Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[???] Pick And Mix Play By Post Adventure OOC Thread
[STATIONARY_FRICTION]:
Pick and Mix
An Introduction
    Greetings. I'm Stationary Friction and I will be running a play-by-post adventure role-playing game thread. Of those aspects, it will likely be leaning heavily into the role-playing part more-so than the numbers floating about that some with experience in the field may be accustomed to. Luckily, this should make this a fairly simple game to watch and play, aiding me in running the adventure. Allow me to explain the premise more below.

First, as the Captain of Gaming, I shall stitch together the setting from what will be discussed in the next session. This, combined with the premise of your character, explained in the section following the setting section, will provide you with the starting scenario and context upon which the campaign will be based. After the starting scenario is provided, you will all be free to attempt actions. I will provide you with the results of your action based on your character and the situation. Ideally, I would love to get away with this being a mostly dice-free game, but I may occasionally use dice for an element of chance where there is an in-universe object dependent on chance, as a tool to decide the outcome of a contest between players, or in other appropriate scenarios. Though, if players put forward sufficient interest, I can absolutely change this. In any case, the resulting rule-set will vary some by the outcome of the setting.

The setting will be the first part of the campaign to be created. Luckily, whether you wish to play or not, the setting has a wonderful twist. You may provide an input to influence the setting of the game. You have up to twelve words. Use them alone, in sentences, or in any other way you wish and I shall glue together the parts of the model of what has yet to be into the claws of the present. I will then provide a write-up providing a summary of the setting in general, notable locations, important groups, and other information that is useful to those trying to create characters. Do remember to follow all forum rules. I also ask that you be sparing in references to existing companies or similar things, as I might have to take liberties to make an appropriate parody of the input. Additionally, I may tone things down a touch if the setting seems to be getting overwhelmingly dark in totality. Otherwise, I'll try to make just about anything work.

Based on the outcome of the setting, I will offer a template to create characters with. It is highly probably that fields for the character's name or other designation in addition to any pronouns used will be offered, in addition to choices regarding your form, capabilities, and other relevant details. The exact specifications will be tailored to how the theme or genre of the setting seems to be once I have all inputs in, but the above should let you know what you can keep in mind. As a note, I will incorporate concepts for backstory or origin for the lore as best as I can, but for those whom I have no superior solution, I may have to suggest that your character simply slips in through a hole between worlds or use a similar plot device. You may of course, also intentionally ask for that origin. Additionally, while I will try to roll with bits brought up through conversation where I can, some things might not be salvageable, especially when regarding major faction or conflicting previously established facts. If someone wishes to join and the game has already started, I will see what I can do to get them in, likely conferring with that player to place them at a destination or random event that makes reasonable sense.

In summary, if you wish to do so, regardless of if you wish to play, I would ask that you provide up to twelve words to be utilized for the basis of the setting. As stated above, they can be in sentences, poems, or anything else, as long as all the word count involved sums to twelve or fewer. Please also indicate that the twelve words are meant for the setting input. Additionally, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to reply with that. Additionally, if you are interested in being a player, or perhaps simply plan to watch very intently, I would be delighted to read about what you enjoy in games and stories so that I will have some more insight in how I should put things together.

I'll note when I'm beginning to finish up the setting parts, but even after that if you post something I may see if I can fit it in before getting the setting primer and character template up. After that, I'll be closing off setting inputs as I take character inputs.

Messages In This Thread
[???] Pick And Mix Play By Post Adventure OOC Thread - by Ignispark - 12-25-2021, 06:35 PM