Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IN PROGRESS] Hazard's Fishing Trip
MISSION: HAZARD'S FISHING TRIP

[Image: oT8vpU7.png]
[Image: v8AtVB9.png]

My name's Hazard, and I'm a touch type...I recently got my fancy new tech from the lab, and wanted to experiment a bit with something casual! My pocket dimension is a pretty serene garden with a gentle river...from what I've explored of it, anyway. There seem to be little fish (TCP scaled!!!!) in my river, and I figure what better way to see what's in there than to invite some people over to go fishing with me. No worries about experience or bringing your own equipment- it's very simple, and we can learn together!

OBJECTIVE: Go fishing with Hazard!
PARTY: [4/4]
Timothy
Shock
Patrice
Markus
RULES: No PVP, no items required, bait items (can be anything) recommended, weird ways of catching fish recommended.
CONTENT WARNINGS: None!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[Image: aXqq9IW.png]
[Image: TC2HzDm.png]
hi. i want to come. yes? yes. thank you.
no longer active
[Image: 3DaQdhK.png]
[Image: 0aklBHo.png]

Hi! Can I come along? Also, follow up question, do worm-shaped candies count as bait?
[Image: SfroAIW.png]
[Image: 8UPJXJw.png]
I don't know how to fish, but I'd like to learn!
[Image: 634798359533584384_unknown.png]
I uhm... hello! I'd really like to join you all.
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
"You all seem wonderful! Let's all have a great time today!"

HAZARD'S FISHING TRIP: BEGIN!

The world dissolves in slowly, a stone pavilion marking the starting point. The air is crisp, the sun is shining, and a large touch type is messing with a pile of equipment.

OBJECTIVE: Introduce yourselves!
The arachnophobia type has nothing with them and positions their limbs close to their body, making themself seem smaller than they are. They say nothing to Hazard but wave in her direction, walking up to sit on the stone a respectful distance away. They seem to content to wait until they are addressed or given further instruction.
no longer active
Trice steps carefully on the rocks, blanket dragging against the ground at the edges - and bulging strangely? - and bobs her head up and down. "Nice to meet you. Is the water very far?" Soft voice.
The corpse type looks around, a bit overwhelmed by the experience of suddenly being warped away into a pocket dimension. He stares at the scenerey for a moment before snapping out of it, shyly waving at the other TCPs there, kind of relieved at the sight of other body types. He speaks with a quiet voice "Hello... I'm... I'm Markus, it's nice to meet you all!"
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~

"Water's not too far, just a little bit of a walk..." The touch type turns from her equipment with a spin and a wave. "I wasn't expecting such fast replies, honestly!"
Shock shrugs. "It is exciting to do new things with friends. Everyone likes that."
no longer active
"I'm Trice!" Hums. "I've been trying to get out of the housing more.. this sounded very relaxing."
Oh goodness. Everyone here is a lot taller than him. Almost too tall. How is he gonna make sure he can be heard?

"H-Hi! I'm Timothy! It's nice to be here with all of you!" Apparently raising your voice to a nervous squeak does the trick.
"Do any of you have fishing experience? I know it's kind of a hard thing to get into for smaller TCPs, but rest assured, the fish here are scaled just like they would be to complexes...it's kind of wild, honestly. Just goes to show you anything can be possible in a dimension like this!"
Shock shakes their head. "Excited to try it though."
no longer active
Timothy hops a bit in place. "I do! Well, sort of. I live near a lake, and I watch complexes go fishing all the time! It always looks super easy when they do it, so how hard can it be?"
“I’ve met some fish types,” Trice jokes lightly. “And seen a lot of nature shows! It’s supposed to be relaxing, right?”
"There's definitely a lot of skill to it, but the basics are easy to pick up...come along then, it's not too far!" The touch type hauls a massive backpack onto her shoulders, fishing rods strapped to the sides. She starts walking ahead, gesturing for the party to follow. "While we mosey on over there, I figure we can get to know each other better! After all, this is my first time meeting anybody through the program since, well...leaving the lab. I miss it sometimes, but living on my own's not too bad either." She looks over her shoulder as best she can, having to crane her neck around the backpack. "How are y'all set up, anyway? Houses, jobs, education?"
"Everything's great!" It feels like Timothy has to take two steps to keep up with every step the larger cats make, but he's doing well with keeping up with them. He definitely doesn't want to get lost in someone else's pocket dimension... "I live over in a big house in Hearth, and I work at a flower shop! I get to meet lots of new people every day!" Then, not wanting to seem rude, he follows up with, "What about you, Hazard?"
"I have blankets under a table. In Cranberry's print shop. Very nice." Shock nods appreciatively.
no longer active
"Oh, me? I cook! I help do catering for TCP-focused events, so I actually end up at things sponsored by the lab pretty often...it wasn't a job set up by my housing or anything like that, I had to go get it myself. But! I found out that cooking is what I love doing, so I did my best and ended up landing a job for it!"
“Mercy has a little colony in her housing, now! I’ve been helping everyone get settled in.” Trice considers for a moment. “Are we fishing for a dish you intend to make?”
"Yep! I don't let anything go to waste, no point in fishing just for sport alone...you're all welcome to stay if you like, everything here is edible for TCPs- well, stuff that'd be edible to complexes, anyway. I don't recommend eating the dirt."
"I don't think I've had fish yet. Or anything that was once alive so far." Timothy shrugs. "But I'll try anything once."
"Most TCPs never get the chance, seeing as we can only eat food type products...but there are some technologies being developed to "convert" other kinds of food, widening the variety us TCPs can eat like never before!"
"That's nice. Didn't know that."
no longer active
"I uhm... I live in Fallow, it's quite far away, but usually it's nice and quiet here... For the most part I only settled into my own little section of the bedroom of my roommate Patches yet. They're an OBJ and very calm, giving me lots of space for myself. I haven't really started a job yet, I'm... not particularly sure what I could even do." He tilts his head a bit looking around at the landscape they're walking through. "I really enjoy nature though, it's calming."

