Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crankshaft Memory [Crankshaft Rafflesian Rework}
Pharmacy Arc- Small Talk
CW: Unreality, Existentialism, Mental Heath, references to self harm., drug references.

[Image: 9Zbtfkt.png]
 You get dressed quick in your hoodie and make your way out to the old familiar streets just outside of the boardwalk area. You’ve spent a good bulk of your post-college adult life and at this point you feel right at home.

The chill breeze immediately tickles your nose with the scent of light snow around the corner and the sea salt’s whimsy. You get a warm and nostalgic feeling every time you come back to this.

You tread through with just a little caution and leisurely pace, there’s no reason to rush during the calm between rain and snow. Little snails have appeared from the earth, taking in all the moisture they can get. You watch your step to avoid stepping on any of them.

You make good time getting to the main path. As you reach an intersection, a puffy construct in full length raincoat seems to line up with you shoulder to shoulder. You’ve seen him plenty of times before in the area but you’ve never really spoken to him directly. You give him a little nod and a wave out of politeness.

He gives you a goofy shrug in return.

Lex: No?

???: I dunno. Seen you getting into trouble around here regularly for the past couple of years so…

Lex: So?

???: Figure something’s up if we’re suddenly talking like this. What’d you pull?

Lex: Nothing yet, might do something later.

???:  Don’t bring me into it if you can, I got work tomorrow.

Lex: Same.

???: Yeah? What you do?

Lex: Got a job at the local shopping center, witching shop.

???: Ah… you’re one of those cranberry goths.

Lex: Cranberry goth?

???: You know, like goths but with more reds and purples than black.

Lex: That a thing?

???: Nope, made it up just now and you passed.

Lex: What about you then? 

???: Cold storage.

Lex: Ah, warehouse work?

???: Yep, it’s not much but it’s honest work as some would say.

Lex: I can see it. What about after that?

???: I’ll go watch a film if I got the cash, maybe hang out at the local game shop, that sort of thing.

Lex: Game shop?

???: Yeah, tabletop and trading cards and that sort of thing. You been too one before?

Lex: Yeah when I was a kid but it’s been a good while..

???: Whatcha play?

Lex: Arcanist Complex, Black Knight Profile, a few of the short lived ones……

???: Like?

Lex: Dogfighter Opera.

???: Eyyyy, that show was legit though. You seen the new movies?

Lex: There were new movies?

???: Yeah, they’re pretty good. Less corny than the original, beautiful animation. You gotta give them a shot my dude. So what decks you play?

Lex: Oh god I’m probably out of rotation..

???: Then what did you used to play?

Lex: In Arcanist I played Red Stitchcraft turbo… in Black Knight I played Four Seasons and Crown Assassin… you? Dogfighter I played Viper Aggro.
???: Combo player?

Lex: Little.

???: Nice, nice.

Lex: You?

???: Ah me? I just go for the dirty stuff, the type of thing that reminds you how toxic the game is. Fun getting a look on the other person’s face you. Things like Sandbar Loop, Crabstep, Rootfoot. Things that get banned fast.

Lex: Nasty. Actual garbage.

???: I am what I am. So what do you do on your spare time besides? Never asked you.

Lex: Well I hang out with my partner, I’ve got a side job in dueling, and I like to write from time to time.

???: A warrior poet. That’s rad.

Lex: Nothing like that..

???: You fight, you write, and you’ve got a killer bite. Sounds like one to me. So what you write about?

Lex: Mostly just personal stuff. Feelings, thoughts, little moments I guess. Beauty of the mundane does a lot for me I guess. Like… capturing those moments and conversations you know? There’s something special about those.

???: And what about now? You getting any inspiration?

Lex: I mean… maybe a little.

???: If I show up in one of your stories I want an arm cannon and abs.

Lex: What? Why?

???: Because if you’re ever famous I wanna be able to say “Yeah that was me.”

Lex: That’s pretty far away…

???: I can wait.

Lex: Assuming it happens. Anyway..

???: Plenty of folks get famous decades after they die you know? Maybe you will.

Lex: I’d like it before that…

???: Heh..What’s your name anyway?

Lex: Lex Leon. You?

???: Micky Mellow.

Lex:... What’s your real name?

He flashed his ID.

Lex: Dang. Cape comic energies.

Mickey: No kidding. Likewise to you. If the world’s in trouble we could do a teamup. So where you heading?

Lex: Picking up my meds at the local pharmacy. You?

Mickey: Getting that good kush, you know how it is.

Lex: I know.

Mickey: I can tell you the spot if you need.

Lex: Good for now I think.

Mickey: Suit yourself. Gonna turn the corner here though in a sec.

Lex: Gotta go separate ways?

Mickey: For now, was nice talking though.

Lex: Likewise. Think we’ll bump into each other again?

Mickey: Pop by the Billie’s Game Shop on Sunday for some Black Knight and you might.

Lex: Game good lately?

Mickey: Never was. Just always fun in how bad it is.

Lex: Good answer… I might take you up on that.

Mickey: Seriously consider.

You considered.

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crankshaft Memory [Crankshaft Rafflesian Rework} - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 12-23-2021, 11:16 PM