Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
King's Mulligan [Interactive Project]
[Image: image.png]
You think about it.

You reflect on the kindness Creme’s managed to present you despite everything. It’s almost too kind under her circumstances but… you really hope she can recover. Her strength, her confidence, everything.

You wish for her to find the best life she can.

You have a little sympathy considering Ibarra’s situation but… you find it hard to find something nice to say all things considered. You find her weak but…. No. You worry you’ll taint the impression.

You hand it over to Jackie.

Jackie: Everything okay?

Tiles: Help me here, what are your thoughts on Ibarra?

Jackie: I mean… she brought me back. Can’t help but give credit there but..

Jackie: I don’t know. She sold out quite a bit, but it’s clear she was cornered.

Jackie: And well.. Your friend has the right to choose how she wants to engage with her other half, yeah?

Tiles: Does bother me how after all that build up she really didn’t seem to put up much fight…

Gallows: Maybe she was tired.

The rabbit enters the frame with Courier and Motley.

Gallows: Sometimes you have to admit you’ve made a mistake. Sometimes you need help.

Gallows: Whatever happens, better to build alliances than risk losing allies.

Tiles: Were you up to this?

Gallows: Had a heart to heart, though I’m not the one who discovered this opportunity on my own.

Gallows: You’ll meet my friend in the shadows eventually. Got an eye in the sky and all that.

He tosses you something, a card.

Gallows: Should assign your own sibling an arcana. Can’t bring him back with you otherwise.

Tiles: Is…

Gallows: He’ll fade without something to anchor him. Right now your little mate is hosting him but… eventually you’ll want your friend back, no?

That’s true, can’t imagine Bastion wants to nap forever…

Gallows: Could also pick another personal item as well to tie him to. Might bring you luck. Working with fragments of the dead is well… I think Mot’s got more to say on that.

Motley: Simply put, this guy's not gonna be the way you remember him, not all the way, anyway.

Motley: If you wanna flesh him out a bit, you gotta give him stuff to latch onto! Preferably stuff from the old days, but eh- if you're willing to accept you're not getting "the" guy, you can help by asking him questions and giving him scraps and things to help him get what he needs.

Motley: Just, whatever you do- don't try to get your old brother back. What you've got is great, but there's no such thing as bringin' back a person wholesale. Take what you can get and get to know this guy as a new person if it comes to that.

Motley: ...that's what I know from working with my gang and playing scavenger for 'em.

Tiles:... Is he not...?

Motley: I'm telling you as a professional necromancer: there's no way to fully bring back the dead.

Motley: He seems to remember you pretty good, and that's real. So's all the feelings going on right now. She manages a wide smile, trying to look reassuring.

Motley: You got really lucky in that regard! Most people don't get that far, not by a long shot!

Motley: But...

Motley: He's gonna have holes, probably in his memory. From what I can tell, you've got emotions well intact, and that's really good for a situation like this...but you're probably gonna need to coach him a bit. More than a bit.

You nod and take a look over at Jackie. He's avoiding eye contract, face with a tinge of guilt.

Tiles: Is there... any good way to keep in contact? You know a lot on this and I want to make sure this second chance is given the best it can.

Tiles: Admittedly feels strange taking care of someone who used to do the same for me but... he deserves that much.

Motley: Hmmm....

Motley: Eh, sure! Hold out your hand!

You do so.

She focuses for a moment, clenching her fist- before tossing something marble sized into your own palm. It's...wet.

Motley: Give it a little poke.

It unfurls into a pulsating orb of flesh, an ear sticking out on one side, and a mouth on the other.

Motley: Pocket sized communication, a direct line to me and my gang!

Motley: Just focus on it and give me a shout. I'll hear.

Tiles: That simple?

Motley: Well, you gotta feed it regularly for it to stay up and running- but I assume that'll be fine! She grins even wider, and you can't help but feel a bit uneasy at how excited she is over this...thing.

Motley: Just let it bite your finger every so often. No big deal!

Gallows: You'll get used to it fast... now um.. shall we commence?

Jackie walks on over to hand Creme her card back.

Gallows: Figure if we do both of these at once, the magic will rub off. Something special and all, controlled simultaneous rituals and such.

You nod.

Gallows: Pick a item, arcana. We'll handle this quick and clean.

Jackie's current Major Arcana is: The Sun.

A secondary Arcana can add a lot to his current spread.

It will also apply its benefits to yourself.

Pick wisely....

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: King's Mulligan [Interactive Project] - by Guest - 12-03-2021, 01:09 PM
RE: King's Mulligan [Interactive Project] - by Guest - 12-07-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: King's Mulligan [Interactive Project] - by Guest - 08-29-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: King's Mulligan [Interactive Project] - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 11-13-2022, 07:57 PM