Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crankshaft Memory [Crankshaft Rafflesian Rework}

[Image: unknown.png]

Jam: Yo.

Dotty: Jam?

Jam: Yeah, taking up front right now. Lot sure happened today so quick yeah?

Dotty: Mm. You didn’t come out at all while we were hanging out with your cousin.

Jam: Felt shy, plus I’m not all that close to the family like Lex is. Feels weird calling any of them family, parents wanted my ass to go away.

Dotty: Yeah, Lex told me. Did she catch you up on stuff?

Jam: Yeah, much as she could. We talked it over some but I wanna talk to you about it too. So…I’m here.

Dotty: Mm…

Jam: Also hope it’s not weird I’m wearing the shades in bed and all, bit of a comfort thing.

Dotty: No I get it.

Jam: Feel weird being seen without makeup or something to sorta separate me from Lex you know? I mean I know you don’t see us as the same person but..

Dotty: You’re fine! You two let me sketch while we talk in bed so..

Jam: I mean yeah, that’s something that means a lot right?

Dotty: You’d be surprised how many people get annoyed by that! Got a co-worker who’d do that and spouse got all upset over that.

Jam: That’s so weird.

Dotty: Most higher ranking dueling officials are older so…

Jam: So they grew up with their only punchline being “I hate my spouse.”

Dotty: God, yeah…

Jam: Could never understand that, love mine.

She looked away sheepishly.

Dotty: We’re not married..

Jam: Yet! We could be!

Dotty: Is that a proposal?

Jam: Maybe. Not yet though, I wanna wait for the best day for something like that.

Dotty: You and Lex keep teasing me with that… though at this point I don’t think it matters as much. Don’t see myself going anywhere.

Jam: Neither of us do either..

Dotty: But yeah… a lot of old marriages seem so weird like that.

Jam: Absolutely bet you a lot of them would get anal about the shades thing.

Dotty: I mean yeah…

Jam: Praying to god nobody gets on my ass if we do visit Lex’s folks.

Dotty: I just hope the whole thing goes well honestly…

Jam: Mm. Don’t know if I want to reveal myself though. Praying I can keep quiet til night where we’ll be alone in the room together. Plus it’s hard to stay in control of the body for longer periods and parents would sap me faster, Lex has way more stamina for that.

Jam: Not going to lie though, feels bad that the way things work makes it feel like there’s a bit of a default sometimes.

Dotty:I don’t think there’s any default.

Jam: I know… I mean she came first but I like to think of our life as ours you know? Don’t wanna feel like an add-on.. Bright side is we always got each other though and I like chilling in our head anyway so it’s good. I’ve gotten a lot more stamina though working at the witch shop.

Dotty: I’m so glad that’s been working out for you.

Jam: Same, owe Spice and Targe a lot for hooking me up. Lex seems to like the job too, place attracts a fun crowd.

Dotty: Speaking of, how are those two?

Jam: Good! Honestly might check on them before we go tackle the parent visit.

Dotty: I know you and Spice are especially close.

Jam: Yeah.. it’s weird to think we still got a good friendship going on considering how bad the breakup is.. Was? Is?.

Dotty: Was I think.

Jam: Yeah. No like… I dunno, he’s one of my best friends and reconnecting with him and Targe has been nice. Plus he gives me strats.

Dotty: Strats? What kind?

Jam: Bit of everything in life really, those to got bucketloads of advice I swear.

Dotty: Mm.. and there’s no weirdness?

Jam: Nah, surprised honestly. Usually people don’t connect with an ex like that… granted it was short lived anyway. Chickened out, got weird and insecure and emotionally messy on my end..

Dotty: I mean you talked it through.

Jam: Yeah. Honestly him and Targe might have something handy to say on how to handle the visit.

Dotty: Wish I got to talk to Targe more but he always seems so… aloof.

Jam: Nah, he’s a softy. Him and Lex used to jam over stupid shit all the time. Mature when he’s gotta be but there’s a goofy side to him. Used to do this thing where he’d play sad reprises of themes from cartoons while monologuing. Peak comedy, gotta see it sometime.

Dotty: Sounds incredible.

Jam: Really is. Both of them are way more chill since they’ve gotten together proper. There used to be some hesitance on calling it a thing on Targe’s end since well.. Yeah.

Dotty: He was there when Spice’s head exploded.

Jam: Yeah, still feels responsible but… I think he’s learning to forgive himself. Spice loves being a weird gourd rabbit anyway and the two seem so happy together…

Dotty: It’s a pretty good look, always ready for fall.

Jam: No kidding, pestered Lex for awhile if we can get a similar mod but uh… yeah she wasn’t willing to give up her head like that.

Dotty: Isn’t there mods to make Dopple bodles… modular?

Jam: That’s what I said! Told her it’d be something where she could still keep her head but she’s scared of being dismantled. I told her we could be something cute like a camera and she said “That’d be adorable but we’re not doing that.”

Dotty: I mean can’t blame her. I'm scared of mods too… though that’s a pretty cute mental picture…

Jam: Still got them in the end no?

Dotty: Yeah… making this body feel like mine is important. It’s little things mostly but.. You know. Soon as I paid off what I owed, I started using money to fix myself up and change things to be more comfy…

Jam: Mm. Got any more plans?

Dotty: Maybe the ears? Something more rabbit-esque so we match would be cute… but maybe more blatantly cat?

Jam: Blatantly cat?

Dotty: I mean yeah like…

Jam: Are… are you supposed to have cat ears?

Dotty: I’m supposed to be a Cheshire cat-ish thing so… yes?

Jam: Huh… you know I never clicked that but it explains the permagrin your old facial rig had.

Dotty: Hated that plate but… it was nice that you two got really good at reading my face despite all that.

Jam: I mean yeah.

Dotty: I wanna look presentable when I meet the folks especially.

Jam: Think you’ll do good. Maybe I’ll come out and introduce myself with you…

Dotty: Yeah?

Jam: Maybe. Should probably let them know who’s been with their daughter the whole time yeah?

Dotty: Mm.

Jam: Gonna be a bit weird and scary but… we’ll make it work.

Dotty: Yeah, of course!

Jam: We got a few things to handle before we go but having you will make things so much easier for both of us. Lex has to handle a big exhibition fight, we gotta visit Targe and Spice, and Lex promised to meet some guy at the game shop.

Dotty: Oh god…

Jam: Yeah. Gamers are scary.

Dotty: Think she’s got this.

Jam: Absolutely does. Gonna clean shop.

Dotty: Fuck them all up.

Jam: Anyway uh… yeah, think that’s what I had to say.

Dotty: Mm.

Jam: I should probably let Lex come back now that I’ve said my word but-

Dotty: You can stick around a bit you know, went the whole day without talking to you.

Jam: You sure?

Dotty: Mm, long as you’re comfortable.

Jam: I mean yeah? I’m down. Cuddles, maybe a movie…

Dotty: Maybe I’ll bake cookies…

Jam: You can do that!?

Dotty: Friend taught me, got a recipe from their partner. Been meaning to test that out.

Jam: Let me in on that! I wanna bake…

Dotty: Kitchen date?

Jam: Kitchen date…

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crankshaft Memory [Crankshaft Rafflesian Rework} - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 02-12-2022, 06:20 PM