Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crankshaft Memory [Crankshaft Rafflesian Rework}
DOROTHY
Perspective: Dotty
CW: Mention of death.

[Image: unknown.png]
 You are Dotty.

You scuttle off the bus and through the old brick plaza to the best of your ability.

Today you’re meeting a old friend to discuss a few threads you don’t know what to make of.

You were built, died, reborn, died, and yet again restored only to find yourself not remembering a lick of any of your past lives.

Despite this, you’ve managed to make a pretty good place for yourself in this world… at least, you wish it were that simple.

Over the past few months, you keep having dreams and feelings that you aren’t sure are entirely your own but…

After a bit of sleuthing there seems like they’re certainly a bit more.

Much to your surprise, a number of old colleagues from back in the day seem to be very much alive despite the odds.

And you’re about to catch up with one really fast.

Lighter: Dotty!

Dotty: Mornin!

Lighter: Morning? Just a okay one?

You roll your eyes at them,

Dotty: Good morning. Sorry for being late.

Lighter: No worry. Have to say, much softer look than I’ve ever seen you in. Really did become a different person over al these years…

Lighter: Admittedly, heard rumors about you plenty of times since you were restored but… many of us deemed it unfair to pop in when you were unlikely to remember much of your past life.

Dotty: Seems to be changing now so…

Lighter: Mm.. that’s why you’ve contacted me.

Dotty: Bits and pieces have been coming back up.

Lighter: Mm.. seen the sketchbook photos. Have to say I quite like your interpretation of me.

Dotty: Do my best… Have it on me if you’re interested.

Lightr: Absolutely. Know someone else who may be as well but… I’d been hesitant.

Dotty: You mean Anthon?

Lighter: Mmhmm. He’s mellowed out quite a bit these days but.. The two of you had quite a fierce rivalry back then, and I don’t know if you’d be okay for that.

Dotty: Don’t remember enough good or bad about him to make that call. Were we close?

Lighter:  In an unusual way, yes. Friendly enough to eat at the same table for the holidays, dangerously competitive and prone to scrapping enough that I’m surprised either of you are allowed to ref for a duel frankly.

Dotty: Is he in the business too?

Lighter: Mm, at Capital. You’ve been there I’m sure..

Dotty: Few times, had a gig there with Lex.. you uh.. Remember Erica?

Lighter: Mm! Was she there?

Dotty: Grandson was… and well…

Dotty: That’s a bit of a story actually. Maybe I’ll tell you some other time.

Lighter: We have plenty of time today,

Dotty: Mm.

The witchy construct shuffles through the sketch book, stopping at a certain page.

Lighter: Ah…

Dotty: Yeah…

Lighter: You remember them?

Dotty: Bits and pieces… always makes me sad. Seemed like someone special…

Lighter: Certainly was. Had the privilege of getting to work with them during their time. Talented when it came to working with the supernatural, managed to catch the attention of Mori.

Lighter: You two always seemed so happy together… and yet somber. Your meeting wasn’t exactly during the happiest of times.

Lighter: Incident when the egg was laid..

Dotty: I remember that much.

Lighter: Were hired by Mori to keep an eye on them, make sure they’re safe as they worked. They were vital toward the efforts to deal with the toxic levels of radiation the populace endured. 

Lighter: Sadly didn’t get to see the results of all that struggle. Miss them, can’t imagine how much it hurts for you.

Dotty: It’s honestly why I came out all the way here to begin with.

Dotty: For the longest time, I didn’t want to remember any of it. Didn’t want to find out and become a different person but..

Dotty: Now it’s what I think about a ton and…

Dotty: Hurts more thinking I forgot someone so special to me…

Lighter: You’re willing to take the risks that come with it? Your worries might be correct.

Lighter: Hard to say which version of yourself will be the one you end up as in the end.

Dotty: Neither.

Dotty: The old me’s too fractured. And the new me’s already changed a ton over the past few years.

Dotty: People are contradictions. You can end up a completely different person over a decade, but at the same time you’re building off that old version and everyone and everything in your life since.

Dotty: Refurbished.

Lighter: Elegant  way to put it.

Dotty: I think at the end, I’m just as much the people I have now.

Dotty: Met a lot of good folks since, you know?

Dotty: And it's been nice catching up with you and the others too..

Lighter: Honestly I was worried I’d be too old and crusty for you at this point.

Dotty: Not at all!

Lighter: Have to wonder myself though…

Lighter: New people?

Dotty: Mm…

Light: Someone special too..

Dotty: I mean I mentioned I’ve moved in with my uh… partners?

Lighter: The rabbit and the proxy, yes…

Lighter: There was something I recall from back then and…

Lighter: When you “smiled” back in those days, you always did a little thing with your eyes that I’m seeing right now.

Lighter: I wonder if a certain spell came true…

Dotty: What do you mean?

Lighter: I’ll elaborate soon enough, after some breakfast. Thinking pancakes myself, care to join?

Dotty: Never passing that shit up, I’m good for it.

Lighter: Know a great spot in the area…. Missed talking to you honestly..

Dotty: Weird to say but.. Me too…

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crankshaft Memory [Crankshaft Rafflesian Rework} - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 09-22-2022, 07:56 PM