"It can take time to get settled into new places, especially when we're straight out of a lab...none of us have even existed for that long, you know?"
"It's.. a lot of change right after just starting to exist."
"But, all we can do is keep on keeping on- oh, we're here!" The touch type gestures to a pleasant riverbank, complete with a stable looking dock. She leads the group on ahead, finally taking off her backpack where the dock met shore. "Now, fishing's pretty easy...I can show you general technique, but I'm leaving it up to you to pick out where you're going to fish, and what bait you use."
OBJECTIVE: Introduce Yourselves- complete!

NEW OBJECTIVE: Fishing, Round 1

BAIT CHOICES:
  • worms
  • leeches
  • minnows
  • spinnerbait lure
  • crankbait lure
  • spoon lure
SPOT CHOICES:
  • end of the dock
  • midway down the dock
  • on the riverbank
  • on a nearby tree branch
HOW LONG TO WAIT?
  • a short amount of time
  • an average amount of time
  • a long amount of time
Shock selects a worm from the bait pile and affixes it to the end of their fishing line. They clamber down onto the riverbank and cast the worm into the water with a gentle plop. They seem ready to wait a long time.
no longer active
Timothy picks out the most unusual bait to him, the spoon lure, and decides to climb all the way up onto a tree branch. With some effort, he casts his line into the water, and is prepared to wait a long time for a bite.
Trice hooks a minnow onto her line and takes a seat on the middle of the dock, feet dangling into the water as she settles in for a middling wait.
Markus watches everyone else get settled, before looking at the baits before him. He states at them for a moment before reaching out and carefully grabbing one of the spinnerbait lures and attaching it to the provided fishing pole. Equipped for fishing he walks along the dock, to the end of it and settles somewhere relatively close to Trice, dangling his long feet in the water and leaning back relaxed, ready to wait for a long while.

"Well, now that we're all settled in...anybody got something to talk about?"

[Fish will be caught after certain numbers of posts, symbolizing wait time...once all players have caught fish, the next round will commence!]
"What kind of fish live around here?" Trice asks curiously. She's watching her lure bob in the water.
"Oh, mostly common stuff...I saw an orphanus the other day, though, and that was very exciting! They're kind of like big eels, and make for a really savory dish."
Shock nods knowingly. "Eels."
no longer active
"Something savory..." Timothy muses. "I'm starting to wish I brought some herbs with me... But the ones in my garden aren't finished growing yet. I'll try to bring some next time though!"
"Oh, yeah, for sure! I'd love to host more missions like this...you think I could pull off a cooking class?"
"I think you could! You already arranged this nice fishing trip for us after all!" Timothy sounds pretty confident about that. "If there's anything you'd need help gathering for that I'd love to lend a hand!"
"Thank you...I'm sure that a lot of other missions will be exciting and adventurous, but I'm kind of a simple person." She shrugged. "I don't really have inner demons or anything like that, you know? Not that there's anything wrong with that, everybody's just gotta work through their own stuff. And, you know, I'm glad this system exists- it could really help people do just that! But for me, I don't have a lot going on up top...just want to fish, cook, read... And I figure, somebody else might need that kind of thing too."
"I think I'd prefer nice, soothing fetch quests like this to adventures! If you do start a cooking class, I'd like to come by."
Suddenly, there's a bite on Trice's line-!

"Oh, reel it in! Be careful, you don't want to lose it now!"
Trice startles and pulls up on her line, reeling as safely as she can without hesitation.
Markus tilts his head upside down and facing Hazard. "I haven't eaten much yet... I know I really like potato chips though. Maybe if you ever have classes you can teach me how to make more stuff I like." If he could smile he would, but since he can't he just wiggles with his ear nubs.

"Oh man, I'd love to! I'm all about finding things people love to munch on-Nice catch!"

Trice has caught a Spire!
[Image: pSjSJ5T.png] 

"That's a spire, they're pretty slippery- don't drop em!"
Trice bundles the spire in the bottom of her blanket, water darkening the fabric as she does a little two-step dance. "It's squirmy!"
Markus watches the cat next to himself struggling with the fish in their... Arms? Blanket flaps? And stands up, deciding to lend her a paw, or rather two, so that the fish doesn't excape again just after being caught.

Trice gives Markus a grateful nod once her grip on the spire is steadied and its thrashing slows. "Thank you! You can go back to your fishing rod, if you want. I think I have him."