Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
[Image: omUFEay.png]

Charon: Geezer, would you mind looking up angels?

Geezer: Why? I mean I can if you give me a sec but...

Charon: One of them might've dragged us in here?

You look over at Erica, she hesitantly nods.

Charon: There's a significantly larger than zero chance this whole incident involves a angel. 

Geezer: Like, the eldritch shit?

Charon: Yeah, world melting stuff. There's a few others in the same pickle with me.

Geezer: Shit dude. 

Charon: Can you get right on that?

Geezer: Yeah give me a sec. Hey uh... did you get one of those card ghosts? Like, you got your reading so you got one right?

Charon: ...Yeah?

Geezer: You got a name for it? Like, a unique name. While I was in here I learned that giving them a unique name gives them a little more oomph to their punch you know?

Charon: I'll have to get back to you on that.

Geezer: Alright, give me a sec then.

You should probably come up with a name. You remember something important that was never quite fully explained earlier. You pull away from the walkie. 

Charon: So uh... this marked for death business.

Erica: Bit of a old family curse. Long as you carry the name Judgment like that, you're doomed to have to fight something big and monstrous that you'll barely understand. Generational thing, some people get over it and some don't.

Charon: When?

Erica: Eh.... it's hard to say. This might just be it for you honestly. Gramps here pissed off a angel and now it's a bit of a running issue.

Charon: Ah... same angel?

Erica: Yep. Grampa, you remember the phrasing?

Arabis: "Once per generation, I will return. In guise of flesh I will walk among thee, with cloak of the abyss I will strike thy down. There will be no respite lest I am felled, but thy cannot turn the blade with your own hands. The serpent's coil will tighten until resolution is sought. I curse thy name until it falls into obscurity, until eye for an eye makes all blind." There were a few elder swears mixed in I dare not repeat.

Charon: That's mildly menacing. Explain.

Erica: It means every generation has to kick down a angel or you go die and go poof from existence. Until there aren't any more judges it'll keep coming back.

Charon: Ah. I dislike that. 

Arabis: If it's worth anything, I managed to fell mine quite well. A few of us have had success.

Erica: We're technically still on the positive track record-wise. 

Charon: So not everyone makes it I'm guessing.  

Erica: Eh... my dad sure didn't. 

Charon: Ah... 

Erica: I think I used to have a cousin but I'm not sure. Weren't close so I'll manage. We'll be fine, we got experience on our side. 

Arabis: Mm. That's how we as a family ended up living in our little cabin town actually... it's still around yes?

Charon: Of course. So... it worked out?

Arabis: Yes, mostly. The map seemingly was torn apart but... yes.

Charon: What do you mean?

Arabis: Well... You don't see Solitaire, Wanderlust, or Drought on any map anymore for a reason...  or mentioned at all frankly. We used to be known as the Judgements of Solitaire but we cut part of it out due to confusion. 

You lean toward the walkie. You're getting a bit nervous at this conversation.

Charon: Geezer, you there?

Geezer: Yeah, stockpiling a few books on angels. Had to go pretty deep into archives. Can answer any questions you got. Need something? I got it covered. Gonna warn you, a lot of it seems to be folklore so hard to say how true any of it is.

Time to make this poor rabbit answer 50 questions for you. Maybe more, I'm sure there's a few more now.

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by A_Mi_Manera - 12-23-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM