Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
King's Mulligan [Interactive Project]
[Image: okg6g9f.png]

“Yes, Hi, hello… testing one… two… three?”

You get a closer look at your supposed rescuer.

He’s a rabbity looking creature but not one of the local variety. His cadence suggests he’s lived here for most of his life though. His family likely came from oversea.

You can’t tell if he’s well dressed or a bit of a disaster with the patchwork patterns all over his suit.

He gives you a look of confusion in return.

“Testing what exactly?”

“Something… I suppose I owe you a thank you though I’m not sure why you would risk yourself for a stranger like this.”

He shrugs.

“Right thing to do really… though not entirely lacking personal motivation.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I’ve got quite a bit of spite toward the govern, never been a fan really. They didn’t hesitate to make an example of you by leaving you half dead on the drenched streets so… I figured I’d inconvenience them.”

“Did you have to scuffle with them?”

“Absolutely, made as quick work as we could.”

“Leave any trail?”

“Nothing meaningful.”

“Witnesses?”

“Few, but I assure you nobody in this part of town is willing to be known as a bootlicker.  They’re hoping their fear mongering might make folks cave in but we all look out for each other.”

You scan the area. The room is relatively simple but devoid of any natural light. A few beds for others and medical supplies are easily in view. There’s a desk in the corner… you can see a book and a lance.

He scoots aside so you can see it better.

[Image: vm1c6jx.png]

It could be doing better…. You feel your stomach sink a bit.

“Ah… that your tome? Unfortunately it took quite a bit of damage from being out in the rain. Lance got snapped too. The rest of your personal effects seem to be fine though minus a few edible goods. Sorry we weren’t able to save everything…”

“It’s… okay.”

Your whole body is sore but your injuries seem to consist primarily of bruises and a few cuts that’ve been treated with a surprisingly professional touch.

No fractures as far as you can tell. Your head is a little wobbly but you sit yourself up just fine..

“So what is this place exactly?”

“Safehouse mostly used by travelers and traders. Around this area there’s a good number of them. They’re run on the system that people will return the favor where needed and generally funded by the community…. Though we’d appreciate a tip if you could.“

“Mm, a big thank you to everyone is needed.. Starting with you. Could I have your name?”

“Gallows… yourself?”

“Tiles… if it’s alright with you I’d like to get to know more about yourself and your friends.”

“Me? I’m nothing too special myself really. Just a bit of a wanderer with a fascination toward the occult. My friends are just a few looking out for the folks in the area. We’re not exactly rolling in wealth and the crown only makes things harder for us so we do our best to be self-sufficient… “

“Don’t think the crown has been of benefit to anyone other than themselves and the elites who pad out their own wallets with favors.”

“Mm.. you understand.”

“Of course… so what defines the occult in this case?”

“It’s a bit of a broad topic but breaking down the unusual and defiant of nature’s rules down to a science is the easiest way to put it. Spirits, angelic types, those who come from the dark wells of the earth, and the unknown.. I’m sure you’d know a good amount yourself though.”

“Occupational hazards.”

“Oh?”

“That’s what we call them, a term to add a little levity to the job.”

“You believe such?”

“People face potential worse dangers in a sausage factory daily so.. It may as well be the truth in our world. Though to be honest it does push a certain image of confidence… one we desperately need to get through the grind at times.”

“Always admired that honestly…”

“Really?”

“Mm.. I’ve wanted to be a knight in the past but my physical health has never been particularly good or consistent enough for the field work folks like you do..”

“There’s plenty of other spots, not every knight needs to be a combatant…”

“Perhaps… Is there anything else you’d like? Breakfast? More blankets?”

“Mm.. have to think for a moment but I do really appreciate your company.”

He blushed… more than usual anyway.

“R-Really? I mean… I’m glad I haven’t overstayed my welcome… really do tell me though.”

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: King's Mulligan [Interactive Project] - by Guest - 12-03-2021, 01:09 PM
RE: King's Mulligan [Interactive Project] - by Guest - 12-07-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: King's Mulligan [Interactive Project] - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 12-13-2021, 09:30 PM
RE: King's Mulligan [Interactive Project] - by Guest - 08-29-2022, 08:44 PM