5. Enemy Approaching- Toby Fox
6. Court Date- ABSRDST
7. Departure- Killabyte
8. Everything Will Be Alright- The Killers
9. Walking- Modulogeek
10. creature- half alive
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
1. Sleepyhead- Passion Pit

a dreamlike song to open up primus' playlist, and one that makes me really nostalgic as well...this is a track that got me through my early high school years, and i associate it a lot with starting to really grow into being an artist and discovering what i wanted to do with art. it feels pretty nice to put it on a character like this' playlist! the whimsical vibes fit primus a lot i feel, and i think it makes for a nice, tone setting opener!

2. Kids- Kyle Dixon & Micheal Stein

stranger things is not a good show but this OST slaps and i refuse to hear otherwise. this track is, similarly to how kids two is on buddy's playlist, a buddy/primus sibling vibes track. i love thinking about the times they shared, albeit brief, playing together and exploring the world that was made for them...it was especially important to primus, who values the hell out of adventure and discovering new things. this sort of nostalgia-focused energy probably has a lot of weight in his heart, and i hope that in the future, he and buddy get more time like this together...

3. Shelter- Porter Robinson, Madeon
mm, it's a long way forward, so trust in me
i'll give them shelter, like you've done for me

a song about primus and his family...primus paying forward the love that voidsy's given him and taking care of the rest of the void team as his family, that's what this song is about for me. being a tent type, primus' ability is all about shelter and healing- he has the ability to help people recover from injuries faster and ease their pains, which is absolutely vital in this kind of wartime situation...but more than that, he's been raised by a kind and caring god to be kind and caring, and he has every intent of paying that forward and helping people not only in a physical sense, but in an emotional support sense as well. wow, that's a big run on sentence.

4. Cat- C418

tiny cat tunes, for a tiny cat person...minecraft music fits TCPs really well, i think. it just has good energies for them, and this is no exception. minecraft music especially feels like good music to explore to, but this one in particular feels like music i could hear while primus plays around the wizard tower, or thinks to himself- it's headspace music, more or less! 

5. Enemy Approaching- Toby Fox

goofy encounter music! primus does kind of come off as an RPG protagonist, doesn't he? he just has those kind of explorer energies...in all seriousness though, this is kind of just a lighthearted pick meant to be nice writing music for encounters- not necessarily battles! think the lover interaction.

6. Court Date- ABSRDST

primus thinking music...good music for when he's contemplating life or walking around by himself. i can't imagine he particularly likes to be on his own too much- he's fine with it, but he strikes me as the kind of person who's most comfortable surrounded by friends and family, or at least has one person tagging along at all times for conversation if nothing else...but for those moments when he has to think things over, i could see something like this playing as he walks through the woods, or something. makes me wish he had more time to explore the session's world....

7. Departure- Killabyte

action track!! it is really hard to pick fight music for primus and i didn't really want to pick any for this playlist specifically, so i saved that for later and settled on a more exciting, general action track with a positive spin. adventure is out there, and at the very least for this track specifically, it is not horrible spit-related murder! there's definitely a sense of a grand scale to this track and things...unfolding, i feel like. in a safer, kinder timeline, i could see this being a good track for primus running around and discovering all he can about the world he's been brought into, without a single worry about Spit or a potential violent end...

8. Everything Will Be Alright- The Killers

primus' personal philosophy...no matter what happens, they'll all make it out okay, because they believe in each other. it's kind of sappy, but i think the first TCP in the game having this very genuine, curious heart brings this sort of warmth to the whole comic, and really helps ground it. i'm really grateful i went with primus being a Good Boy- lots of other character types could have worked out just as well and been equally interesting, but for the story im going for with void session, primus worked just right. 

9. Walking- Modulogeek

wow i have a lot of tracks for characters just...walking around, and this track is literally called just that. this is honestly an even better track for primus walking around on his own than the last one i mentioned, but because i'm doing this commentary in a single take, i am not going back to edit that! whoops! this definitely has a sadder vibe, though...even with primus' positive attitude and his belief that it will be okay in the end, he knows that it might not be the best ride to get there, and that sacrifices will have to be made along the way. it's scary, and it's a situation that no one should have to deal with, but it's the one he's in. this is a good track for him reflecting on that, and being quietly okay with it, i think.

10. creature- half alive
i know i'm made of clay that's worn
blighted by imperfect form
but i will trust the artist molding me

good song for primus and voidsy's relationship as creation and creator- primus trusts voidsy to guide him and has near complete faith in them, even when brought into a world full of danger and war. he knows that voidsy isn't perfect (far from it) and that they're capable of mistakes, but also believes that no matter what, they will do the right thing for their TCPs and what is necessary for them to make it out okay. his faith is pretty unshakeable, moreso than any of the other void team TCPs by a long shot. whether this is a good thing has yet to be seen, but god knows his heart's in the right place.

feel free to leave commentary, or suggest tracks for the next volume!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.