Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
A Secret Conversation: A Intermission of Sorts

Some time ago in the little shop of a local magic shop. 

Charon: I dunno, I feel like life is going nowhere. Like, none of it is coming together in a way that makes sense I guess. I dunno, you're older and wiser so maybe you got something to say?

Blanc: You could be more upfront with your grandmother about your pursuits.

Charon: I mean I guess? She's on me about so much I feel suffocated though. She doesn't really like the idea of me taking the family buisness, she doesn't like to talk much about her actual kids, and all my aunts and uncles seem weird around her. 

Blanc: Sounds rough.... so why are you coming to me for?

Charon: I dunno, maybe a potion of some kind that'll make life good for me somehow?

Blanc: Figures. Look, you're not strong enough for my kind of potions so I can't do you that much, you're a kid and I don't wanna see you get jacked up by some bad medicine.

Charon: You don't got anything? Even a motivator? 

LeJules: Charon, you're talking to me like I'm a dealer. 

Charon: You're an occultist, same difference.

Blanc: No, not same difference kid. What I sell won't leave you jumping on the back of random trains or buying weird junk at the general store to scare the employees. I sell big solutions to personal problems.

Charon: You got nothing? 

Blanc: I got stuff but you can't handle potions or spells or needles like that kid. What I can hook you up with though is a good reading and a bit of some do it yourself fortune telling to help keep you on the right track.

Charon: I mean... that's something I guess. So what's my problem?

Blanc: Nothing yet, you're a good kid with a good head on your shoulders. You haven't made any big life threatening mistakes but you'll be making a lot of big choices soon. Your lucky card today is.... Death, the Nameless card. Interesting. 

Charon: That sounds bad.

Blanc: Only if you want it to be, it's usually pretty good. The card to worry about today is.... The Hanged Man.

Charon: Why the Hanged Man?

Blanc: Means you're gonna make a big life changing choice maybe. Pain and self inflicted punishment. Don't trust a guy who's tied up like the one in the picture. 

Charon: Okay. 

Blanc: You got the blood of a hero in you, if you wanna be a knight I think you could do it... but if I'm honest Charon, there's a look in your eyes. Destroyer of Worlds-esque even. The kind of the True Heir, a combination of the Kindest Champion and the Devil's Biggest Trick. Everyone's got a little bit of that though I think....

Charon: That sounds bad.

Blanc: It's fine as long as you keep to your guns and be a good boy. Now I got a book for you in the back I can set you up with. Little spells and tricks that someone at your age can do with little issue. 

Charon: Why can't you just tell me what kind of spell I need?

Blanc: Because I trust you to know what you want... and the spell you need right now can't be found just through a elixer or a lotion. 

Charon: And my Grandma?

Blanc: You might wanna get to know her damage more before dropping yours on her. I think she's got a lot going on. 

Charon: Yeah.... You ever talked to her?

Blanc: Erica Judgment? Yeah of course! She's come to me for some weird cases in town, she has worries of her own too. I can't get her to open up entirely but I know she can with the right prompting. 

Charon: Huh.....

Blanc: You have anything coming up that might make her open up?

Charon: I got a bunch of cousins coming next week to stay for the summer, Grandma gets nervous taking care of kids because she's worried about being too rough for them.

Blanc: Yeah? Well help her through that and that'd show her some merit. 

Charon: You think so?

Blanc: Yeah, I know so kid. Now, I'll grab you your stuff in a sec.

Charon: How much?

Blanc: On the house this time, you come here so often I feel like you've earned that much.

Charon: Thank you! You don't have to-

Blanc: I insist kid, just make sure you start with the smaller spells before you jump too hard and if your gut feels bad on something stop alright?

Charon: Right.

Blanc: You'll have to gather some materials on your own but most of these should be easy.

Charon: Okay.

Blanc: And anything involving mention of horrors, don't touch. Your grandma would fry me alive if you mutated a third arm.

Charon: I promise I won't mess with horrors like that. 

Blanc: Good. You're good kid, good luck and be careful yeah?

Charon: Yeah, I will. Thank you.

She waves at you as you leave with your new witching materials. 

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by A_Mi_Manera - 03-24-2020, 08:31 PM