Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MYSTERY GIFT] Year End Friend
Many people seek something exciting when a new year, and reflect upon the one that just passed by

GIFT: An item or two, will come with a small card saying how it should be able to help. Most likely written, chance I'll draw some if I have time.

PROMPT: As the new year approaches and people bustle around, trying to get everything ready for a new beginning, it can become overwhelming. Your character has started seeing an ad, even heard people talking about it, for a company that takes something you don't need and sends you back something they say you do. All your character needs to include is what they hope for in the new year. What will they send? What do they want?

RULES: 
♧ An item will be sent to your character (hopefully) on 12/31 or 01/01.
○ Please refrain from writing what you expect as an item, but feel free to write about the item they sent as much as you like.
I am not sending the item to someone else it just goes to the ambiguous company.
□ Writing about what kind of year your character had can help me choose an item but is not required. What your character wants in the coming year can range from one word answers (ex: love) to describing in detail what the want.
♤ The amount of detail will not affect the quality of gift, but more detail may make it more useful.
♡ One character per person, system members welcome, no entrant limit.

Have Fun
Give Me Your Coins
[Image: T6qxSMU.png]

Taffy Wrap packages up the item with care, making sure their gloves don't slip off as best as they can. It'd be a shame to get the wooly sweater all messy...any more messy than it already has gotten, anyway. It had been a gift from an acquaintance a few years ago and never quite fit them right, and the material itself wasn't exactly compatible with their drippy hands. Thankfully, they'd always managed to work out the worst of the stains, and with a bit of effort, they'd even managed to make what remained resemble purposeful patterns. Maybe whoever got it would think it'd be some kind of cool tie dye...and not...weird...stained...wool. Hopefully. I really hope this is...sanitary. It's had a ton of washes by now, and I think TCP fluid is sterile? Maybe? I think I read that somewhere... 

They seal the box up tight and pat it, unsealing the rim of their gloves with a sigh. This year had been really hard on them, and hopefully whatever they got back would actually be something they could use...they had written in that they really needed a break from the stressors of work, with writing up stories still being fun and all, but...deadlines keep creeping up, and those get rougher and rougher every time. Anything to make the stress of that feel a even little less awful would be nice...

They flop back onto their couch, sinking into their quilt a bit and considering taking just one little nap before running out to the post office. Couldn't hurt...
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[Image: CSut2L4.png]
Gage has spent a lot of time making gifts for their friends over the past couple of months, working hard and taking plenty of breaks as needed. When all is said and done, though, they find that have a leftover gift that has no home. They have a habit of making extras for fun and just in case they met a new friend, so they'd always be prepared.

They think back to the ads they'd been seeing in the papers for a service that takes something and sends something you need in return. It sounds interesting, but they aren't too sure; they did spend a lot of time on this scarf, after all. Who knows where it'll end up?

But maybe it'll go to someone who will love it, and they'll be delighted to receive it. Maybe they could even include a note! Excited now, they practically bound to their kitchen, retrieving their OBJ-adapted pen and a pad of paper. Carefully they write: "Made with love by Spinning Yarns," including the name that doubles as both their business name and screen name. Then, they find some packing paper and an admittedly beaten up box, fold the note into the scarf carefully, and then the paper around it, and place the bundle gently inside the box. They clap their wings together joyfully, bouncing on their feet as they search for some tape. Several drawers later they've found it, and they tape the box rather haphazardly in their excitement. Off to the post office they go, their enthusiasm eliciting a chuckle from the clerk.

"Thank you! Make sure it gets there safe, okay?"
@skinstealer

Taffy Wrap receives a square, lidded box, decorated in blue and green spots with a silver bow. The first thing when opening the box is a laminated notecard with instructions, which gets put to the side to take out the contents. Inside is a squishy gummi catfish, and a calendar.
The notecard is decorated in colorful, smiling, tcp stickers. It reads: “Hello! Thank you for sending in the interesting sweater to us. Our team here has thought carefully about what to provide you, so allow us to explain. The silicone catfish is a popular stress toy, great for hugging. It’s been tested with similar tcp, and is resistant to fluid damage. If it does get dirty, it safe to be washed. Accompanying this is a calendar, with daily inspirational and comforting facts, for a gentle reminder that no matter how rough things are, there are things to appreciate when you take a moment to think about the good. Thank you for your support! We hope you enjoy your gifts, and wish you an amazing new year!”

You’ve received:
+ 1 squishy chewy chunk catfish toy
+ 1 Comfort Calendar

[Image: t8mISq3.png]

@BlueCrowned

Gage receives a small, rectangular box, wrapped in orange paper and decorated with red curled ribbon. The paper slides off easily, revealing a simple brown box with flowers drawn on it. Inside the box is a wind up toy and a camera, covering up a green notecard at the bottom of the box.
The notecard has more plants drawn on it, and some messy handwriting that reads: “Hey! Thank you a bunch for sending the scarf to us, I’m told it’s very cozy. We had to think carefully about what to give you so I hope that you like them. The first thing is a wind up toy skritter, not life size but it in about the size they can be sold as pets! They’re considered a great toy for anyone who has a hard time with a real one, or as practice pets. Or ya know, just toys, toys are fun. Is the key gets stuck they’re fairly easy to get fixed. Along with the Skritter is a camera, the perfect camera to take pictures of your friends with! I got the impression you cared a lot about them, so maybe having pictures even when you aren’t around them would chase away a lonely feeling. I hope you like the items we selected, and we wish you a wonderful new year!”

You received:
+1 Wind Up Skritter toy (Small)
+1 Digital camera

[Image: UB7RcAy.png]
Give Me Your Coins