6. Humans Are Such Easy Prey- Perturbator
[cw: nudity on album cover]
7. I AM A DAGGER- Lorn
8. Division Ruine- Carpenter Brut
9. Feels Alright- Watsky
[cw: suicide, drugs]
10. The Final Battle- Infinity Train
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[this commentary will contain mentions of abuse throughout due to hark being one of spit's TCPs, and will be unspoilered.]

1. Silver Lights- Coconuts

it's not a secret to anybody that hotline miami is one of my favorite games and biggest tonal inspirations when it comes to heavier content, especially when you get to the more surreal and psychological end of stuff. silver lights is one of my favorite tracks off of that OST and honestly a pretty perfect opener for the hark playlist- it's harsh, it's droning, it's oppressive, and gives you this sense of not belonging in somewhere potentially very, very dangerous. feels like a good track for hark's headspace/mental state, honestly.

2. Consecration- Perturbator

a more low key (but still pretty dark and ominous) track for hark, i'd say this fits hark's down time in spit's base pretty well. this fits the very sparse moments she gets to herself to think, when spit isn't paying attention to her or speaking to her directly in her head. she doesn't get a lot of moments like this, and even when they happen, they aren't exactly peaceful, and never really feel like they're going to last. maybe if things go well, she'll get the chance to have a real moment of peace.

3. give/take- Mr.Kitty
close my eyes, empty rooms
i know i might be ill
close my mind from inside
i'll go in for the kill

hark is definitely one of the most brainwashed TCPs on spit's team, if not straight up the most. even so, she knows this isn't the only way out after meeting void- but any other option just isn't possible for her specifically. she doesn't have the options that any of the other team members have, and feels trapped in this role of spit's #1- so she may as well give it her all, even if she has no idea how long she'll be able to last.

how much could I give?
how much could I take?

4. Viol- Gesaffelstein

gesaffelstein makes them good dark jams. a nice dark synthy track for hark, good battle encounter music, just a good generalized track for hark's playlist really. there isn't a whole lot to say here beyond this being the kind of music i really vibe with for hark, where there's a real threatening edge to it and a sense of unease- but it's also kind of a jam, though.

5. Roller Mobster- Carpenter Brut

another hotline miami track, this one immediately recognizable by people, i think. this one could also serve as a fight theme, though i picture it more as a longer haul fight than a quick encounter- this is for a battle, not something over with fast like buddy and hark's fight. i don't even want to know what'd lead to something like that, to be honest. aside from that, it's a pretty dance-y track that honestly makes you kind of want to root for hark a little bit...maybe a hint of a redemption battle theme?

6. Humans Are Such Easy Prey- Perturbator
[cw: nudity on album cover]

ok it has a silly terminator sample in it but the terminator sample is REALLY GOOD okay. it's really good. this is all about hark being trained to, well, effectively be a killing machine, and how she's not only been trained to be that but to embody that physically and really portray herself as that as well. it's supposed to be her entire image, and how she comes off to all who cross her path. all of spit's TCPs are trained to kill and commit acts of violence without second thought, but hark is a special case in that she is also allowed to speak and communicate with others while doing it, allowing her to directly communicate spit's messages and teachings to the other TCPs in the game...who, thankfully, so far, don't want to hear any of it.
​​​​​​​
7. I AM A DAGGER- Lorn

self explanatory song name, it's a moody instrumental track i associate with hark's self image. kind of similar to how i have some tracks put aside for other TCPs as "dream" tracks, this is what i'd select along those lines for hark. kind of just...what she sounds like internally. put it with the first track in that respect. head jams.
​​​​​​
8. Division Ruine- Carpenter Brut

more carpenter brut, sorry. need the synths. another hark fight theme, though this one's an even MORE ramped up encounter theme- and definitely not one where she's on your side. hark's ability has infinite usage potential and it can be incredibly nasty, only limited to spit's (and her own) imagination and whatever health pool she has available. spit's full strategy has yet to be fully unveiled, either...
​​​​​​​
9. Feels Alright- Watsky
[cw: suicide, drugs]
did the bull crush me or do i still give a fuck?
is my heart ripped out or just shriveled up?​​​​​​​

Show ContentSpoiler:

10. The Final Battle- Infinity Train

wheeeeeeee fight music. i don't know if i'd pick this for final battle music for hark, but it's definitely up there on good shit for that. hark is at large at the time of writing this and who knows what your next encounter with her will be...even with voidsy taking the most compassionate angle possible, hark may still want to fight...and we'll have to see how that pans out.
​​​​​​​
feel free to leave commentary, or suggest tracks for the next volume!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.