Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: Proxy's Memory
TAROT REVERSAL
[Minus Arcana B Side]
CW: None
Perspective: Manzana

[Image: Bug%20Owner%20final%20mix.png]

You step inside the store tucked deeply in the alley you’ve been wandering for a bit.

This city is a labyrinth, one that you really shouldn’t be wandering on your own the further you dig in.

But… you’re fine.

You’re confronted with a rather cozy looking place. Well loved clothes and objects in every inch, what appeared to be a dining hall with a fireplace setup… a schedule for events, a board that had signups for rooming…

You wonder why a place like this exists so out of the way.

The shopkeeper gives you a warm welcome.

???: Good morning!

Manzana: Morning…

???: Need anything?

Manzana: Not really, just looking around.

???: Take your time then, let me know if you do.

Manzana: Mm…

Manzana: Actually, got a question. If uh, that’s okay?

???: Go fo it.

Manzana: What is this place exactly?

???: Mm?

Manzana: Like.. uh..

???: Are you from out of town?

Manzana: Mmhmm.. Plaza.

???: That’d do it then. That’s a long ways out.

???: You’re with someone else, right? Seem a bit young to be on your own.

Manzana: Here with my mom, but she’s busy with work right now.

Manzana: So what is this place?

???: Historically? A safehouse. Though these days it’s really just a thrift store with a few services attached.

???: Bit of a product of the old country, these sort of places set up shop in regions like this one as a hub for immigrants and travelers. Back then they were made as a means for revolutionists to take shelter during the wartime.

???: Thankfully not the case right now.

Manzana: That why it’s so out of the way?

Manzana: Entrance isn’t on the main streets.

???: Mmhmm..

???: Feel free to look around as much as you’d like while you’re here.

You look up at the walls and see plenty of old timey photos, plaques, and the occasional broken weapon up on display.

???: Got a name?

Manzana: Manzana.

???: Like an apple?

Manzana: Guess so, yeah. What about you?

???: Trade.

Trade: You can stick around here as much as you’d like. Got a lot of regulars your age who show up, might be good to meet them.

Manzana: Local kids?

Trade: Yeah. Some picking up stuff for their folks, a few who don’t really got a home otherwise.

Trade: The safehouses in town are all in touch with each other, we try to make sure folks don’t have to sleep on the streets…

Manzana: Mm…

You linger on that for a while.

It wasn’t that far back that you were in this position yourself.

Somehow the idea seems unpleasant to you though, not that you thought yourself above it. Moreso…

Guilt?

It was really a chance encounter that your adoptive mother took you in. She saw potential in you, your tinkering with witchcraft catching her attention.

It was really nothing that special, Plaza was a region where it was part of the culture, and ultimately the layman’s means of interacting with the more fantastical parts of life in a mundane way.

But…

Trade: Something on your mind?

Manzana: Is it really okay if I stay here a bit?

Trade: Why wouldn’t it be?

Manzana: I’m not from town, my mom and I are staying at a nearby apartment while working. Don’t really need to be here…

Trade: Your mom left you at the house alone and you’ve wandered out, right?

Manzana: Yeah…

Trade: You’re always better off sitting down for a meal at a safehouse than potentially getting hurt on the busy roads.

Manzana: I mean that’s why I’m here I guess..

Manzana: How much to eat?

Trade: What you can afford, free even. These days the town puts a decent amount of money into this place but a donation helps if you can.

Trade: Though right now the kitchen’s on break so you’ll have to wait a good hour for it to open back up. Hope that’s okay.

Manzana: Yeah…

Trade: In the meantime…

The bug pulls a pamphlet out of the counter desk and slides it along.

Manzana: What’s this?

Trade: Chart of where all the old safehouses are located in the area. If you’re wandering around again, use the local landmarks to help you track one down to rest at.

Trade: Probably not too exciting for you but…

You pocket the map, folding it nice and neat before tucking it away.

Manzana: Thank you…

Manzana: So uh, what’s all this stuff on the wall?

Trade: Oh god, whole lot of history behind that.

Trade: Might be a bit of a long story. The Swords rebellion, The Post War Crash, the Rebuild, whole lot..

Manzana: I got time.

Trade: You sure?

Manzana: Mmhmm!

Trade: If you’re sure.

Trade: Should be some self serve items left over from our breakfast shift that haven’t been stored yet. Go ahead and treat yourself first before I talk your ear out.

[Image: blazblue.png]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 10-31-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 11-04-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: Masa con Papas: Proxy's Memory - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 08-27-2023, 08:42 PM