Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
Charon: Geezer, you wanna share a room? Feel like we got a lot to catch up on.

Geezer: Yeah actually, was thinking the same thing. You okay with that.. gramps I guess?

Arabis: Gramps is good enough I suppose, though admittedly I wasn't ready to discover two new grandchildren on this adventure. 

Erica: It's not like you don't already have plenty, what's two more gonna do?

Arabis: ...Fair enough. It ages me though.

Erica: Really? Think it just puts a little emphasis on the immortal thing more than anything.

Arabis: That doesn't make me happier. Regardless I can get you two set up...

Arabis hands you a room key. Number 23.

Charon: Appreciated a ton! 

Geezer: Yeah, thanks. 

Arabis: Of course. I'll order us supper soon but for now why don't you both get settled into your rooms. Erica and I will share a bunk, and I assume our new two friends here are sticking together?

Fenton: Only if you insist.

Arabis: I do.

Hickory: I got no issue then, better than finding a warm spot in an alley. Thanks spider grampa. 

Arabis lets out a smile and a sigh. 

Arabis: Of course.

Erica: If it's worth anything you're still the coolest grandpa. 

Geezer signals to you. 

Geezer: You wanna head to our room now?

You nod.

Charon: Yeah, want to lay down a bit before we get whisked away for dinner and storytime.

You both head down the hall, trying not to catch the glares of various folks who don't look like anything you've ever seen before. Your room was there, Number 23. For a seemingly small building it sure has a rather high count. 

Geezer: Hurry up, I wanna drop my bag off. 

You unlock the door.

Inside is a cozy little setup with a single bunk bed, a desk, a lamp, and a monitor. It's a little anachronistic admittedly. 

Charon: You can take whatever bed you want, I just wanna rest a little.

Geezer: You okay?

Charon: Just a lot to take in and more walking around than I was ready for this late at night. 

Geezer: Feel you there, it's like its been weeks but we've only been here a day.

Charon: Exact thoughts really. 

You flop onto the bed. Geezer puts his bag down and sits in a spot close to you. 

Charon: Whatcha bring?

Geezer: Just some text on how local stuff works and my pocket bat. 

Charon: Aren't pocket bat's banned in a lot of places?

Geezer: Yep, don't tell. 

Charon: I won't, we might need that right now. 

Geezer: What about you? Manage to get your hands on anything?

Charon: I got a uh... proxy I think it's called?

Geezer: Yeah same. I'd show you mine but this room is kind of cramped.

Charon: Fair enough, probably a bad idea right now then. 

Geezer: That all though?

Charon: Also got a weird book from someone who helped me find my way back, hold on...

Geezer: Lemme take a look.

You pull out the book from your pockets and hand it over.

Geezer: Ah, I recognize that seal on the front. It's Lord Crusade. Read up about him, his folks run the land and keep people in line. He made a pact with the angel that spits stuff here. He's no longer around but like, a lot of folks still worship him. The local churches enforce a lot of his policies, keep people from stirring anything that'd piss the angels off. 

Charon: You read all about that while we were apart?

Geezer: Yeah, bit of a bookworm.

Charon: Always figured you were more of a jock.

Geezer: I can be both. Anyway I'm guessing this is some sort of recruitment manual. These folks can be a bit... culty you know? We have to stay under the radar while we're here. 

Charon: Yeah... honestly got that sort of vibe but didn't question too much since uh... her name was Hydra I think? Since she was helping me. 

Geezer: It's probably a lot of crank.

Charon: That makes me want to read it more honestly...

Geezer: I mean you can. I'm curious now too....

He hands over the book. You crack it open and find an index. There's the following sections, you have time to go through one.

- Introductions Featuring Lord Stego
- Picking your Card
- Being in Good Standing with Angels
- Witchcraft for the People
- Promotions

Geezer: I hate the vibes of this entire thing honestly.

Charon: Yeah, let's get this over with...

Please Vote Below 

https://strawpoll.com/xdjjg4247

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 10-22-2020, 12:21 AM