Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
Yet Another Intermission

It's a quiet day in the Judgment household, Erica leaning back in her porch chair- Charon's already dying to talk to her about her travels, not giving her even a minute to rest. 

Charon: Hey Grandma?

Erica: Yeah? 

Charon: I heard you met up with the dog from Solitude. The one in the family?

Erica: You mean Bucket. 

Charon: Did you?

Erica: Mmhmm. Just shortly, didn't get much time. They were on the way and wanted to catch up quick... things are something between us.

Charon: Something good?

Erica: Something, kid. 

Charon: I wish you let me meet them.

Erica: Why? It's nothing special.

Charon: They're a famous hero right? People love them... 

Erica: Mmhmm. And?

Charon: I guess I wanna know what makes them special. Like, why out of all of us they're kind of the one everyone knows.

Erica: They took a big job with a god and that's all there is to it. That sort of thing nets you fame fast but that doesn't mean it's the best work for you.

Charon: What if I want that though?

Erica: You don't, work is on a level that I wouldn't touch. It's not the cleanest stuff.

Charon: ...What do you mean?

Erica: That dog is a trophy, you don't wanna be that right? Be on display but never make the difference you want to see because your snake of a boss doesn't wanna do something that matters?

Charon: Guess not..... 

Erica: Trust me Kiddo, it's money and attention that you don't actually want once you know what goes in.

Charon: I guess I just want to meet more family too in general, you never let me talk to your aunt, or Bucket, or talk about my parents.... who are they anyway?

Erica: Nobody important enough to seek them out. 

Charon: I mean... I have a right to know, I think I do.

Erica: You'd get yourself in trouble seeking them out kid, I wouldn't bother.

Charon: Grandma.... Please?

Erica: One of them is a bastard I'd shoot on sight and the other can't seem to get away from them. The moment they find you, you'd be paraded around as this wonderful clean cut son they spent the last over dozen years taking care of like they were there the whole time to cover up how much of a mess they are.

Charon: I mean... do they want to meet me?

Erica: One of them does but can't without the other knowing.

Charon: The bastard?

Erica: Language but... the bastard is the whole reason you can't meet them. You don't want to know it.

Charon: It?

Erica: You just don't Charon.

Charon: What about the other one? 

Erica: If you did you'd want to go and help them out, and that'd put you in a world of trouble I couldn't save you from. 

Charon: Can I get a name? Even a fake one? Something? 

Erica: ......Bale. Bale and the bastard.  

Charon: You can do better than that. 

Erica: Bast Terd. 

Charon: Grandma, no. 

Erica: They really are honestly, not worth your time and if uh... Bale weren't ball and chained I'd let them see you at least but... not right now. 

Charon: You're pretty bad at faking names but... at least that's something to attach to right?

Erica: I just don't want you seeking them out til you're old enough to understand everything. When you got a title of your own, you got the right to decide if you wanna seek things out and how you wanna handle it all. 

Charon: You need me to be a knight?

Erica: It'd be the only way you'd be strong enough to meet Mr. Bast. Until then I'm keeping quiet, even if I really do want you to know.

Charon: Alright..... but you will right?

Erica: You prove to me you're strong enough? Yeah.
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by skinstealer - 04-04-2020, 12:01 AM