial intelligence
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: supernatural intelligence?
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i don't know what's going on, to be honest...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: if they are alive then i made /constructs/
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i /made/ */constructs/*
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i don't know what the laws are on that!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: what happens if you delete a friend file!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: what happens if people mistreat them!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: literally as i say this ive been petting mocha on and off to relieve stress but im wondering if i damned her to a potential digital hellscape
[D]: Well shit when you put it like that
[D]: Ok think about it this way
[D]: I'm pretty sure there are TCPs that live in computers. Fully digital TCPs.
[D]: Uhh
[D]: Okay I don't know where I was going with this it might not be as comforting as I thought
[D]: There would be legal gray areas with those too, right?
[D]: And those TCPs don't call it a digital hellscape otherwise we'd probably be hearing about it
[D]: So it's probably not that bad for them all things considered
[D]: I don't. actually know that much about constructs or virtual TCPs. Whoops.
[D]: I don't know what to do about deleting the friend file thing though. Hmm
[D]: Constructs though.
[D]: I'll be honest I'd be genuinely really fucking impressed if you've accidentally made a program here that can just create an infinite number of constructs with minimal resources and no direct input from you
[D]: I have an idea for the game but I'm not sure if it would make things any better or infinitely worse
my gallery
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: lay it on me anyway, we're already deep in as is
[D]: Ability to talk to the pets with a text input bar
my gallery
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: ...i can try
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: it may be a terrible idea, but...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i have to know.
[D]: That way we can REALLY verify if they're sapient or not
[D]: If not then we're fine, you did not create constructs
[D]: If it is then well
[D]: Uhhh
[D]: It would discourage future players from being shitty 'cause they're like oh shit I can't mistreat it, it's a cute living animal
my gallery
[D]: Oh also I've been meaning to ask, but maybe we can get a group chat deal with crit too
[D]: And anyone else that may be working on this game
my gallery
[ONE HOUR LATER]

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: okay fuck sorry, uhhhhhhhh yes i can do that!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: probably for the best with the developments we just had and a friend of mine wanting to get in on alpha testing...give me a sec