Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
[Image: XQ3BRQO.png]

Without hesitation you answer.

Charon: Fire. Fire would be worse.

Mode: Why?

Charon: Because Ice tricks you into thinking things can get better. Fire doesn't lie to you like that. Fire doesn't make you say goodbye to everyone one by one.

Mode: That's a sad answer.

Charon: I think about things like this a little more than I'd like...

Mode: It's more common than you'd think. I am going to define your power just a little more then, your potential will grow in a healthy way should you keep up with it.

You feel something echo in your soul.

Your Proxy allows you to generate a large needle regardless of situation. You may have one needle active at a time. The needle allows you to control the materials within liquids on contact to separate or merge them. You can freeze liquids instantly. 

Your head feels a little hot as your new power changes your body internally. Mode looks at you with concern.

Mode: You really are first time to getting your fortune done proper around here?

Charon: I thought you were going to tell me how things are gonna go.

Hickory: Around here it's a little different. Everyone's super in tune with their inner sense of self. Getting your fortune is like braces on your teeth, making sure that part of you grows toward a path you need. 

Mode: Well said. It's true. 

Charon: Do I uh... compare well?

Mode: You're better off than most newcomers but some of the life long residents will absolutely destroy you with little issue. Don't be picking fights you can't handle.

Charon: I guess I can't expect to be strong off the bat huh?

Mode: No, but you're starting young enough that one day you could be up there if you kept in practice. Well.... not that there's any real starting age. Your potential is promising so do take care of yourself.

Hickory: Yo, can we get ours done next?

Fenton: Yes it'd be nice if we could get our turn in soon, we have to take our new friend back before it gets too dark.

Mode: Of course....

You watch them both go through the same process but can't particularly make out a lot of information. Whatever changes they've undergone are too subtle to catch. They've possible done this enough that it's only a micro adjustment from your perspective, like correcting braces. 

You try your best not to listen in too hard with what Mode is telling them as you figure it's decently personal info. You really do want to be on the good side of these two. 

Fenton is the first to finish and rejoins you. Hickory's fortune goes by much faster than either of yours. 

Mode gestures at you specifically. 

Mode: You're a first timer so I need to make sure you're on the right track. I'm going to equip you with a journal to keep track of things in. Knowing yourself is important if you want to grow up to be a strong person in this world, lest you become like those who worship the angel.

Charon: Worshippers? 

Fenton: They're a bit of an issue we've been dealing with. They don't really like us.

Hickory: We're in a bit of trouble with some of them but like, not enough they'd recognize us instantly on the street. 

Mode: Are you two fighting them?

Fenton: Usually not out of choice.

Hickory: They deserve it, making a miserable situation even more miserable. Their leader is especially awful, she goes around preaching safety but then constantly pressures what little folks got out of them to keep her church afloat. Awful snake of a person.

Fenton: You might see her face around, she owns the press after all... 

Mode: I have stances on the situation... ones I rather not voice if I wish to maintain a business. For now you had to be somewhere yes? You should scurry off.

Charon: Yeah.

Hickory turns toward you.

Hickory: You wanna take the short way or the long route? I got something I gotta show you, you might like it. Up to you.

Fenton: We don't want to be out too late...

Hickory: It'd be nice to check out. 

Fenton: You can check on it in the morning.... 

Make your choice to advance.

https://www.strawpoll.me/20115035

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 05-20-2020, 09:20 PM