Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
Charon: I really don't want to be stuck here that long but uh.... I guess I'd like to get into crafting. 

Hydra: Really? You the creative type?

Charon: I like working with my hands and making things, pretty good at it too sometimes. That's kind of how I got here to begin with I guess..

Hydra: Well then, if you manage to find yourself having a difficult time breaking out of this place I can look into getting you a apprenticeship in a craft you'd prefer. Between you and me, I'm willing to offer you a head start right now.

Charon: I mean, I'm gonna get out of here. Nothing against anyone here but I got family who'd be worried about me. 

Hydra: Unfortunate. Also I must inform you we are near your destination and at the very least I will offer you a parting gift to help you on your journey, regardless of its outcome.

Charon: You don't need to do that-

Hydra: I insist.

Hydra pulls out a book from her pocket and places it in your hands.

Charon: What's this?

You look through, there's diagrams of all sorts of circles and machines that are very unfamiliar to you. 

Hydra: Forbidden knowledge, a gateway to a lot of things but hopefully in your hands a means to figuring things out. You come off as the type who's good at research so hopefully by the next time we meet you'll be able to weld flesh and metal with just the tips of your fingers. You should hurry ahead though, your destination waits.

She points out a inn lurking in the corner. "The Last Stop."

Charon: I appreciate everything you've done... why are you being so nice though? We barely met?

Hydra: You're young, to the point that your inexperience is more than just a minor detriment to your adventure. I'd prefer to see your odds improved before you take the plunge into the abyss that a journey such as this may imply. Besides, you're new to the city and I make it a point to make guests feel welcome as possible.

Charon: Well... hopefully next time we meet I'll have the whole book memorized twice over huh? Thank you for everything.

Hydra: Mm. Now go, hurry before it gets too dark. I am quite sure your party is there waiting for you right now.

You nod and wave at her before approaching the entrance. You peek through the front window and can make out a few familiar shoulders and cloaks. From what you can hear, someone is being scolded. You knock on the window to catch their attention. Erica turns toward you. You can see her mouthing to Arabis inside. You waste no time entering the building.

Arabis: You managed on your own child! I was about to send out a search party. 

Erica: You has us mighty worried you know! Can't believe you got left behind!

Hickory: I didn't think he'd fall behind like that! 

Erica: You seriously gonna tell me you had no idea you lost him until you got here!

Hickory: I've never had to work with a homebody before!

Fenton: Hick! 

Hickory: I'm saying it as it is! He's got full PJs! 

Fenton: Hick no.... I'm sorry about my friend here, we really didn't notice Charon wasn't with us until it was too late.. 

Erica: I can't believe you two... you're not making the best impression you know? Can't be partying up with folks who I can't trust.

Charon: It's okay. I got back fine. We stayed safe, nobody did anything bad. Don't be mad at them.

Erica: ......

Charon: Please? I'm fine, I promise. 

Erica: You're too easy to forgive you know.

Fenton: If you don't want us around we understand. We got other places we can go to rest up.

Hickory has gone completely quiet.

Charon: I don't want you two sleeping in the streets. It was a little mistake. 

Erica: Grandpa?

Arabis: I'll at least cover them for the night. No promises they'll stick around if this becomes an issue but I don't like the idea of kids taking shelter in alleys. 

Erica: Yeah.. Guess that's fair. Don't do something like that ever again though.

Fenton: Of course! I'm sorry, I really am! We won't leave anyone behind anymore.

Hickory: Yeah, what he said. Sorry about that.

Erica shrugs.

Erica: Just... ya'll make good on your word alright no more of that.

Fenton: We will. Thank you.

Arabis: Mm. Now that that's settled, we'll need to figure out the rooming situation.

Charon: Hey uh, before we do that where's Geezer? 

Arabis: He's in the restroom, he'll be back-

Geezer pops in just as he's mentioned, shaking water from the faucet off of his hands. 

Geezer: You called?

Charon: Geezer!

Geezer: Yo! It's been a bit... like, a few days. I need to talk to you about the shit I've seen around here.

Charon: Days? I just got here hours ago....

Arabis: Time displacement is a little rough. You both may have been sucked in here at similar points in your world but landed days apart. Geezer's been on a few adventures of his own.

Charon: Shoot really?

Geezer: Heck yeah, I think I'm making real progress on how we can get out too. We need to catch up, was worried as heck about you. 

Charon: Same! 

Arabis: Before you do, let's talk about bunking. We need to figure out who's sharing with who. It's cheaper if we bunk in rooms of two.

Hickory: I'm already planning to room with Fenton if that's alright. Gotta stick to who you know.

Fenton: Actually... I'm not against getting to know some folks a bit better. You should too, Hick.

Hickory: You're really going to do me dirty like that?

Fenton: I'm just suggesting...

Erica: I'm fine with bunking with anyone.

Geezer: Same. 

Arabis: I'll leave it to the bunch of you to figure out who your buddy is going to be. Don't pick someone you know you're just going to fight with though.

You got an idea immediately on who you want to ask.

Vote to Progress. 

https://www.strawpoll.me/20356057

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 06-15-2020, 10:54 PM